Photo

Keep Gang Members Alive?

17 replies to this topic
tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

I find it near-impossible to keep these fellows alive.

I like the 'Hangin Out' gang wars, cause I can actually keep them alive. But some of the gang wars include explosions, which kills everyone in my gang, save Terry and Clay.

I am at 23/25 Gang Wars, I want to at least get to 25.

Has anyone been able to keep Gang Members alive for a long time?

I once had 3 of 4 of my gang members maxed out, fully, but they died due to an exploding car - every one of the little fellows.

Should I just not worry about it? Or is their a way? Terry and Clay is already maxed out.

----

Also, other than eating, drinking, and playing mini-games, or shooting the cops, what else do YOU do with Terry and Clay? Is their somewhere where rival gangs will continually spawn and we can fight them? Where are some good shootout locations, where Terry and Clay will manage to survive?

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

You should just ignore them, they aren't much help except for meatshielding and distracting the enemies.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:41 AM

Greasepalms, what is your Avatar from?

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Time flies when you throw a clock.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:09 AM

I've only managed to keep some of the other Lost MC members alive for about 2-3 gang wars until they too got killed by either an exploding car or were heavily gunned down, one time that that happened was in Downtown, Broker where even Terry and Clay were killed and I was left hiding behind a dumpster with very low health trying to figure out a way to kill all of the enemy gang members and survive. In the end I had to use a health cheat to survive otherwise I would've failed.

stu1818
  • stu1818

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (tjbyrum1 @ Monday, Aug 1 2011, 00:41)
Greasepalms, what is your Avatar from?

Greasepalms avatar is from coming to america with eddie murphy and arsenio hall

The-San-Andreas-man
  • The-San-Andreas-man

Certified Furry!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:53 AM

They suck, they die too easily, and when you get lucky and they get maxed out, they just get killed just as easily, and aslong as terry and clay are with me, i'm fine, atleast they don't go down in 3-8 shots, plus they have better weapons.

And to keep them alive, well, I guess just take out as many bad guys as possible without using explosives just incase your gang member gets caught in it.

Lancet
  • Lancet

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

If you want to keep them alive, opt to ONLY do the convoy wars. This way, you can pop in, blast the target, and it's done. If they're killed by the remaining enemies after the war is officially over, I don't think it counts (pretty sure).

one thing that worked for other wars was to drive to the helipad above the Booth Tunnel, then get in the helicopter. Fly to the targets and kill them. This should get your gang caught on the structures around there, and it'll take them a while to catch up. This gives you time to win without them being in danger. Just be careful not to press "up" on the d-pad, otherwise it summons them to where you are.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:06 PM

They are rubbish even at full stats.

Terry & Clay are all you need, plus they never die 'officially' anyway rampage_ani.gif

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

Practice your aiming in multiplayer. Single mode becomes quite easy after you play a lot of multiplayer. I got to level 6 in ranked multiplayer before I played my first gang war. My quick aiming reflexes helped me quickly finish each of the 25 gang wars that I did. All of my gang members are maxed up now. (You get more gang wars that you could do even after you unlock the 25 gang wars).

uzerzero
  • uzerzero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

After 21 gang wars, my memorial wall was filled, with an average lifespan of 3 campaigns. You think the rest of the Lost would notice a direct correlation between Johnny becoming president and member deaths... Thankfully the Lost M.C. has perfected cloning technology, because Buck just got killed. Again. I wish they knew what the terms "line of fire" and "fire in the hole" meant.

yarik83
  • yarik83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

I find it utterly pointless to have gang members with me during gang wars.
#1 I have 2 that 99.9% of time always want to get into my shooting line of sight. Does not matter if I walk or stay or hide or sit... they always walk in front of my weapon.
#2 all other gang members are absolutely pointless in battle. I can kill 10 enemies and leave 1 wounded one with 6 of my guys shooting at him from behind cover while I'm chasing a stray one. I come back and guy is still alive and all of mine are dead.

I think rockstar intended gang wars to be fun but in all honesty they pretty much failed in that aspect. Thankfully its not one of those "must do or else" quest chains so I can live with that discrepancy.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

I just done 10th Gang War and so far lost 3 brothers total RIP sad.gif

My current 3 are on a nice run and all maxed out

Buck "the Beast" has been with me on every gang war from the start and a couple missions too biggrin.gif

Respect to Buck cool.gif

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

To me Leon and Dogg were important(Dogg is the best) RIP him and Leon
Leon - died from the hands of Russian Mafia(21-25 GW)
Dogg - died from car explosion(1-25 GW)
I'm gonna miss Dogg and Leon

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

When I get bored, I do gang wars, keep a statistic of how many each member survives, every 5 they survive they get promoted a rank. Highest I was at was 8 with Glenn, killed by an explosion that was about to finish the gang war.

Full death list:

Name of Member (Note* - Ammount of gang shootouts before killed, that they were in) - How they were killed, other death notes)

* = Not always present

Lost MC Dead: 37

RIP Leon
RIP Dick
RIP Brett aka Frosty (3rd Gang Shootout - Killed in action)
RIP Hamm aka Trojan (lolham - 2nd Gang Shootout - Killed in action)
RIP Chuck (Testa lolololol - 5th Gang Shootout - Fully hardened, killed in a D-Day like attack on the deadbeats!)
RIP Spike (1st Gang Shootout - Killed when the deadbeats van exploded)
RIP Petey (1st Gang Shootout - Killed in action)
RIP Nick (1st Gang Shootout - Killed in action)
RIP Glenn (8th Gang Shootout - Killed by deadbeats exploding van!)
RIP Conan (3rd Gang Shootout - Killed in a firefight with russian mafia)
RIP Monty (7th Gang Shootout - Killed in firefight with deadbeats)
RIP Wayne (2nd Gang Shootout - Killed in firefight with deadbeats)
RIP Dogg (2nd Gang Shootout - Killed in firefight with deadbeats)
RIP Buck (1st Gang Shootout - Killed in firefight with deadbeats)
RIP Earl (1st Gang Shootout - Killed in action)
RIP Pat (1st Gang Shootout - Killed in Action)
RIP Willy (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Frank (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Hank (3rd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Hal (3rd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Bruce (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Shawn (2nd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Horse (3rd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Tug (3rd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Glenn V (4th Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Leon B (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Chuck T (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Dick G (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Brett L (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Spike D (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Monty P (2nd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Hamm C (2nd Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Conan O (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Petey P (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)
RIP Dogg N (1st Gang Shootout - KIA)

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:03 PM Edited by Majestic81, 28 February 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Buck and Dogg were the best, Buck stayed with me for a good long time sadly he died by AOD scum

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Weekend Warlock

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Buck stayed with me for a long time too, 9 campaigns I think. I wonder if he was made slightly tougher than the others.

StuartBaggs
  • StuartBaggs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

Dick stayed for about 15, all the others are crap.

CassiusDio
  • CassiusDio

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've got to agree, the gang members are pretty stupid and useless when it comes to gang wars. Even Clay and Terry arn't that intelligent. They walk into the line of fire then start whining about you not shooting. Clay even caught a molotov from me, and set the two of us alight. You could almost call them suicidal. At least the cops can take care of some enemy when they show up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users