Photo

Drugs in gta v

51 replies to this topic
GTANEXT
  • GTANEXT

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

i have been thinking in most gta's drugs play important role in the story line but in gta v would we be able to sell them like chinatown wars i think many characters in the series are drug addict so it would make sense for the player to sell drugs and it would also help becouse the money the player will earn will help him do allot of things in the game buying cloth etc. so what do you guys think ?
is it better to include the selling of drugs?

GTAglezga
  • GTAglezga

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Id like to see spank making a return.

tibbz
  • tibbz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

I agree, I loved the drug dealing in Chinatown Wars. I was literally scared for my coke and weed when the cops were after me when I had it in my possession lol.gif

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Yea, in China Town Wars it added almost an infinite game play element that still gives you a purpose to play the game after you finished the story. They need it i GTA 5 so the game last longer. biggrin.gif

silentsharklol
  • silentsharklol

Bianco Crime Family

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

Yeah drug dealing in CTW is fun. But in GTA 5 you should be able to take drugs as well.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (tibbz @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 14:59)
I was literally scared for my coke and weed when the cops were after me when I had it in my possession lol.gif

Art imitates life? ph34r.gif

Zirvlok
  • Zirvlok

Reading and posting from my PS3

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

Being able to sell drugs would be a cool feature. I really hope you can do the drugs aswell. I want to walk around tripping on acid and seeing cars flying though the air and peds like 20 feet tall lol. That'd be great.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

The ability to sell drugs should definately be included but I doubt Rockstar would get away with having the ability to get high in GTA V, after all, they got enough stick for drink driving in IV

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 21:39)
The ability to sell drugs should definately be included but I doubt Rockstar would get away with having the ability to get high in GTA V, after all, they got enough stick for drink driving in IV

Well you could smoke weed and what-not in Saints Row and I don't think they ever got grief for it. (although they never have gotten the press that GTA has)

But on topic I think it would really be cool to be able to sell drugs (I never played Chinatown wars but the idea of it sounds incredible!)

TellEmRye
  • TellEmRye

Leader of Buncha Nutters

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

I always wanted a drug selling side mission, I think it would work brilliantly. In IV we could do taxi missions for Roman, & yes, drug dealing for Little Jacob but it wasn't anything like I would want in the next GTA. First of all, I want to be for your own characters benefit, not working for someone else as such, and you can actually walk around and deal to people on the street, watching out for cops, rival dealers and even rarely undercover cops.

I think as the game progressed, you could go from selling weed on the blocks to selling cocaine in the night clubs, this would work especially well if the game was set in Vice City.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (TellEmRye @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 21:46)
I always wanted a drug selling side mission, I think it would work brilliantly. In IV we could do taxi missions for Roman, & yes, drug dealing for Little Jacob but it wasn't anything like I would want in the next GTA. First of all, I want to be for your own characters benefit, not working for someone else as such, and you can actually walk around and deal to people on the street, watching out for cops, rival dealers and even rarely undercover cops.

I think as the game progressed, you could go from selling weed on the blocks to selling cocaine in the night clubs, this would work especially well if the game was set in Vice City.

I like the idea of a progression with drug dealing. The more drugs you sell the more contacts you gain to buy more expensive drugs etc.

TellEmRye
  • TellEmRye

Leader of Buncha Nutters

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 21:53)

I like the idea of a progression with drug dealing. The more drugs you sell the more contacts you gain to buy more expensive drugs etc.

Thanks, I do believe it would work very well, also you could then recruit people to deal drugs for you also so by the end your doing less & less of the hard work yourself while still making a steady income. Maybe their could be great rewards aside from money that would make people want to progress with this side missions.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:59 PM

I'm raised a Christian with beliefs along those lines, I don't swear off my music or gaming tastes too much, based on how I think people should conduct themselves in the REAL WORLD, there's a difference that related directly to making sure these are games for MATURE players, there's no reason young kids in development should have all this material in front of them, I know it may seem like that's taking the fun away from you, but my idea is to cater the style of GTA and RDR game making for those demographics, not making every vice part and parcel to the game, but allowing what the game is at the core to be re-visioned in a different way that is not based on crime and vice. Like the Simpsons driving game?!? It's gonna require some brain storming but I would deem it a worthy endeavor for Rockstar or other game developers, The elements that I like about GTA and RDR are univeral in the mechanics of the game design

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (TellEmRye @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 21:57)
QUOTE (OchyGTA @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 21:53)

Thanks, I do believe it would work very well, also you could then recruit people to deal drugs for you also so by the end your doing less & less of the hard work yourself while still making a steady income. Maybe their could be great rewards aside from money that would make people want to progress with this side missions.

Yh then you could launder the money through legit businesses.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

I don't know if anybody played "Scarface: The World is Yours" but it had a pretty good drugs buying and selling system. You'd go to an island (somewhere in the Florida keys IIRC) and then purchase kilo's of coke direct. You'd then have to transport the coke you bought to one of your warehouses via boat, and store it there. To sell it you would go to a warehouse which had a large amount of coke, and then choose a car to distribute it in. You then drove to all your businesses offloading it as quickly as you could before you were attacked.

Some aspects of it could work pretty well in GTA I think, I like the idea of buying a large amount of drugs from the source, then distributing it yourself on a large scale. Dealing on the corner could be fun, but ultimately you want a multi-million dollar business in which you control a large amount of the cities inflow of drugs.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:20 PM

Speaking personally about the gaming aspect, my favorite so far in GTA perhaps, the IceCream deliveries you made in Vice City, no mention here of that, and it's one of the funnest I can think of right off the bat

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 22:20)
Speaking personally about the gaming aspect, my favorite so far in GTA perhaps, the IceCream deliveries you made in Vice City, no mention here of that, and it's one of the funnest I can think of right off the bat

Haha, I remember that but in hindsight it was a bit ridiculous

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

I think that's what makes it fun, it's a simple gaming device ^ Cherry Poppers is just tongue in Cheek of course

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 22:26)
I think that's what makes it fun, it's a simple gaming device ^ Cherry Poppers is just tongue in Cheek of course

Of course but it all depends on whether Rockstar go for realism or the crazy stuff we have seen in previous installments

TellEmRye
  • TellEmRye

Leader of Buncha Nutters

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 22:18)
I don't know if anybody played "Scarface: The World is Yours" but it had a pretty good drugs buying and selling system. You'd go to an island (somewhere in the Florida keys IIRC) and then purchase kilo's of coke direct. You'd then have to transport the coke you bought to one of your warehouses via boat, and store it there. To sell it you would go to a warehouse which had a large amount of coke, and then choose a car to distribute it in. You then drove to all your businesses offloading it as quickly as you could before you were attacked.

Some aspects of it could work pretty well in GTA I think, I like the idea of buying a large amount of drugs from the source, then distributing it yourself on a large scale. Dealing on the corner could be fun, but ultimately you want a multi-million dollar business in which you control a large amount of the cities inflow of drugs.

My thoughts exactly, start on the corner, end up a multi-million dollar drug dealer, controlling most of the city, would bring back that 'all powerful' feeling that was lacking in IV, at some point in the next GTA, I want to feel as if I run the city, just like in Vice City.

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

I'm the voice of the people, like Moses, only keepin it real

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

I like the idea of it to an extent. I, personally, like it when the protagonist is a genuinely good guy that's trying to get his life together. I think there should be an option to get high and/or get drunk in the game, but to take heavy drugs? Parents would be all over that. I think you should do missions for somebody and occasionally he;ll call you to do drug dealing side-missions. I think the best way to please everybody in this, is one of those missions where you choose to kill one person or the other. You could simultaneously do missions for a drug lord and a cop. The cop wants the drug lord taken down and the drug lord fears the cop is onto him and wants you to take him out. Then you choose between which ones you want Kind of like Bllod Brothers and The Holland Play in IV That way if you want to be a "good guy" (by GTA standards) you can. If not then deal all the drugs you want.

Kwandilibro
  • Kwandilibro

Be eye itch.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Stop being a bunch of pussies R*. If we can kill people, we can smoke a blunt, and we can move some keys. GTA characters are full of sh*t. Always in some search for money, and the drugs, the one thing that will bring major cash, they don't want it. Grove Street should have been all over that crack. So what if it f*cks up up hood, I' still getting paid.

Man up R*.

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (Kwandilibro @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 23:00)
Stop being a bunch of pussies R*. If we can kill people, we can smoke a blunt, and we can move some keys. GTA characters are full of sh*t. Always in some search for money, and the drugs, the one thing that will bring major cash, they don't want it. Grove Street should have been all over that crack. So what if it f*cks up up hood, I' still getting paid.

Man up R*.

Because the crack was tearing up the Grove Street Family. To me, I wouldn't mind drugs in the GTA series, but that would make it really similar to Saints Row. If you're just dealing, that's fine. But being a drug lord? That's kind of what you turn into in Saints Row 2. I want both series to stay as unique as possible. I don't want to play GTA and say "This is a less customizable Saints Row" and I don't want to play Saints Row and say "This is a less realistic GTA".

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (bucsfan @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 23:12)

Man up R*.

Because the crack was tearing up the Grove Street Family. To me, I wouldn't mind drugs in the GTA series, but that would make it really similar to Saints Row. If you're just dealing, that's fine. But being a drug lord? That's kind of what you turn into in Saints Row 2. I want both series to stay as unique as possible. I don't want to play GTA and say "This is a less customizable Saints Row" and I don't want to play Saints Row and say "This is a less realistic GTA".

I played and completed SR2, and IIRC drugs wasn't even that much a part of it, the main theme was about rebuilding your gang and reclaiming territory, namely from Ultor. Besides, drugs are used in so many things if R* were to incorporate drugs into GTA it would in no way whatsoever be copying off SR. Really it's not like a certain developer has a patent on an idea, and then no other developers can use it.

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 23:21)

Man up R*.

I played and completed SR2, and IIRC drugs wasn't even that much a part of it, the main theme was about rebuilding your gang and reclaiming territory, namely from Ultor. Besides, drugs are used in so many things if R* were to incorporate drugs into GTA it would in no way whatsoever be copying off SR. Really it's not like a certain developer has a patent on an idea, and then no other developers can use it.

In the Samedi storyline it was.

Zirvlok
  • Zirvlok

Reading and posting from my PS3

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 21:59)
I'm raised a Christian with beliefs along those lines, I don't swear off my music or gaming tastes too much, based on how I think people should conduct themselves in the REAL WORLD, there's a difference that related directly to making sure these are games for MATURE players, there's no reason young kids in development should have all this material in front of them, I know it may seem like that's taking the fun away from you, but my idea is to cater the style of GTA and RDR game making for those demographics, not making every vice part and parcel to the game, but allowing what the game is at the core to be re-visioned in a different way that is not based on crime and vice. Like the Simpsons driving game?!? It's gonna require some brain storming but I would deem it a worthy endeavor for Rockstar or other game developers, The elements that I like about GTA and RDR are univeral in the mechanics of the game design

I apologize if I read this wrong, but are you saying you want GTA to be redesigned with the mature content cut out because of your religion?

Silentype
  • Silentype

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:12 AM Edited by Silentype, 25 July 2011 - 01:03 AM.

QUOTE (bucsfan @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 23:48)

Man up R*.

It's drugs, and gta,(& saints row) are games based around crime, so frankly it would be pretty fu*ckin stupid not to have them in the game, and your comments about being a drug lord and comparisons to saints row are really dumb considering the fact that both games deal with similar themes and whatnot(yet retain an individual vibe), not to mention the fact that saints row(and some other open world games.) are considered gta clones. So I must ask wtf are you talking about?

Btw your comment you made about gta being a less customizable sr and etc. is just about the truth, ironically.(who would've thought 2 different games dealing with the same type of material would somewhat resemble each other, go figure.)

100% in agreement with you Kwandilibro.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

I would love this feature. More things to to do the better. More replay value.

I can see Rockstar taking it to an even deeper level than Chinatown Wars.

Nicole
  • Nicole

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

I like the idea, I am currently trying to beat CTW (iPod version, it's cheap and it's the same thing tounge.gif ) and I really do like the drug mini game. We could like store them in like the trunk's of our vehicle's and sh*t, and like stand on corner's waiting for people to buy.

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Silentype @ Monday, Jul 25 2011, 00:12)
QUOTE (bucsfan @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 23:48)

Man up R*.

It's drugs, and gta,(& saints row) are games based around crime, so frankly it would be pretty fu*ckin stupid not to have them in the game, and your comments about being a drug lord and comparisons to saints row are really dumb considering the fact that both games deal with similar themes and whatnot(yet retain an individual vibe), not to mention the fact that saints row(and some other open world games.) are considered gta clones. So I must ask wtf are you talking about?

Btw your comment you made about gta being a less customizable sr and etc. is just about the truth, ironically.(who would've thought 2 different games dealing with the same type of material would somewhat resemble each other, go figure.)

100% in agreement with you Kwandilibro.

Sorry, did I do something to offend you? I gave my opinion and I get shot down for it? A simple, "no here's what I think" would have sufficed. Funny how a computer makes people think that they can go on and disrespect other people and their opinions.

All I said was I think they should give you the opportunity to do something good or bad in the game. It's not like I want them to make the game E-rated, but give people a choice to be a ruthless criminal or someone just trying to make life easy but keeps hitting snags. That's what I like about GTA. I'd like it to be something similar to Red Dead, if you do the ruthless things, you become ruthless, if you try to do the right things, you get honor. You're by no means a hero, but you're trying to do the right things to get your life back on track.

Also, in Saints Row, you are all bad. There is no good side to anybody in the game. You have no morales and will do anything just to cause destruction in the world. In GTA, your character has morales. They do everything for a reason (at least in the later titles). They have morales. So that's what makes them different.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users