» «
Photo

Worst/Most Disapointing Titles of 2011

110 replies to this topic
Stoatz
  • Stoatz

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:25 AM Edited by Seddo, 16 July 2011 - 01:15 PM.

LA Noire- All around over-rated. The graphics aren't great, the story is linear, the missions are repetitive, the interrogations are too easy and have no huge consequence for failing and the ending was actually predictable and re-used from RDR but I felt sad with John's death not Cole's.

Brink- This game was just so repetitive and the missions were horrible.

SOCOM SF- Boring plot and gameplay.

What are your worst titles of 2011?

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Homefront - game looks like amateur mod on UDK.
TDU 2
VT4 (aka VT3 aka VT 2009) - nothing new.
Brink - simple online FPS, parkour element is weak.
Crysis 2 MP - console-type piece of sh*t.

Stoatz
  • Stoatz

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Another one, Littlebigplanet 2- Basically LBP1 with a new creator mode

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Not that I care too much, but you totally messed up your spoiler tags there, you missed out a / from the last set of brackets.... confused.gif

I disagree about LA Noire, I dont own the game, but for what it was, I thought it was excellent.

I've actually only bought one game in the last 7 months, and that was Black Ops, GTA is the only game I really enjoy playing, hence why I am posting on gtaforums !

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

La Noire doesn't suck, but i expected much more from it, the graphics you say weren't that great, i liked them, they were very clean sharp graphics, if you get me.

The story wasn't as captivating as i had hoped either.

perroGtA97
  • perroGtA97

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Dammit learn to use [spoiler] tags! I was going to play L.A. Noire because it's coming to PC, but no, some forum rat partially ruins my fun in both waiting and future playing.

Don't you ever re-check your posts?

But contributing wise I would say - Deathly Hallows (both parts) are just crap, is this Harry Potter or some shooter? I saw my sister playing and she was somewhat interested in and that made me feel crazy.

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

I actually liked most of the games people have posted as being disappointing, especially Brink, Socom and Homefront. But for me it's either TDU2 or LA Noire, not that LA Noire sucked it was just over too quickly.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

Modern Warfare 2.5

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:52 PM Edited by rdbx1234, 16 July 2011 - 05:57 PM.

TDU 2

Damn that eden and atari.

Why? It strays away from what original game was all about. Instead they added the sims in it and horrible physics along with no proper ffb, wheel support and a bunch of bugs.

Oh and the car list is sh*t, especially compared to TDU1. It has a smaller car list than the first game, then we got like 6 versions of the veyron in the game confused.gif but no cars like Nobles, Jaguar XJ220, F40, etc etc. Which were originally in the first game.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Fear 3, not a single scare in there. it was all just jump scares and MK9 did a better job at that than fear 3.

LA. Noire, it's a good game but the pacing was slow and it just felt like "rinse and repeat" gameplay.

Duke nukem, despite duke being in it, felt severly underwealming. plus there was THAT joke that I felt was a little out of character for duke.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

Duke Nukem Forever; it was good fun but I expected better from the Duke in the end. I still love him though.

Crysis 2; although I don't want to sound like an elitist dick, consoles really did limit this game. There was less overall detail, a linear feel, less use of PC technology etc. The graphics were good and got even better with the patches yet graphics can only do so much. After playing the first one earlier this year, I expected much from the sequel but only got disappointment.

Portal 2; the game was was so unbelievably good that mind mind refused to acknowledge its existence for several months, hence didn't experience it as well.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 10:52)
Homefront
TDU 2
Brink

Boom.

TDU2 is actually pretty good but the driving is so piss poor and now that the devs are all dead and we no longer get the free dlcs. I have disowned it, after playing it for 250+ hrs.

LA Noire and Portal 2, not so much dissapointing, but awards for the quickest time to be finished and binned, so in that respect, a pretty pointless purchase.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

TDU 2. It's a great game with excellent ideas. The scenery is lovely, huge maps etc but the driving let it down and it's a driving game so.. I hope they fix up the driving and cheesy voice acting. It was like the writing and voice acting was directed by some OAP that thought he could make something cool for the kids.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:33 PM

Not much to say to what game or games but Test Drive Unlimited 2 indeed.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Why Crysis 2?
On the consoles, ofcourse it's pretty much crap. What do you expect from consoles? moto_whistle.gif
That DirectX 11 Ultra Upgrade did it, that made it look amazing (if you ask me).

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Socom SF is a multiplayer game, essencially.
Saying the game is bad because of the campaign is a very poor judgement.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

I haven't really played a lot of games from this year, but of the ones I have, I'll go with Red Faction: Armageddon. Not that it wasn't fun, or a return to the linear story of the original games, I just think that Guerrilla completely changed the game for the good. And was hoping for some more free roam fun, like that game provided.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 19:58)
TDU 2. It's a great game with excellent ideas. The scenery is lovely, huge maps etc but the driving let it down and it's a driving game so.. I hope they fix up the driving and cheesy voice acting. It was like the writing and voice acting was directed by some OAP that thought he could make something cool for the kids.

You seem to like OAP's by the looks of your sig and ava. wink.gif

But yeah, apparently like 60% or so of eden got fired, including the entire customer services and dlc teams, therefore we will not get any more patches, and definitely not the long awaited free DLC with Dodge Charger and Lancia Stratos, which I so badly wanted. I still love the game, it has SPEED in the game like NONE other I have ever played, it almost spoils other games where it always seems you are going too slow. Excellent chillout game and the constant online free roam style MMO is awesome, apart from idiots leaving their mic near their tv, or dickheads crashing into you. But all that said, without a decent enough driving, or at least enough decent classic cars. After playing it hours daily, since I got it, I eventually stopped after learning I was never going to get the cars I wanted with the DLC. Biggest arse f*ck of the year. If you are going to sack all your staff, do it AFTER we get our free sh*t.

The game itself is EXACTLY what I want, and I love it, but lack of my favorite cars and pretty sh*tty driving, just made it fail. It is great for long distance cruising on a straight road, but it really isnt good for anything else, Off roading is fun but the physics of the game make it awful. Hitting objects sends you too far, jumps are very awkward and the car angles up instead of down when going off of bumps and it just sounds awful when you land and you lose control easily. It plays like driving a remote control car.

It may have been fun if more people bought it and played but they dont, so it sucks just that little bit more.

If one thing I have learnt from this year of games is that DO NOT buy a multiplayer orientated game unless you know for a fact people you know are going to buy it and play it. Brink was not even that bad, it just suffered from horrible lag and the lack of decent people on it. No point playing an MP only game, alone.

And dont get me started on Homefront, It is the most unoriginal game I have ever played, every stereotypical gaming piece of dialog and set piece, ever. Things games have done so many times, trying to make you care about some story that is so disposable. Not to mention it being basically just a COD clone which I hate in its own right, which makes it even worse. Such an awesome theme for a game, ruined by a corridor shooter universe. For the SP at least. MP tried to copy the Battlefield aspect and failed horribly. Giving everyone so many toys and gadgets, it was basically cluster bombs and explosions and spawn killing to the max with the 32 player games. On the smaller games of 16 players it was better, but then, no difference to any other game of its kind. Totally pointless game and had no need to be created. You are not missing ANYTHING, infact this game is so easily forgettable that it can easily be merged into any other game you can think of.

Oh and it reset my stats, I was at Level 25/50 in MP and it just reset my stats by nothing more than trying to join a friends game. I hear this has not even been fixed yet.

I wanted to send it back instantly after opening it, or snap the disc and sh*t on it.

Terrible Terrible game.

rdbx1234
  • rdbx1234

Cow-tippin Crack Baby

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:24 PM Edited by rdbx1234, 16 July 2011 - 11:27 PM.

They re-assigned a new community leader so and so and they just said recently (yet again somehow) that they just finished uploading the DLC1 patch again to the consoles and waiting for MS approval and that they will still provide future DLC packs.
http://forums.testdr...isplay.php?f=95

I wont hold my breath for it but I'll give it a year before I've finally lost complete hope for this game being fixed. It's funny because I was looking at some old leaked tdu2 concept screens before TDU2 was even announced and well:
user posted image
Oh look, body roll. Something non-existent in TDU2. confused.gif

That said it sounds like you would like TDU1, unfortunately it's a bit lacking on the player side from time to time in the day especially since the release of tdu2, but I guess you should expect that from a 6 year old game.. but it's miles better than tdu2.

and I know I should stop now but just to give people an idea how bad it is here's a list of features and brands that were in TDU1 but never made it to TDU2:
   Zooming the GPS during driving
    Manually change gears in automatic mode
    Find people by car class
    Adjustable seat position
    Speeding up a challenge preview
    Lisa's
    Drafting
    Eden Island ("E")
    Lamborghini
    Noble
    TVR
    Old Classic Cars
    Prototypes
    Working Pedals
    Proper Clutch
    Adjustable Motion Blur
    Adjustable Shake blur
    Manual clutch for any configuration
    Pause button
    Ignition Switch
    Big Burnouts
    Proper physics and proper wheel FFB support
    Automatic switching from stick to paddles depending on the car
    Adjustable head panning in cockpit view
    TrackIR
    Place bookmarks wherever you want
    Import Custom Music
    Big Rewards for Achievements; a House, Cars

nervous.gif

4 Bagger
  • 4 Bagger

Malapropos

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

L.A Noire
Homefront
Duke Nukem Forever (Expected it to be much better to be honest)
Even though it is not out yet, I'm going to add Saints Row 3 because I know that will be one of the worst games of all time...

2011 has been a disappointing year for games so far until Battlefield 3, GOW 3 and Modern Warfare 3 come out. Those are 3 to look forward to.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:04 AM Edited by finn4life, 17 July 2011 - 12:24 AM.

QUOTE (perroGtA97 @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 00:54)
Dammit learn to use [spoiler] tags! I was going to play L.A. Noire because it's coming to PC, but no, some forum rat partially ruins my fun in both waiting and future playing.

Don't you ever re-check your posts?

But contributing wise I would say - Deathly Hallows (both parts) are just crap, is this Harry Potter or some shooter? I saw my sister playing and she was somewhat interested in and that made me feel crazy.

Its not what unfolds, it is how i would still get the game even if i knew what happened at the end.
WHy do readers of harry potter still watch the movie?

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (4 Bagger @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 00:55)
Saints Row 3 because I know that will be one of the worst games of all time...

2011 has been a disappointing year for games so far until Battlefield 3, GOW 3 and Modern Warfare 3 come out.

Really? You're going to call SR3 the worst game ever and it hasn't even come out, then you go on to say MW3 is gonna be awesome?
That doesn't make any sense.

Supreme.
  • Supreme.

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:33 AM Edited by Supreme., 17 July 2011 - 12:37 AM.

Played so far:

Frozen Synapse
Portal 2
Shogun 2: Total War
Tiny Bang Story
Witcher 2

Besides the minor, none have been disappointing overall yawn.gif

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (Supreme. @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 11:03)
Played so far:

Frozen Synapse
Portal 2
Tiny Bang Story
Witcher 2

What? The Witcher 2 is disappointing?

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 00:11)
I disagree about LA Noire, I dont own the game, but for what it was, I thought it was excellent.

Judging from the LA Noire forums when it first came out far too many people expected it to be like GTA IV and RDR.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

Homefront-I didn't expect much since I'm not big on FPS games, but man, this thing sucked.

Duke Nukem Forever-It wasn't bad, and it was good for a laugh/a trip down memory lane, but the game play and visuals and everything seemed dated, 12 years to make this? really?

LA Noire-Good game, but overrated, and well some things where lacking, overall great concept. I didn't expect it to be like GTA or RDR but it lacked categories where I thought it would shine.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

My 360 bit the dust right before LA Noire came out but I'll try to give it a fair shake. Sounds like one of those releases that's a good concept that can be built upon though. For that matter, the first GTA was hardly an overnight smash hit.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 12:12)
QUOTE (Supreme. @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 11:03)
Played so far:

Frozen Synapse
Portal 2
Tiny Bang Story
Witcher 2

What? The Witcher 2 is disappointing?

I think he meant those were the games he has played this year, but none are disappointing.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:48 AM

none were really dissapointing other than RF armageddon and duke nukem
games i look forward to: BF3, MW3, dead island, SR3, bastion, LA noire PC

dov3434
  • dov3434

Gooner

• D1RTY12
  • Commonwealth

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Not many games have dissapointed me this year really, though there are two I can think of.

Crysis 2 - I guess I can't fully judge on this game since I've only played the multiplayer demo, which was good but it didn't wow me. What I've seen of it doesn't wow me either, of course the graphics and such are great, but I just feel that this game could have been more.

Duke Nukem Forever - Again, I haven't played the full game, but I think the demo is enough to get a sense of what this game's like (fairly long demo lol). I wasn't expecting it to be really great, but I thought it'd be a bit of fun and a good laugh, but sadly it's just a disappointment. It just feels so dated, it feels more like Half Life than anything else, but not even close to as good as Half Life. I would like to see a whole new Duke game though, from just one developer and in less than 12 f*cking years lol.gif .

I have to disagree with some people calling LA Noire a disappointment, sure the story is linear but name a game from Rockstar (I know it's Team Bondi but still) that's had a really open, non-linear story, certainly not GTA or RDR. Besides a linear story isn't always a bad thing, if it's a good story then it's still enjoyable and I found LA Noire's story to be pretty good smile.gif . I do have to agree that the missions are repetitive though, I know that can be said for lots of games but in LA Noire you really notice it.

I also have to disagree with the poster who called LBP2 a disappointment, yes it is very similar to LBP1 apart from new items and the improved create features, but the improved create mode is what makes this game SO MUCH BETTER. After all that's the basis of this game, the new create mode means it's easier to make levels, so more levels, more good levels, and a much huger variety of levels online. Seriously some of the online levels are amazing, wouldn't have even thought it was possible to do some of the things these guys do lol.gif .

Oh and on a final note, anyone who even dares to call Portal 2 a disappointment can go die in a hole wink.gif .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users