Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

Yes, I think so...

user posted image

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Top work Benny. Are you sure this works for every texture ?
I am working on the park as well, been doing this for about a month now, based on the real US central park, but I could never find "sl_cp_grass01.png" in any odr file based around the park. Did you happen to find this ? I would love to use a proper specular map for this file since we all know that as soon as the grass in the park gets wet it turns into a huge glass sheet without any detail.

Vanni83, tops trees, looks great. Not too sure about the birch textures, birch tree bark looks like this

http://images.pictur...trees-11878.jpg

Also, careful with the size of the grain in all these textures, too close and the scaling looks wrong and too zoomed in. And, careful with a bit too much repetition as can be seen in the pic above. Top stuff all.

I have a finished 1024x1024 HD gtxd ready if anyone wants it. It's 96Mb, so 3x the size of the original. I didn't notice any frame drop in using 1024 textures, so I know the RAGE engine can handle these well.

These newspaper stands are beta, but working

user posted image

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:27 PM Edited by icelaglace, 13 July 2011 - 10:32 PM.

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Wednesday, Jul 13 2011, 22:14)
Top work Benny. Are you sure this works for every texture ?
I am working on the park as well, been doing this for about a month now, based on the real US central park, but I could never find "sl_cp_grass01.png" in any odr file based around the park. Did you happen to find this ? I would love to use a proper specular map for this file since we all know that as soon as the grass in the park gets wet it turns into a huge glass sheet without any detail.

Vanni83, tops trees, looks great. Not too sure about the birch textures, birch tree bark looks like this

Also, careful with the size of the grain in all these textures, too close and the scaling looks wrong and too zoomed in. And, careful with a bit too much repetition as can be seen in the pic above. Top stuff all.

I have a finished 1024x1024 HD gtxd ready if anyone wants it. It's 96Mb, so 3x the size of the original. I didn't notice any frame drop in using 1024 textures, so I know the RAGE engine can handle these well.

These newspaper stands are beta, but working

Great to see you with us mate !
I'm still using the Beta one you sent me <3
About the Shader, normalmap and stuff.
Be careful with it guys if you play with ENB. Because ENB forces specular reading sometimes...

Anyway. now that the 1.25 is released and that i'm stopping this ENB stuff for awhile.
I'll continue texturing smile.gif

@Benny

It also works everywhere.
Even on peds. I noticed that first when i started modding the peds to replace models.
You can path different meshes and stuff.

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:22 PM Edited by Benny_, 13 July 2011 - 11:26 PM.

@DKT70: Hey, nice to see u smile.gif

Oh, yes I know this grass problem biggrin.gif

U find it in one of every "parkpieceX_mh6.wdr" file. Just export it and take a look in the *.odr file.
But I think there is a problem, because it's a layer shader with two textures and u can't edit the specularFactor.
And if u change the shader, u lose the other layer/texture.

Mh, I will try something tommorrow... smile.gif

I would be happy if u'd would give me ur gtxd.img... thanks in advance smile.gif

@Ice:
U change the model as well? mercie_blink.gif Nice!
And glad that it works and can't wait to see the result... biggrin.gif

Good night mates... I'm on leave, but I'm tired... biggrin.gif

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

U find it in one of every "parkpieceX_mh6.wdr" file. Just export it and take a look in the *.odr file.
But I think there is a problem, because it's a layer shader with two textures and u can't edit the specularFactor.
And if u change the shader, u lose the other layer/texture.

Mh, I will try something tommorrow...

Let me know if you have any success.

I would be happy if u'd would give me ur gtxd.img... thanks in advance

Yep, here you go, and anyone else who wants to try them. As usual, put the file here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\cdimages

Note, I would not try these on a 512Mb last-gen card, to be honest, or you may get some lagging.

http://www.mediafire...7128hnp7n7yhyzi

Feedback most welcome. Please have a walk around the outside of the main park and see what you think of the sidewalk.
Some pics.

user posted image
user posted image

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

@DKT:
Thank u so much. I've tested it already and u've did a great job, I really like them! Keep it up!

My girl is at work, so now I will approach the grass thing... dozingoff.gif biggrin.gif

Vanni83
  • Vanni83

I want it all!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

@ DKT : Thanks mate biggrin.gif , i know that birch isn't that bark, i can't find a proper texture for now, so i use that bark. For the size of texture and grain don't worry, most are 1024 px and looks great while zooming biggrin.gif

I love your screens , very realistic !!!

today i'll finish trees , and start to make flowers, bushes, and other stuff, i hope the img will be ended this week icon14.gif

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:55 AM

@Vanni: Maybe I'll take some Birchbark-(detail-)pics later, when I'm outside, if you're interested smile.gif ! I just don't forget to take my DSLR with me... biggrin.gif

Vanni83
  • Vanni83

I want it all!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

wow thanks, we don't have that tree in my town!!! If you could, please take an image by different distance tounge.gif
today i'm going to finish elm's tree

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:40 AM Edited by Benny_, 14 July 2011 - 08:03 AM.

It's raining at the moment, but I hope it'll stop soon... confused.gif

New tileable dozingoff.gif cobble/pebble texture... u ought to have seen the original one... just 4 textures moved together, not tileable... mercie_blink.gif very lazy R*, but we'll do that for u biggrin.gif (btw. its ICEnhancer 1.2.5... luv it inlove.gif and Ice know that biggrin.gif )
user posted image

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (Benny_ @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 01:40)
New tileable dozingoff.gif cobble/pebble texture... u ought to have seen the original one... just 4 textures moved together, not tileable... mercie_blink.gif very lazy R*, but we'll do that for u biggrin.gif
http://www.bennyvill..._14_7_28_36.jpg

biggrin.gif Awesome. Great job!

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

such fancy, very shaders, so enb, wow

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

how can i import a bigger texture than the original one? do i have to use OpenIV or is it possible with SparkIV, too?

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

@Amoeba: Hrhr, thanks smile.gif

@Marty: I just use OpenIV. There u can easily replace textures with bigger ones to *.wtd files. To replace embed textures in *.wdr files, please read GooD-NTS post on the first page.

MasterKontrol
  • MasterKontrol

"Last Of The V8 Interceptors"

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (Benny_ @ Wednesday, Jul 13 2011, 11:47)
YAY! It works! I exaggerated a bit, but its just a test... look at that kerb... smile.gif
user posted image

Wow! Benny.. I want to roll in that grass my friend... Brilliant Job Friend! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif colgate.gif

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

A video showing the path textures around the park area.

MasterKontrol
  • MasterKontrol

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

And what a pleasure to see you DKT!... so glad your doing well and enjoying your retexturing again! smile.gif Going to try your .img as i'm sure it will be slick as usual! blush.gif

Again.. WELCOME BACK! Your a ph34r.gif ...

See you Mate! wink.gif

EDIT - Also.. between You, Vanni and Benny... i think IV's Nature is about to get it's ass kicked! biggrin.gif

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

@Master: Haha, thank u... tounge.gif I was wondering, that it looks that good... it was actually just a test biggrin.gif

@DKT70: Nice vid, u chose the right track for that walk... smile.gif !
I've changed the shader of the grass to the default shader, but I don't know, it's still reflecting... and I'd lose the second layer (the grass-edge-texture). Mh, maybe there's someone who can edit the shader?
But I'm still testing... smile.gif

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:44 AM

And what a pleasure to see you DKT!... so glad your doing well and enjoying your retexturing again! smile.gif Going to try your .img as i'm sure it will be slick as usual! blush.gif

Again.. WELCOME BACK! Your a ph34r.gif ...

See you Mate

I needed a long break from this game, it drives me effing nuts. Only a few hours ago in making that video I bump into a ped, start a fight, then have the whole damn police force on my ass, and I just want to look at my textures in-game lol.gif Damn game, it seems soooo anti player, pro police. I bet I could fart next to one of those cops and the bugger would arrest me. Thank god for the trainer, only someone forgot to do the disabling of peds and cars before he made the video moto_whistle.gif That is why you often see some strange cuts in my vids because I get into fights.

Benny, damn. Keep trying. icon14.gif

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

The textures are just breathtaking! Nice work you all :3

Vanni83
  • Vanni83

I want it all!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:18 AM Edited by Vanni83, 14 July 2011 - 10:32 AM.

@ dkt : good video, i like the path and roads...did you do the park wall on the left? If you want i can make wondreful stone/concrete textures wink.gif

@ benny: don't worry i can wait for images wink.gif

@ MK : i'm at good point with vegetation, trees took time cause paint with tablet at home, but bushes and the rest will be faster and easier !!!

stay tuned: i want to change autumn leaves trees, cause are not realistic in game, and today i will show you elm tree wink.gif
(however i like to do trees cause i'm an agronomist ;P )

MasterKontrol
  • MasterKontrol

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Vanni83 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 10:18)
@ dkt : good video, i like the path and roads...did you do the park wall on the left? If you want i can make wondreful stone/concrete textures wink.gif

@ benny: don't worry i can wait for images wink.gif

@ MK : i'm at good point with vegetation, trees took time cause paint with tablet at home, but bushes and the rest will be faster and easier !!!

stay tuned: i want to change autumn leaves trees, cause are not realistic in game, and today i will show you elm tree wink.gif
(however i like to do trees cause i'm an agronomist ;P )

hahaa nice one Vanni.. you KNOW i LOVE your work my friend wink.gif keep it up! and remember...... YOU ARE A ph34r.gif ...... smile.gif

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

@ dkt : good video, i like the path and roads...did you do the park wall on the left? If you want i can make wondreful stone/concrete textures

I did do the wall. I have a few good friends on Flickr who live in Manhattan, so I asked them if they could take a few pics of the wall, the hexagon pavement, the main path through the park, etc.. so I created some textures based on those pics. My only gripe was the main stones alongside the hexagon path were taken at a slight upward angle, not directly down on them, so I had to do some perspective work and a bit of cut n paste, so there is a bit of unwanted repetition. There is also a lot of digital-camera-itus on them, haloing, colour bleed, etc..
If you want the wall, let me know and I'll post the PNG.

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

such fancy, very shaders, so enb, wow

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

i made a new seabed texture for the central park :

user posted image

What do you thunk?

Vanni83
  • Vanni83

I want it all!

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 11:07)

I did do the wall. I have a few good friends on Flickr who live in Manhattan, so I asked them if they could take a few pics of the wall, the hexagon pavement, the main path through the park, etc.. so I created some textures based on those pics. My only gripe was the main stones alongside the hexagon path were taken at a slight upward angle, not directly down on them, so I had to do some perspective work and a bit of cut n paste, so there is a bit of unwanted repetition. There is also a lot of digital-camera-itus on them, haloing, colour bleed, etc..
If you want the wall, let me know and I'll post the PNG.

wow, pretty work.... sure if you want i can add infinite detail on it and bumps sure wink.gif

DKT70
  • DKT70

RealityIV Author

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

Here are the Newspaper stands I have also finished, all based on actual NYC stands.

http://www.mediafire...r4s3404v42sos9v

Instructions:
Using OpenIV - http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388289
Download, unzip, now you have 4 wtd files.
Run OpenIV,
Browse to the following directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\props\street

Goto New, Import Open Formats, Texture Dictionary,

Now browse to the directory you extracted them and select the 4 files, save, rebuild if needed.

user posted image

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Nice project you have going here, definitely worth the effort, keep it up smile.gif

ikt
  • ikt

*poof*

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:52 AM Edited by ikt, 14 July 2011 - 11:59 AM.

QUOTE (DKT70 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 13:30)
Here are the Newspaper stands I have also finished, all based on actual NYC stands.

Instructions:
Run OpenIV,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\props\street

Now browse to the directory you extracted them and select the 4 files, save, rebuild if needed.

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/kq06t.jpg[IMG]

That looks VERY good! I'll install it immediately.

On the downside, I can't use them anymore as cover when in a firefight, they look too pretty to get shot at inlove.gif

MasterKontrol
  • MasterKontrol

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (ikt @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 11:52)
QUOTE (DKT70 @ Thursday, Jul 14 2011, 13:30)

Instructions:
Run OpenIV,

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/kq06t.jpg[IMG]

That looks VERY good! I'll install it immediately.

On the downside, I can't use them anymore as cover when in a firefight, they look to pretty to get shot at inlove.gif

Yep. VERY nice DKT........ absolutely real looking.... Great stuff man smile.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Benny_
  • Benny_

YAAYYY! \o\ \o/ /o/

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

@DKT70: Fantastic, looks great smile.gif

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Beautiful as usual DKT70.
I'll try what you told me on PM but did you manage to replace all the peds? Because maybe you already did them better than me so...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users