738 replies to this topic
raihan4
  • raihan4

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

Nice Vegs, BisonSales !

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

YOU AIN'T GOT THE BALLS TO SHOW YOUR INTERIORS!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Holy sweet jesus BisonSales. Nice work. I'll download the ass off anything you put out.  :panic:

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by BisonSales, 4 weeks ago.

Holy sweet jesus BisonSales. Nice work. I'll download the ass off anything you put out.  :panic:

Hahaha....thx Packet! Coming from you, that means a lot. :colgate: Iv'e always been a huge fan of all the work you, Ice, and the rest of the gang share with the community. Do you know if anyone is still working on this project....or anything else that has to do with GTAIV for that matter? I know Ice is finalizing 2.5...but that's about all I heard lately.

On another note, maybe you or another talented artist could help me with this tree texture. To me....something just doesn't seem right about it. I like the texture itself but, the color or contrast or brightness or whatever doesn't make it look life like. Maybe its fine and I'm just beating my head against the wall too long. Here are three screenshots (extra sunny, sunny/windy, and a wider sunny/windy) for comparison.
ic11IpB.png?1
n8H91Di.png?1
fLIU2ym.png?1
  • bst81 likes this

bst81
  • bst81

Waiting GTA V for PC

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

On another note, maybe you or another talented artist could help me with this tree texture. To me....something just doesn't seem right about it. I like the texture itself but, the color or contrast or brightness or whatever doesn't make it look life like. Maybe its fine and I'm just beating my head against the wall too long. Here are three screenshots (extra sunny, sunny/windy, and a wider sunny/windy) for comparison.

Good, . Make it more darker, would be good

In my opinion on the pictures no.3, the tree on the top right hand side ,it fits with the original/ real-life color

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by BisonSales, 2 weeks ago.

Here's a few more pics of continuing work. I decided to dump the previous light green texture and replace it with something completely different. I also added a crimson maple. Unfortunately, since the tree models suck, there are some leaves that look upside down (can't control the orientation of them). Let me know what you think.

fZSddyv.png?3

3JprhIB.png?2

wHg3sMO.png?2

d8P9IKA.png?3

• PacketOVerload_x64Bit and taskforce like this

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 2 weeks ago.

I wont pretend to know anything about the models for the trees, but if you replaced them all these ones it would be JUST fine! Haha! Awesome! Personally I think the darker, more "sage" color textures are much more realistic. Anything approaching a real green in GTA IV looks cartoony, I think. These oaker/sage color leaves are amazing. I know you can use the controls to control the color in the ENB ini :)

wHg3sMO.png?2

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Very nice stuff BisonSales!

I didn't continue much of the texturing (except vegs and roads) but we have a lot of unreleased stuff like Vanni's park, etc... Thing is Benny and Vanni, the main texture guys of the project kind of left IV since a while. Vanni or me can probably help you with the barks too. We have tons of textures from everywhere as we both work on VFX stuff.

To be sure that you have your correct result on ENB, Set everything up to 1.0, except colorPow - it'll depend of how you created your image. Try to make it fit as close as possible compared to your original texture.

You actually made me log in again on this website, lol. I never thought I would log and post anything on this website again. But hey, cool stuff here indeed.

Good luck and keep it up. Thanks.

• PacketOVerload_x64Bit likes this

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Very nice stuff BisonSales!

I didn't continue much of the texturing (except vegs and roads) but we have a lot of unreleased stuff like Vanni's park, etc... Thing is Benny and Vanni, the main texture guys of the project kind of left IV since a while. Vanni or me can probably help you with the barks too. We have tons of textures from everywhere as we both work on VFX stuff.

To be sure that you have your correct result on ENB, Set everything up to 1.0, except colorPow - it'll depend of how you created your image. Try to make it fit as close as possible compared to your original texture.

You actually made me log in again on this website, lol. I never thought I would log and post anything on this website again. But hey, cool stuff here indeed.

It would be an honor to have you guys help me. Like I said to Packet in an earlier post, I really respect you, Packet, Benny, Vanni, and others for all the hard work you all do. I've been following your work since the birth of icenhancer and am excited and eagerly awaiting 2.5.

To tell you the truth, I have always wanted to do texturing for a living but I unfortunately am plagued with red/green colorblindness so I need help from my family and friends. I am not offended if you or others point me in the correct direction because of my "condition". :p Anyway, if you want my vegs pack to mess around with or if you have any barks or whatever that I could implement, let me know how we can exchange data. 

P.S. I do have everything set to 1 in the config. My colorpow for trees is at 0.850 and my environment colorpow is 2.3. Me likey the rich colors....probably because of my stupid eyes!! Hahaha.

P.S.S. Just curious on how I made you log into here again. Did someone say something? Not being nosey....just wondering.  :colgate:

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

P.S.S. Just curious on how I made you log into here again. Did someone say something? Not being nosey....just wondering.  :colgate:

I leeched two pictures and the link to the topic and posted them on Facebook  :cookie:

icelaglace
  • icelaglace

See futures in balls

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Packet posted it on FB.

Don't worry about your colorblindness - There are more artists that are colorblind than you think. 
Just trust the math and your computer, calibrate it correct it'll help a lot already.

Don't use funky values for your colorpow, ever. Except if you're one of these guys doing ENB Mix 1070 which none of them makes sense at all.

If you want your textures to be displayed correctly, have a proper setting. Colorpow to something round and logical, 1.0 should be what you need for your texture as the game is loading it normally this way. 

I can put you in touch with Vanni or else, he's a nice guy. We both have a gigantic texture library because of our work so we can help you for sure. 

I don't know if Benny is still around but I still have him on Facebook so he still can give tips and stuff if needed.

We also had a gigantic txt file with every texture from where and what, like this object? it's in this file etc.

We sadly never had all these fancy tools at the time, compared to what we have now. The guys were very selfish , the map modders and never wanted to share it with us. I always wanted to replace the trees model by something much better even from SpeedTree or whatever...

I can give you access to 2.5 early if you want.  

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Thx Ice for those kind words and thx Packet for the facebook shoutout. If its ok......I would love to have early access to 2.5. (I promise I will not release to the public. It is not my honor to do so.) I could run all textures through an editor and adjust accordingly to your config settings so when 2.5 is publicly released (and if people wanted to use my veg pack), everything would look correct without anyone making adjustments to settings. 

Also, any other bark/leaves textures that you and Benny would be willing to let me use, I would be truly grateful. I still might need you or Benny's help to tweak colors and contrasts (when you have time, of course [BRIGADE!!!...WOOOO!!!]) I will give all credit to those who deserve it. I'm not a selfish guy, just love to be a part of the team.  :^:

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

The darker textures look fantastic in the game :inlove:

I think it's really amazing what can be done to the game if the right people work on it.

Hope to see some of the stuff released at some future point.

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

New small shrub texture I've been working on. Trying my best for you guys. Be gentle, this is my first attempt at texturing ever in any game. Just using Paint.net.

uHKba3M.png?1

ZVMX0Jf.png?1

bomCfji.png?1

• PacketOVerload_x64Bit and TJGM like this

taskforce
  • taskforce

Hustler

• Members

Posted A week ago

Very nice green tone you hit there :^:

The textures also look good.

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, A week ago.

Small shrub textures and the green tone is very, very nice. Very impressed actually. Usually I hate full on green, but they look really good. The screen I last quoted above was great as well. Your best, these and those.  :cookie:

=============

Edit:

e339f546e2dab0d4bddd631a5190c214.gif

GTAIV%202014-04-11%2001-57-22-09.jpg

950944320080262.jpg 528732320080285.jpg 8ac6a3320080250.jpg

dca685320080310.jpg 95c8ec320080427.jpg 85dd02320080455.jpg

a53335320080472.jpg 9ca9f6320080583.jpg b6a6f9320080599.jpg

ba18d3320080608.jpg 19b30f320080626.jpg f19cb2320080719.jpg

9cb8a0320080686.jpg 4d629a320080677.jpg be4bfe320080654.jpg

6e3150320080637.jpg 97d18c320080647.jpg dd43ad320080667.jpg

• TJGM and Bizzzlevrai like this

Bizzzlevrai
  • Bizzzlevrai

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

Very good job, BisonSales ! I was trying to do it myself, but I don't find good textures for all the trees.

Did you keep the original colors for the trees ? Because of the lod textures, with other pack (Vanni83, DKT70...), the colors change if I go away... It's why I tried to do it myself.

(Sorry for my english)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

Foilage textures look 'swell dude, I like it. And yeah, for some reason tree leaves tend to look flat in vanilla GTA4, or if you use ENB they tend to be oversaturated.

BisonSales
  • BisonSales

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Very good job, BisonSales ! I was trying to do it myself, but I don't find good textures for all the trees.

Did you keep the original colors for the trees ? Because of the lod textures, with other pack (Vanni83, DKT70...), the colors change if I go away... It's why I tried to do it myself.

(Sorry for my english)

Thx man. I still have to work on the lod's but I am almost finished with the texture pack itself. Its being tested by Packet and Ice as of now. Lots to do. Ice posted some pics of the latest work using 2.5. His work with lighting is astonishing and it really makes everything far more realistic. Check out his page.

Foilage textures look 'swell dude, I like it. And yeah, for some reason tree leaves tend to look flat in vanilla GTA4, or if you use ENB they tend to be oversaturated.

Thx again. Agreed that the vanilla version is flat and some ENB's are oversaturated. It takes a lot of tweaking to hit that sweet spot.

Bizzzlevrai
  • Bizzzlevrai

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 6 days ago

I know all the folders and the files in map directory, so if I can help ;-)

Of course, I follow Ice work for a long time ! I'm making an incredible mix of the best mods with my modifications to make it more realistic (script, textures, lod textures too, effects, cars...) since 2011-2012. I look forward to testing and integrating your work with the new Icenhancer.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users