Photo

GTA: Dunsfold 2008 (Released 2011)

5 replies to this topic
X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:46 AM Edited by X-Seti, 22 July 2011 - 04:15 PM.

GTA: Dunsfold 2008 (Released 2011) - X-Seti (Mc-Kay)
----------------------------------------------------

Beta 0.05 - Dunsfold Aerodrome.

Nice little map where players can add their own lap times in various GTA vehicles.

This works well with online clients like MTA or VCO.

A little work is needed with the SCM and track layout.

Would this be better on SA?

Download http://www.ukscifi.n...foldBeta0.5.rar

Whats changed in VC:

1. New timecyc.dat file. (lighter day and darker night)
2. Waterpro.dat. no holes.
3. The map.
4. Rader map.
5. Optimized LODs.
6. Removed zones for now.

What has to be done.

1. Paths.
2. SCM.
3. Replay recording system.
4. Better menus
5. Way to store lap times.

To Install:

1. Remove read only from your installed GTA VC files.
2. Just copy the mod's files to your GTA root folder.

Thats it

Edit: I removed the images. I see that the ones on GTAG show here. Nice work STM!

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

Nice work man.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:00 AM

Another exelent map mod for Vice City from X-Seti. Nice work.

evil incognito
  • evil incognito

Lurking in the shadows

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

X-Seti, I'm working on a total conversion for SA called Race Islands. It's basically a mashup of realistic racetracks with a central city starting point and this would go really well with the others. Would it be ok if I convert it to SA and use it on my map? I'll credit you on the load screen, in the readme, and with a nice big sign at the entrance to the racetrack like the others cool.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro Modder

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (evil incognito @ Sunday, Sep 25 2011, 08:37)
X-Seti, I'm working on a total conversion for SA called Race Islands. It's basically a mashup of realistic racetracks with a central city starting point and this would go really well with the others. Would it be ok if I convert it to SA and use it on my map? I'll credit you on the load screen, in the readme, and with a nice big sign at the entrance to the racetrack like the others cool.gif

This is a very old track, I do have a newer version I am making for GTAVC, SA and GTAIV..

Your welcome to use this track but there are some errors in the layout...

I have fixed those since..

http://imageshack.us...0/topgearp.png/

I started working this on and off along with SOL, however I had a more realist track in SOL tounge.gif

evil incognito
  • evil incognito

Lurking in the shadows

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:58 AM Edited by evil incognito, 08 October 2011 - 08:40 AM.

Your welcome to use this track but there are some errors in the layout...

I have fixed those since.

Well I've gotten it all extracted and imported into my test game files, so far so good. I reworked the IDEs, IPLs and COLs and combined them into one file for each, and one IMG archive for the track. If I'm not mistaken you can still use COL 1 format for SA right? If so, I should be able to drive on it later tonight. Once I get it working how I want it, I'll probably put some higher res textures on it, convert the whole thing to COL3 and add a bunch of vegetation and detailing.

I just had a few modeling questions for you:
The track looks huge in Med, is it to scale?
Also, are there so many pieces because the map is just that big?
Lastly, is there something goofy with the Dunsfold(no #) and topgeartesttrack(1-16) dffs or cols? Med crashes when it tries to render them.

Otherwise it looks great so far though, you did a really nice job with it.

**EDIT**

Got it in the game and drove on it after converting all the col files to COL3 and making them all default material (the COL1->COL3 conversion left me with weird materials like "Door"). I also can't see it ingame yet, I still need to convert all the dffs to SA. Also, I figured out the problem I was having with the topgeartesttrack models, they reference textures that VC has but SA doesn't, so I'll have to figure out what's missing and add it to the custom txd for those. Progressing nicely so far!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users