Quantcast

» «
Photo

Control Configuration for PC (Xbox360 ctrl)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic
DarkLegacy24
  • DarkLegacy24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:15 PM Edited by DarkLegacy24, 28 July 2011 - 11:48 PM.

Now that I saw the title, this is not a tutorial but rather me asking how to setup the controls.

HiHi biggrin.gif sorry I'm happy I just ate a ton of Pizza blush.gif

Anyways, I want to play GTA:SA but can't really figure out the configuration controls.. Joypad/Mouse and Keys etc.

I'm sorry if this is a noobish statement, but I have no idea how to configure the controls, it looks all wack and honestly I have seen better configuration screens for controls..

All I see is 4 controls for each key no matter what default setup it is.. I don't know which controls are which, are they secondary or something?

I am trying to setup a control map on Xpadder for my 360 controller, but in order to do such a thing I need to figure out how you configure the keys to some decent keyboard settings so I can throw that onto the control map of Xpadder.. if your catching my drift what I'm asking is how to operate the controls screen.. I know it sounds noobish but it looks so complicated rolleyes.gif

thanks so much for the help and cheers cookie.gif , Dylan

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

I would say dump the Xbox Controll and get a decent Generic GamePad. My Logitech Dual Action worked straight from the box without any special drivers.
Anyway... your not the first to have problems. Here are some references.
XBOX CONTROLLER TOPICS:
Start with this one:
XControls-gamepad support
SAAC v1.0 San Andreas Advanced Control
These are others who have had problems:
360 control
Xbox 360 controller for S.A.
What’s a good controller for the pc…
Need a controller for game!
I want to play SA with my 360 controlooer
cant get 360 pad working
full analog support on a 360 pad..
Xbox Controller with GTA SA question
Gaming Controller
PC Joy Pad question.
Gamepad xbox360 controller
JoyToKey- XBOX360 Controller
Xbox360 Joypad Help!
XBOX 360 controller emulator problem.

slowhands111
  • slowhands111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:40 AM Edited by slowhands111, 10 August 2013 - 10:41 AM.

QUOTE (DarkLegacy24 @ Thursday, Jul 28 2011, 23:15)

I am trying to setup a control map on Xpadder for my 360 controller

I believe the only way to get the right analogue stick running is to play with mouse/standardsettings. You need to unplug your gamepad once from your computer and start GTA to restore controller defaults to mouse/standard without any prefigured gamepad buttons. Then leave the game and configure xpadder for keyboard/mouse settings, for example like on the screenshot.
With this setting you have to aim manually with the right analogue stick and fire with right bumper button.
If d-pad bindings don't work for you immediately, try to bind the mousewheel up/down to the pad first, strangely, this may help. The configuration is surprisingly complete ;-), but you will still need the keyboard for some actions from time to time with this configuration.
Another thing I recommand is to bind "looking back" by pressing the right analogue stick in the controllers vehicle configuration (crouch on foot)

For a probably better setup variation you could bind for example primary fire to the right bumper button and secondary fire CTR(L) (= mainly bunny hop and rockets in heli) to the left analog stick-button in vehiclecontrolls and put tab (on foot) and num+ (in vehiclecontrolls) on one button to free up another button to change the camera.
user posted image

slowhands111
  • slowhands111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by slowhands111, 18 August 2013 - 11:27 AM.

I finally found out, that the best configuration for Xpadder is to only configure the right analogue stick to mouse (standard aim) or special controls num2/4/6/8 (autoaim) and RT/LT to w and s.Simply restore the default controls ingame with plugged gamepad and leave them mostly as they are. You can't do much better wink.gif
but I suggest for a layout similar to GTA4 just redefine foot controls and bind RT (w) to fire and LT (s) to "aim weapon".
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users