• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Great we are waiting for that Prerelease 4

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

It seems like helicopters already don't spawn during the delay period, but those roadblocks are certainly a bummer. I haven't found a way to control them.

The thing with helicopters is that most of the time a chase has been going on for enough time before you earn a 3+ rating, so the moment you get those extra stars, a helicopter spawns. I don't know if there is a way delay a the star increase through scripting, or to recognize the change and disable helicopters for an additional period after that. Bummer about the roadblocks, but maybe the former idea there would help it, also.

Wanted vehicles do alert cops on sight, but only if your notoriety rating is 3 or more. Otherwise, cops will only have a chance to spot your car if they investigate. And cars do still get reported even if you're not in them I stole one, parked it, ran a couple blocks away, waited a bit, and when I came back the car already had 1 star. The "stolen vehicle reported" message doesn't appear if it gets reported while you're not in it.

Must not have waited long enough. Would it be possible to add in an option to have cops alert on stolen vehicles no matter what? I also had a thought about adding in an optional "honor system" feature for "owning" cars in the game. Say that using the modifier key for the mod and another key, would interrupt the process of marking a vehicle as stolen, or would unmark one? I hate being able to jump in an abandoned car and get away with it.

Everything else sounds good, and I'll definitely be waiting for what you come up with whenever you get around to it.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:03 AM Edited by onetidd, 28 February 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Hello well i've tried that script but the game crashed i've that error log:

2013-02-28 00:19:18 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
at GTA.NetHook.Tick()
2013-02-28 00:19:20 - Error during NetHook.Tick:
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Scripting.NativeContext2.Invoke(SByte* name, NativeContext2* cxt)
at GTA.Native.Function.BaseCall(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Function.Call(String Name, Parameter[] Arguments)
at GTA.Native.Template.Invoke()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.RemoteEvent(RemoteEventArgs ev)
at GTA.ScriptDomain.ProcessRemoteEvents()
at GTA.ScriptDomain.Tick()
at GTA.NetHook.Tick()

Dunno what to do ... i have these mods on it:
ArrestWarrant.Main'!
Ass.Ass'!
stealingCars.stealingCars'!
Interacting.Interacting'!
CQC.Fight'!
TestScriptCS.Smoking'!

And atleast:
RealTraffic.asi
Skorpro Parked Cars v1.3
SpeedoIV.asi

Please help me: GTA 4 1.0.4 VERSION I HAVE 8 GO OF RAM

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Try running each mod by itself, to see which one causes the error.

onetidd
  • onetidd

972 Represent'

• Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:34 AM Edited by onetidd, 01 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

It's okay i will try it tonight... But i've found on other it seems it's stealingCars.stealingCars from crime_city.net.dll that cause many problems.. I will try it.

SOLVED

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

AA, I think I've noticed a bug. I was in a chase that started at 1-star, went to 2-stars and I was ID'd, escalated to a 3-star, managed to escape, but ended up with a 4-star warrant and alert. My crime value settings (still default I think) wouldn't add up the three crimes to a 4-star warrant, so I don't know how it happened.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:09 PM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 10 March 2013 - 11:14 PM.

Sorry development is taking so long. Like I said before, school has been keeping me busy. And then some bugs (affecting investigating cops in cars) took about a whole day to figure out. I think I've fixed most of them, but let me know if you notice anything strange.

@The Loot
Thanks for reporting that bug it's fixed now. I haven't had time to implement your investigation ideas, but I still plan to.

Anyway, I've updated my previous post with Prerelease 4. Here are the changes since Prerelease 3:

- Tweaked cop behavior:
. . . . They're alerted when they see a nearby cop running after you.
. . . . They run slower when investigating.
. . . . High Alert is cancelled if you save, die, or go to Pay 'n' Spray (due to time passed).
. . . . Dispatch Delay triggers every time your wanted level rises.
. . . . The game deletes cops less often during Dispatch Delay when your wanted level is over 1 star.
- Added INI settings:
. . . . SeeCopRunAlert: alert for seeing running cop = this setting * difference between cops' alert levels.
. . . . DispatchDelay_OnlyAtChaseStart: enable to make cops spawn normally after the first delay.
. . . . StarsToRecognizeVehicle: how many stars your vehicle needs to alert cops on sight.
. . . . InvestigationWalkSpeed, etc.: multipliers for movement speed of investigating cops.
- Tweaked INI settings:
. . . . Increased default "TrackingRange_OnFoot" from 200 to 250.
. . . . Increased default "TrackingRange_InCar" from 250 to 300.
. . . . Renamed "DispatchDelaySeconds" to "DispatchDelay_Seconds", decreased default from 20 to 15.
. . . . Replaced "NeedHighNotorietyToRecognize" with "StarsToRecognizeFace". Default is 3.
- Fixed bugs:
. . . . Some critical cop statistics (like distance and vision) didn't update during chases.
. . . . Crimes added to warrant were often 1 star higher than they should have been.
. . . . Notoriety stars didn't show during High Alert if you had no notoriety.
. . . . Previous chase wasn't resumed from High Alert in certain situations (like reckless driving).
- The "vehicle identified" message says whether it's for a past crime or new one.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Sounds awesome, I'll give it a go.

Bondergomme
  • Bondergomme

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:14 AM

During Crime and Punishment, this cop at 5:26 don't follow the mission script, he continue to drive normally.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

Thanks for the bug report! I'll look into it. Might know how to fix it. For now, please just press PageDown+NumPad5 to temporarily toggle the mod off, until the cop leaves and you can take his car.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (Bondergomme @ Thursday, Mar 14 2013, 20:14)
During Crime and Punishment, this cop at 5:26 don't follow the mission script, he continue to drive normally.

Actually just did that mission myself, and the same thing happened.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

Yeah, I think I can guess what's happening there. Will investigate this weekend if I can.

ModsIncorporated
  • ModsIncorporated

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hey you should add secret police like regular citizens that will be watching you but have no markers. if they stare at you for too long you get wanted.

SPARTAN 0659
  • SPARTAN 0659

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

I keep getting this error. Any solutions?

user posted image

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

To fix the error "System.MissingMethodException: Method not found", just get the latest .NET script hook here!

Everyone,
Sorry that development has been on hiatus since prerelease 4. I suffered a personal tragedy a few weeks ago, and now school and work are keeping me busy again.

@ModsIncorporated
I like the idea of plainclothes cops. I might add that sometime, although GTA5 will probably be out before I get to it...

SPARTAN 0659
  • SPARTAN 0659

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

I have an idea for the future update. Why not add the option to surrender? Pressing a hot-key to make Niko put his hands up and get on his knees. So no matter what wanted level you have, if the police see you stop running and get on your knees with your hands up, they stop shooting and approach you followed up by an arrest. And pressing the hot-key again will take Niko out of his surrendering position, continuing the chase. I hope this is something simple and not too complicated to create judging by someone with much scripting talent such as yourself. And I really hope you take it into consideration. Keep up the good work!

Sharks80fr
  • Sharks80fr

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by Sharks80fr, 20 April 2013 - 05:28 PM.

i have to say i really love your mod, it makes the game so much realistic and fun ! thanks !

I tried the last update and it's working great for me, i havn't seen any issue yet but i'm also not a player who kill 10 AI in a minute so ..
But i have to ask you a question, is it possible to make the cops interact AI ? i mean the first time i try this update, i went out of my house, an idiot step on my foot and then he falls so he starts saying sh*t like " get out of my way ... " and then he punched me ( i didn't punch him back ), i ran in front of a police car so they'll arrest him but they just did not care confused.gif cops actually react to stuff like that in the game without your mod.

Also, i don't think it will be possible but that will be cool if you can add stuff like, when AI hit a cop or a police car with a vehicle they react to them like they do with the player, try to arrest them, asking for IDs or something like this !

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

I love this mod but i have noticed with it activated the police are completely unable to chase me in vehicles, they are so dumbed down that its less fun, whats gta without car chases. Could you tell me how to edit it so i can disable what ever it is that causes this please?

Walter Longfingers
  • Walter Longfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hey, AngryAmoeba, can you take the "confiscate weapons on chasedeath" code for this mod and the "lose cash on chasedeath" part of the Bank Account mod and put them in a separate script? I like the features this mod brings to the table but it doesn't work with the Bank Account mod (having stars added to your warrant makes me lose all of my money for some reason.)

ramonfunkedyobish
  • ramonfunkedyobish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hello, AngryAmoeba. Im new to the forums. I tested out your arrest warrant script (the pre-release one) and i found an error while pulling out my gun in front of the police. I pulled out my gun in front of a cop car to see how they react to me holding a gun. They see it and the script thingy on the top left corner confirms that they saw the weapon. Now, after they get out the car to apprehend me, i get the error in the arrest warrant.main (or something like that), and the script aborts. I hope this info helped out. Next time, ill try sending you a video clip or a screenshot of it.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

@XXLpeanuts
What do you mean? They still chase me. They're awful at driving, but they try.

@Walter Longfingers
I use Arrest Warrant and Bank Account together, and I've never experienced that bug. Can anyone else reproduce it?

@ramonfunkedyobish
What's the error message? Check your ScriptHookDotNet.log file.

Walter Longfingers
  • Walter Longfingers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Monday, May 6 2013, 16:17)
@XXLpeanuts
What do you mean? They still chase me. They're awful at driving, but they try.

@Walter Longfingers
I use Arrest Warrant and Bank Account together, and I've never experienced that bug. Can anyone else reproduce it?

@ramonfunkedyobish
What's the error message? Check your ScriptHookDotNet.log file.

Well if it's just me then you shouldn't worry about it. A separate script for "arrest and death punishments" is an idea you still could look into expanding, should you ever add the option to surrender to this mod.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hey, AA.

A quick thing about the Persistent Cop script you released a while back. Even when "Show Blips" is set to false, they still show up, and also, the setting that's supposed to be a blue blip is actually white.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

You're right. Sorry about that! I didn't have time test it, but here's another version: http://www.mediafire...Cops_v1.0.3.zip

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

No problem. I decided to start using it alongside Arrest Warrant so more cops would stick around during and after chases, which makes it a bit more fun.

Speaking of Arrest Warrant, I've noticed that having "ClearWarrant_OnChaseDeath" set to false is having no effect, at least for high alert. I like to pretend that Niko escapes from the Hospital and the cops would be looking for him. You could also just add an option that would automatically add the crime to the warrant if killed during a chase, since it makes sense the cops would make sure to know exactly who he was.

Actually, I kind of like that idea better; no high alert needed since they think he's in custody, but they'd recognize him if they saw him walking around the streets.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Ever think of working clothing into the mod? Like wearing the ski-mask should grant you an immediate star (if a cop sees you) but keep you from being identified. Wearing the biker jacket should make cops more weary of you (ie interrogating you immediately) and the LSD uniform should make for easier getaways. If the player is wearing Claude's outfit, why not have the wanted level go up three stars when the player is seen? Could be fun to play in conjunction with heist mods.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by The Loot, 19 June 2013 - 08:12 AM.

Adding support for clothing would be great, but I'm not sure how much is possible with things like that.

Hey, AA, can you check to see if cops leaving vehicles to investigate is set up at the red level? I swear I've had plenty of times when they'll come after me at only yellow.

One more thing, would it be possible to have Noose and FBI not get alerted unless you have a 3-Star warrant or alert level? I have them and their vehicles spawn occasionally in traffic, and it's a bit silly to have them care about minor things.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

I think having effects attached to clothes can be done since HippieCommunist was able to do it with the LSD uniform, but I have no idea how he did it so yeah.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 20 June 2013 - 01:28 AM.

@jykl
I like the idea, and I know how to do some of it. I still haven't figured out how to detect the ski mask, but the biker jacket and LSD uniform should be easy. I'll add it to the to-do list.

@The Loot
Do you mean "ClearWarrant_OnChaseDeath = false" works properly (i.e. the warrant isn't cleared), but you also want the crime to be added to the warrant? I can do that.

Cops leaving vehicles to investigate: If you're on foot, they won't get out until they're red. But if you're in a nearby vehicle, they'll get out at yellow. That made sense when I coded it, but now it seems confusing and stupid. I'll change it to red for both situations.

NOOSE and FBI: Instead of just having them not get alerted, I'll make them harder to alert when your warrant/High Alert level is below the StarsToRecognizeFace setting. That way they'll still care if you're doing something ridiculous like driving 100 MPH down the sidewalk, crashing into benches and poles. (There will be an INI setting for how much harder it is to alert them.)

Again, sorry development is so slow. School and work have taken over my life! Hopefully I can get these changes into v1.1 Prerelease 5 sometime soon-ish. Thanks to everyone for your support, bug reports, and suggestions!

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by The Loot, 21 June 2013 - 02:33 AM.

Do you mean "ClearWarrant_OnChaseDeath = false" works properly (i.e. the warrant isn't cleared), but you also want the crime to be added to the warrant? I can do that.

Ah, yes, that's what I mean. Also an option to have High Alert happen after a death.

Cops leaving vehicles to investigate: If you're on foot, they won't get out until they're red. But if you're in a nearby vehicle, they'll get out at yellow. That made sense when I coded it, but now it seems confusing and stupid. I'll change it to red for both situations.

Even though they aren't good at it, have them try to follow in their car when yellow would work too.

NOOSE and FBI: Instead of just having them not get alerted, I'll make them harder to alert when your warrant/High Alert level is below the StarsToRecognizeFace setting. That way they'll still care if you're doing something ridiculous like driving 100 MPH down the sidewalk, crashing into benches and poles. (There will be an INI setting for how much harder it is to alert them.)

That sound just fine.

Again, sorry development is so slow. School and work have taken over my life! Hopefully I can get these changes into v1.1 Prerelease 5 sometime soon-ish. Thanks to everyone for your support, bug reports, and suggestions!

Take your time, it's just a game.

Edit: Narrowed down a bug. When a chase resumes, high alert does not seem to happen when you escape again.

Also, how does the dispatch delay work? I know the game has a setting SNT can use, but when it happens, some cops seem to ignore Niko for a bit. Firing a gun near or at them fixes them, but cops in cars drive away slightly erratically and the helicopter just leaves and despawns.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users