• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:44 AM

Ooh nice thanks man!! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Josheh
  • Josheh

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

Really should allow a fake I.D. or something so if they ask you, you don't 100% of the time get arrested or killed etc...

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

I seriously considered it, but in many situations it just didn't make sense to let you go just because you showed an ID. And now I don't have time to implement new features anymore, due to school and work...

Browzer
  • Browzer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

I CANNOT get this to work. it says install it to the scipts folder, but I don't have a scripts folder. I DO have script hooks installed. so please help

RokDrk
  • RokDrk

Meh SomeGuy

• Members

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Slap yourself plz... die.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm not sure what the problem was, but Browzer and I exchanged a couple PMs, and he got it working. cool.gif

MAKC
  • MAKC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

is there any way to get this working with 1040? the latest scripthook makes my game crash and arrest warrant gets script errors in the older one. i used to play 1070 but 1040 supports way more mods and you get better graphics with icenhancer for example

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:02 AM

Yes, the crashing problem is caused by the C++ scripthook, which is included with the .NET scripthook. Simply download this older version of ScriptHook.dll and replace the one that you have. If you still get errors in 1.0.4.0, please paste them here from your ScriptHookDotNet.log file.

MAKC
  • MAKC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

thanks man. forgot i posted here and ive been using your mod for a week and it was running great until now. the surrender bug has stricken me. idk whats causing it but whenever im wanted and i shoot nico puts his hands up and you cant do anything..

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

The surrender bug is caused by the Ticket mod by HippieCommunist. I suspect that the bug will occur even if you don't have Arrest Warrant, but it may actually be a conflict between Ticket and Arrest Warrant. Hard to say what that conflict might be, though...

If you like, I can send you an edited version of Ticket where the whole surrendering feature is removed.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Sunday, Sep 9 2012, 02:22)
The surrender bug is caused by the Ticket mod by HippieCommunist. I suspect that the bug will occur even if you don't have Arrest Warrant, but it may actually be a conflict between Ticket and Arrest Warrant. Hard to say what that conflict might be, though...

If you like, I can send you an edited version of Ticket where the whole surrendering feature is removed.

I have a version of Ticket that has the surrendering feature disabled. The mod works pretty well with Arrest Warrant but some people that play my GTA IV w/ mods setup, sometimes inadvertently basically surrender themselves to the cops for that 1 star ticket.

I think Arrest Warrant is one of the must have GTA IV mods for a challenge/realism, and I have some suggestions:

Like my idea in that private message to you, I think you should integrate the limited helicopters idea into this mod. When you take down enough police helicopters they are disabled, they stop coming because they can't afford to have unlimited helicopters. But if you die or so much in game time passes the helicopters are re-enabled. It may be possible to do a similar thing with the FIB guys and NOOSE/SWAT teams. But at least if we could take out 8 choppers or something by 6 stars it would give us a fighting chance, and create a whole new atmosphere to the high-stakes, intense shootouts after 4 stars. Or perhaps when after police choppers have been destroyed along with the Annihilator choppers, police start using Helitours choppers and have a longer dispatch time? I don't know, but limited choppers integrated into this mod sounds like a great idea. It makes sense that the normal cops keep coming, they are incompetent rookies usually, cannon fodder (as evident by the recruitment signs all over LC). They can almost always be replaced, but helicopters would make more sense to have some 'cool down time', for lack of a better term.

And my other suggestion is to have a ticket feature integrated into the mod, so there's less confusion, less bugs, and more cohesion and consistence with this mod. I love how this mod expands the wanted level system and in a way introduces a Sub-1-star wanted system. It would be amazing to see how far this idea can go, but I seriously think that it would be great and fit right in, these two ideas, with the mod, and shouldn't be too much trouble for someone with your skills/experience.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:39 AM

I do like the limited helicopters idea, but I'm not sure I've got the time to do it anytime soon, due to school and work. If I do try it, I'll probably make it a separate mod, just to avoid making the Arrest Warrant code even more insane... (Looking back at my code, it's terrible, and a real pain to try to get back into. I'd like to do some serious code cleanup, but even that would take longer than I have time for.)

I considered adding a ticket system to Arrest Warrant a while back, but I hoped I could just improve compatibility with Ticket so that it felt like a part of the mod. That didn't work out. If I have a lot of free time eventually, I'd like to ask HippieCommunist if he'd mind me copying his work and integrating the same functionality into my mod.

these two ideas [...] shouldn't be too much trouble for someone with your skills/experience.

They're definitely possible, but you might be surprised how long it takes (at least for me) to implement and test something like a ticketing system. bored.gif

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:29 AM Edited by The Loot, 30 September 2012 - 11:01 AM.

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 21:39)
I considered adding a ticket system to Arrest Warrant a while back, but I hoped I could just improve compatibility with Ticket so that it felt like a part of the mod. That didn't work out. If I have a lot of free time eventually, I'd like to ask HippieCommunist if he'd mind me copying his work and integrating the same functionality into my mod.
m. bored.gif

Oh yes, please do. I love the idea of having One Star ratings as just ticketable offenses, but the oddities with this and the ticket mod just didn't work well.

Quick thing: Could you add "being in an emergency vehicle" to the alert actions?

Just thought I'd share a short story.

Niko had just shaken a Level Three and was meandering down the street, when a Noose team (thanks to cp702's Traffic Spawner over at LCPDFR.com) pulled up around the corner. They started to get suspicious pretty quick, and, to Niko's dismay ended up driving towards him. They got to fully alerted in a hurry and moved up, Niko took off and they opened fire and the chase was on again.

Also, I don't know what's going on, but I swear crimes aren't being added to the record after being ID'd. It could be a conflict, but I'm not sure. I'll test it alone and see. I think it was due to me using the auto drive function in SNT.

Thanks again for this mod!

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

I love hearing about people's experiences with the mod. smile.gif I've spent so much time methodically testing it (or just playing as a mostly law-abiding citizen) that it's hard to imagine the various scenarios that you guys might encounter.

I can definitely add a "being in an emergency vehicle" alert condition! Hopefully tomorrow I'll upload a tiny update with only that change unless you can think of any other quick, simple changes or additions you'd like.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 00:42)
I love hearing about people's experiences with the mod. smile.gif I've spent so much time methodically testing it (or just playing as a mostly law-abiding citizen) that it's hard to imagine the various scenarios that you guys might encounter.

I can definitely add a "being in an emergency vehicle" alert condition! Hopefully tomorrow I'll upload a tiny update with only that change unless you can think of any other quick, simple changes or additions you'd like.

I've also been using someones mod that removes your wanted level if you stay out of sight for a time. I set it to a minute, and been using it so make it seem like they decide you aren't in the search area, and I have high alert always active as to not make it too easy.

Only other thing I can think of would be to make you automatically be identified for a new crime if your wanted level goes up during a chase when you've been identified earlier. Other than adding the ticketing functions, or other theoretical and probably impossible new functions, that's all I got.

ch3y3zze
  • ch3y3zze

ni**erKILLER

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:37 PM Edited by ch3y3zze, 06 October 2012 - 06:40 PM.

lol, i wrote that out of sight mod (LoseCops iirc) ;D glad u like it

@AA

ive been wanting to write a script that lets players lose cops if they are able to switch cars while out of sight or if u change your clothes out of sight, i think these would be nice features in yoiur mod... i just never got to it because so busy with other stuff

so imagine, ur being chased by the cops, you are able to get into a parking garage, u switch cars and drive out of the garage and cops either lose wanted level or it satrts a timer to lose the wanted level but if seen again stops timer. I think it would be cool and if u like i can provide more detail

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Changes in v1.0.4
- Police get alerted when you're driving an emergency vehicle nearby.
. . . . Added "Driving_EmergencyVehicle" INI setting to tweak this.
- You're instantly IDed for new stars in a chase if you were already IDed (reverted from v0.9.9).
. . . . Added "NewStarsInstantID" INI setting if set to "false", you must be IDed by a new cop or seen by a cop who already IDed you.
- Minor code cleanup

@The Loot
That's actually how it worked once, but in v0.9.9 I changed it so you had to be spotted again for the new crime. I see how that could be weird though, so I've reverted it to the behavior you described. If anyone liked it the other way, they can disable NewStarsInstantID in the INI.

@ch3y3zze
Vanilla GTA4 sort of does that for cars: if you switch cars during a chase, the police will have to get closer than usual to see you. That makes it easier to slip out of the search radius. I experimented with a similar thing for clothing, where the police remembered the last outfit they saw you wearing, and the more clothing items (shirt, pants, sunglasses, etc.) you changed, the less likely they were to recognize you. But IIRC, it was overly complex and hard to communicate to the player, so I scrapped it.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Oops, I made a foolish coding mistake in v1.0.4, resulting in an awful bug. On the bright side, when I found the bug I was quickly adding "head-look" to cops. It's a pretty cool detail. (Should've added it a long time ago, but for some reason the .NET scripthook LookAt() function caused memory errors. Finally figured out that using the underlying GTA4 function directly works fine.)

Changes in v1.0.5
- Cops turn their heads to look at you when their alert indicators are green.
- Fixed bug where you were always instantly IDed when chases first started.
- Minor tweak: Decreased default VehicleID_MinSecs INI setting from 7 to 6.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (ch3y3zze)
lol, i wrote that out of sight mod (LoseCops iirc) ;D glad u like it

I am, and the "Tough Light Pole" mod. Is there a way to lower the resistance a bit? I'd like high-speed crashes in lighter vehicle to knock them over.

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba)
Oops, I made a foolish coding mistake in v1.0.4, resulting in an awful bug. On the bright side, when I found the bug I was quickly adding "head-look" to cops. It's a pretty cool detail. (Should've added it a long time ago, but for some reason the .NET scripthook LookAt() function caused memory errors. Finally figured out that using the underlying GTA4 function directly works fine.).

Sounds great, and for some reason my notifications weren't showing up, so I missed the last one anyways.

Vanilla GTA4 sort of does that for cars: if you switch cars during a chase, the police will have to get closer than usual to see you. That makes it easier to slip out of the search radius.

I actually had an awesome moment way back when I first picked up GTA4 on the Xbox. I had just finished a huge shootout with a half-dozen cops and a NooSE team, and took the Stockade they left. I decided I'd drive casually with the sirens on, and I was able to pass right by a cruiser on my way out of the area. I think it was a fluke because they always spot me when I get close any other time.

Cameryn
  • Cameryn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

This mod is just great.

DerDodga
  • DerDodga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

First of all: Great mod, this is the main reason im still playing gta4 wink.gif

Just some idea wich just came me to implement in your mod:

How about the ability to buy a fake id, so you have something to show to the cops?

maybe in different qualities so there is a possibility of the cop detecting the fake dependig on the price of the fake-id wink.gif

Greets derDodga

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the mod. biggrin.gif

A few other people have suggested fake IDs, and I've considered it, but in many cases it wouldn't really make sense. For example, if you're acting strange (pushing people, crashing your car, etc.), the police wouldn't let you go just because you have an ID, would they? And if they got suspicious just because you're notorious, a fake ID wouldn't help much because they already recognized your notorious face.

So, in my opinion if they get close enough to ask for your ID, you're already f*cked. Here are a few tips for avoiding investigating cops:
  • WALK, don't run while they can see you.
  • Break line of sight, THEN run and hide.
  • See if you can lure them into the street, then run when they get hit by a car.
  • Try my Weapon Weight mod, because it has a "hurry" button that lets you walk/run faster like in Assassin's Creed. Very helpful.

If you have any other suggestions, I do appreciate them! But I have to warn you, I'm very busy these days with school and work, so I probably don't have time to implement anything very complex...

DerDodga
  • DerDodga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Saturday, Oct 27 2012, 07:37)
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the mod. biggrin.gif

A few other people have suggested fake IDs, and I've considered it, but in many cases it wouldn't really make sense. For example, if you're acting strange (pushing people, crashing your car, etc.), the police wouldn't let you go just because you have an ID, would they? And if they got suspicious just because you're notorious, a fake ID wouldn't help much because they already recognized your notorious face.

So, in my opinion if they get close enough to ask for your ID, you're already f*cked. Here are a few tips for avoiding investigating cops:
  • WALK, don't run while they can see you.
  • Break line of sight, THEN run and hide.
  • See if you can lure them into the street, then run when they get hit by a car.
  • Try my Weapon Weight mod, because it has a "hurry" button that lets you walk/run faster like in Assassin's Creed. Very helpful.
If you have any other suggestions, I do appreciate them! But I have to warn you, I'm very busy these days with school and work, so I probably don't have time to implement anything very complex...

Ok you got a point there wink.gif

Im allready using all your mods i think since they add so much depth to the game! Rockstar should take a look at them (especially this one) for things in GTA5 i think!

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

You have combined many things into one flawless mod - Epic! biggrin.gif

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Found a bug:

user posted image

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hey AA, got a question.

Someone brought up using the deletion prevention in conjunction with LCPDFR to keep cops from disappearing immediately when they go offscreen. I thought maybe I could turn off investigations and alert levels, but it's not working correctly.

Would it be possible to get a separate mod with just that function? It'd be much appreciated.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:23 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 04 November 2012 - 07:30 AM.

@Hypertenzion
Hmmm, thanks very much for the report... but I have no idea how that error is even possible. Blip.Delete() isn't used directly in the HandleChaseInProgress() function. I'm confused. dontgetit.gif I'll ask about it in the IRC channel.

@The Loot
I can whip up a script with just deletion prevention, but keep in mind that it causes one of Arrest Warrant's worst bugs. When a cop is kept from being deleted, his behavior breaks so that when he sees an NPC criminal, instead of just chasing he'll either ignore or shoot at the NPC.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Sunday, Nov 4 2012, 00:23)
@The Loot
I can whip up a script with just deletion prevention, but keep in mind that it causes one of Arrest Warrant's worst bugs. When a cop is kept from being deleted, his behavior breaks so that when he sees an NPC criminal, instead of just chasing he'll either ignore or shoot at the NPC.

Oh, right. Well, fingers crossed that it won't break any of LCPDFR's functions.

Thanks.

Unicell
  • Unicell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Hey, can you make it so that weapons (and cash) are lost after you're killed? Kinda makes sense to do that considering that I JUST MOWED DOWN HALF OF THE POLICE FORCE.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

The "Bank Account" mod has an option to remove cash on death or arrest. I thought one AA's other mods had the weapon removal for death, but I guess not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users