Photo

Cool unused dialog in GTA III.

10 replies to this topic
ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

i seen in there something that maria said. and something else.
I know this has been discovered but i wanna show it:

In there i found what would appear after you got shot:
" BETRAYED BY HIS LOVER CATALINA AND LEFT FOR DEAD. CONVICTED AND SENTENCED, HE BEGINS HIS JOURNEY TO LIBERTY CITY PENITENTIARY. BUT ONLY ONE THOUGHT BURNS IN HIS CRIMINAL MIND......REVENGE!" I think this was removed because in portland beta there was a prison where sals house is in drafts. If this stayed it would make no since.

then some dialog between catalina and claude, which this looks like claude once had lines. Correct me though if im wrong:
CATALINA: " the real question is, did you turn up to rescue maria or to get me back? "
CLAUDE: " come on you dumb *itch! "
CATALINA: " Well i got news for you, shooting you will be a pleasure but dating you was only business."
CLAUDE OR CAT?: " you are muy peccinno amigo! "
CATALINA: " throw over the cash "
CATALINA: " You have been a busy boy!, but you havent learned, im not to be trusted. KILL THE IDIOT! "

Then later dialog at the end where maria and claude are walking on the dam:

MARIA: " I broke a nail and my hair is ruined! This one cost me fifty dollars!, i was so scared but then i thought to myself, your a big girl now. Oh we're going to have such fun, cause, you know, my sister said she wanted to come to stay with her two kids, because her husbands playing around again and... ( possible where gunshot would be ) "

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

It is old + not Claude.

Kweckzilber
  • Kweckzilber

• Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:50 AM Edited by Kweckzilber, 20 July 2011 - 07:45 AM.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 02:47)
It is old + not Claude.

I was about to say that. And mind you, Claude is mute.

EDIT: Mute doesn't mean have no voice. Just that he cannot use his vocal cords efficiently to communicate, or in other words, talk. He sure as hell can grunt and pant.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (Kweckzilber @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 02:50)
QUOTE (Filip454 @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 02:47)
It is old + not Claude.

I was about to say that. And mind you, Claude is mute.

Oh my god.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:40 AM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 20 July 2011 - 10:17 AM.

QUOTE (Kweckzilber @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 05:50)
And mind you, Claude is mute.

For another friggin' time, CLAUDE IS NOT MUTE!!! He is just silent.

He DOES have voice, as we can hear all those pants and grunts as he is hit or falls.

And those are not Claude's lines. Those are lines that were at first planned to be used by Catalina.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

I hate the discussion wether Claude is a mute or not. He doesn't speak, that's all you need to know. R* had some financial problems in the end, and they thought it would be too much work, so they just said 'hey, lets make him not speak, hell even players will feel like its them running around with guns, not someone else'

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 15:44)
I hate the discussion wether Claude is a mute or not. He doesn't speak, that's all you need to know. R* had some financial problems in the end, and they thought it would be too much work, so they just said 'hey, lets make him not speak, hell even players will feel like its them running around with guns, not someone else'

I doubt they did so. Maybe they left him silent to add some mystery charm around him... That's my guess, however.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 14:02)
QUOTE (lolleroz @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 15:44)

I doubt they did so. Maybe they left him silent to add some mystery charm around him... That's my guess, however.

It was stated by Rockstar that after almost all the percent of game was done, they started thinking about voice for the main character - but they realised there's not much of a point in spending money for voice actor, and more work such as adding new dialogues, when they can make him mystery character with no voice, making yourself feel like the main character.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Wednesday, Jul 20 2011, 17:19)
...but they realised there's not much of a point in spending money for voice actor, and more work such as adding new dialogues, when they can make him mystery character with no voice, making yourself feel like the main character.

And they did the right thing in the end, if you ask me - Claude is much more intriguing and maybe even more attractive when he keeps silent.

I'm sure that as soon as he talks, that mystery aura around him will break up...

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:33 PM

Agree with arsen there ^^, claude not having a voice presents this mystery and gives me the impression claude likes to keep thoughts to himself, claude wont hurt you unless you offend him but if you do then prepare to be sliced into 1000 pieces and your brain severed to a T. Did that make sense catspider.gif

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Of course it did, partner. Looking back I feel Rockstar did a good thing by having him silent. I cant think of anyone actually fitting the part anyway.

A job well done...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users