The Movement to Ban Children in Select Places

80 replies to this topic
Saget
  • Saget

AMF Lima Capo

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Brazil

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

... am I the only one who actually enjoys the sound of loud children? I think it might be my mother instincts kicking in tounge.gif

I'm a rather calm person, in the sense that a jerk adult customer annoys me much more than a loud brat kid.
My mother on the other hand, thinks all annoying children should be smacked around to be quiet. I guess this is when discipline kicks in: it helps a lot if most parents can control their kids.

You know, this reminds me of another discussion I had with my mom, about dogs. She thinks dogs should be allowed everywhere: in stores, restaurants, commercial buildings etc. But then I went "what about the really bad and agressive dogs? Who's to judge who they are and whether to keep them away?" And the easy answer for that is just to keep all dogs away.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

Reminds me of that simpsons episode.

Sounds good to me.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

I'm in favor of this no-kid movement, but I solely blame this on kids today having kids. I thought teen pregnancies were a problem when I was in high school, but after that, it seemed like more and more kids are having babies at younger ages, and it's being socially accepted too.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

Not in the case of the Goodwill store incident, that's not true, but it's likely true that I'd say this is poor parenting! For sure

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 16:38)
I'm a NIGHT SHIFT worker

Wait, you have a job now?

Mak
  • Mak

Religion! ... Cause of Peace & War.

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:57 AM Edited by M.A.K, 28 July 2011 - 12:59 AM.

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 22:11)
I don't understand why people get so mad at a baby screaming on a flight, it's nothing to do with the parents, that's just what happens when you put a small child on something that goes over 200mph at +30,000ft lol.

Ever heard of ear blockage when your moving up on altitude ,its a common thing it is also painful as hell , my grand father (mothers side ) used to work for the PIA ( Pakistan International Airlines ) ,he told me that ,many times he has witnessed children screaming but it turned out most of them have their ears blocked and having your ears blocked for more than an hour, 20,000 feet above is a real pain.

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 22:00)
QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 22:56)
First world problems... gotta love em

Oh yeah worrying about noise is much more important than other problems in the world, like disasters, disease, death, wars or crime. sarcasm.gif

That's what a first world problem is. Along with 'my HDTV takes too long to turn on' and 'my steak was slightly too well done so I had to order another'. It's meant to be a joke.

I f*cking hate children though, so I'm all for this, although outright banning in some places is probably unfair on the nice kids. I'd say go for a one warning policy which would probably work well in the cinema or a restaurant. Let the children in, but if they start screaming and generally being loud little sh*tbags, ask/force their parents to leave (with the kid obviously). Trip raises a great point, if you're paying money for a movie or a meal you should expect to be able to enjoy it in pleasant conditions.

When I went to see X-Men Origins or whatever it was called there was a mother and father there with two kids, couldn't have been older than two or three, screaming their heads off. After ten minutes, the dad finally decides to take the little f*cker outside, then brings him back in still screaming for another ten minutes before they decide to leave. Okay, so you're a parent and you probably don't get much time to enjoy a movie, but that doesn't make it okay to screw over the entire room full of people who paid 5.95+ to see a film in peace.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

What the hell do you expect from a kid?

YankeesPwnMets
  • YankeesPwnMets

Software Engineer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

I hope all of you realize you guys probably acted the same way as a child. What do you guys expect? For them to get PhDs in aerospace engineering before the age of 7? They are full of energy, but even though they might be annoying, I would sure like their happiness and energy in my life one day. Kids will be kids, they won't act the way we expect them to, but we can't really expect much from them. Everybody is still a kid, it just depends on whether you show it or not. I've had kids on board flights, but I thought everybody these days had an iPod now... if you have one there is your reason to use it

I would like kids under age 8 to banned in any movie rated over G though. I don't see why parents are bringing their kids to movies like Star Wars: The Clone Wars. They obviously will cause commotion. Airlines I won't believe will take part in this, because families often take the airline that is offering a family discount, but maybe separating Coach and First class into two parts: No people under age 13 and the other half would be for everybody. I assume families don't use business class on most flights..

secksyjames
  • secksyjames

R.I.P. Caleb

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (kingvercetti @ Thursday, Jul 28 2011, 01:01)
QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 22:00)
QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 22:56)
First world problems... gotta love em

Oh yeah worrying about noise is much more important than other problems in the world, like disasters, disease, death, wars or crime. sarcasm.gif

That's what a first world problem is. Along with 'my HDTV takes too long to turn on' and 'my steak was slightly too well done so I had to order another'. It's meant to be a joke.

I f*cking hate children though, so I'm all for this, although outright banning in some places is probably unfair on the nice kids. I'd say go for a one warning policy which would probably work well in the cinema or a restaurant. Let the children in, but if they start screaming and generally being loud little sh*tbags, ask/force their parents to leave (with the kid obviously). Trip raises a great point, if you're paying money for a movie or a meal you should expect to be able to enjoy it in pleasant conditions.

When I went to see X-Men Origins or whatever it was called there was a mother and father there with two kids, couldn't have been older than two or three, screaming their heads off. After ten minutes, the dad finally decides to take the little f*cker outside, then brings him back in still screaming for another ten minutes before they decide to leave. Okay, so you're a parent and you probably don't get much time to enjoy a movie, but that doesn't make it okay to screw over the entire room full of people who paid 5.95+ to see a film in peace.

At least that dad had the courtesy to leave instead of just hoping they'll shut up and ruin the ENTIRE movie.

Props to that dad, yo.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

Absolutely fantastic idea, society always needs somesort of second-class citizens.
Whether it was Slaves, Blacks, Jews, Muslims or simply conquered people in empires, throughout history most civilisations had some group to discriminate against.

Political correctness no longer allows us to discriminate against a particular group of people based solely on phenotype, identity or heritage, and the criminal justice system is efficiently dealing with most those who would otherwise be decriminated against on grounds of actions deemed unethical, anti-social or illegal.

So we cleverly take it in turns to all be descriminated against in the earlier years of our lives. Children under 18 are already deemed completely incompetent to make their own autonomous decisions in practically every legal aspect, so why not use that against them with a few more things derived from these existing rulings?
Besides, it has already been scientifically proven that most people lack complete mental capacity before that age (and even after for quite a while). So we can all descriminate and feed our inner bigotry safe in the knowledge science is backing us up (on the premise at least). Besides, it's not like any of them will be able to present any intelligent arguements against the ruling in any sort of good debate.

Though in all honesty, personally I'd love the thought of going to my local store or food estanlishment in the knowledge there wont be any children to annoy me with their creativity or self expression.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 17:26)
Doing something like this and restricting access just because a small minority of children aren't diciplined enough to not cause trouble doesn't seem a very good idea to me.

No, it's not a good idea. But the fact that people are considering it tells you that there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. If parents aren't disciplining their children, then something must be done about it.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:03 AM Edited by shayanshaffey, 28 July 2011 - 06:52 AM.

I don't see how all children can be held responsible for a group of children. It's like when I say:"This one person is annoying, oh he's a Turk, let's ban ALL Turks." Some children are very disciplined, here in Iran for example, Let me tell you how a school day goes: You arrive, you are not allowed to run. At the ring of the bell you must be lined up, each class has their own line. We do morning sport, sing the national anthem while one of us raises the flag. We go into class and sit down until the teacher comes, once (s)he comes into class we must greet her with:"Good Morning..." and we must stay there until she gives us permission to sit down.
So here the children are more disciplined. Another reason for this is because: The children here don't have "Disney" "Cartoon Network", on friday they show cartoons and that's it for the week. If you missed them, tough luck! They MUST eat what the mother brings onto the table, if she brings tea and a plate of sh*t, you HAVE to eat that. Parent hitting their children: I've never seen it in Iran, it never happened to me so that doesn't exist in Iran (At least in the better families).
OK, now there are these kids that cry, and look at you and kick your seat in the plane (I've had one of those, for 11 HOURS I was kicked, finally I shouted at the kid, the kid laughed and said:"NAHNAHNAHNAHNAH" and the parent said:"He broke his legs just recently, so he is just using them." I said:"Maybe you should actually see what it's doing around the house!" and looked away. I think if they see a child crying they can tell it to stay outside, but not EVERY SINGLE child.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

This is retarded. It kind of reminds me of racial segregation, except children aren't mature or organized enough to start a civil rights movement.

After this lets ban everyone else that annoys someone at one time or another. Lets ban teenagers that have expensive cars. College Students, period. 30 year olds that spike their hair. 40 year olds that use slang from a decade ago because they just discovered it. Old people, period. Ugly women. Successful men. All of them annoy me, why can't they be banned? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they wouldn't like to be banished from public places, and probably would consider it an infringement on their civil rights. But children, who f*cking cares, they don't have lawyers. sarcasm.gif

To those who complain about crying children, boo f*cking hoo. You have legs go somewhere else, or be an adult and ignore the situation. You're worse than those very same children in my opinion.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, Jul 28 2011, 00:52)
To those who complain about crying children, boo f*cking hoo. You have legs go somewhere else, or be an adult and ignore the situation. You're worse than those very same children in my opinion.

I strongly agree with this. Screaming children might be annoying, but adults that make a fuss are even worse. If somebody is annoyed by a child, then they should settle the problem in a civil manner instead of saying things like "Shut the f*ck up!". People that have to resort to acting like children to stop one from being irritating deserve to be kicked in the face. What if the child actually does have something to complain about? I was too young to remember this, but take this example that my parents told me about. My parents took me to a restaurant, and some guy was smoking a pipe by me. I started coughing and probably crying (I believe I had a lung infection shortly before), and then some adult decided to call me stuff like a "motherf*cker". I honestly wished that my dad would have kicked that guy's ass. mad.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

Say the resident kids here ^^ HA! You don't know just how annoying it CAN be. I don't raise a stink in public so it's not me being annoying in the slightest

GTAIndonesia
  • GTAIndonesia

Gone

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

good thing its under 6 only
Its Resonance Cascade all over again

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

^ says a 40 year old man who doesn't know that babies can't control it (imagine you're on a plane your ears are blocked but you can't tell anybody. so you cry, it's normal)

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

I'm not talking about babies here, I'm talking about the kids who are dragged with the parents to the store, and are at points, not even monitored. My age has NOTHING to do with it. I am also saying there are methods of dealing with crying, you don't just ignore it. My mother works in Early Childhood Development, which I think is should be something everyone looks into in raising Children

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

^ oh sorry slamman, I misunderstood you post

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I don't even think it's that much of a problem, it's called having tolerance. I've been to plenty of restaurants where there were kids and 99% of the time there was no issue. If you're at a really posh one then most of the time there aren't any kids anyways, or if there is then they're from some well to do family and are well behaved. You guys are really making it out to be worse than what it actually is.

Sometimes you'll be in a situation where there is some annoying little git who screams and really irritates you, but you should just suck it up and get on with it. Life aint perfect. You can get some annoying jackasses in the cinema who are over 18, kids aren't the only problem when it comes to being annoyed. I was on a flight before where there was a couple who had had way too much to drink and were being really annoying and loud. If you're on a bus there's always the people at the back who think they are hilarious and need to let the whole bus know it, or people who play their music too loud. You can't avoid it.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 16:12)
Don't you remember when you were kids
I grew up in Soviet Union. We were expected to walk in columns and stay quiet. Unless on a playground, of course. On playgrounds we could behave like children. It strikes a nice balance. Children are disciplined, the public places stay nice and quiet, and children can still let off their steam.

''Aww you hungry? WELL WE ALL HUNGRY''

-K^2's Freedom hating parents

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

The kid's crying part is annoying, but it's a part of flying I've learned to deal with. I might not like it, but I have to think about the child who is young, scared and in a sense doesn't know any better. If a kid is screaming constantly and the parents are doing nothing to try and control their child, I think that's a problem.

I was flying back from a conference last week and I had two separate flights. On my second flight, I was sitting with a child who was around four or five and his mother (who was no older than 25) and for the second half of the flight, the kid thought it would be a good idea to keep kicking my leg. At first, I just ignored it, because I figured he's just a child. Eventually, I asked his mother if she could ask her son to stop kicking me as it was annoying and she ended up being all pissy with me, giving me the "he's only a kid and doesn't know better" excuse. I decided just to let it go because I figured getting into an escalating verbal argument on a flight would only end in a disaster, but I definitely wanted to call the mother a moron.

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

Well if you spend 300 f*cking dollars at a restaurant I don't want little kids screaming in my face. Where am I to go when I just spent a sh*tload of money on food? I don't give a sh*t about Mcdonalds or Burger King but when I go to somewhere, say Galletto Ristorante, I don't want some sh*t head screaming when I'm eating food.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Thursday, Jul 28 2011, 03:54)
QUOTE (SmC12 @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 17:26)
Doing something like this and restricting access just because a small minority of children aren't diciplined enough to not cause trouble doesn't seem a very good idea to me.

No, it's not a good idea. But the fact that people are considering it tells you that there is a serious problem that needs to be addressed. If parents aren't disciplining their children, then something must be done about it.

But that makes no sense and is completely unfair. Your saying all children should be banned from places, and held responsible for being annoying just because a small MINORITY may actually do something wrong.

It's easy to spot which people are the grumpy old men hhaha.

Life is full of annoyances, children are one "problem" you can't get rid of, and they have every right to make as much noise as possible, because that's what children do. You think it's bad being in a restaraunt, plane or in a shop with a screaming child? Well just think about how the parent has to wake up at 3am because of the screaming child - but yet they don't get annoyed because they understand that a child doesn't realise what it's doing is annoying.

If it only takes a crying baby to annoy some of you, then what things in life don't? Cause there's alot of bigger problems that need to be tackled first. And this will never happen anyway. Banning children? Really? Just go to a damn nightclub or something. You'll notice that most public places state the words "Family Friendly". And it should remain that way.

Pagelzilla
  • Pagelzilla

Blowjob Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (D- Ice @ Wednesday, Jul 27 2011, 21:53)
Absolutely fantastic idea, society always needs somesort of second-class citizens.
Whether it was Slaves, Blacks, Jews, Muslims or simply conquered people in empires, throughout history most civilisations had some group to discriminate against.

Political correctness no longer allows us to discriminate against a particular group of people based solely on phenotype, identity or heritage, and the criminal justice system is efficiently dealing with most those who would otherwise be decriminated against on grounds of actions deemed unethical, anti-social or illegal.

So we cleverly take it in turns to all be descriminated against in the earlier years of our lives. Children under 18 are already deemed completely incompetent to make their own autonomous decisions in practically every legal aspect, so why not use that against them with a few more things derived from these existing rulings?
Besides, it has already been scientifically proven that most people lack complete mental capacity before that age (and even after for quite a while). So we can all descriminate and feed our inner bigotry safe in the knowledge science is backing us up (on the premise at least). Besides, it's not like any of them will be able to present any intelligent arguements against the ruling in any sort of good debate.

Though in all honesty, personally I'd love the thought of going to my local store or food estanlishment in the knowledge there wont be any children to annoy me with their creativity or self expression.

I think the language you're using is way too strong. "Second class citizens"? "Feeding our inner bigotry"? They're children under the age of 6! They are completely dependent on another person for every aspect of their life!

If they were paying customers and were being denied access then yes, that would be a discrimination issue.

Also I think people are forgetting that this only applies to businesses that CHOOSE to apply these rules. It's not a nation-wide ban on children in public which is exactly what some of you are making it sound like. We're talking fine dining, select showings at theaters, select flights, etc.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Deathdealer

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

I really don't encounter annoying children in public much, but I don't think they should ban them. That's just plain retarded. I think DarthYenik hit the nail right on the head with his response. If people don't like it, then f*ck off. Pick up your feet and don't let the door hit you on the way out. People these days really are stupid.

bread
  • bread

Organic

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

Best idea ever! I actually think the same rule should be applied for GTAF as well.

a cactus
  • a cactus

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

Nevermind in select places, children should just be banned altogether.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

You know, if the state allowed parents and schools to discipline their children more thoroughly, then they would know how to behave.
I am a firm believer in corporal punishment being reintroduced to schools. Children need to learn to mind their elders and understand the price of misbehaviour. Do this and you'll have tough, morally correct children who don't delay my flight to San Francisco because they won't put on their bloody seatbelt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users