Halo: CE Anniversary

10 replies to this topic
Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

About time it gets its own topic.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (also referred to as Halo: Anniversary, or Halo: CEA) is a first-person shooter video game set in the Halo Universe and is a remake of 2001's Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo: CEA was announced at Microsoft's E3 2011 press conference, along with Halo 4.
343 Industries, in collaboration with Saber Interactive , plan on releasing Halo: CEA on November 15, 2011 - the 10th anniversary of the original title's launch. The game will feature 7 classic multiplayer maps, support for Xbox Live multiplayer matchmaking, a complete visual overhaul, achievements, terminals, other hidden easter egg goodies, and the ability to play Co-op campaign over Xbox Live. The campaign will run on the Saber3d engine , whereas multiplayer will be powered by the Reach engine. Unlike Halo 3: ODST , Halo: Anniversary will ship on one disc.

Some media:

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

Have to say I'm looking forward to it, the original had a certain atmosphere about it that I didn't feel in the sequels, I just hope they can recreate that. And if not, I guess it doesn't hurt to just play it with the original graphics.
Also, thanks for reminding me that I've had Reach for about 6 months and still haven't opened it.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

Just found, an example of the terminal easter eggs. Much better than just a bunch of text nobody understands like in the other Halos.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm with king here, I was an avid Halo fan up to Halo 2, but 3 and reach left something to be desired. Mainly halo 3, I just did not like that game, besides the kick ass theater system. A visual overhaul of the first one sounds like fun!

I know it has me interested.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

I'm really looking forward to this! After playing Reach I really wanted to play the original again since the beginning picks up right after Reach's ending. But the huge contrast in graphics killed the vibe for me. This has me so excited, I can't wait. biggrin.gif

Davo the Assassin
  • Davo the Assassin

Andolini Mafia Family - Blood is thicker than Water

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

The classic mode is such a neat touch. Really has come a long way graphically!

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Xboxless @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 05:32)
the kick ass theater system.

That's the best thing to ever happened for the Halo series. It's fun and easy to use, I wonder why other developers aren't considering this for their own games.

What I'm interested in is the co-op. Will we play as Chief clones again or what?

I can already see a Red VS Blue "WE'RE BACK IN TIME!" episode.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 13:15)

That's the best thing to ever happened for the Halo series. It's fun and easy to use, I wonder why other developers aren't considering this for their own games.

What I'm interested in is the co-op. Will we play as Chief clones again or what?

Haha. Speaking about RvB, season 9 launched some time ago for those who don't know.
Oh and here's an interview with Frank O' Connor. Looks like they're removing things like bloom in the TU for Reach due to CEA's multiplayer.
http://comic-con.gam...est;all;title;4

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

I loved the demo, it had so many players (on PC)
But I don't think it looks as gorgeous as it was intended to be remastered as.
Anyway, haven't played the full game but the demo was stunning and I loved the MP.

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 13:15)

Well, I could be wrong, but I heard that bungie or whatever patented it so the only way other companies could do something similar they would have to pay bungie. The only way COD:BLOPS did it was because they did it in a different way.

I could be wrong though.

cas-97
  • cas-97

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

im new to Halo but only one i aint played is Halo 2 but Halo 3 ODST was great with Firefight then i played the game that started all and amazing then now this remake cant wait!!! biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users