[IV]TrafficLoad

275 replies to this topic
inter.
  • inter.

#still_rollin

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

I got a problem, because i cant see buildings and roads. When i delete trafficload the problem disappears.

My PC:
AMD Phenom II X4 3.3GHZ
Asus GTX550Ti 1GB
8GB RAM

When i delete car mods problem disappears too.

desertfox11194
  • desertfox11194

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

Known problem with GTA IV and modded cars. Sometimes no matter how much ram and vram you've got, the textures still disappear. Count yourself lucky because some people have that problem with a fully unmodded game. You can try messing with commandlines, sometimes you can make it work.

ldfxf
  • ldfxf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:01 AM Edited by ldfxf, 28 February 2012 - 10:15 AM.

About more added cars. Here's a solution for you.
I made a DOS BATCH file to make them work. But at first you must know this is just a half way before ikt or anyone make an update for trafficload.

First, rename your trafficload.ini to 1.ini, and make copies for it, they are 2.ini, 3.ini, 4.ini, and 5.ini. Create a new folder named trafficload in your GTAIV folder. Then put these ini files into the folder.
After that, create a new txt file in your GTAIV folder. Edi it, copy and paste these:

CODE
DEL trafficload.ini
set /a n=%random%%%5+1
COPY \trafficload\%n%.ini trafficload.ini /y
@pause
LaunchGTAIV.exe

Rename it to LaunchGTAIV.bat and double click it.

This batch file would delete the trafficload.ini which is in the gtaiv folder, choose a random ini file from \trafficload folder, rename it to trafficload.ini, copy it to the root directory and run the game.
Each time you run this batch file the game would run with a random trafficload.ini.

Explanation for the batch file.
DEL trafficload.ini  //this means delete the ini file which you played last time.

set /a n=%random%%%5+1 //this means random pick 1 file from 5, if you have more than 60 added cars, you should change this number.

COPY \trafficload\%n%.ini trafficload.ini /y  //this means copy a random ini to the root and rename it to trafficload.ini

@pause
LaunchGTAIV.exe[/CODE]  //give you a break to see if it is correct (If it is not work you can edit the batch file anytime) and run "LaunchGTAIV.exe" to play the game.

Not the best way, but still can make more added cars work. suicidal.gif

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:06 PM Edited by jpm1, 18 April 2012 - 07:23 PM.

Hi , first i want to say that i've been searching for such mod since GTA III . GTA III traffic was well made but then it went worst and worst with time , being sacrified to the number of cars . well , i post cause the stuff loads and it's a great mod , but i can't play more than 15 min . first i have some textures loading problems , then after some time (generally 5-30 min) the game crashes , showing a popup "graphic memory full" . i've set cardensity on 6 which i think is very low , i have almost all vehicles replaced (no added) . all tested and perfectly working . i've a little i3 a 5770 1gig and 4gigas on W7 64 . i don't understand why i get that memory issue as the game uses only 1.2 Gig of memory . is it a GC problem . that mod is great and now i tested it i just can't go back . please help lol

in GTA IV (Steam version) folder :
dssound 1.0.2.0b
scriphook 0.5.1
msvcr100d.dll 10.021003.1
xliveless ? seems protection has been removed by GTA IV Vehicle Mod Installer tool ?

edit :
user posted image

first popup (yellow) comes first but it does not prevent from playing . then the second (red) generally 10-15 min later arrives and that one is mercyless (CTD)

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

I have no idea. Anyways, a new version is coming up and somebody already reported better performance and no texture problems.

Also unlimited additional vehicles. You're welcome ♥

nrv74
  • nrv74

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

awesome, waiting for it

rippi
  • rippi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

hello ikt, could you please also add this car to spawn around the city in trafficload :

ambulance, perennial2, feroci2, fbi, firetruk, noose, nstockade, polpatriot, pstockade, romero, and roman taxi.

thankss smile.gif

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (rippi @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 18:28)
hello ikt, could you please also add this car to spawn around the city in trafficload :

ambulance, perennial2, feroci2, fbi, firetruk, noose, nstockade, polpatriot, pstockade, romero, and roman taxi.

thankss smile.gif

Should be possible, but isn't that a bit unrealistic?

I'll try the Ambulance and Firetruck.

serka757
  • serka757

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:43 AM Edited by serka757, 18 May 2012 - 08:26 AM.

QUOTE (ikt @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 18:19)
QUOTE (rippi @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 18:28)

thankss smile.gif

Should be possible, but isn't that a bit unrealistic?

I'll try the Ambulance and Firetruck.

mercie_blink.gif Hi IKT! Any news (updates)? Did you fix the texture missing problem? Can't wait anymore mercie_blink.gif

Yozer34
  • Yozer34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:26 PM

Hey..

Thanks for the mod I love it!

I'm having a bit of a problem though.. Once I installed this Trafficload fix, things in front of me wouldn't load unless I come really close to them (sorta like really poor viewing distance, but worse). No fps drop whatsoever.. . just that loading objects problem. basically, it's like playing on the sky (the road ahead doesn't show up).

Please help!

thanks!

GIXXER
  • GIXXER

MOTORCYCLE LOVER

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (CrossMKD @ Wednesday, Aug 10 2011, 22:34)
ОK PEOPLE , i really need ure help now ! sad.gif
Im so scrwed ....

Having problem with GTA IV -> texture ...
I wanted to REPAIR the traffic so all the new cars that i replaced with the original from the game .. to be in the traffic, i sow this description of using a ASI LOADER,SCRIPHOOK,dsound.dll the mod worked(the traffic) but i have problem with the TEXTURE of the city,enviroment sad.gif

See this > http://i54.tinypic.com/rjides.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
My pc performance:

CPU : IntelŽ Core™2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz
RAM : 2GB
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
VGA : GeForce GT 240 [1gb] have DIRECTX11
VIDEO RAM : 1.7GB

Btw the game is patched with 1.0.7version , have GTA Trainer , commandline , xlive.dll / xlive.d.dll

ANy Solutions ? confused.gif

This is my youtube video for my problem see it

same problem here
l use vehicle density '1'
look my sign for system specs
where can l find a version with less traffic?

serka757
  • serka757

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:02 PM Edited by serka757, 25 May 2012 - 07:05 PM.

QUOTE (GIXXER @ Friday, May 25 2012, 14:10)
QUOTE (CrossMKD @ Wednesday, Aug 10 2011, 22:34)
ОK PEOPLE , i really need ure help now ! sad.gif
Im so scrwed ....

Having problem with GTA IV -> texture ...
I wanted to REPAIR the traffic so all the new cars that i replaced with the original from the game .. to be in the traffic, i sow this description of using a ASI LOADER,SCRIPHOOK,dsound.dll the mod worked(the traffic) but i have problem with the TEXTURE of the city,enviroment sad.gif    

See this > http://i54.tinypic.com/rjides.jpg
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
My pc performance:

CPU : IntelŽ Core™2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz
RAM : 2GB
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
VGA : GeForce GT 240 [1gb]  have DIRECTX11
VIDEO RAM : 1.7GB

Btw the game is patched with 1.0.7version , have GTA Trainer , commandline , xlive.dll / xlive.d.dll 

ANy Solutions ?  confused.gif

This is my youtube video for my problem see it  

same problem here
l use vehicle density '1'
look my sign for system specs
where can l find a version with less traffic?

Same problem.
I'm playing on Alienware M18x (Laptop)
CPU: Core i7 2960XM Extreme
RAM: 16 Gb 1600Mhz
Video: Dual GTX 580M 2Gb each (SLI Mode)

FPS is high, but textures are still missing, once I delete TRAFFICLOAD script - everything becoms OK!
So there's a problem in the script itself.

desertfox11194
  • desertfox11194

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

This problem is as old as the game itself. And for most people, it cannot be permanently fixed. There are some temporary fixes you can apply, but they usually lose their effectiveness over time. It's a problem with the .exe itself, it can't use memory efficiently. To spawn the cars, it can't render the map. To render the map, it can only spawn taxis.

serka757
  • serka757

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ Sunday, Apr 29 2012, 00:57)
I have no idea. Anyways, a new version is coming up and somebody already reported better performance and no texture problems.

Also unlimited additional vehicles. You're welcome ♥

Any news???

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Hi there.
I am using latest script hook and ASI loader (dsound). The newest v4 version of traffic loader won't load without file (added in older versions) named msvcr100d.dll (its something with Microsoft C++ redistributive). No xliveless because I want to have multilayer option on. In this configuration game is going to crash after few minutes. Randomly between 15 to 30 minutes. I have no mods installed. No problems with texture loading. Please help me with this issue, because it is the finest mod for random traffic spawn. I have installed others ,some of them was good but using script hook scripts, not ASI, causing no rain bug, others just didn't work as they should.

gtamodder1212
  • gtamodder1212

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 16:03)
TrafficLoad

This is a simple traffic loading fix, for people who have modded cars and get the issue of always the same car appearing. It is also a welcome addition for people who wish to have more diverse traffic.

Installation
You will need an asi loader and aru's Scripthook, or something similar. Be sure you GTA IV can load .asi scripts. This script has been tested on 1.0.3.0 (with ScriptHook 0.4.0), 1.0.4.0 (ScriptHook 0.4.0) and 1.0.7.0 (with ScriptHook 0.5.1).
To install this mod, TrafficLoad.asi files in your GTA IV folder. Remove older or other versions! This version is the newest one. If the mod does not load, check ScriptHook.log for possible messages, or the lack thereof. If nothing is loaded, be sure to right click the file and check for any security measurements Windows Vista and Windows 7 apply. Remove those, they prevent the file from getting loaded.

How this mod works and further things you maybe would like to know
This fix randomly loads any car into the memory. After 26 car models are loaded it tells the game to mark ALL cars as unneeded if they exist. This causes the game to unload any cars which aren't on screen anymore. After that, it randomly loads 26 cars again. This process repeats the entire time the game is loaded. Each cycle takes roughly 30 seconds, but you won't notice anything. Just give the script some time to load, after 1 minute after loading a savegame traffic diversity is constant.
Busses and taxis however do not participate in the cycle. They always load no matter what has been chosen, they just load. Busses appear regulary and all taxi variants appear in a good mixture.
This way of loading offers far more diversity than older methods. Cars which aren't loaded normally appear in traffic. Sports cars load sparingly, but they all load. Even the Infernus and Comet load. You won't notice repeating cycles anymore consisting of 30 different cars, all 84 cars (excluding service cars and taxis) are loaded.

Have fun!
- ikt

If problems occur, please reply in this thread:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=481572
or reply in the download page of this mod GTA4-mods.com

You may freely host, rehost or distribute this mod. If you plan to host the mod, please leave this package as it is. The same thing applies when including this fix in your mod, leave this package as it is. Thank you!

Source:

Download:
GTA4-mods.com
GTAGarage.com

I need Help using this mod i have:
GTAIV with patch 1.0.6.0

Trafficload
Trafficload.asi
Scripthook.dll version 0.5.0
scripthookDOTNET.asi

and it does NOT work any idea why:

do i need this (MSVCR100D.dll) in my gta 4 main directory?

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

In my case I had to put MSVCR100D.dll file in to GTA4 directory. My first asi mod that require that.

westsidebud
  • westsidebud

Descanter The Insalubrious

• Members

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

MSVCR100D.dll
means he coded this "Mod" and i call it that because
i don't consider this a fix at all, its a modification to attempt
over ride the problem and NOT fix the problem.

Based on that file name he used Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 to code a c++ .dll (c++ ver. 10)
and rather than compiling and sharing online a non beta build he shared the debug version
of his app, requiring everyone to have the c++ debug runtime to be installed.
Most people will already have the non beta c++ run time installed so it would be better
to distribute your files as non beta versions and unless your users are smart enough
and unless your shipping the symbols (.pdb) to your mod then the debug version has no advantage
(how many people that download is gonna even know how to debug your .dll ??? lol)
over the release build and yeah i'm assuming you have a release build because most likely you used
a sample script as your project base which included that build profile for you wink.gif

So i'm curious about this new version you mentioned..
Unlimited vehicles etc..
So did you find and FIX the problem or is this just more of a band aid on the problem ?

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Just like I thought. I don't mind problem with visual studio. I only wish this mod work without crashing the game. I would like to have any mod that give me lot of diversity of traffic. I am using standard vehicles not moded. Any suggestions?

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (westsidebud @ Saturday, Jun 23 2012, 18:02)
MSVCR100D.dll
means he coded this "Mod" and i call it that because
i don't consider this a fix at all, its a modification to attempt
over ride the problem and NOT fix the problem.

Based on that file name he used Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 to code a c++ .dll (c++ ver. 10)
and rather than compiling and sharing online a non beta build he shared the debug version
of his app, requiring everyone to have the c++ debug runtime to be installed.
Most people will already have the non beta c++ run time installed so it would be better
to distribute your files as non beta versions and unless your users are smart enough
and unless your shipping the symbols (.pdb) to your mod then the debug version has no advantage
(how many people that download is gonna even know how to debug your .dll ??? lol)
over the release build and yeah i'm assuming you have a release build because most likely you used
a sample script as your project base which included that build profile for you wink.gif

So i'm curious about this new version you mentioned..
Unlimited vehicles etc..
So did you find and FIX the problem or is this just more of a band aid on the problem ?

I'm aware of that but I stopped doing anything with it for a loooong time. Plus I haven't made backups to the source and now it's all f*cked up. So yeah, nope.

What I do is basically request the game to unload all unused vehicles and then to load random vehicles in the memory.

If someone is interested I could try finding the project again and give it to them for further development. Mind you, this isn't the October source, I last edited it in February or March. There've been lots of changes but none of them work out perfectly

Oh, I also kind of abandoned the GTA thing alltogether.

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thank you very much for this wonderful Tweak!
Is there any update news friend?

irie

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

None of them work if you ask me. Very unstable, it keep on crushing randomly after few minutes of gameplay. For me I just need random, more diversity (could be standard vehicles) traffic. Any ideas?

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

then what would be the best combination of trafficload?

Trigger_85
  • Trigger_85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (raggazam @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 20:17)

None. I think trafficload will not work properly at all. Hope some one will create mod/script that will work well at lest on vanilla gta4.

Jotov_Anibal
  • Jotov_Anibal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

I got better results putting the 'msvcr100d.dll' from chikamru's real traffic onto TrafficLoad.

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Jotov_Anibal @ Sunday, Jul 15 2012, 14:08)

I got better results putting the 'msvcr100d.dll' from chikamru's real traffic onto TrafficLoad.

I use the file 'msvcr100d.dll' I guess is the same for all solutions to traffic not?

Right now I'm using the Tweak of "chikamru's" But I still see the trees disappear to the passage of time.

The tweak of filelist.pak and magic.dat is valid for 1.0.4?

One Love

OTT ELITE
  • OTT ELITE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

Yo, i put it in my GTA4 folder but everytime i launch GTA 4 all i get is TAXI"S!!!!, i've checked everything to see if i did something wrong, nothing, and theres no tutorials online on how to do it, please help!!

bigboy19_07
  • bigboy19_07

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (OTT ELITE @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 03:40)
Yo, i put it in my GTA4 folder but everytime i launch GTA 4 all i get is TAXI"S!!!!, i've checked everything to see if i did something wrong, nothing, and theres no tutorials online on how to do it, please help!!

in order to make trafficload to work, you must have some files in gta 4 directory:
- xliveless 0.999b (xlive.dll)
- scripthook.dll (0.4.0 for patch 1.0.0.4 and 0.5.1 for patch 1.0.0.7)
- asiloader (dsound.dll)
- trafficload.ini and trafficload.asi
- msvcr100d.dll

raggazam
  • raggazam

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (bigboy19_07 @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 08:24)

in order to make trafficload to work, you must have some files in gta 4 directory:
- asiloader (dsound.dll)
- msvcr100d.dll

I have understood that the "dsound.dll" is only used if the game is original, maybe I'm confused.
And for the other versions xlive.

Driftking120
  • Driftking120

Madman

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (bigboy19_07 @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 08:24)

- asiloader (dsound.dll) -THIS IS BAD, DO NOT DO THIS, XLIVELESS DOES THIS FOR YOU
- msvcr100d.dll

I fully agree with you except for the part I highlighted in ORANGE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users