» «
Photo

Resident Evil 6

196 replies to this topic
AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:14 PM Edited by AreXi, 27 January 2012 - 10:37 AM.

user posted image

The image itself shows an on-screen logo for Resident Evil 6 with the date 15-9-2011 underneath.† The posterís thread reads as follows:

today I was invited to the Capcom closed door press conference at San Diego Comic-con and they showed us some presentations about details on upcoming Capcom games and other stuff like about their marketing and other but the most interesting thing is that they confirmed and showed us Resident Evil 6 logo. they didnt give out any details about he game but said more updates about it will be given this TGS September 15Tth. we were not allowed to record video or even take photos during the conference but i managed to take a photo without anyone noticing

This yearís Tokyo Game Show will take place on September 15, so itís highly likely that weíll get a proper reveal at that time.† Mind you, since Capcom has yet to confirm the validity of this information, treat this news as rumor, though it wouldnít come as much of a surprise if it were true.

Source: Playstation Lifestyle

Not much is known, but loads of speculation is going on.

Even though Albert Wesker was killed in Resident Evil 5, it was revealed that he was a part of a genetic experiment, where Ozwell E. Spencer would abduct hundreds of children with superior intellectual capabilities in order to create a super human race. It was also revealed that only two of these experiments survived, first being Albert himself, and the other being a Alex Wesker. With Alex being the only "loyal child" at Ozwell's side (from Ozwell's point of view), Alex was conducting experiments at the South Seas in an island in order to secure immortality for Spencer, but Alex betrayed him and escaped with the results.

So, Alex Wesker, the new antagonist. Right?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

Meh, Resident Evil was better on PSX.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 20:42)

Agreed. Just bought Resident Evil 2 from an internet auction earlier today, somehow having lost my original copy. Resident Evil 2 is the best Resident Evil there is, hands down.

The storyline has been ridiculous since the first game, and it's just gone more ludicrous as years passed by, but I'm still waiting to see what they can come up with Resident Evil 6.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

Fingers crossed a hark back to the good old days, but I doubt it. They don't make games like they used to confused.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 20:50)
Fingers crossed a hark back to the good old days, but I doubt it. They don't make games like they used to confused.gif

It's just sad, really...

They've said they are going to change the gameplay mechanics again. Not sure what to think about that.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

It'll be yet another 3rd person shooter then.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:12 PM

I think RE4 was the best RE. If they stick with the same formula this time I will love it. If they make another shooter like they did with RE5, I will gladly skip it.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, thanks for not using spoiler tags.

Stoatz
  • Stoatz

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

Gotta milk it while they can eh?

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 21:46)

Oh crap! I'm sorry, I didn't really think that there is someone who still hasn't played RE5 who wants to. Added some tags, hopefully no more damage was done.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Boss

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

I loved the old Resident Evil games so I'am a big Resident Evil fan. I'm excited for this.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

Yes, I knew it, that it will be announced this year ..... cant wait to see the Trailer, or some gameplay footage.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

Group: Leone Mafia Family

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:29 AM

f*ck you Capcom

any Megaman fans out there know why.

In either case, f*ck Capcom as a a whole. All/90% of their titles are outsourced, and they are sequels to sequels of sequels of sequels of sequels.

HOW 'BOUT SOME NEW IP'S THAT DON'T SUCK.

I'm just angry right now guiz. sad.gif Plus, this series is DONE. They are metaphorically trying to squeeze out any remaining pints of milk from the now deceased cow that is Resident Evil.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 06:27)

Oh crap! I'm sorry, I didn't really think that there is someone who still hasn't played RE5 who wants to. Added some tags, hopefully no more damage was done.

No biggie mate, just I've been meaning to pick RE5 up for some time now but another game always gets in my way.

You could see it as milking the series, or you could just see that it's another great selling game series, so why stop it now? They're not exactly releasing these once a year or anything, so I see no problem in this. Just need some more information on it.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:38 AM

Sounds interesting, I do hope they work on the game play mechanics, and work in some Horror Survival make into it, albeit without the old Isometric or whatever it's called view from the old games, so basically some shooter mechanics mixed in with some Survival horror would work for me.

Though they do seem to be trying to go back with more horror again, though Iím not going to fully believe it until I see it.

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 08:20)
QUOTE (AreXi @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 06:27)

No biggie mate, just I've been meaning to pick RE5 up for some time now but another game always gets in my way.

You could see it as milking the series, or you could just see that it's another great selling game series, so why stop it now? They're not exactly releasing these once a year or anything, so I see no problem in this. Just need some more information on it.

I mean, during the PSX era Raccoon City was all the rage.

But with RE4, people were at a loss. It's a damn good game, but is it an RE game? Should reinvention be applauded, or should it be labeled something else since it doesn't stick true to the series roots?

Ever since RE4, the fanbase has been splintered. I'll admit, I haven't even played RE5, but I know enough to be aware that many people don't consider these RE games anymore.

Then there's the plot. After Raccoon City, the only semblance of RE was, ''oh, hey, it has Leon Wesker and Ada so there''.

It's like some sort of identity crisis it's having. Make another one, but call it something else.

I have the same gripe with Bioshock Infinite. This isn't Final Fantasy, people. Bioshock is a concise series that ended with 2. Not many different games that have a similar title.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

i'm suprise that people keep complain about this.
where some games is great,keep making a sequel to a sequel,they complain that this game is too old and need to be change
and then where some games that had been changed,they complain that the game should stick with the old way.
even if CAPCOM keep milking RE take place in Racoon City and stick with kicking zombie ass,i'm sure people will complain that CAPCOM should change that.
RE4 was a revolution of "over the shoulder" game.even though there is no such a zombie but hey,Granado is a good idea doesn't it? and then the game is "Resident Evil",not "Resident Zombie". so i think what they did to this series is a good way.well let's say that they are milking,but the story and series itself was good so far,and then we can see somehing new.
no matter how it's a similar title or not.it's the great way to make the story become rich. and then there are some series with great story end up with a few titles,people complain that they should make a similar title whatsthat.gif

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Sunday, Jul 24 2011, 23:31)
i'm suprise that people keep complain about this.
where some games is great,keep making a sequel to a sequel,they complain that this game is too old and need to be change
and then where some games that had been changed,they complain that the game should stick with the old way.
even if CAPCOM keep milking RE take place in Racoon City and stick with kicking zombie ass,i'm sure people will complain that CAPCOM should change that.

Your English may be bad, but I agree fully with what you said.

You summarized the conundrum concisely (kinda).

I think some series just need to run their course, quite frankly. Story-wise, Street Fighter IV should be the last one. Or at the very least, the last one as we know it. SFIII was supposed to be a ''new generation'' of fighters, but it ended up-aww f*ck it. That's another topic.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

Out of all RE games I'm looking forward to RE4 HD the most. I might even get a PS3 for it. What the f*ck does that tell you about Capcom? Those idiots can only make one good game in every franchise in a 10 year period. They revolutionized the genre with RE4, and every RE since then was sh*t. And I think RE4 was scarier than any previous RE game. It was also more diverse (levels, enemies, boss fights). It had a great inventory and upgrade system. Not being able to move while shooting was a great addition as well. Everything about RE4 gameplay was innovative. And what did they do for RE5? They f*cked up everything that made RE4 stand out as one of the best games of our generation.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:06 AM Edited by badboy_zay, 25 July 2011 - 10:09 AM.

well,any series has an end.so they will try milking as long as possible.however as long as both gameplay and story are working together in great way.it's a great game and the way they milking it is a genius way.
RE5 is the same sh*t with RE4 but i'm suprise graphic was well crafted and the story too (more suprise to me that all the cutscene in game were not CG wow.gif ).gameplay has been improve a lot but hey,it doesn't wrong if there is another RE4 where back in the day we have 4-5 RE game with it "classic" gameplay
even though Operation Racoon City sound like a joke to me and the story could ruin the story of the series itself but i can see a new gameplay they put in there, so i should give it a try.
however as long as the gameplay great but story suck,or reverse,CAPCOM have did the wrong thing.
talk about Street Fighter,that game is "out of milk" already but they keep milking it. seem many people still like it but i don't.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (AreXi @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 13:44)
QUOTE (bammargera @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 20:42)

Agreed. Just bought Resident Evil 2 from an internet auction earlier today, somehow having lost my original copy. Resident Evil 2 is the best Resident Evil there is, hands down.

The storyline has been ridiculous since the first game, and it's just gone more ludicrous as years passed by, but I'm still waiting to see what they can come up with Resident Evil 6.

Everything about this post is true. RE2 FTW

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

Logo looks like poop, I mean it would have looked way better if they requested it at the GFX Requests section.
Anyway it looks a bit old school which is not bad.

In my opinion the first 3 games used to be way better because everything was perfectly fitting, (The big map that you could remember easily, The camera style, The inventory menu used to be good back in the day) etc....
After RE3 they kinda couldn't keep up the (originality), RE4\5 is just a 3rd person shooter with awful controls, Why would you keep the prehistoric controls if the game is not the same anymore ?

Plus RE miss a lot of fun aspects, The fact that it doesn't have ragdolls till now is kinda sad.

riquenunes
  • riquenunes

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Monday, Jul 25 2011, 19:57)
The fact that it doesn't have ragdolls till now is kinda sad.

WTF? Resident Evil 5 doesn't? wow.gif

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Monday, Jul 25 2011, 05:06)

talk about Street Fighter,that game is "out of milk" already but they keep milking it. seem many people still like it but i don't.

Fighting Games in general are about variety in fighters, new mechanics in the fighting system, and....well, not so much about the story itself.

But yeah, SF has run out of steam, story-wise. They rehashed the SagatxAdon plotline in SFIV, which makes NO f*ckING SENSE

Capcom always f*cks up their own storylines somehow

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Monday, Jul 25 2011, 17:57)
Plus RE miss a lot of fun aspects, The fact that it doesn't have ragdolls till now is kinda sad.

Not at all

Ragdolls are fun and everything, but they really aren't that big a deal. Just cause it doesnt have a novelty doesn't mean it's missing an important aspect.

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 04:36 PM Edited by Function-X-, 12 August 2011 - 07:11 AM.

QUOTE (H3NR1QU3 @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 05:41)
WTF? Resident Evil 5 doesn't? wow.gif

Thats right, And the dying animations aren't even good, In the matter of fact some of them is kinda SA style...

QUOTE (E.A.B. @ Tuesday, Jul 26 2011, 08:11)
Not at all

Ragdolls are fun and everything, but they really aren't that big a deal. Just cause it doesnt have a novelty doesn't mean it's missing an important aspect.

Well you are right, But it's a shame when Dead rising 2 have them, And the good old RE series doesn't...

And it's not the physics only, Theres many stuff that needs to be changed...

For example they made the players have this super ability to jump through a window from a high building and then land safely like a ninja, But you can't perform a melee move without shooting a zombie in the leg ? And you can't use the knife while moving ?

Theres many tiny stuff that makes the game unenjoyable (at least for me), And RE series was intended to have a (deep) story anyway, The last two sequels were just a mediocre zombie shooters, And since we have so many zombie shooters at the moment, I think they should bring back the fancy stories with the dialogue choices and the awesome soundtracks.

And the Save room !

E.A.B.
  • E.A.B.

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Function-X- @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 11:36)
And it's not the physics only, Theres many stuff that needs to be changed...

For example they made the players have this super ability to jump through a window from a high building and then land safely like a ninja, But you can't perform a melee move without shooting a zombie in the leg ? And you can't use the knife while moving ?

Those aren't faults of the game.

They are things you'd wish to see in the game. You, personally, I mean.

Just because I'd want Street Fighter IV to have weapons and fully animated cut scenes that last an hour each, doesn't mean the game is ''faulty'' or that it has fallen flat.

Similarly, just because Smash Bros. Brawl doesn't have Sephiroth and Bill O' Reilly doesn't mean the game is flawed. Those are personal wishes of yours that haven't been fulfilled.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

Sou .... it's the 15th September, and no news on Resident Evil 6 !?!?!? WTF ?!?!?

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

I was playing RE4 HD and it reminded me of how much I loved it.

Will RE6 continue with RE4's perfect blend of action and horror (unlike RE5's action only endeavors) or will it go the way of survival horror only?

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:36 AM

10 to 1 bets it's another CODwithzombieswhoarentevenzombies Wankfest.

God, I miss the old days of RE.

shinsta312
  • shinsta312

Sypher|INFINITE

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

user posted image

Photo leak on the RE6 logo and release date. Thoughts?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users