Photo

Genesis.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14,063 replies to this topic
Gtaplayaminigun
  • Gtaplayaminigun

Buster

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:41 AM Edited by Gtaplayaminigun, 15 July 2011 - 03:49 AM.

Didn't the phone numbers in gta iv have 555 in common? The format was ABC-555-WXYZ.
So, can 204-555-1102 mean something?
But as typing Chevy Chase(D.T) gives chevy chase and every one's saying that it's related to D.C, it does seem to have a serious connection to the USA politics.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Duxfever @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 21:29)
QUOTE (Nick Foster @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:21)
QUOTE (Duxfever @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:18)
QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:14)
Could be the admins messing with us.

And I think 515C0M1NG is just some guy who created a second account to troll.

Good theories with the Washington DC thing though. Is grope still preaching his Vice City theories?

IIRC, he still believes in them, but he's learned to keep quiet.

This whole thing is like trying to put pieces of a puzzle together, but someone's mixed all the pieces with different puzzles, and the puzzle pieces are all just the same color over and over.

That hurt my head trying to comprehend what you just said. xD If it is D.C., R* is going to catch LOTS of heat for players firing rockets into the Capitol Building and the White House.

Hahaha that's practically how the whole situation is altogether! And perhaps so, but.. maybe the protagonist is helping the President in GTA V somehow? Maybe this is the first time we'll be seeing a U.S. President in a GTA game?

Does it make sense, or am I grasping straws? As some of us may know, the next presidential election is next year in the Fall. Obama is known to have full-on support for video games, and maybe he's got himself a role..? Maybe it's also something that would help his campaign for the elections? Big selling franchise, same year as the elections. If all goes well, maybe it'll make him look even better? I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about politics or the government in any way, but I have never done so ever in my life, and I wanna take now as a chance.

And we don't really have to have it set in Capital City. But we could definitely travel there.

Lol. I can see it now. The teaser for GTA V plays exactly like the teaser for GTA IV, except the setting is Washington D.C. Then you've got a shot of the White House before Obama's voice-over kicks in, "My name is Obama. The year is 2012 and I'm the President of the United States again. Perhaps now things will be more American..." Fade to black as the GTA V logo appears.

Royal55
  • Royal55

Caveman.

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

I know, I know, I'm probably wrong, but could this be evidence to support that Agent is a codename for GTAV?
Counter terrorism, espionage, set in the 70's? Sounds political enough to be in D.C.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

QUOTE (Duxfever @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:29)

Good theories with the Washington DC thing though. Is grope still preaching his Vice City theories?

This whole thing is like trying to put pieces of a puzzle together, but someone's mixed all the pieces with different puzzles, and the puzzle pieces are all just the same color over and over.

That hurt my head trying to comprehend what you just said. xD If it is D.C., R* is going to catch LOTS of heat for players firing rockets into the Capitol Building and the White House.

Hahaha that's practically how the whole situation is altogether! And perhaps so, but.. maybe the protagonist is helping the President in GTA V somehow? Maybe this is the first time we'll be seeing a U.S. President in a GTA game?

Does it make sense, or am I grasping straws? As some of us may know, the next presidential election is next year in the Fall. Obama is known to have full-on support for video games, and maybe he's got himself a role..? Maybe it's also something that would help his campaign for the elections? Big selling franchise, same year as the elections. If all goes well, maybe it'll make him look even better? I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about politics or the government in any way, but I have never done so ever in my life, and I wanna take now as a chance.

And we don't really have to have it set in Capital City. But we could definitely travel there. (what deathdealer said basically)

Reposting this for the new page.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

QUOTE (Gtaplayaminigun @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 22:41)
Didn't the phone numbers in gta iv have 555 in common? The format was ABC-555-WXYZ.
But as typing Chevy Chase gives chevy chaze and every one's saying that it's related to D.C, it does seem to have a serious connection to the USA politics.

555 is used for fake or generic phone numbers in movies and TV. This way kids/people don't call it and mess with the poor people who own the phone number in real life.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:45 AM Edited by WhistleBlower, 15 July 2011 - 03:48 AM.

EDIT: What the guy above me said.

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE (Duxfever @ Friday, Jul 15 2011, 03:29)

And we don't really have to have it set in Capital City. But we could definitely travel there. (what deathdealer said basically)

If DC, maybe we would help someone win an election?

You know, uncover things. ph34r.gif

Hopefully Chevy Chases not around this time.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:49 AM

Maybe the DC hint is the release date? The president will be elected in 2012.

yoghurtcock
  • yoghurtcock

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:49 AM

it all makes sense now!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.c...ed/mDBldrBYMV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (Royal55 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 21:44)
I know, I know, I'm probably wrong, but could this be evidence to support that Agent is a codename for GTAV?
Counter terrorism, espionage, set in the 70's? Sounds political enough to be in D.C.

No, Agent was announced as a PS3 exclusive and before Dan Houser went on to say that they were still deciding on a city for the next GTA.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (Royal55 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:44)

I am so not sure of what to think about Agent anymore. We have no information about it except for what you told us. Why does it seem like GTA V viral marketing and brief Agent information and so similar? Is it just more hardcoded evidence that Rockstar takes features from their previous games and improves on them? But how does that fit in to this situation? This is all too crazy. And now I'm starting to think the next GTA will be set in the present AND the 70's... Right now, I think there's something REALLY wrong with me.

QUOTE (WhistleBlower @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:43)
Lol. I can see it now. The teaser for GTA V plays exactly like the teaser for GTA IV, except the setting is Washington D.C. Then you've got a shot of the White House before Obama's voice-over kicks in, "My name is Obama. The year is 2012 and I'm the President of the United States again. Perhaps now things will be more American..." Fade to black as the GTA V logo appears.

Hahahahaha. Oh god someone should totally make a mockup of that. I'd watch it 50 times a day.

QUOTE (Long_Haired_Boy @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 20:46)
If DC,  maybe we would help someone win an election?

You know, uncover things. ph34r.gif

Hopefully Chevy Chases not around this time.

Yup exact point.

I think I read somewhere that a representative of some sort responded to the exclusivity of Agent. Can't remember the source, however.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:03 AM

Tying into the 1970s Washington D.C. concept - "Chevy Chase" as a term for a secret informer came from the Watergate scandal. Just throwin' that out there...

Mainland Marauder giggles at those silly GTAF admins

Gtaplayaminigun
  • Gtaplayaminigun

Buster

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Friday, Jul 15 2011, 09:14)
QUOTE (Gtaplayaminigun @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 22:41)
But as typing Chevy Chase gives chevy chase and every one's saying that it's related to D.C, it does seem to have a serious connection to the USA politics.

555 is used for fake or generic phone numbers in movies and TV. This way kids/people don't call it and mess with the poor people who own the phone number in real life.

Oh. I don't know much about usa's phones. May be, it's 23rd july 2011 then. But washington dc definitely has got something to do with this game.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:09 AM Edited by Magic_Al, 15 July 2011 - 04:14 AM.

If you re-read dee‭pthr‬oatgta4's 2007 story it not only conveys GTA IV's atmosphere but also has international espionage elements as though, if the author was a Rockstar North insider, they might be thinking about the worlds of both games. It even has this bit with odd capitalization:
I am now planning my Agent Contact for tonight. Iím going to have to establish myself here so that I can figure a way out of this mess.

Niall
  • Niall

Mad Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:17 AM

This just keeps getting more and more awesome! inlove.gif Y'all realize we are living board history.

user posted image

lol.gif

GTA_NYC
  • GTA_NYC

Whats new in it! V

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:34 AM

Are we having multiple cities.

One side of map
V.C 1980.
and other side
W.D.C 2011.

starting from 1980s coming to 2011.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:36 AM Edited by gtafanny, 15 July 2011 - 04:38 AM.

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Friday, Jul 15 2011, 04:09)
If you re-read dee‭pthr‬oatgta4's 2007 story it not only conveys GTA IV's atmosphere but also has international espionage elements as though, if the author was a Rockstar North insider, they might be thinking about the worlds of both games. It even has this bit with odd capitalization:
I am now planning my Agent Contact for tonight. Iím going to have to establish myself here so that I can figure a way out of this mess.

Agent is a completely different game to gta.

Take-Two CEO Ben Feder sheds a little more light on the mysterious PS3 game to Eurogamer, saying that Agent will feature "very, very different storylines, very different character development" from the wildly successful Rockstar North series Grand Theft Auto.

"It's a game about espionage, set in the 1970s. GTA is obviously more about an urban experience, a typically rags to riches experience," Feder says. "It's going to be very fresh for gamers."

http://kotaku.com/53...ferent-from-gta

All I can think of is R* is cross advertising agent to gta fans using this forum all along. We must take into account the whole V journey, which seems like President Obama's journey.

Watergate scandal: President - Washington DC - D»ep Thr÷at - Agent - 1970s -...

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:38 AM

A GTA game set in Washington DC confused.gif hell no i rather have another Liberty City then Washington It better be San Andreas or Vice City

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

So now we'll be riding through DC on a horse with no name?

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:43 AM

Chevy Chase is chevychase OMG!

so far it's probable that the next gta will be set in washington, mmm

off topic, today will be my selectivity test in a school wish me luck

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 21:43)
So now we'll be riding through DC on a horse with no name?

Yes. With the President riding "shotgun".

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:46 AM

why the filter?

Makes no sence to me..... ?

ShotGunRain
  • ShotGunRain

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:47 AM Edited by ShotGunRain, 15 July 2011 - 04:50 AM.

There is a Chevy Chase street in Los Angeles wow.gif
Edit here is the link http://maps.google.c...se Glendale, CA

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:49 AM

There is also a street called Chevy Chase in the River Oaks neighborhood here in Houston. We were talking about Texas earlier...

Has
  • Has

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

Okay someone fill me in about this Chevy Chase business... Its coming out of nowhere it seems.

ROBOTECH
  • ROBOTECH

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:00 AM Edited by ROBOTECH, 15 July 2011 - 05:07 AM.

Can not be ... Washington DC may just be one of the cities. And I think it is quite possible to put San Andreas, Vice City, Hawaii and if the map of GTA V will be the greatest of all sagas.

"All Sagas"? The confidential informant who told Gamespot that GTA V would have a map, the greatest of all sagas... Not refer to the map does it take to include the other games that are made ​​elsewhere but also adding more as additional?

It may be possible that GTA V includes almost the whole of USA with Mexico and Colombia for drug smuggling missions. (I think)

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:00 AM

QUOTE (Has @ Friday, Jul 15 2011, 04:57)
Okay someone fill me in about this Chevy Chase business... Its coming out of nowhere it seems.

I agree... there has to be a reason for it?

And only the Admins can do it.... so.... whats up guys?

facedesk.gif

Has
  • Has

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (ViceCityFTW @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 23:08)
Why would they pick 1102 number?Why pick that number out of the blue?With all that "Washington" hints I think that was pretty straight forward.
user posted image

Genesis
In the Beginning "Mission #1 for Vice City"

Washington Hints
It starts you off on Washington Beach

3k from image name
and the Safehouse is worth 3,000

The Tree is a Lie
Seriously? The image is a red herring made to throw us off maybe.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:08 AM

San Andreas had "In the Beginning..." too.

Cluckin Bell
  • Cluckin Bell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:10 AM

Something of Interest:

Spies Like Us

- Chevy Chase
- Soviet Union
- Washington D.C.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users