Carmageddon: Reincarnation

76 replies to this topic
reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Damage Tech Demo:

Looking good even with those temporary textures.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Watching the wheel slip off the rim was so freaking awesome.

Crashes look really good, let's just hope for a repair button though :p

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:26 PM Edited by Fireman, 01 March 2014 - 07:26 PM.

Early Access release date at 27th of March (this month).

Not sure what it will contain, but here's the press release:

Carmageddon: Reincarnation to launch as an Early Access release on Steam! Blood, Laughs, Amazing Pile-ups and more Cows than ever!

Friday, 28th February 2014. Isle of Wight, UK. Stainless Games announces that on the 27th of March 2014, fans who have been waiting for what has seemed an eternity (but is actually a mere 17 years) will finally be able to play the sequel to the original “points for pedestrians” car smash carnage-fest Carmageddon, as the Early Access release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation launches on Steam.

From the 27th of March 2014, the legion of long time Carmageddon fans, plus lovers of excess virtual violence everywhere will get to wreak havoc, pain and hilarity once more. This Early Access release is a milestone, as it marks the beginning of a new era in the Carmageddon story. Kickstarter Backers will be able to get behind the wheel two weeks before the Steam Early Access release.

The resulting game (which is now at the Pre-Alpha phase) has even more laughs, more bodily fluids, more thrills, more smashes and more... cows than ever.

“It’s brilliant to see our demonic baby rise screaming from the grave,” said Patrick Buckland, co-founder and CEO of Stainless Games and creative genius behind Carmageddon, “This time we could finally do the stuff that we wanted to do 17 years ago. More blood was the main thing. Rivers of livers – that’s what we wanted. Being publisher as well as developer means we get to be stupid. Properly, professionally stupid. And this game is stupider than Jupiter. I mean really silly – but in a good way. Nobody else makes games that make you cry with laughter – but we do. And did I mention the livers?"

Neil ‘Nobby’ Barnden, co-founder, Brand Director and “the other one” behind the original Carmageddon, added: “Blood and laughs. Amazing pile-ups. Awesome PowerUps. Insane… Insanity. The team is fantastic, the love we have for the title shines through, and even though the game is still pre-alpha it’s a bloody hoot to play!”

Previously having had tremendous success resurrecting the original title for mobile devices (with over 3 million copies downloaded to iOS and Android devices in the year since it was launched), this PC Steam version is an all-new endeavour that the team (including most of the team who made the 1997 original) has been working on for over two years. It started as a self-funded project with a skeleton team, was then part-funded by a highly successful Kickstarter Campaign in 2012 and further investment in 2013 from one of the company shareholders Les Edgar.

About Steam Early Access
Early Access is a service on Steam that allows developers to release functional but yet-incomplete products to the service, and allows users to buy the title and help provide testing and feedback towards the final production. Through the community’s involvement these games evolve as the developers updates and add content with feedback from the players.

About Stainless Games
Stainless Games Ltd. is an independent British video game developer based in Newport, Isle of Wight, U.K. They are a highly successful developer, with a raft of experience and copious titles released across all platforms. But today, it’s all about just one thing. Carmageddon is coming back. And it wants your granny.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

I don't have time at the moment to go through the whole thread and see if anyone else has mentioned this, but was everyone aware the 'Les Edgar' is the head of TVR Automotive Ltd, who recently acquired the TVR brand from the previous owner, Nicholas Smolensky, with the intention of putting TVR back into the business of producing cars?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

I don't have time at the moment to go through the whole thread and see if anyone else has mentioned this, but was everyone aware the 'Les Edgar' is the head of TVR Automotive Ltd, who recently acquired the TVR brand from the previous owner, Nicholas Smolensky, with the intention of putting TVR back into the business of producing cars?

Not in this thread, but it's been brought up in one of the previous Carmageddon threads.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

OK. Well, either way, the man is clearly some sort of demi-god. Seriously, bringing back TVR and Carmageddon? Seems to me like his entire career is engineered towards making me kick holes in the walls with excitement.

• Fireman likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:29 PM Edited by Fireman, 03 March 2014 - 01:04 PM.

Backers get access to the Early Access pre-alpha at 14 March, two weeks ahead of everyone else.

My new PC came in yesterday but it doesn't work yet :x Better get it together..

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

they need to get reincarnation out there for sure. i remember when carmageddon 2 was out..... hours of fun... will defo buy this one.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Game is now available to Kickstarter and Paypal backers.

I personally have too much peformance issues to enjoy playing it, but even then I do enjoy certain parts of it.

ZeroSafe5615
  • ZeroSafe5615

392 HEMI all day everyday

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

I have to wait until the 27th, as I'm a $20 paypal pledger and I was stupid not to pledge when I had the money and the KS was still running. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not jumping on it.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by Fireman, 3 weeks ago.

I have to wait until the 27th, as I'm a $20 paypal pledger and I was stupid not to pledge when I had the money and the KS was still running. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not jumping on it.

I wouldn't kick myself to hard, for most people it's unplayable.

I can play it somewhat, but not enough to be fun. With 0-2 FPS during hitting peds or crashing into opponents.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Fireman, 3 weeks ago.

Early Access is now available from Steam!

Official Press Release

Carmageddon: Reincarnation launches on PC as Steam Early Access title

Thursday, 13th March 2014. Stainless Games Ltd., Newport, Isle of Wight, UK. Carmageddon: Reincarnation for PC is today released as an Early Access title via the Steam client.

“Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access is your chance to experience the development of the game as it progresses from pre-alpha towards completion." said Neil “nobby” Barnden, Stainless co-founder and Carmageddon Brand Director. "By choosing Early Access not only are you getting the game NOW and at a significant discount, you'll get to follow the development and help us tune and improve the game to be the best it can be.” he continued, “We’ve been having an absolute blast smashing the sh*t out of stuff for the last fortnight while our Kickstarter Backers had their exclusive peek at the game, and now it’s time for everyone else to share in the simple joy of granny splattering and penguin evisceration.”

The Early Access release features three levels that the player can explore, each varied in size and character, at a different stage of development, and all demonstrating the potential of the game’s sandbox gameplay and anarchic humour. There are six varied cars to choose from, a wide range of peds to hunt down, and a plethora of mad PowerUps to play with. Regular updates will see the range of levels, vehicles and juicy STUFF expand, and more game modes implemented. Multiplayer will follow in a major future update.

The game is currently at the pre-alpha stage, and buyers can therefore take advantage of the Early Access pricing before the game gets to its “final release” stage later in the year, at which point the price will rise. Players who buy the Early Access game will get all hotfixes and updates, right up to and including the final release. So there’s a real incentive to get strapped in at this stage and enjoy the ride to completion, but at a discount!

The launch coincides with the release of a new promotional video for the game, called “The Wheels on the Bus”.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation is described as, “The perfect way to unwind after a killing spree.” by Patrick Buckland, Stainless Games CEO.

I personally haven't found any settings yet which make it playable, but I'll let you know when I do! Meanwhile here's a livestream:

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

ur mom cooks socks

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can't put together a decent PC any time in the near future, so I'm waiting for my console peasant release. Good to see Carmageddon back on the map for real, though.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can't put together a decent PC any time in the near future, so I'm waiting for my console peasant release. Good to see Carmageddon back on the map for real, though.

I've build a new PC 3 weeks ago with high specs and still can't play it, but they're releasing an update at the end of April which is suppose to increase performance, so I'll see how that goes.

Kickstarter Backers can also expect part of their physical rewards soon.

oysterbarron
  • oysterbarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by oysterbarron, 2 weeks ago.

Lol I'm running a i5 3.8ghz 16 gb 1600mhz ddr3 and 2 x asus p2980x's running it from an ssd and it runs sh*te! look forward to the update as it appears that the last one was only a bug fix.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Should be the end of April, I dont get how others get to play it, someone made a nice gameplay trailer:

gta_aus
  • gta_aus

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

What? When did this happen?? I can't f*cking wait. Now I just have to wait for a Redneck Rampage remake and my life will be complete!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users