Genesis.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14,063 replies to this topic
bucsfan
  • bucsfan

I'm the voice of the people, like Moses, only keepin it real

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Dourvas @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 16:44)
hey guys new user here.i am a huge gta fan ...played gta 4 more than 150 hours and san andreas of course.started with vice city and then played 3.played 1 and 2 on ps2....

anyway after this introduction i want to ask you something : why do you believe in this saturday thing?the proof is not solid at all
ive read Chevy Chases posts and while they look legit what if this is simply a coincidence?

plus as much as i want a gta v(more than anything) i think that rockstar will(sadly)release agent first and then announce gta v...

anyway maybe this Chevy Chase guy is a fluke but at least he gives us hope...BUT is giving hope the right thing to do if its fake?

this but this topic reminds me of religion...everyone is hoping for a clue/people believe in anything/analyze anything.but really no one knows the truth or maybe there IS no truth....

maybe thats why he created a topic named ''genesis''? which in greek means ''γενηση'' which is a religious type of word
you can add that to the theories if you want hehe

anyway hope we get some new info anyway

That's a solid theory. The theory of nothing. This guy doesn't seem for real to me. This isn't his M.O. He used to post comments on his old Revelations page I believe.

I don't think this is the work of d33pthroat but rather one of the admins. Does that mean that the admins are screwing with us? It's always possible, but they could very well know something or somebody will. Some of them have connections. There's a limit to what they can say or do, but there letting us know something is coming up. They gave us something to theorize with. It's building excitement at least. We have something! It's been going on for 2 weeks but we're getting close. I wouldn't key in on any specific dates. The only thing that would probably make sense is that it's getting announced this year since you can flip 1102.

Rockstar usually announces their GTAs on Thursday as somebody said (forget their name). It didn't happen yesterday and who really expected it would? They also usually do it independently. That's really all we can go off of.

mr_musica
  • mr_musica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

This thread is really loosing hype hehehe...

All this theory stuff... at the end there's no point in solving a game you started without notice.

The "solve this and I'll give you another clue" has been suggested but damn, there is no way we can know how close to solving it we are.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

I was playing 'Scene It' on my iPad and this question popped up. I laughed about the 'Who Am I' phrase and found it funny so, here is a screenshot:

user posted image

Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (mr_musica @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 17:46)

All this theory stuff... at the end there's no point in solving a game you started without notice.

The "solve this and I'll give you another clue" has been suggested but damn, there is no way we can know how close to solving it we are.

DING DING DING!!!

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

It lost the hype around 200 pages ago Imo.

mr_musica
  • mr_musica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 17:50)

Actually around 270 there where more concurrent readers... and around 176 the Chevy Chase theories started blooming... but yeah, it's almost overkill

Nova69_7
  • Nova69_7

WEDNESDAY TIL I DIE!!!

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (FartyFartknockerJr @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 12:04)
Wait so I just realized...

Some people actually think R* would announce a game on a Saturday???

Why....

And no i don't mean why do you think that (i know i know...204)

What I mean is why the heck would a company, let alone R*, announce a game on a Saturday.

It isn't going to happen.

I don't think people are expecting an actuall RockStar announcement on saturday are they? I thought they were just expecting another deepthro@t post/clue or whatever.

I mean whatever it is that people are expecting on day 204, I'm not expecting it as I don't personally this it's significant in any way...but just to be sure I'll have my eye on this thread just incase hehe!

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

What I am expecting? Nothing. I have given up hope for announcements or new clues anytime soon. In my opinion the 'Chevy Chase Viral' has failed. The hype was back, they let it slip.

deeptroatgta5
  • deeptroatgta5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:07 PM

Apache-Cobra
  • Apache-Cobra

Unknown

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Karoi @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 14:00)
What I am expecting? Nothing. I have given up hope for announcements or new clues anytime soon. In my opinion the 'Chevy Chase Viral' has failed. The hype was back, they let it slip.

Someone sure is laughing all the way to the bank, though, what with all the ad revenue from all the (hopeless) visits and posts that this seemingly useless thread has garnered.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (deeptroatgta5 @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:07)

You're not fooling anyone kid. Especially seeing as you can't spell.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Firefly8000 @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 13:50)

i lost it around page 45 1st , then came back and lost it at page 210 yawn.gif

mr_musica
  • mr_musica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:22 PM Edited by mr_musica, 22 July 2011 - 06:27 PM.

QUOTE (deeptroatgta5 @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 18:07)

They should probably ban your IP...

It's not that he can't spell, he does this so you missread that he is not who he says he is.

On Topic (If there is one): Has anyone messaged the original Chevy Chase? the last time he answered a question with a clue if I remember correctly, and if he has a valid e-mail address on his profile he (or she or it) will surely receive the message.

EDIT: It was not THE last time, but apparently he answered a message from someone once and it had a clue about the location.

Just testing if the chevy chase thing works backwards (since the image is reversed hehehe)
Chevy Chase
taorhtpeed
Chevy Chase
esahC yvehC

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (mr_musica @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 18:22)

It's not that he can't spell, he does this so you missread that he is not who he says he is.

On Topic (If there is one): Has anyone messaged the original Chevy Chase? the last time he answered a question with a clue if I remember correctly, and if he has a valid e-mail address on his profile he (or she or it) will surely receive the message.

EDIT: It was not THE last time, but apparently he answered a message from someone once and it had a clue about the location.

Just testing if the chevy chase thing works backwards (since the image is reversed hehehe)
Chevy Chase
taorhtpeed
Chevy Chase
esahC yvehC

He replied to PM's from a couple of people before..

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (mr_musica @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 18:22)

Chevy Chase
taorhtpeed
Chevy Chase
esahC yvehC

I sent him an e-mail, no reply yet, but I'm not expecting a reply.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:53 PM Edited by Slamman, 22 July 2011 - 07:02 PM.

The Chase (CHEVY?!?) never ends here, lets go out to 300,000 views for this thread, it'll be something!

Notice little spelling deficiencies in each attempt to thwart capture?!

As for the cryptic links of any kind, here or elsewhere, You better be damn sure you're not letting yourself in for a Malware invite, remember unknown links are an invitation to trouble. That's my safeguarding policy, though most appear harmless

The KISS and Van Halen Redubs he linked to are harmless, most anything on YouTube is, but on Google, it's another story, so be aware!!

The videos are well done, have to say that was much better then the KISS one because they matched the instrumentals up well.

awsomeking5
  • awsomeking5

Shut up and stop complaining about the username...

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

This d$$pthroat guy must be enrique iglesias.....only plausible option

koyobelisa
  • koyobelisa

Bonjour mes gens

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

Watch after saturday people will pull out another random theory out of there heads like Chevy Chase has number of letters in his name and each counts for a day so for X amount of days after the 23 the info will be released then everyone will go on that LOL.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

July 23rd, a Saturday, at Comic-Con, does seem a bit far fetched.

New Date!!

AUGUST 4th!

R* usually announces games on Thursday, August 4th is the last Thursday before the financial report. And it fits with the whole "near the end of summer" thing.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

The New Thing Theory!

So basically everyone seems to be doing their own theories so I'll just go ahead and make mine.

Now, as previously stated we have learned that 'Genesis' means 'the start of something new.' It took me a while to hit me, but if its what it means and if 'Mr. WideNeck' is really a reliable source then what we are going to be seeing next is a new city.
Pretty short, now, wasn't it? But I'm not done yet. No, not done.

As Mr. Mati1501 said in Page number one or two or three or something, he said that the picture was pointing south. I have no clue where the city will be, but RDR takes place in Texas, Mexico, and a bit of California. Remember the leaked cast thing? That's right, it was about Mexican dudes crossing the border towards Cali and Texas.

Dudes and Dudettes, the next location will be Mexico, Texas, and a bit of Los Santos.... If I'm right.

diablo440
  • diablo440

Your Daddy

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 18:11)

you shouldn't be questioning peoples intelligence, you're still trying to reason with logic in this thread..

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (diablo440 @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 20:24)
QUOTE (bammargera @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 18:11)

you shouldn't be questioning peoples intelligence, you're still trying to reason with logic in this thread..

I fail to see where I was questioning inelegance, but at the end of the day this thread is all we have at present.

mr_musica
  • mr_musica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (blitz. @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:20)
The New Thing Theory!

So basically everyone seems to be doing their own theories so I'll just go ahead and make mine.

Now, as previously stated we have learned that 'Genesis' means 'the start of something new.' It took me a while to hit me, but if its what it means and if 'Mr. WideNeck' is really a reliable source then what we are going to be seeing next is a new city.
Pretty short, now, wasn't it? But I'm not done yet. No, not done.

As Mr. Mati1501 said in Page number one or two or three or something, he said that the picture was pointing south. I have no clue where the city will be, but RDR takes place in Texas, Mexico, and a bit of California. Remember the leaked cast thing? That's right, it was about Mexican dudes crossing the border towards Cali and Texas.

Dudes and Dudettes, the next location will be Mexico, Texas, and a bit of Los Santos.... If I'm right.

Seems likely. I heard some time ago that maybe was los santos as 'stand-alone' (not fully san andreas). I kind of like the idea since I didn't play Vice and, as I stated before, going again LC, Vice, SA would be a bit of a cycle don't you think? only that the first time was full feature game for each, now we would be having some sort of trilogy from each installment.

Anyways, I would prefer some California Dreams on GTA NEXT. After all there is no new engine so it could or couldn't be named V.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Maybe we're going back to the RDR map, only 100 years in the future.

mr_musica
  • mr_musica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:25)
I fail to see where I was questioning inelegance, but at the end of the day this thread is all we have at present.

Not so much intelligence but the lack of a correct spelling hability wich would come from some education and memory, both included in the generally accepted concept of intelligence.

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (awsomeking5 @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:05)

Of course not....He's much cuter wink.gif BRUNO!

Now that that's out of the way, I think @abottig might be right on the announcement date. If they're going to do it sometime this summer it'll probably be then. It's on a Thursday and it fits the theme of how they usually announce games before financial reports. It's right between to comic con and gamescom. It also might throw a wrench into the sales of Saints Row The Third. Oh please play dirty Rockstar! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (bucsfan @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 15:29)

Now that that's out of the way, I think @abottig might be right on the announcement date. If they're going to do it sometime this summer it'll probably be then. It's on a Thursday and it fits the theme of how they usually announce games before financial reports. It's right between to comic con and gamescom. It also might throw a wrench into the sales of Saints Row The Third. Oh please play dirty Rockstar! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

I'm hoping for the 23rd, but August 4th seems much more likely.

But, just an announcement would be disappointing. We know that it's coming. I just hope they tell us where, and when the game is set. That'll hold me over for now.

mr_musica
  • mr_musica

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (bucsfan @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:29)
Oh please play dirty Rockstar! that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

They are playing dirty but on the wrong people, US!!!

Now talking about financial report time. I only see an announcement on that timeframe a way of getting the people happy when getting to the meeting. Cause we all know that if we had shares from rockstar the first question we would ask at the event would be: "Where the Chevy Chase is the next GTA"...

So, you save the time to be asked that "akward question" (if you are not plannning to "say any news or announcing any plans for development" -R*'s usual replies recently-) and you get happy shareholders in your meeting. That seems a bit more likely.

So let's expect some love to the fans or around August 4th.

So what's next... to find the link between August 4th (or any date around that for the matter) and 1102, 204, the image, Chevy Chase and all that stuff...

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (mr_musica @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 15:36)
QUOTE (bucsfan @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:29)
Oh please play dirty Rockstar!  that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

They are playing dirty but on the wrong people, US!!!

Now talking about financial report time. I only see an announcement on that timeframe a way of getting the people happy when getting to the meeting. Cause we all know that if we had shares from rockstar the first question we would ask at the event would be: "Where the Chevy Chase is the next GTA"...

So, you save the time to be asked that "akward question" (if you are not plannning to "say any news or announcing any plans for development" -R*'s usual replies recently-) and you get happy shareholders in your meeting. That seems a bit more likely.

So let's expect some love to the fans or around August 4th.

So what's next... to find the link between August 4th (or any date around that for the matter) and 1102, 204, the image, Chevy Chase and all that stuff...

204, flipped = 402

402 * 2 = 804

8/04 = August 4th

bucsfan
  • bucsfan

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (abottig @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 19:33)
QUOTE (bucsfan @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 15:29)

I'm hoping for the 23rd, but August 4th seems much more likely.

But, just an announcement would be disappointing. We know that it's coming. I just hope they tell us where, and when the game is set. That'll hold me over for now.

I think we'll see a whole bunch of things. We'll get an announcement, then shortly after a teaser. Then the same week Saints Row The Third is coming out. The location is revealed and a huge trailer is released. I have nothing against Saints Row and I'll probably buy it anyway, but Rockstar has to realize that Saints Row is stealing their audience. They have to make a big move quick for their fan base to stay with them. GTA still has the upper hand against Saints Row, they need to make sure they stay on top, because Saints Row can and will takeover, that's the reality of the situation. I'll stay behind Rockstar no matter how long it how takes, but I know some people will be pretty pissed off if it takes too much longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users