» «
Photo

From Dust

15 replies to this topic
oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:11 PM Edited by oldage, 29 July 2011 - 10:46 PM.

Oddly enough no topic for this yet?

PC: August 17th
Xbox 360: July 27th
Playstation 3: TBA

From Dust (formerly Project Dust) is an upcoming sandbox simulation game by French computer game designer Éric Chahi, mostly known for Another World, and is being developed by Ubisoft Montpellier. It is set to be released for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in Summer 2011. The game will be downloadable from Steam, Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network.

The game puts you in a god-like perspective and lets you control the elements on a simulated island and protect its inhabitants. The player will be able to spawn and move water, lava, sand and vegetation, allowing the player to model the world. The player will also be able to gain new powers by fighting off different natural disasters such as tsunamis.

Hey From Dust Fans! Thank you again for your patience and understanding. We answered a few of your bigger questions below:

Q: How many hours is the average single-player campaign?
A: 10-15 hours

Q: Is there an open sandbox mode?
A: No, but once you finish story-mode, you will be able to go back to all maps in their final state. Once you go back to a map, you will be able to manipulate it and save it as many times as you wish.
*EDIT - Just to clarify, there is no explicit sandbox mode, in the traditional sense. But, each level acts similar to a sandbox mode, in that you have the freedom to expand and create upon the existing terrain.

Q: When is the release date?
A: Summer 2011. We’d like to give you an exact date but a number of details have not been finalized. We will let you know as soon as the date is set.

will add more when I get time.

MagnAn
  • MagnAn

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Reminds me of Black & White, may need to keep an eye on this.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

Oh, i gotta get this. Looks really interesting.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Huh, thanks for reminding about this. I remember watching some gameplay of this on the 2010 E3 and thinking it looks f*cking awesome.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

Been waiting for it for over a year now.
Coming in 5 days eh?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

when is it coming for PS3? nervous.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 23:46)
when is it coming for PS3? nervous.gif

Playstation 3: TBA

TBA being the key acronym.

oldage
  • oldage

Boss

• Members

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Pre-purchase up http://store.steampo....com/app/33460/ along with a TF2 promo item.

Finally promo's being used right, Ubisoft did jack sh*t on advertisement for this game, and this will no doubt help the studio.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:10 PM

Played the trial yesterday and spent about an hour on it, which was pretty longer than i was expecting to get. It was pretty damn good and nice graphics for an arcade game, shame i haven't got the 1200 points in my account.

I was really getting into it and the volcano come a long and that's where the trial ended, gutted tounge.gif .

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=482872

Anyway, if this wasn't an arcade game i'd buy it right now. No points in my account either though.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Friday, Jul 29 2011, 22:37)
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=482872

Anyway, if this wasn't an arcade game i'd buy it right now. No points in my account either though.

buy it from steam then once its out

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

Just downloading now. Heard some mixed opinions of it, but when you've been following a game for months it's hard to convince yourself not to buy it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

This title just sneaked past everyone i recon! i just pretty much impulse brought it after finding it by chance on the marketplace and watching a video! I haven't played for long but this has some real charm and is worth checking out! the landscape is beautiful as well as the physics that have gone into it. Its a very simple concept but has been executed well as far as i cant tell, The camera has a few limitations and also according to reviews it gets a bit more frustrating in later parts of the game, but for a marketplace offering i would put this up there with the best of them.
have a look at some of these videos.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

It was a great game but Ubisoft really f*cked up the PC port, so bad that they even offered refunds so they know they did a sh*tty job.

Eric Chahi said he isn't planning on making From Dust 2 his next project, so I hope Ubisoft moves it to an inhouse team to develop because it has the potential to be another great game and I'm sure more people would love more of it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

Thats a shame what exactly was up with it? im on the xbox version! Its nice to be able to not worry too much about your village allthough an inhouse team i would imagine would make the interactions a bit more in depth if ever there was a from dust 2. but it seems enough of a challenge fending of mother nature without worrying about how much food your village has!

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

I stopped enjoying it after the game started throwing in crazy game mechanics. I guess I was more after a simple, relaxing game. Only passed a few levels before I lost interest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users