66 replies to this topic
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hi there!

I'm now looking to complete GTA Liberty City Stories 100%, but I appear to have some problems that can hinder my progress. Could you please help me deal with them?

First is, what's the best way to clear those 2 Unique Jumps at Callahan Point? I can't go over the railway for the first and always seem to miss the quay for the second. Any tips?

Second, how to get a Hidden Package in the Hepburn Heights construction site? The one on the buliding in the northern part of the construction area?

Third is, my game doesn't spawn a Trashmaster at the Junkyard, and I can't seem to find one on the streets (actually I do find some, but that's during Paramedic and Firefighter missions when I'm focused on other task). But I really need to do Trash Dash, so I need one!

And the last, for now. What are the fastest vehicles, except for Thunder Rodd and Hellenbach GT that can be met in the vicinity of Porland (Banshee in "Hot Wheels" and "Made Man" don't count)

DemonBlitzKragor
  • DemonBlitzKragor

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 16:50)
Hi there!

I'm now looking to complete GTA Liberty City Stories 100%, but I appear to have some problems that can hinder my progress. Could you please help me deal with them?

First is, what's the best way to clear those 2 Unique Jumps at Callahan Point? I can't go over the railway for the first and always seem to miss the quay for the second. Any tips?

Second, how to get a Hidden Package in the Hepburn Heights construction site? The one on the buliding in the northern part of the construction area?

Third is, my game doesn't spawn a Trashmaster at the Junkyard, and I can't seem to find one on the streets (actually I do find some, but that's during Paramedic and Firefighter missions when I'm focused on other task). But I really need to do Trash Dash, so I need one!

And the last, for now. What are the fastest vehicles, except for Thunder Rodd and Hellenbach GT that can be met in the vicinity of Porland (Banshee in "Hot Wheels" and "Made Man" don't count)

I don't know at the first jump you are talking about, but for the second, just go with a PCJ-600, take a long distance and try how many times you need.

For the Trashmaster: go to Stauton Island's hospital. There's one near the parking lot.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (DemonBlitzKragor @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 19:57)
For the Trashmaster: go to Stauton Island's hospital. There's one near the parking lot.

Then just bring it to Portland, right?

As for the jump: I tried to clear that jump many times but I always miss the quay and fall into the water like without 6-8 inches reaching it!!!

DemonBlitzKragor
  • DemonBlitzKragor

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 17:02)
QUOTE (DemonBlitzKragor @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 19:57)

Then just bring it to Portland, right?

Yes.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

The Hidden Package is got by doing the unique stunt on the ruins of "Doll's House" (use a PCJ-600 to reach the top of the construction site). Then I think you just had to drop down to the package, I'm not sure since I haven't played the game in ages.

Ooooooh the fastest cars... Yeah, Portland has a lack of any sports rides, but the Leone Sentinel and police car are two really fast ones. I think the Diablo Stallion can go pretty fast too.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

You mean, it can't be snatched by jumping from the L-train track before completing "Blow Up Dolls"?

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

No, that's pretty much impossible. Of course one way to reach the rooftop is to use a helicopter from Calm Before the Storm if it can be flown that far colgate.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

OK, some more tips, please.

Here's the list of side missions on Portland I've encountered/completed that far. Is anything missing?
  • Scooter Shooter
  • 9mm Mayhem
  • RC Triad Takedown
  • Thrashin' RC
  • Trash Dash
  • Bumps & Grinds
  • Scrapyard Challenge
  • Wong Side Of The Tracks
  • Noodle Punk
Is there anything else?

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

Slash TV, you need to wear the Overalls costume and go to the big ship in the southeastern corner of Portland Harbor. It needs to be done twice.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:45 PM

I don't have the Overalls now, means I'll be doing it later.

And what about Thrashin' RC? How much times does it need to be done?

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

3 times, with one extra lap added on each new try.

BTW, as for that second Unique Jump you mentioned, is it the one where you need to jump across the water in the southwest corner of the island? That's actually kind of simple with the PCJ-600, you just have to steer to the right while also maintaining a very high speed. Completing the jump without drowning is an achievement for sure.

Proud Fool
  • Proud Fool

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

You can get the construction yard package before Doll's House buy running along the El track and jumping across to the roof, then jump off on top of the package.
There's a sniper rifle up there too if you want it.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 23:48)
3 times, with one extra lap added on each new try.

AAWW sh*t! I'm angry to crap after completing Round 1 of it, noe I'm supposed to do 2 more Rounds..
but I think I'm getting used to the RC Bandit controls a bit now...

I tried jumping from the L-Train tracks onto the COnstruction site, but somehow I always miss it, be it on foot or on Sanchez or PCJ 600. Maybe someone can show me a position to start from and/or place to jump?...

Now, another problem: Bumps & Grinds. Any tips on the tracks? I often fall of the bike and can't complete the tracks in time... Any places on any tracks I should REALLY be aware of?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Carbonox @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 23:48)
I tried jumping from the L-Train tracks onto the COnstruction site, but somehow I always miss it, be it on foot or on Sanchez or PCJ 600. Maybe someone can show me a position to start from and/or place to jump?...

Check out this video starting from 1:00.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Well, as a matter of fact, I knew this... But my question was: how to jump from the L-train tracks to collect the Hidden Package BEFORE "Blow Up Dolls"? (advice given by Proud Fool)

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

^As a friendly reminder I didn't say that smile.gif But I always thought the train tracks were a bit too far and too low to act as a means of getting up there.

As for Bumps & Grinds, be patient... The target times are usually easy to beat as long as you stay on the bike. If there's a jump, don't try any fancy tricks, and focus on keeping the bike on its wheels and pointing at the right direction. IMO, the dirt track in VCS was much more difficult because of its bridges and stuff.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

Hey, guys, I need a bit of help again.

I've done all side missions on Portland so far, except for Slash TV and two more tires of Thrashin' RC (I have doubts to whether the last one need to be completed thrice), also completed Firefighter, Ambulance, collected 36 Hidden Packages, completed 6 Rampages and performed 12 Unique Jumps.

I'm going to do Taxi for now, but I have a question: is it possible to do Vigilante for me now (I haven't even completed "Slacker" yet, but I've stocked up some MAC ammo) or should it be left for later?

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

For hidden package in hepbrun heights is simple. You just have to follow train tracks. Then you see a under construction building. Jump it, and then search for a hole in the last floor. And finally just walk notify.gif

Gary-X
  • Gary-X

Introducing Bats to Faces since 2001

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

It is possible to do the Vigilante Missions at this time, just stock up on A LOT of MAC Ammo.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Friday, Jul 22 2011, 14:01)
...follow train tracks. Then you see a under construction building. Jump it,..

But... where to jump from, I mean, what is the exact location of the L-train tracks I have to be standing on to perform a jump? I always miss!

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

I don't

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Now, I'm currently completing Car Salesman mission, and it seems to be a real problem to me: how do I know when a buyer will request a color change?

I know that the "fast car" and the "slow car" buyers request repairs as soon as their car gets a slightest scratch, but the "off-road car" and "crime car" buyers do not need a repair.

The problem is, sometimes a "off-road" car buyer is requesting a change of color, and it can be a pain in the ass to pay $ 100 because I was doing stunts he needed to impress him.

So, two questions:
1. Is there any way to know for sure when a buyer will be requesting a color change?
2. Do the "crime car" buyers ever request a color change? Because I got to Level 5 and none of them wanted a respray.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

I think it's kind of random. Don't worry about it, paying $100 a few times is not a problem if you're done with so many side missions.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

The problem is, I'll be paying to much!

Normally I wouldn't care about how much I spend, but I really begin to get obsessed with it: see, I drive into the spray shop, get out and then some speeding away asshole bumps my car and damages it. I go back and respray, and the story repeats! Almost every time!

They often tend to bump my cars so badly that it results in failing the mission...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

LOL! Today I passed the Car Salesman Level 6 without respraying a single time!!!

Man, that has certainly brightened me day!

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

For the Unique Stunts, try getting a lot of speed,
I prefer Using lean Forward button, tapping it or 'Raping" it, try doing that fastest as you can!
For vehicle, better us PCJ-600.
For package, you need a bike, PCJ-600
Do the same thing done in the video around 1:30:

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:46 PM

But I haven't passed "Blow Up Dolls" yet! So that means that method is unavailable to me.

But bloody hell, I knew it myself and I've been told about it several times. What I wonder about is, is it possible to collect the pakcage using the method Proud Fool mentioned in this post???

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:53 PM

Need help!

I've recently finished the 'Overdose of Trouble' mission, and soon I got a call from Salvatore unlocking 'Contra-Banned' mission. But I haven't still completed the 'Rollercoaster Ride'.

Will this call I received seal off that mission and will it prevent me from getting 100%?

Last time I played I finished Salvatore's string before starting Maria's missions.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:05 AM

No one has ever said it's possible to lock yourself out of story missions in LCS, only GTA III makes it possible I recall...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

How do you know for sure? If nobody said so doesn't mean it can't be happening!

I wonder what will happen to me now? When I come to Salvatore's place, the 'Contra-Banned' mission is started, even though I didn't complete 'Rollercoaster Ride'! Will I be able to reaccept the mission at some point later? Or should I restart?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users