Arrest Warrant

GTA4 .NET script mod notoriety police AI realism
212 replies to this topic
AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (utymmn @ Sunday, Jan 8 2012,01:00)
awesome mod, if only it worked with ticket.cs from hippiecommunist or had an equivalent feature - is that possible through modding either ticket.cs or this ini?

They're already compatible. wink.gif Is your ticket mod file renamed? Because it only works if the file is called Ticket.cs (not case-sensitive).

If it's working properly, your arrest warrant should be cleared when you get a ticket.

utymmn
  • utymmn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

AWESOME. Though this means I have an error on my end, which I cant account for... but considering the amount of mods i am running, it makes sense.

I am running the most recent arrest warrant and ticket scripts, unmodified - and i get stuck in loops. i thought i disabled everything that would conflict (wanted,wanted vehicle,driving violations mods) so i am going to have to go one by one.

thanks for the response!

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:59 AM

Changes in v1.0.1
- Added "mission complete" music when arrest warrant crimes are added/removed (can be disabled in the INI under MESSAGES).
- Increased how much cops are alerted by running, especially during High Alert.
- After bribing, any remaining High Alert time will decrease based on your remaining notoriety, instead of clearing completely.
- Cops mention reckless driving when interrogating near your car (you no longer have to be sitting in the car).
- Changed default value of "IDStatus_NumberOfCops" to false (under MESSAGES).
- Cleaned up keypress handling.
- Fixed bug where cops would steal your car.
- Fixed bug where interrogations would get stuck, breaking other parts of the mod.
- Fixed bug where cops in cars wouldn't reliably inherit the highest alert level among them.

jitsuin
  • jitsuin

Meat Popsicle

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:11 PM

^ wow cant wait to try it out biggrin.gif

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:09 AM

Amoeba, can you make the text EXACTLY like GTA IV? Like in LCPDFR?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:46 AM

Haven't tried the mod, but I just checked out a gameplay video on YouTube. Are you talking about those hints in the top left? I'm not sure how to do that stuff, but I can try! Soon. Right now I'm busy with the start of school.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

Yup, I'm talking about those hints. Makes a mod look way better. This mod would be R* caliber if you improve its look, you know! Keep up the awesome work, and enjoy school smile.gif

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

Been a while, AA, but I'm back to GTA and this mod. Very much digging all the new functions.

One thing I've noticed is that running seems to alert cops WAY too much when I'm not under high alert nor stuck with a warrant. Maybe there's no differentiation between speed in the code, but getting fully alerted from just jogging past a cop (instead of sprinting) seems a bit too much.

I've also had some trouble again with Ticket; sometimes it'll work normally and the cops will reset after a ticket, but then at times it gets stuck in an endless loop of fully alerted cops ticketing me over and over. Maybe integrating a ticket system that only works during an investigation instead of a wanted level, with an option to buy a fake ID from the bribe guy so Niko won't get arrested.

Also, now that we have traffic violations, have you thought about a mod to let us having Niko drive like the AI automatically to a player-set waypoint? I know SNT includes it, but it's clunky and cumbersome.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:47 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 24 March 2012 - 05:55 AM.

Thanks for reporting those things! I haven't had time to play recently, so I can't look for bugs like I used to.

One thing I've noticed is that running seems to alert cops WAY too much when I'm not under high alert nor stuck with a warrant. Maybe there's no differentiation between speed in the code, but getting fully alerted from just jogging past a cop (instead of sprinting) seems a bit too much.

I suspect something else alerted them, not just running. If you have no warrant, sprinting right next to a cop at full speed (even boosted with Weapon Weight's hurrying feature) shouldn't even make them 30% alerted. Although, if you were near a dead/dying person, or holding a weapon, that does increase how much the cops get alerted. But most likely, that cop had been alerted by you before, so he remembered you and easily got alerted again (I should try to find suitable cop dialogue to notify you when this happens). If nothing else could've made him suspicious, then it must be a bug I've never seen before...

Edit: Another thing — once the cop is suspicious (yellow indicator), moving any faster than walking WILL alert him very fast. If you notice a cop is yellow, just walk until you can break line-of-sight, then make sure he doesn't see you again.

I've also had some trouble again with Ticket; sometimes it'll work normally and the cops will reset after a ticket, but then at times it gets stuck in an endless loop of fully alerted cops ticketing me over and over. Maybe integrating a ticket system that only works during an investigation instead of a wanted level, with an option to buy a fake ID from the bribe guy so Niko won't get arrested.

Thought I already fixed that endless-ticket-loop bug. suicidal.gif I've been very busy lately with school, but hopefully I'll be able to find time to revisit and destroy this bug. Until then, I would either uninstall Ticket, or when the endless loop starts, turn off Arrest Warrant (PageDown+NumPad5) until ticketing is done, then turn it back on (same keys again). This won't clear your warrant or wanted vehicles.

Also, now that we have traffic violations, have you thought about a mod to let us having Niko drive like the AI automatically to a player-set waypoint? I know SNT includes it, but it's clunky and cumbersome.

I just take taxis when I don't feel like driving sanely. biggrin.gif

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Ok, did a bit of testing with the running.

OK, it's happened with both foot patrol and car patrol officers. If I run past them and then break their LoS by either getting far enough away or behind them, they go full alert (red/blue). When I get up to them, the turn green and maybe flash once, but then go straight to red/blue. This was with nothing else that should have alerted them.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:05 AM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 25 March 2012 - 04:18 AM.

I just did a few quick tests myself, and again running past a cop with no warrant had very little effect. Only alerted him 7% when I approached from behind, and 8% from the front. The only time he was alerted very easily was when I accidentally ran too close and bumped him, but even that only turned him yellow...

Does this bug occur every time you run past a cop? Or maybe just in a certain area? Could you make a video of the bug, or a series of screenshots?

Edit: Also, is he still alerted if you just walk in front of him?

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:05 AM Edited by The Loot, 25 March 2012 - 08:23 AM.

Does this bug occur every time you run past a cop? Or maybe just in a certain area? Also, is he still alerted if you just walk in front of him? Could you make a video of the bug, or a series of screenshots?

It happens ALMOST always, but I have had a few with no issue, rarely.

Running past cop in Bohan
Test 1

Running past two cops at Middle Park; Walking past one in The Triangle with no issue; Running past a cop car, also in The Triangle but alerted this time.
Test 2

Running past two STATIONARY cops near The Triangle, no issue. Patrolling cop nearby was alerted like the other videos, didn't vid that.
Test 3

Do you think running SNT, or other script mods, could affect things?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Wow, yes, something is certainly f*cked. Yeah, if you could try moving your other mods to a separate folder to see if the bug is even in my code, that'd be cool. If the bug doesn't go away, here are a couple more things that could help me find this bug...
- Do things like jumping, climbing, bumping people, holding a knife, etc. also cause this?
- Any chance you could PM me your savegame, and .ini file if you've changed it? Maybe upload them somewhere like Mediafire?

If all else fails, I'll send you a version with some debug text in the corner to see what's going on behind the scenes.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:33 AM Edited by The Loot, 25 March 2012 - 11:40 AM.

Tried it without ANY other script mods or ASI mods, and still had the exact same problems.

And yes, it actually is whenever they are alerted at all. Jumping, climbing, shoving, knife - if they lose sight of me, by distance, obstruction, or just being behind them. Something is definitely amiss.

Sending PM now...

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks again The Loot! I've fixed the bug now and uploaded an update. Turns out my code wasn't handling your INI settings properly, specifically the AlertDrainPerSec setting.

Changes in v1.0.2
- Increased default bribe costs for 4+ stars.
- Fixed bug where increased alert modifiers in the INI could make cops get alerted too fast or too slow.
- Minor tweaks to the INI file, minor code cleanup.

The Loot
  • The Loot

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Sunday, Mar 25 2012, 15:06)
Thanks again The Loot! I've fixed the bug now and uploaded an update. Turns out my code wasn't handling your INI settings properly, specifically the AlertDrainPerSec setting.

Changes in v1.0.2
- Increased default bribe costs for 4+ stars.
- Fixed bug where increased alert modifiers in the INI could make cops get alerted too fast or too slow.
- Minor tweaks to the INI file, minor code cleanup.

Seems to have fixed it! I only tried on one walking cop, but running past both directions did not lead to him getting fully alerted if I broke his sight line.

If you're up for it, I've got some suggestions I'll post when I get back from work, Thanks again!

sh1sh1n11
  • sh1sh1n11

the stunt rider!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

hey man I think you should take a look at this-

Scene-

I steal a parked bike in front of a few cops (at this point i am using only two mods, arrest warrant and ticket.cs by hippy communist) one of them then quickly approaches me.

So i get off of the bike and he fines me for one Star wanted level.

Then I get on the bike as if it were mine and drive away and they do nothing.

LOL WTF! suicidal.gif Talk about making A.I. more Intelligent notify.gif

sh1sh1n11
  • sh1sh1n11

the stunt rider!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

Also here is something I'd like you to see. Its a major bug, or is it just on my pc ... if so please help confused.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:28 PM Edited by AngryAmoeba, 24 May 2012 - 10:33 PM.

QUOTE (sh1sh1n11 @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 09:30)
I steal a parked bike in front of a few cops (at this point i am using only two mods, arrest warrant and ticket.cs by hippy communist) one of them then quickly approaches me.

LOL WTF!  suicidal.gif Talk about making A.I. more Intelligent  notify.gif

Hmm, I never considered that scenario... Because you were fined, the AI completely forgot that you stole the bike. And afterward, because you had already been on the bike before, the game considered it "your" bike.

I've also heard of a "surrendering bug", which is probably what happened in your video.

I think both of these bugs can happen even if you have just Ticket.cs and not Arrest Warrant. So, I'm not sure how to fix them with my mod...

sh1sh1n11
  • sh1sh1n11

the stunt rider!

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (AngryAmoeba @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 22:28)
QUOTE (sh1sh1n11 @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 09:30)

LOL WTF!  suicidal.gif Talk about making A.I. more Intelligent  notify.gif

Hmm, I never considered that scenario... Because you were fined, the AI completely forgot that you stole the bike. And afterward, because you had already been on the bike before, the game considered it "your" bike.

I've also heard of a "surrendering bug", which is probably what happened in your video.

I think both of these bugs can happen even if you have just Ticket.cs and not Arrest Warrant. So, I'm not sure how to fix them with my mod...

yea man the surrendering bug, I forgot to mention that... well as we get at least 1 star wanted level, In some cases the protagonist just surrenders, no matter what i do to move him just stays there, Also in this case there is another weird bug. In case i do get wanted and I am in a car, he just surrenders (does that animation of raising hands and standing) in the car, like, literally his legs are sticking out from the bottom of the car ! its hilarious to watch though tounge2.gif but seriously gotta fix it.

Maybe you can start by opening ticket.cs and look inside his code for fixing this ( if you can pls smile.gif )

Also you sure that this bug happens only while using ticket.cs ?

manu90mala
  • manu90mala

Flash Fm

• Members

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

i'm having the surrender bug too, i hope hippie looks trough it and fix it, because it is a really great thing to have the ticket/fine thing combined with the cop notoriety mod (i mean, i don't want to escape the cops if i run a red light, just take the fine)

MrSmarter22
  • MrSmarter22

Working on own Projects and cant wait for V for sure

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

GTARandom by that that I know you are reading this Thread I got problems. I tested the head model in TBOGT but its f*cked up could you make it fit luis bones?

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

What? You're in the wrong thread.

RokDrk
  • RokDrk

Meh SomeGuy

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:14 AM

Amazing mod! biggrin.gif shame it conflicts with traffic felony. confused.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Thanks!

If you like, you can disable the part of Arrest Warrant that conflicts with Traffic Felony. In the ArrestWarrant.ini file, change these settings to 0. All traffic violations will then be handled by Traffic Felony and not Arrest Warrant, and the police will still be able to give your vehicle a wanted level.
CODE
Driving_RanLight = 0
Driving_Speeding = 0
Driving_SpeedingOffRoad = 0
Driving_WrongWay = 0
Driving_HitPerson = 0
Driving_HitCar = 0
Driving_HitWall = 0
Driving_HitObject = 0
Driving_HeavyCarDamage = 0

RokDrk
  • RokDrk

Meh SomeGuy

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:12 AM Edited by RokDrk, 28 July 2012 - 06:11 AM.

Wow thx man!!! biggrin.gif

It seems though both scripts are great however they can benefit from each other.
Drive felony has the ability for peds to report your reckless driving.
While this script has the ability for cops to sort of "pull you over" (thats if you stop) when they get see you driving like a maniac.

Damn guess we can't have one's cake and eat it too biggrin.gif

[Off-Topic]
A quick question, have you figured out a way to fix hipppies criminal acts for 1.0.4.0 and prevent the crashing??? colgate.gif

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

No, I love Hippie's mods, but I've never used that one, sorry.

RokDrk
  • RokDrk

Meh SomeGuy

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thx anyway
I managed to get the car jacking working but that isn't that important, but the pickpocketing is what I'm looking for since it will make the idea of needing to raise money to pay for your warrants harder.
By having some jerk random ped steal your money.... biggrin.gif but that is where the crash comes from... suicidal.gif

dallatorre
  • dallatorre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hello! I just discovered this amazing script! I'm running it on EFLC (TBoGT)
I tried to test it with
-HaltTrafficBehind_ForArrestWarrant
-indicator.net.dll (i can turn on the indicators)
-Ticket
-CautiousDrivers (usually other drivers lock their car)
-DrunkPedsV2 (pissing peds!)

running normally i see the cops with a gray tick on their head and on the map.
while on a motorcycle i was wheeling down the center and 2 cops on the side of the road started to flash (red or blue on map)
But, i got 2 errors during my game:
Error in script 'Arrest Warrant'
one while I was exiting my car in the middle of the road and one while i was stopped in front of the red light with police officers at my side. After this second error the police officers lost their ticks (seems the script stopped)
ScripthookdotNET gave me this in the log
CODE

[...]
2012-08-01 14:04:37 -  ...successfully started script 'ArrestWarrant'!
2012-08-01 14:04:37 -  ...successfully started script 'Ticket.Ticket'!
2012-08-01 14:05:34 - Direct3D device lost!
2012-08-01 14:05:34 - Direct3D device created!
2012-08-01 14:14:18 - Error during Tick in script 'ArrestWarrant':
                     System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                        at NativeInvoke.Invoke<int,int,struct Scripting::Vector3 *,struct Scripting::Vector3 *>(SByte* name, Int32 p1, Vector3* p2, Vector3* p3)
                        at Scripting.?A0x21379c67.GetModelDimensions(Int32 , Vector3* , Vector3* )
                        at GTA.Model.GetDimensions()
                        at ArrestWarrant.GetWeaponVolume(Weapon weap)
                        at ArrestWarrant.CheckHaveCopsSpotted(SpotType thingSeen)
                        at ArrestWarrant.HandleChaseNotStarted()
                        at ArrestWarrant.ArrestWarrant_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        at GTA.Script.TryTick()
                        at GTA.Script.DoTick()
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()
2012-08-01 14:18:37 - Direct3D device lost!
2012-08-01 14:18:38 - Direct3D device created!
2012-08-01 14:19:04 - Direct3D device lost!
2012-08-01 14:19:05 - SCRIPTS TERMINATED!
2012-08-01 14:19:10 - Resetting Direct3D device!
2012-08-01 14:19:10 - Direct3D device created!

2012-08-01 14:19:10 - SEARCHING FOR SCRIPTS...
2012-08-01 14:19:10 - Loading scripts in Assembly 'scripts\ArrestWarrant.net.dll' ...
[...]
2012-08-01 14:25:53 - Error during Tick in script 'ArrestWarrant':
                     System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
                        at NativeInvoke.Invoke<int,int,struct Scripting::Vector3 *,struct Scripting::Vector3 *>(SByte* name, Int32 p1, Vector3* p2, Vector3* p3)
                        at Scripting.?A0x21379c67.GetModelDimensions(Int32 , Vector3* , Vector3* )
                        at GTA.Model.GetDimensions()
                        at ArrestWarrant.GetWeaponVolume(Weapon weap)
                        at ArrestWarrant.CheckHaveCopsSpotted(SpotType thingSeen)
                        at ArrestWarrant.HandleChaseNotStarted()
                        at ArrestWarrant.ArrestWarrant_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                        at GTA.Script.TryTick()
                        at GTA.Script.DoTick()
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()
2012-08-01 14:29:18 - Direct3D device lost!
2012-08-01 14:29:19 - Direct3D device created!
2012-08-01 14:30:27 - Direct3D device lost!
2012-08-01 14:30:27 - SCRIPTS TERMINATED!
[I closed the game here after 1/2 min]

may be the fact that your script tries to see my gun? and that i'm using EFLC? the gun i had atm were Glock, MP5, AK47, Baseball bat, RPG, molotov, parachute. ?
If the problem is that he tries to identify the weapons that are not present on standard gtaIV.. how i can tweak it?
Tank you

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for the report! You're probably right — trying to detect the parachute seems to be crashing the script. (I never got EFLC, so none of my mods are tested for it.)

I've updated the first post with a new version that hopefully fixes it:

Changes in v1.0.3
- Bribe contact is armed with a Desert Eagle.
- Fixed bugs where...
. . . . OverallAlertModifier INI setting constantly alerted all cops.
. . . . keypresses wouldn't work while holding Shift/Ctrl/Alt.
. . . . invalid weapons, like the parachute in EFLC, caused script crashes.
. . . . disabling all traffic crimes except speeding disabled speeding too.
. . . . speech audio wouldn't work while receiving a ticket (with HippieCommunist's Ticket.cs mod).
- Decreased script file size by 9% (was using the wrong compile mode before).
- Renamed LastBribeKey INI setting to PrevBribeKey.
- Very minor tweaks, optimization, and cleanup.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users