Quantcast

» «
Photo

Next Generation Graphics for Visual IV (Using ENB)

323 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:36 PM Edited by nkjellman, 31 July 2011 - 01:40 AM.

QUOTE (Patrib1103 @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 11:15)
Not Designs, but Desings Accelerator. It is a realistic graphic mod to GTA IV just like yours. It is without any ENBs and works on the newest patch without any bugs. It's not as great like ICEnhancer 1.25, but I think it is a bit better than yours. That's because of the realism. Here's a link to the video of the mod.

PS: It also gives new graphics to it like Directx 11. That gives the game alot more Anti-aliasing wihtout making the game lag so much like it would with the ENB on Anti-aliasing.

Id perfer this. Thats to dark and grey looking to be realistic. In my oppinion its ok. But I did like the evnings kinda. But Id perfer this.

Also Im aiming at realisom but I dont want it to be dark, desaturated, and depressing. Real life does not look like that. I may find out a way to slightly decrease the color in this mod, but not by much.

Edit: Time for an update. A shot of the new reflections. What do you guys think? Remember to be honist and constructive, because it leads to a much better mod. smile.gif
user posted image

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:28 AM Edited by vava720, 31 July 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Hey !

Nice pic ! But to be honest, I don't really like this reflection. There is only one pic, one camera angle... so it's hard to say :s but on this one I think the reflections are too dark. I'm searching good exemples of reflections I like on the ENB thread, well the last pictures from depeasant3 have god good reflections ; it's not at all a mirror car tounge.gif but reflections are detailed, thin, and probably more realistic smile.gif

http://img-fotki.yan..._98aa7e54_L.jpg
http://img-fotki.yan..._65c346ad_L.jpg
http://img-fotki.yan..._932fce50_L.jpg
http://img-fotki.yan..._545e6a31_L.jpg

What do you think of that ?

BTW, is there a way to make work skylighting and SSAO in 1.0.7 and EFLC ? whatsthat.gif

RomerJon17 Pro
  • RomerJon17 Pro

Ansett4Sims - Absolutely

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 17:28)
Hey !

Nice pic ! But to be honest, I don't really like this reflection. There is only one pic, one camera angle... so it's hard to say :s but on this one I think the reflections are too dark. I'm searching good exemples of reflections I like on the ENB thread, well the last pictures from depeasant3 have god good reflections ; it's not at all a mirror car tounge.gif but reflections are detailed, thin, and probably more realistic smile.gif

http://img-fotki.yan..._98aa7e54_L.jpg
http://img-fotki.yan..._65c346ad_L.jpg
http://img-fotki.yan..._932fce50_L.jpg
http://img-fotki.yan..._545e6a31_L.jpg

What do you think of that ?

BTW, is there a way to make work skylighting and SSAO in 1.0.7 and EFLC ? whatsthat.gif

I like that biggrin.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:46 PM Edited by nkjellman, 01 August 2011 - 03:43 AM.

I agree with Vava720. I think I need a reflection thats some what in between this one and the old one. Ill work on it. If I use reflections for patch 4 settings Ill get the mirror effect, so I need to make my own.

Edit: So here is the result. I think it looks great. What do you guys think?
user posted image

Ok so, I see that sometimes things look too bright. So not in this upcoming version, but in a newer version, Im planning on making my own texture pack for the mod. It will not realy be new textures, but they will be sharpend, and they will be darkend. For example the roads and the grass. Im probaly going to try to make them look like summer time, and have them fit with the mod by darkening, and adding more color to the textures. Keep in mind that Im talking about the textures that kinda look bright and waushed out, for example the parking lot in the pic I posted. But Ill make sure that it looks more like summer time because thats the atmosphere Im trying to make. Besides the LC map, I may darken some of the WTC textures from hbx84's mod. The darker and more colorfull textures may look silly with out this mod but with it they will fit. I may use some new textures, for the grass, and use an existing mod for the trees (summer green). In my oppinion the ground is what needs to be retextured. ENB series settings can look great if they have a texture pack that has the colors adjusted would look awsome. So what do you guys think of my future plans?

gtasadude
  • gtasadude

Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:30 AM

The cars look a little like plastic at the moment. I don't know whether that's related to the reflections or not, but it doesn't look like light realistically bounces off the vehicles. Those screens from Dpeasant are a great example of how to reach a good look smile.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (gtasadude @ Monday, Aug 1 2011, 04:30)
The cars look a little like plastic at the moment. I don't know whether that's related to the reflections or not, but it doesn't look like light realistically bounces off the vehicles. Those screens from Dpeasant are a great example of how to reach a good look smile.gif

Do you want to explain. I dont see how it looks like plastic as plastic is not that reflective.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 21:46)
I agree with Vava720. I think I need a reflection thats some what in between this one and the old one. Ill work on it. If I use reflections for patch 4 settings Ill get the mirror effect, so I need to make my own.

http://img42.imagesh...20118123148.png

Ok so, I see that sometimes things look too bright. So not in this upcoming version, but in a newer version, Im planning on making my own texture pack for the mod. It will not realy be new textures, but they will be sharpend, and they will be darkend. For example the roads and the grass. Im probaly going to try to make them look like summer time, and have them fit with the mod by darkening, and adding more color to the textures. Keep in mind that Im talking about the textures that kinda look bright and waushed out, for example the parking lot in the pic I posted. But Ill make sure that it looks more like summer time because thats the atmosphere Im trying to make. Besides the LC map, I may darken some of the WTC textures from hbx84's mod. The darker and more colorfull textures may look silly with out this mod but with it they will fit. I may use some new textures, for the grass, and use an existing mod for the trees (summer green). In my oppinion the ground is what needs to be retextured. ENB series settings can look great if they have a texture pack that has the colors adjusted would look awsome. So what do you guys think of my future plans?

The result is good now, way better than the first try biggrin.gif

Your project is ambitious ! But it's a very good idea.
But the Ultimate Textures 2.0 or Better City Textures are a bit like you say... they make all the textures darker and more coloreful for the grass and all, you should try it before spending time on your own mod wink.gif

For the road textures from gtxd.img, the best for now is DKT90 HD Road Textures inlove.gif and also, for the trees, I think the better mod is Vanni83's Trees Mod, the textures are better than any other trees mod I've tested lol.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Monday, Aug 1 2011, 05:37)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Jul 31 2011, 21:46)

http://img42.imagesh...20118123148.png

The result is good now, way better than the first try biggrin.gif

Your project is ambitious ! But it's a very good idea.
But the Ultimate Textures 2.0 or Better City Textures are a bit like you say... they make all the textures darker and more coloreful for the grass and all, you should try it before spending time on your own mod wink.gif

For the road textures from gtxd.img, the best for now is DKT90 HD Road Textures inlove.gif and also, for the trees, I think the better mod is Vanni83's Trees Mod, the textures are better than any other trees mod I've tested lol.gif

Ill try those both. But there is still some editing to do. As you can tell Im using DKT90's road textures, and there great, but too clean. Ill try both of the mods and see what its like, but I dont want the one where the roads are litterly black.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:01 AM

Okay smile.gif good luck for the hard work of retexturing !

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Monday, Aug 1 2011, 07:01)
Okay smile.gif good luck for the hard work of retexturing !

Im not going to do all of that lol. I was going to retexture some of the WTC so its a little darker.

Patrib1103
  • Patrib1103

Badass on GTA IV

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 16:29)
QUOTE (Dpeasant3 @ Saturday, Jul 30 2011, 16:22)
First: you cant magically force the game to use DX 11. Period. GTA4 can use dx10, but it cant dx11.
Second: this magical AA is just post effect, and it was in GTA 4 from the very beginning. This mod only increases the density of this effect and thats it(either trough visualsettings.dat or through default game shaders).
Basically, this mod only changes timecyc and visualsetts, aside from some textures and shaders like Ultimate graphics tweak. Thats it. I cant beleive people still think that it adds dx11.

I wanted to "hear" someone competent about this. Thanks you for your answer wink.gif

The magical post effect for the Anti-aliasing wasn't shown until patch 6 and 7. The effect could have been hidden, but not shown from the beginning. And you are also wrong about the DX 11. You say you can't force it to run DX11, but someone just proved that it is possible. You can't say that no one can force it to DX11 when someone just have done that already for a long time ago, that just don't make any sense.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

I have some screens from the Better City Texture Pack with this mod. I think we may have some work to do with the saturation. I dont want to make the game look like a Mario game, but I dont want to desaturate it and make it look like a sad depressing game, and unrealistic. No intention to be rude, but if someone thinks that dark and desaturated is what real life looks like, I feal sorry for you, and you should contact your eye doctor. But the texture pack took care of the brightness problem. I need a little less saturation, but more color power maybe. Ill give it a shot later. But for now here are the shots.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

But before that, any other texture packs you guys would recomend me trying? This fixed the brightness problem, but its way to saturated to even look real.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:21 AM Edited by vava720, 01 August 2011 - 01:58 PM.

lol yeah on these screens, too much saturation, the grass is too green biggrin.gif

But these screens are with the Better City Textures.
You can try the Ultimate Textures 2.0 : http://www.gta-downl...e-textures.html
I'm using it with your ENB and It looks very good tounge.gif

EDIT : I'm using Ultimate Textures 2.0 and I've just taken some screens (midday ingame) at the same place as you biggrin.gif
It's not as colored and cartoon as the Better City Textures, watch this !

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, for me, it looks perfect with the Ultimate Textures 2.0 inlove.gif
P.S. I really suggest you to use Vanni83 Trees mod : EDIT : new version of vanni83 trees mod (1.2) inlove.gif http://www.multiupload.com/DUFQGS6332
Look in my screens how it's perfect with your ENB ! lol.gif

New screens with last vanni83 trees mod and also with Ultimate Textures 2.0 ; see my post here :
http://www.gtaforums...entry1060638310

And yeah, I really think your ENB fits PERFECTLY with ultimate textures 2.0, DKT90 road textures, and vanni83 trees icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:15 PM Edited by nkjellman, 01 August 2011 - 11:10 PM.

Well to me it looks to cartoony. Everything else is fine with both texture packs, , but the grass needs retexturing. Im aiming for a summer time look.

Reflections & trees Update:
user posted image

@Vava720: I tryed Ultamate Texture Pack 2.0. Its great with this mod. But I may make new grass textures, and I may use new tree textures if Im going to make it look like summer.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:02 AM Edited by vava720, 02 August 2011 - 01:42 PM.

Hello ! smile.gif

Reflections looks PERFECT in this screen, I love it !
And do you think too that the Ultimate Textures 2.0 is better than the Better City Textures for your ENB ?
For the trees textures, you will use wich mod ?

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Aug 1 2011, 20:15)
Well to me it looks to cartoony. Everything else is fine with both texture packs, , but the grass needs retexturing. Im aiming for a summer time look.

Reflections & trees Update:
user posted image

@Vava720: I tryed Ultamate Texture Pack 2.0. Its great with this mod. But I may make new grass textures, and I may use new tree textures if Im going to make it look like summer.

Nice work man wink.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Tuesday, Aug 2 2011, 06:02)
Hello ! smile.gif

Reflections looks PERFECT in this screen, I love it !
And do you think too that the Ultimate Textures 2.0 is better than the Better City Textures for your ENB ?
For the trees textures, you will use wich mod ?

Ill use the tree textures you posted. However, I may edit them so they are summer green. Im going with a summer look because the look of these graphics looks more bright like summer.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hello !

Today I have a qestion biggrin.gif

What will you change/improve in the new version ? We know for the good reflexions, but maybe other new things ?

lalalala93
  • lalalala93

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:44 AM

nk those reflections are f*cking epic, you have nailed that perfectly

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

I love this new reflections nkjellman, I want moree car body reflections!! tounge.gif

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Hey ! I've done some new screens biggrin.gif
Click on a picture to see it in 1680x1050 tounge2.gif
5 pics per weather, but I display only 2 pics, and the 3 others are only a link you can click on icon14.gif

Sunny

user posted image

user posted image

Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Windy

user posted image

user posted image

Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Cloudy :

user posted image

user posted image

Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

Raining

user posted image

user posted image

Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

It looks goooood !!! cookie.gif lol.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

Nice job vava. I may release Beta 2 tomarrow.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:41 AM Edited by vava720, 08 August 2011 - 06:46 AM.

Hey ! Thanks tounge.gif I can't wait to test the new one !! lol.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 06:41)
Hey ! Thanks tounge.gif I can't wait to test the new one !! lol.gif

Not much has changed, so a new version wont be released yet. Because not much has changed Ill release an update so you have to download the original version and then the new version, which Ill upload in a moment.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

Okay smile.gif well it will be quick to download and install XD

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 06:46)

Bet you will lol, because its up now. You guys need the first release installed before you install the update.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 07:03)
QUOTE (vava720 @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 06:46)

Bet you will lol, because its up now. You guys need the first release installed before you install the update.

I lol'd XD you made quick to release, I was thinking to wait tomorrow lol.gif

I download and test that RIGHT NOW tounge.gif I will make screens cool.gif

Luckydoggy
  • Luckydoggy

BitchingMan

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:17 AM

Wow this next gen visualIV looks good.

vava720
  • vava720

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:32 AM

Three lil' screens I've just done with the new enbeffect.ini inlove.gif
I made them quick so not a very good camera angle and all turn.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Luckydoggy
  • Luckydoggy

BitchingMan

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (vava720 @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 07:32)
Three lil' screens I've just done with the new enbeffect.ini inlove.gif
I made them quick so not a very good camera angle and all turn.gif

snip

I say looks nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users