Photo

[IV]TrafficLoad

275 replies to this topic
DamageIncM
  • DamageIncM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (v3teran @ Wednesday, Aug 1 2012, 17:41)
Try this for starters....
im using a car pack and have everything on full,some car packs give you massive texture popup because of the amount of data that each car takes up,so i went with this pack which has great graphics but is not extreme.
http://www.youtube.c....ature=youtu.be

Also put this in your commandline.txt
-norestrictions
-nomemrestrict
-percentvidmem 100
-memrestrict 681574400
-memrestrict 629145600
-availablevidmem 4.0
-noprecache
-novblank

-novblank is no vsync but for some reason adding it here gives me better performance,without it i get popup,i just force vsync through inspector and it works great.....very wierd in the way this game works

These settings seems to work a bit for performance (and the popup-issue). At some point there's still quite some pop-up though, but more in the distance.

One thing is really weird; These settings introduce health-regeneration for both me (the player) and AI.
I see cops shooting offenders and they won't die. Then I tried shooting people attacking me and they won't stay down.

Why the heck is this happening when I've only changed these settings?...
There's literally nothing else that I have changed. I don't even use trainers or anything. Just car-mods and this TrafficLoad-script.

Seriously, I'm this close to forgetting getting any more use out of this messy game.

PS: How do I know which version of TrafficLoad I have? I've only downloaded it yesterday on the GTAMod-website, so I take it would be the last version right?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:51 PM

i love this traffic fix but the game crashes if you explode cars in traffic other then that i love it

medley
  • medley

I come from the Spion Kop

• Members

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:05 PM Edited by medley, 06 January 2013 - 02:15 PM.

fixed*

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

I wonder if somebody has taken a look at the code and improve on my worthless code.

Anyway, GTA IV is up and running on my laptop with iCEnhancer and somebody re-sparked my interest.

Aside from fixing the code again so it just works, and this time compiling it as release instead of Debug (hence the msvcr100d.dll errors, my apologies), any new wishes? Also if you have taken a look at the code, suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 01:53)
I wonder if somebody has taken a look at the code and improve on my worthless code.

Anyway, GTA IV is up and running on my laptop with iCEnhancer and somebody re-sparked my interest.

Aside from fixing the code again so it just works, and this time compiling it as release instead of Debug (hence the msvcr100d.dll errors, my apologies), any new wishes? Also if you have taken a look at the code, suggestions? I'm out of ideas.

OMG You're alive!
I thought you didn't get any interest anymore because of your laptoppycrappy one biggrin.gif
I think someone did a better one on GTA4-mods. I don't remember the name, chikmaru maybe? -shrugs-

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 01:53)

a perfected version of the traffic fix with no crashes if you explode cars and possibly no texture loading issues would be AWESOME

a ini that let's you set how rare cars are would be welcome too

and ofcourse EFLC support

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by ikt, 17 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

@iCE
My hardware is still crap, but oh god, your 2.1 looks so pretty. Even though the GT630M is worse than my HD4830, at least it has more VRAM and it can play on high textures easily - just the GPU intensive tasks are what makes it slow down.

I'll check the better traffic fix :> maybe I won't need to de-f*ck my own version if he's got a fully functional one.

@zzcool
EFLC should be supported. Just look up the filenames for the DLC cars and put them in. I'll think about a way to catagorize more rare cars, at this moment they have a 50% less hit rate, compared to other cars.

Allright. I found Anti Taxi Bug V1 and the bastard did not even get the source and recompile it, he just took one of my old versions and removed the config file even.

Oh, apparently Chikamru's version is the same too.

Why won't people at least recompile it before re-releasing it again under their name?

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Thursday, Jan 17 2013, 19:28)
@iCE
My hardware is still crap, but oh god, your 2.1 looks so pretty. Even though the GT630M is worse than my HD4830, at least it has more VRAM and it can play on high textures easily - just the GPU intensive tasks are what makes it slow down.

I'll check the better traffic fix :> maybe I won't need to de-f*ck my own version if he's got a fully functional one.

@zzcool
EFLC should be supported. Just look up the filenames for the DLC cars and put them in. I'll think about a way to catagorize more rare cars, at this moment they have a 50% less hit rate, compared to other cars.

Allright. I found Anti Taxi Bug V1 and the bastard did not even get the source and recompile it, he just took one of my old versions and removed the config file even.

Oh, apparently Chikamru's version is the same too.

Why won't people at least recompile it before re-releasing it again under their name?

what about crashing when you explode cars and texture loading issues?

location based spawning would be nice too you see one car once at one place

erfmasn
  • erfmasn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by erfmasn, 29 January 2013 - 07:06 PM.

Does anyone know why when I try to change the density of pedestrians/traffic using the config file, it always just completely eliminates all of them. I drive around on empty streets no matter what I set it to.

NeffSekk
  • NeffSekk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Does anyone know why when I try to change the density of pedestrians/traffic using the config file, it always just completely eliminates all of them. I drive around on empty streets no matter what I set it to.

I'm experiencing the same issue!!! confused.gif
I thought the mod is capable of regulating/reducing the cycle size as well! I'm a noob
so bare with me please, though i'm not an idiot when it comes to handling simple drag and
drop with files with the correct versions biggrin.gif

I'm also experiencing some really abscure ctd's. It's pretty difficult to know when one will hit,
completely random, i guess confused.gif

user posted image

'[WARN] [TrafficLoad] Thread instance is being deleted while still hooked'

I'm using latest 1.0.7.0 with 0.5.1 script. It's a pretty cool mod no less. It's just those random ctd's man!!
---->>Also, i'f there is anything that i am doing wrong, kindly let me know.

rifqi999
  • rifqi999

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

hey i get texture problem in gta eflc

i added a car pack,,,a traffic,,,and some car mods

and the texture is always missing can somebody helpme???

my laptop spec:
-intel core i5
-8gb ram
-nvidia geforce 610 2gb ddr3

DaRkMiLlEnIuM
  • DaRkMiLlEnIuM

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (NeffSekk @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 00:50)

I'm experiencing the same issue!!! confused.gif
I thought the mod is capable of regulating/reducing the cycle size as well! I'm a noob
so bare with me please, though i'm not an idiot when it comes to handling simple drag and
drop with files with the correct versions biggrin.gif

I'm also experiencing some really abscure ctd's. It's pretty difficult to know when one will hit,
completely random, i guess confused.gif

user posted image

'[WARN] [TrafficLoad] Thread instance is being deleted while still hooked'

I'm using latest 1.0.7.0 with 0.5.1 script. It's a pretty cool mod no less. It's just those random ctd's man!!
---->>Also, i'f there is anything that i am doing wrong, kindly let me know.

I just noticed the log and I too have this issue. The crashes are starting to get to me and I'm wondering how to fix?

philipe89
  • philipe89

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

when i use this fix my gta cant load textures of the city ;/
i have a core 2 quad 2.83 GHz, 4gb ddr3 1060 and my gpu is a GeForce 250 GTS..
i think my pc is not enough to this traffic load

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

Sorry, I haven't been able to figure out where I did things wrongly. Anyhow, the source is in the first post so if somebody is kind enough to check it. You can consider I gave up on this fix. Plus GTA V is released in less than a year.

@philipe
It's mainly my fix, even people with very good hardware have problems.

112quin
  • 112quin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

I just downloaded this mod, because I really needed it after the game started loading all the same cars, however it's not working. I still have big rows of the same cars spawning on the Streets, the one i drive usually. I just copied the two files .asi and .ini to my main game directory, like with every mod, so what am i doing wrong? hope you guys can help!

Quin112

daftshadow
  • daftshadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

i've tried all the taxi bug/traffic mods i could find and although TrafficLoad is the best one it's just too buggy. Causing problems such as missing textures, hang ups during loading (forever loading loop), and crashes. in terms of spawning random cars it is the best one.

the alternative to TrafficLoad which i think is the best one is Chikamru's Real Traffic. so far in 10+ hours since installing the mod, i have not experienced any missing textures, crashes or hang ups during loading inbetween missions. it does a good job on spawning random cars but i'm not sure it is spawning all the custom cars that i replaced, which is about 90% of the original cars. my vehicles.img is ~360MB. it does get a tad laggy when there is a crap load of cars in an area because of the high polygon cars but setting the vehicle density 70-80% helps with better performance.

FuzeDzn
  • FuzeDzn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

Using this makes my textures not load sad.gif
Specs: AMD FX 6100 @ 4.3Ghz, XFX 7870 (2GB), 8GB 1600Mhz Ram...

Using this car pack: http://www.gta4-mods...k-v10-tb-f18911

Should i invest in another 8GB set of ram or is there something wrong like using that car pack?
I did try "Traffic Control System" as an alternative but that made me blue screen.

iliais347
  • iliais347

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

ok i have an nvidia geforce galaxy 580 gtx with 1.5 gigs of gddr5 vram. i have 8 gigs of ddr3 ram and 8150 fx 8 core cpu from amd and an m5a99x motherboard. i have a problem with trafic load. i have a car mod. i ahd disappearing textures (memory leak if im right.) and i installed msvcr100d.dll in the root and went inside of traficload.ini lowered the "carspercycle" from 20 to 15. it doesnt crash as fast as before but it still crashes. i lowered it to 10 but the mod said its not recommended lower than 15. what can i do to prevent the crash?

i love gta and i love modding it please help . thanx smile.gif smile.gif

KrakenFinder
  • KrakenFinder

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 16:03)
TrafficLoad

This is a simple traffic loading fix, for people who have modded cars and get the issue of always the same car appearing. It is also a welcome addition for people who wish to have more diverse traffic.

Installation
You will need an asi loader and aru's Scripthook, or something similar. Be sure you GTA IV can load .asi scripts. This script has been tested on 1.0.3.0 (with ScriptHook 0.4.0), 1.0.4.0 (ScriptHook 0.4.0) and 1.0.7.0 (with ScriptHook 0.5.1).
To install this mod, TrafficLoad.asi files in your GTA IV folder. Remove older or other versions! This version is the newest one. If the mod does not load, check ScriptHook.log for possible messages, or the lack thereof. If nothing is loaded, be sure to right click the file and check for any security measurements Windows Vista and Windows 7 apply. Remove those, they prevent the file from getting loaded.

How this mod works and further things you maybe would like to know
This fix randomly loads any car into the memory. After 26 car models are loaded it tells the game to mark ALL cars as unneeded if they exist. This causes the game to unload any cars which aren't on screen anymore. After that, it randomly loads 26 cars again. This process repeats the entire time the game is loaded. Each cycle takes roughly 30 seconds, but you won't notice anything. Just give the script some time to load, after 1 minute after loading a savegame traffic diversity is constant.
Busses and taxis however do not participate in the cycle. They always load no matter what has been chosen, they just load. Busses appear regulary and all taxi variants appear in a good mixture.
This way of loading offers far more diversity than older methods. Cars which aren't loaded normally appear in traffic. Sports cars load sparingly, but they all load. Even the Infernus and Comet load. You won't notice repeating cycles anymore consisting of 30 different cars, all 84 cars (excluding service cars and taxis) are loaded.

Have fun!
- ikt

If problems occur, please reply in this thread:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=481572
or reply in the download page of this mod GTA4-mods.com

You may freely host, rehost or distribute this mod. If you plan to host the mod, please leave this package as it is. The same thing applies when including this fix in your mod, leave this package as it is. Thank you!
All I ask now is just a mention of the original creator of this if you're using either the last build I made, or edited from the source. Thank you.

Download:
GTA4-mods.com
GTAGarage.com

Source:
Download
Please, if you're reasonable enough to, give some credit if you're releasing stuff based on this. Have fun tweaking it and give a heads up if it's perfect.

Notes:
- source is version with adaptive custom cars, you can use as many custom cars as you like.
Here is the configuration file, save it as trafficload.ini and place it in the same place as the compiled file.
CODE
[Options]     //multipliers in %
CustomDensity=0    //0 is false 1 is true
PedDensityMultiplier=400 //100 is default, 50 is half, 200 is double, etc. Value has no effect when CustomDensity is 0
CarDensityMultiplier=400 //same as peddensitymultiplier
CarsPerCycle=10    //10

[AddedCars] //refer to the readme for more info
Enable=0
Amount=2
1=ambulance
2=firetruk

I have a big problem the script works perfect but i can't use Trainer or Timetravel script

adamak97
  • adamak97

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

i got a mod car pack and i can only see the same cars... taxi, police and 1 type of another car, lots of them! i tried trafficload but idk how to.. help me! :panic:  :facedesk:  :cry:

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:55 AM

I've been trying to get this mod working for a long time now. I have vanilla game (patched of course)  with other asi mods. Traffic Load works well but keep on crashing the game after a while of playing. This happens randomly after 15 to 20 minutes of play. I have no popups, missing textures or crashing after car explosions tough. I'm hopeless now. I tried it work both with dsound and xliveless

TLFdjobaw
  • TLFdjobaw

What?

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

when I use traffic load, the game crashes after 30minutes playing

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

I've got exact problem. I noticed when spawn cars in purpose that after ech number of cars spawn the game crashes. Anyone have solution for this problem. As for me it is best mod ever for gta but unfortunately it is unstable and unplayable.

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:41 AM Edited by jpm1, 05 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

ok , after a small hardware upgrade seems the game runs bugs free with that script . with an i5 760 and a 2 Gi GC and my low sized cars i could play for more than one hour without any problem . but i have few questions

- does that script create a whole new traffic or does it just add cars to existing traffic . not sure i understood the doc file correctly . as only 15 added cars are loaded , i would like to know if there is a chance i'll see all my other added cars in traffic one day

- does that script affects only cars or boats and helis too . same i would like to know if my added boats/helis that are not selected in ini will spawn

- is there a way to prevent some cars models from being loaded

- does a car that has a 10 , 999 (in ide) spawning frequency will spawn lesser than one that has a 100 , 999 spawning frequency

zdanman
  • zdanman

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

This mod didn't work for me because it made textures start disappearing.  I have a 4GB GTX 770 so that shouldn't happen.

See this thread http://gtaforums.com...ssing-textures/

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:30 AM Edited by jpm1, 03 July 2014 - 06:31 AM.

it happens because you installed "hog" mods . i have all cars modded + around 30 cars added and the script runs like a charm . do not install > 4 Mo (wft + wtd) cars and it will be fine

@ ikt : that mod is great , but it has a small bug , it does not respect onlyduringofficehours flag . it's pretty weird to have busses and securicars at 3 AM

GTAIV2014-06-3007-59-25-30_zps6e06010f.j

bien.gif

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Still crash my game even if I don't have any car mods. I think I know why. When too much new car load to game memory GTA got CTD. When I roam fast around city in late hours game did not crash. But when I slowdown or park during rush hours it keep on crashing almost instantly. Odd and stupid. Is there any way around this? Anyone? I tried to get it working for years now.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Heads up - I rewrote the thing. It should be more stable, msvcr100d.dll is no problem any more (remove it) and adding DLC/custom cars to the traffic should be easier now.

Enjoy!

• Methical and Bondergomme like this

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

ikt, If so, you will be a Life saviour man. Where is download link? :p I lost all hope. None of traffic loads work well. Chikamru real traffic spawn only one pool of car. Traffic load spawn only define pool of car, and so on. Only Traffic Load works awesome. It does crash when there is to meny car spawned however.

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:20 PM

On GTA4-mods and GTAGarage. I updated the first post, so take a look at that.

It still causes disappearing textures if you have many high poly cars, so that's probably just a limitation of GTA IV itself. By default GTA IV only loads 8~ different models anyways, so try varying values from 30 to 8 to get a satisfying amount of car models without crashes (or disappearing textures). At 30 models, the game is rock solid using the original cars.
  • inter. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users