3 replies to this topic
randomizer
  • randomizer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:14 AM

user posted image

This is what happens when I play GTA SA
It has only recently started happening and I have tried reinstalling but it doesn't seem to fix the problem
Any ideas on whats wrong or how to fix it?

Running: Vista SP2
2GB RAM
796MB Graphics (Intel I think)
2Ghz Processor

Thanks

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

Try this:
1) Uninstall SA.
2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.
5) Reboot.
6) Reinstall SA.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

Intel graphics could be the issue. Try upgrading your drivers. Plus did you ever play with mods before? Because even after reinstalling, mods can be stored in a folder called VirtualStore:

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\ and delete the Rockstar Games folder if present. Then uninstall, delete the GTA SA folder from Program Files, install again and report back. This only if you have used mods before the reinstall.

Edit: Girish beat it to me. sad.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

Please When POSTING PICTURES try to select 640x480 or smaller for message boards and forums. so as to not stretch the forum and waste bandwidth. Or just use a link.

Do you have any Mods installed?
Are you playing with the Original DVD in the drive?
What Edition do you have? (V1, 2, 3) V# is in the bottom right corner of the Main Menu or on the Disc/Box.
A reinstall won't work unless you also the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).[/b]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users