Photo

Liberty City Life: Xbox 360 Role-Play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic
the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:06 PM Edited by the Fonz 1127, 22 August 2011 - 01:34 AM.

user posted image

Liberty City Life: Xbox 360 Role-Play

Overview:

Who: the Fonz 1127 and other members of the LCL role-play community
What: A realistic life simulation and role play in GTA IV (Base game only).
When: Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at 9:00 PM (United States Eastern Time). See the time zone converter: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/
Platform: Xbox 360
-----------------------------------------------------------------

About us:

Liberty City Life offers an exciting and realistic Xbox Live role-play in team deathmatches in Grand Theft Auto IV (base game). We primarily focus on civilian life and the police department but we also include a variety of other aspects of Liberty City into our games such as scenarios or court trials. The civilians are innovative members who have careers and may establish small businesses or large companies. The police force seeks to reduce and prevent crime through patrolling the city in standard police vehicles. Other officers may be members of the elite NOOSE and FIB branches of the Liberty City Police Department. We incorporated a money system by which civilians and police officers alike get paid. There is something in Liberty City Life to match every gamer’s interest in order to produce a fun and realistic simulation.

What makes us a unique role-play?

• Our money system is not based off of “thin air money”. Players make money from actually interacting with other players. This makes it far more realistic. Fines and tickets for civilian misbehavior dissuade them from violating too many laws. Civilians lose money each time they die.
• We have a stock market system which enables the purchase and sale of stock and the formation of corporations.
• We have strict rules and only want role-players who are dedicated and mature. This ensures we are highly selective with finding people to play.
• At the time of this post, we have 40 regular role-players. All of whom are dedicated and enjoyable to play with. We are looking for new gamers who enjoy role-playing.
• We have been active for several months and know how to play. We have never missed or canceled a game. To this date, we are going strong. We have regular games three times a week.
• Our role-play is modified to not focus too much on one aspect of Liberty City. Nearly every area is incorporated so that new comers will be able to find almost anything to suit their tastes.
• We have experience in a wide variety of other role-plays which helps us balance out the games and make them more fun.
------------------------------
Schedule:
Monday: 9:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 PM
These times are in United States Eastern Time. Time zone converter: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/
Length: Games last 2-3 hours.

Settings:

Game: GTA IV (base game only)
Game type: Team deathmatch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information and Features:

Civilians:
The civilians make up the majority of the people in our role play games. They focus on making money and having careers. They are allowed to violate laws but if they do they will be fined by the Police Department.

LCPD:
During a typical 16 player game, roughly 6 of those players will be police officers. Whether or not they are simple patrol officers or advanced members of NOOSE or FIB teams varies. The main objective of the police is ensuring that the civilians do not violate any laws and the city remains as peaceful as possible. The main system of punishment is to submit tickets and fine unlawful civilians. IF civilians care about their money then this will be dissuade them from violating too many laws during the game.
Rank Structure:

-Commissioner
-Bureau Chief
-Captain
-Lieutenant
-Sergeant
-Senior Patrol Officer
-Patrol Officer

Tickets:
Hit n run: $300
Illegal weapon: $700
Striking officer’s vehicle: $500
Intent to kill: $1000
Fleeing from law: $ 1000
Insubordination: $250
Driving unlicensed vehicle: $1000
Resisting arrest: $900
Discharging firearm at officer: $2000

Money system:
All players are paid for having jobs. Of course, the amount varies significantly depending on your career and work ethic. Players lose money buy spending it on vehicles, property, weapons, fines from the police, and dying. Players may also buy services form other players, such as hiring a security guard or a lawyer. Money carries over after each game. Players are encouraged to keep track of their own money.

Vehicle License System:
Vehicles are broken down into separate licenses which are purchased. Civilians do not buy cars individually because it would impossible for them to always find the vehicle they own. Licenses are purchased form a car salesman located at the Grotti dealership in northern Algonquin.

License 1: $1,000
License 2: $10,000
License 3: $40,000
License 4: $100,000

Weapon License System:
Weapons are similarly broken down into separate classes. Civilians may purchase their weapons from the gun salesman located at the gun shop in southern Algonquin. Several weapons are illegal for civilian use to ensure that the police have an advantage during shoot outs.

License 1 ($1,000):
Bat
Knife
Pistol
License 2 ($5,000)
Combat Pistol
Micro-SMG
Pump Shotgun
License 3 ($10,000):
Combat Shotgun
Sniper Rifle
Assault Rifle
Police Only:
Carbine Rifle
Combat Sniper
SMG
Off Limits to everyone:
RPG
Grenade
Molotov

Stock Market:
• Any business can become a corporation and sell stock
• Because we must keep it rather simple, companies will only sell 100 shares.
• Shares are worth 1% of the company’s income. For example: if there is a company with an income of $100,000 then the price of one share will be $1000.
• Dividends will be paid by the game rather than annually or quarterly.
• The dividend will be 10% of the value of the share. For example: if you purchased a share of a company for $1000, then each game you make $100.

Scenarios:

After regular games, we typically have a scenario. Scenarios are meant to be a fun thing for everyone to engage in during games. Here are just a few of the scenarios we have done:

-Gangland: We break everyone up into separate Mafias and crime families. They compete for control over the city
-Hostage situation: The police must rescue a hostage from terrorists who have held out in a building
-Races: All the civilians (and sometimes police) will engage in a foot or vehicle race for a cash prize
-Demolition Derbies: All players compete in a demo derby for a cash prize.
-Presidential Motorcade: A selected civilian or cop is named a target. Terrorists must kill the target during a motorcade through the city.
-Military simulation: Everyone is broken into 2 or more teams. The teams act as separate militaries which battle each other in the city.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

What weapons may I use?

We have specific guidelines regarding what weapons are allowed in our games. No one is allowed to possess the following weapons: RPGs, grenades, or Molotov Cocktails. Disregarding this rule will result in an immediate removal from the game. If you accidently pick up one of these weapons you may hold it, but please don't start discharging your rockets into the sky. All other weapons are allowed.

When can I use weapons?

You are allowed to fire weapons. However, it is only legal if you are acting in self-defense. Illegal use of weapons will result in a suspension or revoking of your license and/ or an arrest. If the problem grows worse, it will result in a removal from the game. Note that there are exceptions to this rule. For example, we may be having an organized hostage crisis in which a penalty for shooting won't be administered.

What vehicles am I allowed to use?

Cars: Each individual is only permitted to use the cars within the license they have purchased or within their designated career. For example, a normal civilian is not allowed to drive a police cruiser. Violation of this rule will result in arrest by the police force. Depending on the severity or frequency of the situation, you may have your license suspended or revoked. If the situation grows worse, the offending individual will be kicked from the game.
Boats: Typically, no individual is permitted to use a boat. Any access to one must be approved of.
Helicopters: Only licensed pilots are allowed into helicopters. No one is allowed to fly an Annihilator (helicopter with guns) in any situation. Unauthorized use of a helicopter will warrant a warning. After that, kicking. Any use of Annihilators will result in immediate kicking.

How may I behave?

Vulgar, disruptive, or offensive behavior is not allowed. Swearing is permitted, however you are not allowed to use racial or ethnic slurs. You are not allowed to be disruptive (shouting, playing music, etc). You are not allowed to act disrespectfully and offensively to other players. Please act appropriately and maturely. These are widely up to your own judgment, but remember that we retain the right to remove you at any time.

Modding and glitching is not tolerated

Modding your console or game is not tolerated. If you have mods, you will be requested to not play with them on. If you are not cooperative, you will be kicked out of the game.
Glitching is not tolerated. You will be given one warning and then you will be kicked.

-----------------------------------------

How to Play (Civilians):

• Know all of the rules. If you do not know all of the rules, then you will not be allowed to play.
• Find a job and spend some of the game there. It is not required that you spend the entire game at your job but at least some of it to ensure you will at least be paid. When selecting your job it might be good if you picked something with some amount of interaction with other players so that you do not get bored.
• Think about the money: you will need it to buy vehicles and weapons, pay the rent (or mortgage), pay tickets or fines, and entertain yourself. Being motivated at your place of work or buying stock in other companies would be good tips to make more money.
• Make sure you follow traffic laws and so on. If you are pulled over by the police and given a ticket you will have to pay it and these can add up quickly. Many people find themselves losing most of their pay to speeding tickets.
• You are allowed to run from the police and mess around with them to some extent. However, if you make a habit out of refusing to pull over to the cops, you may find yourself kicked out. Essentially, the cops are not super humans and cannot handle people constantly violating every law in the book. Pace yourself to one or two incidents a game. Remember: there are other things for you to besides get into car chases.
• Avoid dying. If you die you will have to pay $2,000 in medical bills.
• If you dislike the behavior of others in the clan, were attacked, or wrongfully accused of a crime by the police DO NOT resort to violence. You may speak to the Fonz 1127 about another member's poor behavior. There are multiple solutions to problems you may have with other players.

How to Play (Police Officers):

• Before joining a game, be sure to know the rules.
• Drive the proper police cruiser (unless otherwise instructed). Given you are police officer; you must obey all of the laws that you are charged with enforcing.
• Pull over and/or pursue any civilian that is violating the law. DO NOT pull civilians over for very small things such as having a faulty tail light. You should be able to tell what an appropriate reason for making a pull over is. DO NOT stalk the civilians or go out of your way to aggravate them.
• When you pull someone over or have spotted an individual who is violating the law, contact dispatch and state the situation. Simply say your gamertag, location (general area will suffice), and what the violator is doing. Proceed to appropriately handle the situation.
• Make sure you are writing tickets so that anyone violating laws will actually lose money.
• There are several branches of the police force such as FIB and NOOSE. To join these you must be approved of by the police commissioner or the branch's respective leader. You are required to wear the correct uniform for your branch of service. Contact the police commissioner for information on the uniforms. The gamertag of the police commissioner is vIRL Randomx.
[/SIZE]

Application:
Answer the following questions in your response. Please read over the above information before applying.

Gamertag:
What will you contribute?

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

Ive played many roleplay's in my time,and this one takes the cake for keeping the high standards and focus.
The quality of this group speaks for itself,this clan is very strict about it's member's.If your the trigger happy
kid who wants to screw with the cops 24/7 then let me assure you,you will be removed and not allowed back in.
Fonz has kicked multiple people out and will not hesitate to kick more idiot's.This clan has been going on for over
two months and will continue to root out the bad,and bring in the good.It's up to the player to categorize themselves
as being one or the other.

giiinga niinja
  • giiinga niinja

Boyevik of Ivanov Family

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:11 PM

how many people are allowed in this ?

blacmetal
  • blacmetal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:23 PM

Gamertag: Xz Metal zX
Have you ever role-played before? Yes,I have been in a few role plays but sadly they went under.
What will you contribute? No drama,I'll listen and obey the rules and of course,Have fun with everyone else.

If its Okay i would like to post an App. for a friend.

Gamertag: Duckys Grundels
Have you ever role-played before? No,It will be his first.
What will you contribute?(in his words) I wont start trouble i'll be nice and learn all i can and obey the rules.

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (giiinga niinja @ Friday, Jul 15 2011, 19:11)
how many people are allowed in this ?

16 people can fit into a game at one time but we will take anyone who wants to play just as long as they are competent.

AmPLifyy x
  • AmPLifyy x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

AmPLifyy x
Yes/And vey serious to do it agian
I will contribute everything that has to be acknowledged and known about this type of role-playing and i will take it very seriously.

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

I have added you guys on xbl.

Killer199089
  • Killer199089

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

Application:
Answer the following questions in your response. Please read over the above information before applying.

Gamertag: Killer199089
Have you ever role-played before? Yes, I was in a few Very strict RP servers on GTA SA for pc so i know how to RP
What will you contribute? My effort to make this RP server/game a better one, a mature roleplayer who wont get bored and start shooting random people

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Killer199089 @ Thursday, Aug 11 2011, 02:20)
Application:

Gamertag: Killer199089
Have you ever role-played before? Yes, I was in a few Very strict RP servers on GTA SA for pc so i know how to RP
What will you contribute? My effort to make this RP server/game a better one, a mature roleplayer who wont get bored and start shooting random people

Thank you Killer. I have approved you and look forward to having you on board.

playersoflife
  • playersoflife

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:44 AM

Gamertag:ExoTic Zippo
Have you ever role-played before?yes i have roleplayed for 3 years
What will you contribute?i am an experiened law inforcement officer i have rped as the comminser in my current rp community i basically know everying police 10 codes and everything so hit me up.

joojoobob
  • joojoobob

xxW1T3YCH4Nxx

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:44 AM Edited by joojoobob, 16 August 2011 - 02:40 PM.

Gamertag:xxW1T3YCH4Nxx
Have you ever role-played before?no
What will you contribute?i am young but i promiss to be mature and will not cause drama.

SqU1ShTaStIC
  • SqU1ShTaStIC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

God i hope this is still going. biggrin.gif

Gamertag: SqU1ShTaStIC
Have you ever role-played before? no first time
What will you contribute? All that i can. Friendly coopretive and contribution to the community.

Hope you will give me a chance, this is my first time RPing at anything smile.gif

L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3
  • L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

yo this seems really interesting the only problem is, i have a role playing clan also but maybe ill sign up or maybe we can merge our clans together. if not, good luck with the clan. if you want to merge just contact me on xbox my Gamertag is the same as my name on here or you can contact me on my LC:RP page on here.

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

My sincere apologies everyone. I have been quite busy and have not been able to check these forums recently. I will grant each of you guys access to one of our games. If you do a good job then I will formally approve you. Thanks.

@L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3:

Yes, this is still going strong and we all are very dedicated to our RP. I would be very happy to have you in one of our games. However, I can't say I'm interested in any sort of merger. Thanks for the offer though. I will keep in touch.

L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3
  • L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:46 AM

Same here we are very strict also. We have been running for 3 years now n switched over to xbox recently. I understand why you are not interested in a merge. If you change your mind let me know on my thread if not i will be in touch also.

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3 @ Sunday, Aug 21 2011, 01:46)
Same here we are very strict also. We have been running for 3 years now n switched over to xbox recently. I understand why you are not interested in a merge. If you change your mind let me know on my thread if not i will be in touch also.

3 years, eh? I can't say we have been doing this for that long, but we're often described as a very stable and well managed RP. I can easily see it lasting for another 3 years.
--------
BTW, we recently changed our schedule: Fridays have been cut out and replaced with Monday. Games are still held at 9:00 PM (US Eastern Standard Time).

L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3
  • L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

ok well possibly i can come play in one of ur games one time or maybe u can play in one of mine. our RP system is kinda similar so if one of us joins the other's game once or twice it wont b too big of a difference.

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (playersoflife @ Friday, Aug 12 2011, 03:44)
Gamertag:ExoTic Zippo
Have you ever role-played before?yes i have roleplayed for 3 years
What will you contribute?i am an experiened law inforcement officer i have rped as the comminser in my current rp community i basically know everying police 10 codes and everything so hit me up.

@Playersoflife: Your gamertag is invalid.
@Legendary: Sounds good.

Marcus Pena 96
  • Marcus Pena 96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:38 AM Edited by Marcus Pena 96, 12 September 2011 - 11:04 PM.

sad.gif sorry i am in another one my bad guys

Marcus Pena 96
  • Marcus Pena 96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

hey guys with that legendary guy i am just going to say that he is a ok guy so if u guys need help i would go to him or if he ever wants to join ur guys clan i would let him. (me and him dont get along but i still for no reason i give him my full support).

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

When is our next match? The last one was great when Taylor Bales came out of the alleyway to pit maneuver Me biggrin.gif

Agrat
  • Agrat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 12:38 AM

Gamertag:
Agrat

Have you ever role-played before?
Unfortunately no, but everyone must start somewhere.

What will you contribute?
A member that will follow the rules and the spirit of the game. It's my first RP, so I will probably be adjusting to it all. Looking forward to it though.

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Marcus Pena 96 @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 09:29)
hey guys with that legendary guy i am just going to say that he is a ok guy so if u guys need help i would go to him or if he ever wants to join ur guys clan i would let him. (me and him dont get along but i still for no reason i give him my full support).

Thanks.

L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3
  • L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

@Marcus thanks and @Fonz Idk just yet but i might want to try and stop by for a match on your role play to see how it is because my RP hasn't been going to well right now because some of the other lead admins in my clan are on vacation and others are not on for school. we get a good match in atleast once a week but i still wanted to know when ur next match is.

ko3219
  • ko3219

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

GamerTag

cobelcoby

Have i ever played role play: Yes Mutiple times i love it

what do i have to contribute well being good at role play by following the RULES

TheBoatMan
  • TheBoatMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

Hey there i'm very interested in Gta IV role-play for the XBox 360. Heres my details:
Gamertag: XxJesusSnipesxX
Have you ever role-played before? Yes, quite often but only with a small group of friends (5-7) So it doesn't really work out.
What will you contribute? I believe I can make a good character for your role-playing, for my age I am quite mature and have a good attention span, I will not get bored easily and commit genocide.
Please contact me as soon as possible. smile.gif Thanks for your time

the Fonz 1127
  • the Fonz 1127

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:47 PM Edited by the Fonz 1127, 24 September 2011 - 10:55 PM.

QUOTE (Marcus Pena 96 @ Monday, Sep 12 2011, 06:38)
sad.gif sorry i am in another one my bad guys

We don't have a "no double clanning" rule.

@Belgium bagel: we play Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Legendary: You may join a game sometime. Up to you when though.
@All applicants: we are playing tonight at 9:00 PM EST. I will add you guys on xbox live and message you when we start.

x BL4CKxM1ST x
  • x BL4CKxM1ST x

The One...

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:41 AM

Gamertag: I SickStealth I
Have you ever role-played before? Yes
What will you contribute? More maturity then what I had the last time in the LCL, I can also contribute much ideas and more scenerios towards the LCL

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

Am i seeing things extreme?? This should be interesting .

L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3
  • L3G3ND4RYxPR1M3

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

i might be able to join a session this weekend just not on saturday because my clan has a RP then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users