Photo

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

79 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

$500,000 (THATS HALF A MILLION) reached!

And just for that nobby made a video about a cat humping his arm:

Also some news for everyone who pledges $50 or more, they get this alternative Eagle model, which works as a chainsaw!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

See the first footage here (pre-alpha, they use it as a developing tool):

We're working our way around the original "Blood on the Rooftops" track, as a test-bed for prototyping and developing the game. It involves designing and building the level geometry, working out the ped tech, testing handling, collision shape mods, physics stuff, PUp ideas, etc. etc... Basically, this prototyping process enables us to write the WHOLE GAME, and have fun while we do it! biggrin.gif It’s the same way that we developed the original game – as a constantly evolving prototype (based on a solid, written core design, of course!). The approach is: Get something up and playable as early as possible, then try stuff out!

This level teaser is intended only as a first impression of progress on the level construction for Carmageddon: Reincarnation. The vehicle, pedestrians their AI and their animations, plus the special effects, are ALL placeholder. The pedestrians in the clips we’ve edited together here were set up to be EXTRA easy to dismember (It’s a simple script editing job to set how well a ped holds together in an impact, again something that’ll be fun to MOD) because we thought it would be fun to spray plenty of blood about.

The level/game has NO optimisation of any kind yet, so EVERYTHING is being processed at ALL times - all the geometry, and around 1000 peds (hence the choppy framerate!). The level is in early/mid stage of construction, and so textures and detailing is missing, even from the more "finished" looking sections. And it goes without saying, In other words, IT'S EARLY DAYS!

More videos of development progress will be available to our Kickstarter VIPs in the dedicated area of the forums at carmageddon.com, once the campaign ends and the game development continues apace.

We hope you enjoy the little peek into progress. Over the coming weeks and months we look forward to sharing news and views of the progress with you, and hearing your comments and thoughts about it.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

I can't belive in what I see, how they manage to keep that old feeling of Carma II because is exactly what I see, and some objects from them, like the roadblocks (yellow-black lines reference). The blood needs to be more dark-red, though. And look how immense the city looks like with all those skyscrapers. I love the roads texture.

And everything on a pre-alpha.

I'm sure the nightmares are coming back orly.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Monday, Jun 4 2012, 20:51)
I can't belive in what I see, how they manage to keep that old feeling of Carma II because is exactly what I see, and some objects from them, like the roadblocks (yellow-black lines reference). The blood needs to be more dark-red, though. And look how immense the city looks like with all those skyscrapers. I love the roads texture.

And everything on a pre-alpha.

I had that Carmageddojn II feeling as well. Probably because of the colors and the not-yet completd peds though.

They're probably going to throw a couple of brown dirt layers over the city to make it feel more like Carmageddon I.

The article says they'll use this main level for tesing every single thing and once everything is set they can make the other levels without any big problems... that's their idea anyway.

That car is the alternative eagle model you get if you pledge $50,- or more. It's exclusive to Kickstarter backers.

In 48 hours the Kickstarter campaign ends and Paypal will open up for all yous Europeans without credit cards..

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

looking like the old games thats very good i cant wait

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

It's the last day of the Kickstarter, last chance to donate and gets kickstarter exclusive sh*t!

Anyway, here's a video:

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

They just hit the $600,000 stretch target with 5 hours still to go. That means they will do a Linux and Mac OS version of the new Carmagedon.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:28 PM Edited by Fireman, 07 June 2012 - 01:50 PM.

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Wednesday, Jun 6 2012, 21:35)
They just hit the $600,000 stretch target with 5 hours still to go.  That means they will do a Linux and Mac OS version of the new Carmagedon.

I wasn't awake anymore when it happened, a shame!

Still it's great that's it's been funded for 156% with $60,000 on the last day!

Can't wait to get my secret access to the Kickstart backers forums.

Also cleaned and updated the first post, looks a bit better now.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:10 PM Edited by Fireman, 21 March 2013 - 02:53 PM.

The PayPal donations are now open for business, just log into your account at Carmageddon.com (which everyone should have by now) and use this link.

You can now only pledge for the game release.

$20 PayPal Pledge

You'll get the released game, to download from Steam, playable on PC, Mac or Linux. As well as the Steam version, you will be offered a DRM-free, caffeine free, gluten free, born free non-Steam version of the PC game to download. This version will have no Steamworks functionality and will support single player and LAN multiplayer only.

All other reward tiers are no longer available.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

A pretty giant update for any backers about the financial budget for the game:

Hey Carmafans!

Yes, it’s Budget Day for the nation – as every man, woman and child in the country holds their breath, waiting to find out… Exactly how much has Stainless Games got to spend on making Carmageddon: Reincarnation?

Great News! You’ll probably recall that we announced briefly just before Christmas that the budget for Carmageddon: Reincarnation was to be increased, to allow us to target next gen platform as well as PC (plus Mac/Linux) and roll everything into a coordinated cross-platform release. Well, on the eve of this year’s GDC in San Francisco, Stainless is proud to announce our funding partner in the project is Les Edgar. Les is a shareholder in Stainless, founder of Bullfrog Productions and a former VP of EA Europe. He’s been involved with Stainless for many years, and as a highly valued colleague and friend his investment – both financial and in terms of the wealth of experience he brings to the table – is massively appreciated.

The extra investment brings the total fund for development to $3.5m. We’re really excited at the opportunity this gives us to deliver exactly what Carmageddon is all about, and what we know you fans want – great gameplay, crazy humour, and unprecedented FUN. And what’s fantastic is that we can now do this in a truly independent production, across the range of platforms, that will maximise its impact and blast the brand back into life for gamers right across the globe!

The Official Press Release
Stainless Games Ltd. Completes $3.5 Million Investment Round to Fuel Development on CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION

Newport --- Stainless Games Ltd. announces that the company has successfully completed a $3.5 million funding round for the development of the next iteration of CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION on the next gen platforms. Les Edgar, shareholder of Stainless Games, founder of Bullfrog Productions and former VP of EA's European Studios has bridged the final part of the required funding for this development. This investment follows Stainless Games’ successful KICKSTARTER funding campaign the studio ran during June 2012 that contributed to the development of the PC release of CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION.

“We are delighted to have fully funded CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION without having to go outside of the collective of our own company, shareholders and fans. It allows us to maintain a true independence and creative control whilst not having to compromise quality or content by budgetary constraints. ” said Patrick Buckland, CEO and co-founder of Stainless Games.

“For an independent, privately owned company to achieve this, is a testament to our strength and to the loyalty of our fans.” he added.

Following the successful release of the iOS version of the original CARMAGEDDON game on both iPhone and iPad late last year (and their pending ANDROID app release of the title), Stainless Games has completed another major goal in its mission to resurrect this legendary IP and reintroduce it to a new generation of fans. The finance secured during the last weeks by Stainless Games management and board will aid the company in expanding the development and launch of the next gen instalment – CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION.

“I have always had a great belief in Stainless, and I really admire their continued success as one of the leading indie dev studios. The Carmageddon name is one we all want to see rise again, and I know that in the hands of its original creators, we’re bound to get the best out of the brand.” said Les Edgar. “I’m delighted to be on board and helping make the project happen.”

The new title CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION is set to re-engage the millions of players who enjoyed the previous versions for their excellent gameplay and irreverent humour; introduce a whole new generation of gamers to the legendary brand; and reinforce Stainless Games' position as a strong independent developer driving unprecedented engagement for its players across all games they develop on any platform. Stainless Games Ltd. is an approved next gen developer and the experience, merit, knowledge and development discipline combined with this investment is a great indicator of the quality to be expected when CARMAGEDDON: REINCARNATION is unleashed.

Stainless said “Let there be gibs!” And there were gibs.

For people who are concernded about how this will influence the PC release, here's a quote from Nobby:

It's completely understandable that any mention of consoles sends shudders of dismay and cynicism through large swathes of the gaming community. We've all been burned by assertions that the next version of one of our beloved titles definitely won't be ruined by the fact that it will also be coming to consoles... only for the games to duly appear and be completely ruined... And always because the game has been drastically "adjusted" to pander to the console market. Personally, I've always been a massive FPS fan, and the market of games I can now look forward to has shrunk to almost nothing, thanks (IMO) to general erosion caused by this pattern of behaviour by devs/publishers.

But why would any of you guys really think that we'd go down this path with Carmageddon? When we've waited so long (and paid a very substantial sum) to get the full rights to the Brand back - and consequently are equally as excited as any of you to play the fruits of our labours.

Please, pause to consider this: My team and I here have been working towards the release of C:R since getting those rights back, and all work on pre-production and now on production has been solely on PC. We shelved console development early on to concentrate on the core platform development, and the PC will continue to be our primary dev platform. Yes, it will be imperative to get the UI and the controls "console friendly" - but then many of us play driving games on PC using a controller, so we'd want all that functionality anyway. And yes, there will be demands on the development that are console specific - but that's no reason for us to feel those changes need to be retro-fitted to the PC game.

Remember - WE are the Publishers now. And thanks to the extra funding coming from our close ally Les Edgar, we have no masters overseeing our work (who might in other circumstances have had their own criteria to satisfy) other than ourselves... and YOU the FANS, of course!

I announced in the pre-Christmas blog that the extra funding would mean that we're now planning a coordinated cross-platform release, and that meant we had changed from our original plan to "release something as early as possible". We all feel that this is the right move - as it means the new game will be completely polished at launch and will have a far bigger impact on the market. This is critically important in our plans for a major reboot of the Carma Brand.

We intend to make Carmageddon what it deserves to be - a world leading Brand; a name that is synonymous with outstanding gameplay and bloody, riotous FUN! We'll fail miserably in that aim if we can't give everyone who plays it the same experience we want to have ourselves!

Lastly - thanks to everyone who's posting here, either with passionate support or reservations. We appreciate that you're doing so because you care deeply about the game. And I want you to know that we really appreciate your activity right across the forums - even though (due to the small matter of working on making that game!) we don't respond directly as often as you and we would ideally like.

I love passionate posts like these.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Wow, that was one hell of a thread bump, I guess I can mention here that I actually got to meet sim from Stainless Games, and she's just as awesome in person as she appears to be in the videos! Also got a few Carmageddon Bumper Stickers to!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Sunday, Mar 24 2013, 04:54)
Wow, that was one hell of a thread bump, I guess I can mention here that I actually got to meet sim from Stainless Games, and she's just as awesome in person as she appears to be in the videos! Also got a few Carmageddon Bumper Stickers to!

That's awesome, where did you meet her? At the IOS promoting thingie?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 13:59)

Met her at EuroGamer Expo, yeah that's when they was promoting and showing off Classic Carmageddon for iOS, was happy to talk about how the games coming along andstuff, which I thought was pretty cool.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 14:42)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Mar 25 2013, 13:59)

Met her at EuroGamer Expo, yeah that's when they was promoting and showing off Classic Carmageddon for iOS, was happy to talk about how the games coming along andstuff, which I thought was pretty cool.

We got to download the game for free, but I don't have any type of tablet or mobile phone so I couldn't play it, kind of sucked.

But yeah, the thread bump was because of the lack of updates (unfortunately) and this being the first big update in a long while.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Bit of an update for Android users. Stainless have just announced the Android version of the original Carmageddon will be available from the 10th May. As a thank you they are making the full game free to download for 24 hours.

Carmageddon will be popping up on Google Play, Friday 10th May! We can hear Bleak City residents panicking already! smile.gif

As promised, as a token of our appreciation for your continued support and enthusiasm, an exclusive PROMO edition of the game will be available FREE for the first 24 hours on Google Play (this is the FULL game for free!)

http://www.carmagedd...s-youre-looking

Trailer for the Android version :-

Kinda scary to think when I first played Carmageddon it was on a bloody Pentium 166mhz, I think my pet gold fish had more memory than the PC. Now we can play the game on these "wafer" thin phones. Needless to say I will be there on the 10th downloading it for my Nexus 4 and 7.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

thx for the heads up

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I unfortunately don't have an Android, nor a Mac, I have an old Toshiba tounge.gif

Shame, thanks for the info though I'll put it in first post as well

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

A head's up, today it's Carmageddon for free on Android and iOS. Just check the store. It's the full version as well, how nice of them!

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:19 AM

game is free for 24 hours on android here
https://play.google....ZGRvbnByb21vIl0.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (kudoboi @ Friday, May 10 2013, 06:19)
game is free for 24 hours on android here
https://play.google....ZGRvbnByb21vIl0.

Did you get it kudoboi?

It plays surprisingly well and it's almost as good as the original. Graphics are a bit dated, even with the updates but that's fine imo.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:07 AM Edited by Fireman, 27 September 2013 - 04:11 PM.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation coming to Steam Early Access Q1 2014.

Here's the official press release:

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Release programme announced

Thursday, 26th September 2013. Isle of Wight, UK. Stainless Games today announced that it is to launch an Early Access release programme for its car combat game, “Carmageddon: Reincarnation”, during Q1 of 2014. Early Access will be available for PC, via Steam.

“Early Access” is an option that’s becoming an increasingly popular delivery method, as it allows fans to start playing the game before the “final release” date. The Early Access game will be released with a number of levels, cars and game modes, and more content will then be added in updates over the following months.

Once the Early Access programme launches, players will have the option to buy the game content at a variety of tiered prices, starting with the standard game package and leading up to a full package bundle that will include all DLC and all future released material at an all-inclusive price. (All the Kickstarter and Paypal Backers who pledged $15 or more for the game will receive the standard game package bundle for free, as that content is released.)

Jason Garber, Publishing Director at Stainless Games said, “We are delighted to be making this announcement today. Anticipation for the arrival of this new chapter in the life of the Carmageddon Brand has been building since we regained the rights. The existing Carmageddon community and a whole new generation of fans is out there waiting for this, and with Early Access on Steam they’ll be able to play, engage with us and give feedback as we continue towards the full release.”

Carmageddon: Reincarnation will reintroduce the gaming public to the anarchic physics playground, where your car is your weapon and the world is awash with crazy power-ups, adrenaline pumping events and mad challenges. The original Carmageddon was released in 1997, and pioneered the concept of “drive anywhere, play the way you want to play” gaming. It was both celebrated and controversial in equal measure, winning awards while gaining notoriety as the poster child for everything that’s wrong – and therefore right – in videogames.

Neil Barnden, Stainless Co-Founder and Brand Director said, “We’re really excited that the world will soon have Carmageddon unleashed upon it again. The good, the bad, and the elderly… they’re all fair game on the streets of Bleak City where the cars are carnivores and the cows’ bowels are loosening. Max Damage is BACK – and he wants to make a hood ornament out of your granny’s giblets!”

The new game will also be released on next gen console during 2014, with Mac and Linux versions coming too.

Stainless Games CEO Patrick Buckland said, “Carmageddon: Reincarnation is coming. You cannot run. You cannot hide. All you can do is to play it, or die.”

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by Fireman, 27 September 2013 - 04:12 PM.

Here's an update regarding the DLC for backers:

Stainless is Listening!

ALL KICKSTARTER/PAYPAL BACKERS WHO PAID TO RECEIVE THE GAME WILL GET THE FULL GAME PLUS ALL DLC!

Thursday, 26th September 2013. Isle of Wight, UK. Earlier today, Stainless Games Ltd. announced its Early Access plans for the release of Carmageddon: Reincarnation on Steam in Q1, 2014. Stainless also talked about how the final game would be followed by DLC packages to signal the company’s continued commitment to the game beyond the “final release”.

However, the announcement had the unforeseen consequence of causing confusion and some disquiet among the community who have backed the game’s development. Some commentators in the Kickstarter community made the point that it seemed unfair that the Backers weren’t now going to get the “whole” game – including all future DLC.

Jason Garber, Publishing Director at Stainless, said, “As the day went on, we kept discussing the feedback from the community, and it became clear that they had a valid point. And so we’ve decided to act on that point. We’ve concluded that the fair thing to do would be to make this announcement – that EVERY Kickstarter and Paypal Backer who pledged the $15 and above for a copy of the game will be eligible to get The Full Package. They’ll get the full, final version of Carmageddon: Reincarnation and ALL DLC, for the REST OF TIME.

Neil Barnden, Brand Director for Carmageddon, said, “We have always listened to the community, and felt that in this instance we’d clearly got it wrong the first time round. So it was imperative to make it clear how important the Backers remain to us, and deal with this as swiftly and positively as possible.”

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Carmageddon was one of my first games. Still remember how me and my bro played it non stop for ages. Then one day I walked into the shop and I saw Carmageddon Splat Pack which I never even heard of before, so of course I bought it. Loved the new characters and especially the cars, but I wasn't too crazy about the new maps. It was also buggy as hell, but at least it was still loads of fun..

I remember getting Carmageddon 2 and loving the new graphics and physics. Then I bought TDR2000 but I never really enjoyed it. Hated the missions, hated the zombies, hated the maps, and the game just always crashed or froze or whatever, so I just threw it away...

It's been years since I last played any Carmageddon game, so I can't wait for Reincarnation.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

Carmageddon 1 and 2 are awsome but i liked 2 the most, i think the reincarnation doesnt become as good as 1 and 2. Back then they where awsome cuz alot cool vehicles + power ups you could pickup. Who forget driving thru stadium killing the football players or pushing cows on railroad. These days games like that are to old styled i think, only way to make it awsome is crazy maps like a zoo and alot of vehicles and power ups and amazing ragdoll etc. ( just like carmageddon 2 ) also alot of vehicle damage. 

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

This game looks an awful lot like Twisted Metal...

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

Twisted Metal and Carmageddon (along with Destruction Derby) have been the biggest three vehicular combat series out there.

The major differences between these games being that Twisted Metal focuses on weapon use, Carmageddon on silly powerups and just normal smashing (and killing pedestrians for points) and Destruction Derby focusing on well... destruction derby racing and arena's.

I prefer Carmageddon because it has an open world and it doesn't use weapons (except for some powerups).

• Flight180Victm likes this

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:13 AM Edited by Flight180Victm, 29 September 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Twisted Metal and Carmageddon (along with Destruction Derby) have been the biggest three vehicular combat series out there.

The major differences between these games being that Twisted Metal focuses on weapon use, Carmageddon on silly powerups and just normal smashing (and killing pedestrians for points) and Destruction Derby focusing on well... destruction derby racing and arena's.

I prefer Carmageddon because it has an open world and it doesn't use weapons (except for some powerups).

Oh okay, gotcha. Twisted Metal has always been special to me so nothing will beat it. But I will definitely check this out. It looks pretty sick. ;)

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:33 PM Edited by Fireman, 01 January 2014 - 11:55 PM.

An update worth mentioning, more in-game footage and the suspension mechanics and the first damage done:

Read the full blog here.

A post from Nobby about upcoming video of the damage model (f*ckING FINALLY!):

You can really, REALLY rip cars to shreds. Video coming… soon. ;)
Accessories and parts of the environment can be damaged or destroyed.
Tyres can be blown, thrown off the rim, and this happens when they get an appropriate impact.
As the cars crush, the driver’s position moves along with the deformation. If the roof is crushed, you see them all hunched up in a ball inside. If the car is crushed beyond the point where this is possible any more, then the driver gets gibbed! Drivers can also be thrown out through the windows in really heavy impacts – which looks f*cking hilarious/brilliant.
Impacts that the cars have with anything leave scuffs/marks on the car in the right place

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by reform, 24 February 2014 - 12:15 AM.

Game can't come soon enough!

Had a bit of an impromptu vehicle deathmatch in GTA:Online yesterday with some of the crew. It was a lot of fun! But not quite Carmageddon.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:30 AM

Carmageddon was a brill game on PSone. Would not mind seeing it on xbox360, with huge arenas and desert vistas to battle through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users