AK47 custom

2 replies to this topic
mihcman123
  • mihcman123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hello

I would like to edit AK47 so i would cut the stock.But im new at modding gta 4 il gues i will need to cut of the stock in 3D model program.So the question is wich 3D modeling program is best for gta 4 so i could just open w_ak47.wdr cut the stock,save model and import it back in game?

AK47 would be like this:

http://imageshack.us...3/ak47gta4.png/

oh8gdk
  • oh8gdk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:52 AM Edited by oh8gdk, 11 January 2012 - 11:21 AM.

QUOTE (mihcman123 @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 16:07)
Hello

I would like to edit AK47 so i would cut the stock.But im new at modding gta 4 il gues i will need to cut of the stock in 3D model program.So the question is wich 3D modeling program is best for gta 4 so i could just open w_ak47.wdr cut the stock,save model and import it back in game?

AK47 would be like this:

That would work yes, except the character and weapon animation is for a AKM with a wooden stock. Do you have any idea what kind of a kick this thing has? 7.62x39mm is not a manageable caliber with out a stock even in semi-auto. It'd make for funny drama in GTA4 but, seriously? This is the most pointless 'rifle' ever made. I mean, it's not that much more expensive to stamp a folding MP38/40 stock to this thing, and in fact. They usually did. Sorry. Off topic a bit.

Now that I mention this. This would actually make a great mod. It has always bothered me that the "SMG" has no stock or has it's stock folded. It looks like the bastard child of an MP5A4 and MP5K, the MP5K is made controllable by the foregrip handle, but this thing obviously has the longer barrel and grip of a normal MP5. Replace it with this stockless AKM and give the gun some extra punch while you're at it?-)

mihcman123
  • mihcman123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (oh8gdk @ Wednesday, Jan 11 2012, 10:52)
QUOTE (mihcman123 @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 16:07)
Hello

AK47 would be like this:

That would work yes, except the character and weapon animation is for a AKM with a wooden stock. Do you have any idea what kind of a kick this thing has? 7.62x39mm is not a manageable caliber with out a stock even in semi-auto. It'd make for funny drama in GTA4 but, seriously? This is the most pointless 'rifle' ever made. I mean, it's not that much more expensive to stamp a folding MP38/40 stock to this thing, and in fact. They usually did. Sorry. Off topic a bit.

Now that I mention this. This would actually make a great mod. It has always bothered me that the "SMG" has no stock or has it's stock folded. It looks like the bastard child of an MP5A4 and MP5K, the MP5K is made controllable by the foregrip handle, but this thing obviously has the longer barrel and grip of a normal MP5. Replace it with this stockless AKM and give the gun some extra punch while you're at it?-)

I tried at home firing an ak74 with folded stock.And i have to say i used rope style firing and its pretty managable to use it without stock.Of coure is not for long range shootouts but it can reap apart anything at CQC.So the mod progress:I cutted off the stock + i will add multiple magazine sizes: 30,45 and drum mag 75.
Besides in war you take what you get.I was a tank driver in war and my CO hat Zastava M92 (Yugoslavian AK47) without stock.Im pretty sure Niko knows M92 very well,she was his friend for 5 years biggrin.gif.
BTW Rope technique is like you having a grip on gun its not so accurate without stock but atleast you could defend yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users