Good grammar on the forums

248 replies to this topic
Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

You two, keep the off-topic arguments from this thread and use the private messaging function to do so. Despite not being the thread creator or a previous thread contributor here, your argument is quite petty, boring and in some cases annoying.

On-topic: I think that good grammar on the forums is important, because if people can understand what you're trying to say/explain, then you'll be respected more (unless your posts are negative, argumentative and what not)/ Nobody wants to respect somebody for what they think they can understand, when they can respect people for what they can understand.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:53)
who gives a damn if you're smart

I'd say pretty much anyone who isn't stupid.

Cole Phelps Gta
  • Cole Phelps Gta

#HEEL

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:23 AM Edited by Cole Phelps Gta, 03 May 2012 - 05:32 AM.

It doesn't matter what you think Bottom line is this. You will never met anyone from this forum in real life. Even if you did you would walk straight past them and never know their a gta forums member. My point is this who gives a f*ck what people on here think. I'm not suggesting you should act like me but dont take anything seriously on here.

I enjoy my time on here and talk to a few members via private message. So don't think i'm suggesting this site is pointless. I love the concept of forums and think their great. I just hate how people take grammer too seriously. Theirs just no need to brag about you're I.Q NO ONE CARES.

It's not just grammer mind you. I also hate the people who ''brag'' about having a life. We've all seen these guys you're in a thread discussing something and someone has to say '' Get a life'' ''Why are you losers talking about this ect'' I just find it pointless and hypocritical. How can you diss someone for posting on a forum when you do it too.

I have no issue with trolls atleast have add comedy relief. I just hate people who feel the need to brag online. I might be cocky but it's all done in a humorous way ( I promiss)

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 22:53)
since you lack people skills.

If Icarus lacks peoples skills do to the fact that he is smart, then what the f*ck is your excuse?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Cole Phelps Gta @ Thursday, May 3 2012, 05:23)
It doesn't matter what you think Bottom line is this. You will never met anyone from this forum in real life. Even if you did you would walk straight past them and never know their a gta forums member.

I beg to differ. Actually i saw a former member (Ronniboy) at the mall some time ago. Me him and Lega_c (another former member) keep in touch on facebook. Also i dont know if they still do this but there used to be forum meets every year i believe, granted they were regional.

Anyway conveying your point can be done with grammatical errors.

Icarus
  • Icarus

[C9] Orthonormal

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (Cole Phelps Gta @ Wednesday, May 2 2012, 23:23)
It doesn't matter what you think Bottom line is this. You will never met anyone from this forum in real life. Even if you did you would walk straight past them and never know their a gta forums member.

That's definitely not true at all.

So far, I've met Mr. Wongs, ACA, Andy and uNi. In July, I'll be meeting Kevin, Lurch, *MURDOC* and trip. I count that being eight people, and I bet that'll increase with due time.

@The General: He doesn't know what he's talking about, so there's no point in arguing with him. It'll go right over his head.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Indeed, I've met Craig, papanesta, emsixteen, STM, Jevon, Max., Pandazoot, Ottae, stretch., Bendy, Swarz, Bartleby, JayC and I know I'm forgetting some people.

RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

I know a lot of people in my area. I know I've been at the same concert as a few members on here.

RomansMoobs
  • RomansMoobs

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

I know a lot of people in my area. I know I've been at the same concert as a few members on here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users