Photo

Arrest Warrant

GTA4 .NET script mod notoriety police AI realism
213 replies to this topic
AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:48 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 22 June 2013 - 08:43 AM.

QUOTE (The Loot)
Edit: Narrowed down a bug. When a chase resumes, high alert does not seem to happen when you escape again.

Also, how does the dispatch delay work? I know the game has a setting SNT can use, but when it happens, some cops seem to ignore Niko for a bit. Firing a gun near or at them fixes them, but cops in cars drive away slightly erratically and the helicopter just leaves and despawns.

I just saw the High Alert bug. But then when I carefully tested it several times, it worked fine. I'll watch out for it in the future. Dispatch Delay temporarily enables a setting called "DONT_DISPATCH_COPS_FOR_PLAYER". The only downsides: it seems to make the game delete cops more often during chases, and it still allows police roadblocks to spawn.

Anyway, stayed up late tonight to finish Prerelease 5, which I've been slowly working on for a few months. You can get it over here. Here are the changes since Prerelease 4:

- Added countdown message during Dispatch Delay.
- Tweaked cop behavior:
. . . . Added speech when your wanted level rises.
. . . . High Alert level is based on the level of chase you escaped, instead of warrant rating.
. . . . Investigating cops in cars don't get out to interrogate until they reach red alert.
. . . . FBI and NOOSE pay less attention to you when your warrant/High Alert level is low.
. . . . Cops pay less attention to you when you wear the LSD uniform.
- Added INI settings:
. . . . OverallAlertMultiplier_FBI, NOOSE: changes how much FBI and NOOSE notice you.
. . . . OverallAlertMultiplier_LSD: changes how much cops notice you when you wear the LSD uniform.
. . . . Weight_Night, Weight_Rain, and other weights that decrease the effect of certain alerts.
. . . . OnChaseDeath_HighAlert: triggers High Alert when you die in a chase.
. . . . OnChaseDeath_AddCrimes: adds your crimes to your warrant when you die in a chase.
. . . . ShowMsg_DispatchCountdown: shows seconds until searching cops can spawn.
- Tweaked INI settings:
. . . . Split "ALERT MODIFIERS" section into "weighted" and "unweighted" sections.
. . . . Renamed "ClearWarrant_OnArrest" to "OnArrest_ClearWarrant".
. . . . Renamed "ClearWarrant_OnChaseDeath" to "OnChaseDeath_ClearWarrant".
. . . . Renamed "ConfiscateWeapons_OnChaseDeath" to "OnChaseDeath_ConfiscateWeapons".
. . . . Removed "GunsAreIllegal" (you can just set the gun/explosive spot chances to zero).
- Fixed bugs:
. . . . Cops kept attacking you when you escaped a chase of 2+ stars.
. . . . Cops could identify you when they couldn't see your face.
. . . . Wrong High Alert level after escaping a lower-level chase than a previous High Alert level.
. . . . "KnifeAlert" defaulted to 15 instead of 20 if deleted from the INI.
. . . . "DispatchDelay_Seconds" INI setting didn't work and defaulted to 35 instead of 15.
. . . . "ShowMsg_VehicleWanted" setting didn't work.
. . . . INI settings for cop movement speed worked, but weren't in the INI.
. . . . Alert indicators for cops in cars didn't flash properly.
- Minor tweaks and cleanup.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Great work, man. Did some artwork for when the update is finished: http://i.imgur.com/c8IpCCp.png.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by The Loot, 22 June 2013 - 05:11 AM.

Sounds great!

Would it be possible to make it ID you when you die, as that would be more along the lines of my suggestion. It still won't add a crime to the warrant if a cop didn't ID you before you died.

Also, can we get a weight for being in a vehicle? Also, I know an auto ID for new stars has an option for Niko, but do cars that were ID'd also automatically go up? That way if the car get's ID'd for the higher crime but Niko doesn't, it'll attract more attention.

Edit: High Alert bug: It takes the warrant rating instead of the star rating of an escaped chase. Had a warrant of 3 and escaped a 1 star without being IDd, and it gave me the 3 star time. Does not happen every time, though I'm pretty sure I wasn't ID'd for the higher rating any of the times it happened.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:44 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 22 June 2013 - 09:38 AM.

@jykl
Sweet banner, thanks! biggrin.gif

@The Loot
Damn! I actually intended to do it the way you described, but I made a little mistake and didn't test enough.

There's already a weight for being in a vehicle, so I just added INI settings to adjust it. Not sure why I didn't before. Now the only unchangeable weight is the one for distance (which is proportionate to your distance from the cop). And yeah, the auto-ID when your wanted level rises also applies to your vehicle, if it was already wanted.

Go ahead and redownload PR5. I ninja'd in these changes, because I didn't feel like calling them Prerelease 6:
> High Alert level is based on the level of chase you escaped, instead of warrant rating.
> Added INI settings: Weight_Vehicle, Weight_Bike, Weight_VehicleMoving, Weight_BikeMoving.
> Fixed bug: OnChaseDeath_AddCrimes didn't work if you weren't IDed before you died.
> Fixed bug: Cops could identify you when they couldn't see your face.
> Probably fixed bug: Wrong High Alert level after escaping a lower-level chase than a previous High Alert level.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:09 AM Edited by The Loot, 22 June 2013 - 09:13 AM.

Ah, thanks!
You're too quick, though, I found another bug. Twice now I've gotten 4 star wanted ratings out of nowhere. Both times were resuming a chase, I believe, and once was with a warrant of 5 stars, and once with a warrant of 2.

Oh, and since the dispatch delays seems to cause some odd behavior, can you add an option to only delay helicopter spawning? I'll pass off the other spawning as just having units in the area I never saw, but the instant helicopters at 3+ stars are much more annoying.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 22 June 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Any chance your vehicle had 4 stars?

Unfortunately the method I use for Dispatch Delay can't suppress just helicopters. I can think of a way to do it, but it's rather inefficient (constantly check all vehicles and delete any helis).

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

Can't imagine the vehicle had four stars, it was only involved in the two star chases, as far as I know.

SNT has an option to disable just police helicopters, could that be used?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

If at all possible, it'd probably be pretty helpful if you could record a play session. I might get a better idea of what you're describing, and spot bugs you didn't notice. Plus it'd be interesting to see how someone else uses the mod, because I'm so close to it all the time and don't really play the game anymore.

If the SNT has that then there must be a simple native way to do it... I already looked, but I'll look again later.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

I'll see what I can do about footage, though FRAPS makes some hefty files so I'll have to look into editing software to find a way to cut down the size.

I remember a certain "colorful" scripter who made a mod to turn off helis after a certain amount were destroyed and not to enable them again until a certain amount of time passed. Can't remember where that was, though. He may have wiped his stuff off the web after his last temper tantrum.

Also, I'm seeing a HighAlertWantedLevel message in the upper left corner with that last update.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Oops, redownload again to get rid of that debug message. suicidal.gif

giovafr
  • giovafr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

First of all 2 words : Great Job !

I've just tested your mod for the first time (i directly installed v1.1 without testing previous version). I'll give you feed back soon.

Until this i have perhaps some solutions regarding known bugs :

Your arrest warrant is only saved when you use a bed to save the game, not when the game autosaves

i guess you made tries around IS_AUTO_SAVE_IN_PROGRESS and DID_SAVE_COMPLETE_SUCCESSFULLY functions.
If it is not enough to solve your problem, you should try to use system.io.filesystemwatcher to monitor files into %LOCALAPPDATA%\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames

- Most cops can't see very far.
- The game's AI can see through many things it shouldn't, like low walls, dumpsters, vehicles, vegetation, and people.

not tested but here an idea :
1) create a camera on the cop and place the camera's target on localplayer
2) call this function : CAM_IS_SPHERE_VISIBLE (not tested) it is supposed to say if an obstacle is between the camera and the target

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Very interesting, thank you! I think FileSystemWatcher might work quite well, though the savegame location is different for WinXP and xliveless users, and I think it'll also detect changes to the controls (ControlMap.dat). I'll try to figure it out.

Your camera idea might solve the "can't see very far" bug, but I'm guessing they'll probably still see through plants, vehicles, etc. I'll check it out. Thanks again!

giovafr
  • giovafr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:02 AM Edited by giovafr, 05 July 2013 - 10:08 AM.

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:19)
though the savegame location is different for WinXP and xliveless users

moreover it seems different between GTA4 and EFLC.

BUT all thoses files have something common :
1) interresting files are ALWAYS into a "savegames" folder
2) we can consider i think that any file present into a "savegames" folder will trigger systemwatchfile when and only when a save is in progress.

To detect witch savegame has been loaded it would be complicate. But i think that we can use game stats as solution (i'll try it in my mod):
1) save into your savefiles :
  • hours played since begining
  • current gametime
  • miles traveled on foot
  • miles traveled in vehicle
  • bullets fired
2) when the script is loaded (means a savegame has been loaded), compare actual stats (see list above) with all your files content to detect the good one.

---------

Regarding you mod i have a problem : when i press Numpad_5 it always says that i have no warrant. I kill cops, burn the whole town, drive on pavement ; but i always have no warrant whatsthat.gif
i did not changed settings. i'll try to remove all other mods to check....

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hey man, I was playing earlier and thought that the blips were kind of ruining the immersion. I went to disable them and the mod crashed. Think you can look into that?

And here are some (unrelated and implausible) suggestions!:
>Calling Kiki should clear your warrant. (which the OP suggests is not possible)
>Chasedeaths and arrests should negatively affect most relationships.
>The ski-mask should prevent you from being identified but give you an instant star if spotted.
>A hotkey to equip the mask anywhere. (using the equip helmet animation maybe)
>A hotkey to surrender no matter how many stars you have. JUST STOP SHOOTING ME GODDAMMIT.
>Driving a heavily damaged vehicle should get the attention of nearby officers.
>If the mod is set so that cops don't notice if you're driving an emergency vehicle, then you should be allowed to break traffic laws when the siren's on.
>Using cover and shutting off headlights (via lilmcnessy's mod or something similar) should lower your overall visibility no matter how close the cop is.
>The police scanner should be heard when in an emergency vehicle.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for the bug report and suggestions! I'll look into that crash ASAP, but it might be a week or so before I can fix it. Can you post the error message? (Check your ScriptHookDotNet.log file.)

Driving a heavily damaged vehicle already alerts police. You can tweak how much they're alerted using the Driving_HeavyCarDamage INI setting. (Vehicles are considered "heavily damaged" when chassis/engine health falls below 40%. I think this is when your engine starts smoking.)

I added these suggestions to my to-do list:
- Traffic crimes allowed in emergency vehicles when Driving_EmergencyVehicle = 0 and siren is on
- Enable police scanner in emergency vehicles
- Add weights when headlights are off or player is in cover
- Hotkey to surrender during a chase

These suggestions might be possible somehow, but I haven't figured out a good solution:
- Detect ski mask, bike helmet
- Detect when player calls Kiki to clear wanted level
- Chasedeaths and arrests negatively affect relationships

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Check it, homie.
CODE
2013-07-18 09:41:51 - Error during Tick in script 'ArrestWarrant.Main':
                     System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                        at ArrestWarrant.Cop.UpdateAlertLevel(Ped[] nearbyPeds)
                        at ArrestWarrant.CopManager.UpdateCops()
                        at ArrestWarrant.CopManager.Update()
                        at ArrestWarrant.Main.ArrestWarrant_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        at GTA.Script.TryTick()
                        at GTA.Script.DoTick()
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

luchi
  • luchi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

Hello! first of all, your mod is awesome! It turned a must have to me!
I'm here to post a feedback to the mod, it's not always that this happens but it wasn't the first time either.
CODE
2013-07-29 23:08:11 - Error during Tick in script 'ArrestWarrant.Main':
                     GTA.NonExistingObjectException: Invalid call to an object that doesn't exist anymore!
                        at GTA.value.PedTasks.ClearAll()
                        at ArrestWarrant.Cop.SpotPlayer(SpotType thingSeen)
                        at ArrestWarrant.Cop.CheckHasSpotted(SpotType thingSeen)
                        at ArrestWarrant.CopManager.CheckHaveCopsSpotted(SpotType thingSeen)
                        at ArrestWarrant.ChaseManager.HandleChaseNotStarted()
                        at ArrestWarrant.ChaseManager.Update()
                        at ArrestWarrant.Main.ArrestWarrant_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        at GTA.Script.TryTick()
                        at GTA.Script.DoTick()
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

Just to inform, I use your mod combined with drive.felony from BR_goianiense. I did what you said about turn to zero the drive felony in arrest.warrant to use drive felony from goianiense.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hey man, this mod makes use of the mask (which I think you were having trouble with). Don't know if it's of any help but maybe you can take a look at it and see what sort of wizardry the creator did: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=16215

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:14 AM

Thanks, but unfortunately that mod doesn't have a way to detect the ski mask if the player uses a different mod to put it on.

Thanks for the bug reports too, guys. Both crashes are fixed in Prerelease 6, which I've made pretty good progress on. It should be available soon, since my summer classes end tomorrow. I'll have a couple weeks without school.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Thursday, Aug 1 2013, 10:14)
Thanks, but unfortunately that mod doesn't have a way to detect the ski mask if the player uses a different mod to put it on.

Thanks for the bug reports too, guys. Both crashes are fixed in Prerelease 6, which I've made pretty good progress on. It should be available soon, since my summer classes end tomorrow. I'll have a couple weeks without school.

I wasn't saying that you should make your mod work with BR_goianiense's. I just thought that since the mods are similar that you could take a look at his to figure out how he got the ski-mask to work the way it did (which is similar to what I suggested in a previous post) and find a way to implement that feature into your mod. Though since the dev's been inactive for a while and the mod isn't open source, that might be a bit difficult. Oh well.

Glad you're finishing up with your schoolwork though. This mod is one of the only reasons I still play this game.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

Alright, Prerelease 6 is here.

The biggest change is one of The Loot's suggestions from a while back: investigating cops now wait until they're fully alerted to interrogate (ask you for ID). At yellow and red alert, they'll just follow, watch, and threaten you. If you don't alert them for a while, they'll lose interest and eventually stop following. On the other hand, if they've investigated for a couple minutes (total, including previous investigations), their alert level will start rising 1% each second, so you should lose them quickly. If they've been fully alerted, they get mad whenever they see you.

- Tweaked cop behavior:
. . . . When investigating, they just follow and don't interrogate unless fully alerted.
. . . . Investigating cops threaten you when they're nearby.
. . . . Alert level starts draining if you haven't alerted them in a while (unless fully alerted).
. . . . Alert level starts rising after they've investigated for 120 seconds (you have to lose them).
. . . . Alert indicator flashes whenever alert level rises, not just when it reaches a new peak.
. . . . Investigating cops are alerted less when you run, unless you have high notoriety.
. . . . After a cop has investigated, his alert level won't drain below 20 (by default).
. . . . Driving away from investigating cops only alerts them if they're at red alert.
. . . . If you drive fast nearby, they notice traffic crimes they can't see (except heavy car damage).
. . . . They're not alerted by heavy car damage if you're barely moving.
. . . . If your siren is on, traffic crimes are allowed (except hitting peds).
. . . . They notice you less when you're in cover.
. . . . Alert weights for nighttime/rain also decrease % chance of face/vehicle/weapon being spotted.
. . . . Chance of looking at player is based on peak alert level instead of current level.
- Added INI settings:
. . . . Weight_InCover: How much less noticeable you are when in cover.
. . . . MinAlertAfterInvestigation: Minimum alert level of cops who have investigated.
. . . . Investigation_YellowAlertRange, RedAlertRange: How close investigating cops follow you.
. . . . Investigation_WatchSeconds: How long cops watch you before alert level starts draining.
. . . . Investigation_PatienceSeconds: Cumulative time investigating before alert level starts rising.
- Removed "EnableInvestigations" setting.
- Renamed several investigation-related INI settings to start with "Investigation_".
- Police radio dispatch sounds are enabled when you're in an emergency vehicle.
- Added "togglestats" console command to show various stats for the nearest tracked cop.
- Fixed bugs:
. . . . Script crash when blips were disabled.
. . . . Script crash when the game deleted a cop right after he spotted your weapon.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:02 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 04 August 2013 - 11:00 PM.

Sorry guys, I rushed that update. Please re-download I just fixed several bugs:

- Alert level didn't drain when cop wasn't investigating and couldn't see you.
- Alert level didn't drain properly if AlertDrainPerSec setting was more than 1.
- Alert level could drain even if cop had been fully alerted before and could see you.
- When cops joined other cops' investigations, they investigated too long or not long enough.
- Indicators over police cars flashed when alert level wasn't changing.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:41 AM

Oh, cool. A new pre-release. I made a signature for the mod that I'll be using, if you don't mind. You can see it here: http://i.imgur.com/Mvdwd9l.png

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

Don't mind at all, thanks! icon14.gif

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by jykl, 31 August 2013 - 07:17 AM.

Hey man. GTA Modding's been super slow recently so I was thinking about more stuff to add to this mod. Prison is the only one off the top of my head. I used Hippie's mod for a while but there's a ton of stupid stuff in there like the survival mini-game and I just feel like you could do better with how amazingly customizable your mods are. I was just thinking of like keeping it simple, got to prison with 2+ stars. Have a place where Niko could pay bail (Marked with an indicator, preferably. Hippie's mod left all important locations unmarked.) and give the character 4 stars (or more, depending on what crime they committed) if they try to escape or enter a restricted area.

EDIT: I realize now that Hippie's not as dead as I thought. I'll go ask him. oops

luchi
  • luchi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

Another feedback! To my game the script is very mature! No crashes till now, and I'm still running with ticketmod by hippiecomunist, not using drive_felony anymore. But for my game I think the script is a little bit heavy. If you could slim down (if you want to and if it is possible) and merge the ticketmod to your mod it would be perfect!

these are the mods that I use:
2013-08-25 22:29:17 - STARTING SCRIPTS...
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'trafficruleCS.lessovertake'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'IVIndicators.mainScript'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'FuelScript.FuelScript'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'DeadlyWrecks.Main'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'CautiousDrivers.CautiousDriversScript'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'BankAccount.Main'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'ArrestWarrant.Main'!
2013-08-25 22:29:17 -  ...successfully started script 'Ticket.Ticket'!
2013-08-25 23:01:35 - Direct3D device lost!
2013-08-25 23:01:35 - SCRIPTS TERMINATED!

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

You should think about revamping how stars are given. Killing a lot of people in a short period of time should call for a manhunt (~4 stars), yeah? Stealing a helicopter would be hijacking, (so like four stars also) stealing an Annihilator or Buzzard should net you five and six if you fire the weapons. Setting off explosives (grenades, gas pumps) should give you three if anyone is injured and killing a cop should only give you two (and should be bumped up to four stars if the player kills more than like eight cops.)

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

I did want to do something like that, but at this point it's not very likely. Life stuff is keeping me busy most of the time, so that level of overhaul is probably beyond me now.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

I am not sure if its a problem with your mod or not but the police seem completely incappable of chasing me in vehicles now, they cant keep up, the only time they are decent is if im stuck, then they will box me in and actually behave pretty realistically, but if i go more than 20mph they become idiots.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

That's been reported before but I never noticed it. Just looked into it again and apparently it's caused by Dispatch Delay. :bored: That's a shame, because I can't think of a way to fix it. For now, you can set DispatchDelay_Seconds to 0. If I can't find a good fix, I'll have to remove Dispatch Delay in the next update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users