» «
Photo

Carmageddon: Reincarnation

79 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:34 PM Edited by Fireman, 17 April 2014 - 03:53 PM.

YXk0G.png

Developer Stainless Games

Publisher Stainless Games

Genre Peds-for-Points, Open World, Racing

Platform(s) PC, Linux, Mac, XBLA (Xbox 720), PSN (PS4)

Release Date 27th of March, 2014 (Early Access only)

Carmageddon is funded by fans! Check the Carmageddon Kickstarter page here.

27-03-2014: Early-Access now available on Steam!

Gameplay trailer (fanmade):

Official Press Release

Carmageddon: Reincarnation launches on PC as Steam Early Access title

Thursday, 13th March 2014. Stainless Games Ltd., Newport, Isle of Wight, UK. Carmageddon: Reincarnation for PC is today released as an Early Access title via the Steam client.

“Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access is your chance to experience the development of the game as it progresses from pre-alpha towards completion." said Neil “nobby” Barnden, Stainless co-founder and Carmageddon Brand Director. "By choosing Early Access not only are you getting the game NOW and at a significant discount, you'll get to follow the development and help us tune and improve the game to be the best it can be.” he continued, “We’ve been having an absolute blast smashing the sh*t out of stuff for the last fortnight while our Kickstarter Backers had their exclusive peek at the game, and now it’s time for everyone else to share in the simple joy of granny splattering and penguin evisceration.”

The Early Access release features three levels that the player can explore, each varied in size and character, at a different stage of development, and all demonstrating the potential of the game’s sandbox gameplay and anarchic humour. There are six varied cars to choose from, a wide range of peds to hunt down, and a plethora of mad PowerUps to play with. Regular updates will see the range of levels, vehicles and juicy STUFF expand, and more game modes implemented. Multiplayer will follow in a major future update.

The game is currently at the pre-alpha stage, and buyers can therefore take advantage of the Early Access pricing before the game gets to its “final release” stage later in the year, at which point the price will rise. Players who buy the Early Access game will get all hotfixes and updates, right up to and including the final release. So there’s a real incentive to get strapped in at this stage and enjoy the ride to completion, but at a discount!

The launch coincides with the release of a new promotional video for the game, called “The Wheels on the Bus”.

Carmageddon: Reincarnation is described as, “The perfect way to unwind after a killing spree.” by Patrick Buckland, Stainless Games CEO.

Gameplay from livestream:

For more information about Carmageddon and their kickstarter check out this video and read the rest of this thread:

As some of you might be aware, the new Carmageddon has been announced and it will be created by the original creators of Carmageddon 1 and 2, Stainless! 1 And 2 were the non-crappy ones, in case you forget!

The Carmageddon community is growing as we speak with old as well as new adolescents who want to splatter organs over the pavement and crush cars against walls (and alright, we also got some bald, drunk, fat guys who still enjoy this type of thing). The Official Website is up. Including a Developer's Blog.

I'm sure looking forward to it, Carmageddon 2 is still one of my favorite games and because of Carmageddon I started playing GTA (or was it the other way around). With a 10 year difference between the last Carmageddon I expect to see some awesome physics, crazy powerups and plenty of blood and gore like in Carma 1. Especially due to people getting used to extremely violent games, I'm wondering how far Stainless can push it.

For the people who don't know what Carmageddon is, here's a trip through memory lane, which features Carmageddon 1 and Carmageddon 2 (We do not talk about Carmageddon TDR 2000):

For concept art see the updates of the Blog.
W4_1024x768.jpg

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

A small update from carmageddon.com, which got a lot of attention thanks to all the Americans being stuck in traffic because of the closedown of the 405: Carmageddon U.S. celebrations!

The new Blog is up.
Screwie Lewie is confirmed to come back in Reincarnation, without legs though!
user posted image
And most likely other characters from the original will follow!

Stainless also gave us a Media Pack with concept art, backgrounds and more, for free obviously.

Soon there will be a new competition in which you will create your own car and character, if you win, it will end up in-game! Which is probably the best price ever!

In other news the Shop is online as well.

Also, are you all too young to have played Carmageddon (which had a major influence on GTA's and any other free roam game) or do you just not care? D:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:03 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 August 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Exclusive footage of the new motion capture system, also used for Carmageddon I

Read more here.

Also expect a new competition soon in which you have to make your own concept of a car and character. The prize is getting your car in the game! Best prize ever!

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

Wow, the good old times back in my young days.
Playing Carmaggedon 2K.
I had a lot of fun playing that game.
I remember playing it on my sh*tty 1.8GHz AMD crap PC.
I dont know what missions I had to do, but most of the time I take jumps and try the highest jumps.
Ah, good ol times.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Jacko427 @ Thursday, Aug 18 2011, 19:22)
Playing Carmaggedon 2K.

It's good to have one post, but the bad thing about it is that's it's about TDR 2000, the worst Carmageddon game, made by non-Stainless!

There's a reason that they say: "We don't talk about it!"

Though I didn't hated TDR 2000 that much, just the damage model and the collision between vehicles was horrible. Some vehicles were pretty cool.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 18 2011, 19:58)
Playing Carmaggedon 2K.

It's good to have one post, but the bad thing about it is that's it's about TDR 2000, the worst Carmageddon game, made by non-Stainless!

Though I didn't hated TDR 2000 that much, just the damage model and the collision between vehicles was horrible. Some vehicles were pretty cool.

Yeah, thats what I exactley, the damage models sucked hard and the collisions were awkward.
Although the cars were nice and some of them not.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:35 PM Edited by Fireman, 30 September 2011 - 12:50 PM.

Another update, you can read the Blog update here!

Featuring an old familiar, Val Hella from C1! Val Hella seems to have some kind of anti-aging creme (or maybe she's a time traveller) because she ended up looking (or being?) younger than in C1, this is the C1 mugshot:

user posted image

In addition they gave her a cute lil' dog based on this picture:
user posted image

Now isn't that cute? So here she is (with dog, by Doug Telford):

user posted image

Here's the image link (bigger version)

Now, if you played C1, the car Val Hella drove was the Cleaver (which was also on the cover of Carmageddon II, even though the car wasn't actually in the game). I quote:

The Cleaver. As it was a pretty strong design in the original game, we decided to just give it the lightest of makeovers

So here it is, the rejuvenated Cleaver:

user posted image

Here is the image link (bigger version)

I personally love the blades on the side of the wheels as they were in C1, I just hope they would actually contribute something this time to the combat, ripping the metal from other cars.

There's another of the Blog here by Simone, she's a woman. Really? Yes. And she makes games of which the main goal is to drive over people and destroy eachother? Yes. Pretty cool right? Be sure to check out her part of the blog here: Designer's Digest.

Another competition has started as well, called "What a Prat". If you don't know what the prat cam is, it's the image that was shown in C1 in the upper left corner. Basically it was a camera inside the car that would film the driver as they were driving into people, crashing into cars and bumping into walls. Here's how Max (Tony the madman on the forums) looked in the prat cam:

user posted image

Now you get to make your own prat cam with whatever you want, however you want. Just make sure it's funny!

You can win a goodie bag, with a signed T-shirt!

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Why only a few replies in here? sad.gif

TBH I'm more hyped about this game than GTA5. And there's a good reason - recent artworks look fantastic. I hope Carmageddons returns in its full glory - Carma2 is one of my all-time favourite video games.

Just please SCI, don't screw it up...

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Because it gaved me hibbie jibbies over the years biggrin.gif
Okay, this is one of the first games I played or touched for the first time on a PC. After Carma II was over and the years where going, new games where out with graphics and environments in years between 2002-2007 when my nostalgia started to kick in and I was really looking forward to a new stunning Carma game.

Seriously the game was criminal/carnage as this both words can be understood and in this Carma I want it x5 times at least better. I never understood the game, I never puked or felt sick, but it gave me enough nightmares.

I like the progress so far. The car is big scary and has all those kinds of sick things attached to it. I was wondering if they will put mass in pedestrians, bones in case the game will have a M where most of the features will be cut like Soldier of Fortune Payback that wasn't necessary to do it.

I wish that someday someone will bring back to life RedNeck Series. sad.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:50 PM Edited by Fireman, 25 October 2011 - 09:55 PM.

Here's some entries from the "What A Prat" contest, they're really great.

You can still make yours and sign up for the competition.. You can also check out more on the website.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Thursday, Aug 18 2011, 20:58)
Playing Carmaggedon 2K.

What was so bad about TDR 2k? It was the first and only Carmageddon game i played, and i absolutely loved it, so i'm wondering what I missed.

Can't wait for another carmageddon Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:06 AM Edited by Fireman, 26 October 2011 - 12:10 AM.

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Tuesday, Oct 25 2011, 22:23)
What was so bad about TDR 2k? It was the first and only Carmageddon game i played, and i absolutely loved it, so i'm wondering what I missed.

Can't wait for another carmageddon  Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Oh boy, well there are hundreds of posts about it, here is a topic, but what it comes down to (for me) is definitely the damage model (hardly any visible damage) and the horrible physics. It also lacked the Carmageddon feel that was in the first two games and pushed the player much more (You could only get 5 minutes on the counter max, so you had to keep killing/destroying, hardly any free roam time).

And I personally didn't enjoy most of the maps (Hollowood was pretty decent). And the missions were way off to be enjoyable.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:59 AM Edited by Fireman, 03 December 2011 - 03:33 PM.

It's that time again, time for an update!

Dark Pontifex won the Prat Cam competition (see above for his entry), so they had to come up with a new competition.
This time they want you to create your own brand with a pun in it and they want to see a logo for it as well! If you win the competition, the brand and logo you made will end up in-game!
Check out the Competition here.

Apart from that we got a major update regarding level design, Bleak City (from Carmageddon I) will be back! Though in a different form. Read the Blog about Bleak City here!

Here are some pieces of concept art for the new, more futuristic look of Bleak City:

user posted image

user posted image

I'm not quite sure what to think of it yet. I have the feeling they're finally making the game they wanted it to be 13 years ago, but I'm wondering if I'm going to like it, but knowing Stainless I'm sure they'll create plenty of different levels with completely different environments, so one level doesn't set the standard for all the others.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Finally, it returns .......... does anyone know the release ???

Great memories with Carmageddon and Carmageddon II ........ didn't play the 3rd one.

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (valensim @ Saturday, Dec 3 2011, 14:27)
didn't play the 3rd one.

This is the 3rd one.

We do not talk about TDR2000...

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:24 PM Edited by Fireman, 03 December 2011 - 03:34 PM.

QUOTE (valensim @ Saturday, Dec 3 2011, 12:27)
Finally, it returns .......... does anyone know the release ???

Great memories with Carmageddon and Carmageddon II ........ didn't play the 3rd one.

Be glad you didn't tounge.gif

As AreXi said TDR2K wasn't a very good one, though it had his strong points as well, but mostly weak points.
It definitely wasn't part of the Carmageddon series in terms of gameplay. (it wasn't created by Stainless)

No release date as yet, just "somewhere" in 2012. Just keep your eyes on the site.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:20 PM Edited by Fireman, 12 May 2012 - 10:10 AM.

And we're finally back with something to mention! nobby made another part of his Concept Album; Eagle Eyes On.

We finally got some in-game shots and the development of the new Eagle!

A few concepts have been made and you can vote for your favorite in the Poll section

Doug's Eagle

user posted image

The last concept has already been put into the (old) engine for some in-game footage!

user posted image

They also gave us a look at how the Upgrades might look (you can upgrade Armor, Power and Engine) and how the repulsificator should look:

Upgrades look like this.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

A large bump because the Kickstarter for Carmageddon started three days ago.

Check out the Kickstarter page.

Current target: $400000
Currently pledged: $168115

27 Days to go!

In all fairness I didn't think they'd make a kickstarter, but it seems they did. Not that I mind, because those rewards are always amazing!

Boxed game om nom nom.

See the Blog here.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

Another bump for hitting the $200.000 mark, which is halfway towards the goal.

After the first week nobby posted a new video about how thankful he is, and he gives more detail.

He talks about the platforms, Steam requirements or not and they allow A f*ckING PRAT CAM.

They appreciate your opinion (and your money) so sign up on the forums donate money and join in.

Remember Carmageddon was one of the first full 3D open-world environments, which opened a lot of portals for games, including GTA.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:10 PM Edited by illegal_luggage, 17 May 2012 - 08:39 AM.

Prat cam was awesome
QUOTE (Fireman @ Friday, Sep 30 2011, 12:35)
user posted image

One of the things I remember about playing Carmageddon was that it was one of the first games I ever played on PC along with Lego racers lol. As I was very young at the time my brother would make the pedestrians zombies so the blood was green tounge.gif . I remember playing Carmageddon II as well but I prefered the first one.

I hope the game they produce is just as gory (and good) as the originals and includes some lovely DX11 effects to make that mutilated ped look even more nasty.

EDIT
Here use this logo as it's got a clear background:
http://i.imgur.com/YXk0G.png

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:36 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 May 2012 - 12:40 PM.

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 22:10)
Prat cam was awesome

And prat cam will be awesome again, it's been confirmed that they'll be using prat cam and the original actor (Tony) as Max Damage.

One of the things I remember about playing Carmageddon was that it was one of the first games I ever played on PC along with Lego racers lol. As I was very young at the time my brother would make the pedestrians zombies so the blood was green tounge.gif . I remember playing Carmageddon II as well but I prefered the first one.

Lego Racers vs. Carmageddon, difficult choice, both were awesome. Yeah Carmageddon had zombie modes in several countries until later the blood patch was released (it came with Splat Pack expansion)

I hope the game they produce is just as gory (and good) as the originals and includes some lovely DX11 effects to make that mutilated ped look even more nasty.

That's the good thing about using Kickstarter, they'll be allowed to do everything! Like finally hitting pregnant women causing their fetus to stick to your windscreen!

Here's some Max Damage for you:

user posted image

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:20 PM Edited by Fireman, 18 May 2012 - 08:22 PM.

Another update from Kickstarter.

All $150 and higher tiers now gets two miniature models of the old original Eagle and the new Eagle!

user posted image

They'll be on reddit tomorrow night to answer all the questions you have in an AMA (ask me anything).

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

So I'll be getting a physical copy of the game AND two Eagles? Sweet!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Update:

19-05-2012: NEXT TWO HOURS REDDIT ASK ME ANYTHING: http://redd.it/tv56l

Talk and ask questions to Nobby, who's been with Stainless since Carmaggedon 1.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Okay,I never played this.Can someone give me some info?The art reminds me of the sh*t I used to do with my hotwheels,like destruction derbies which would mostly end with cars on the water,some wrecked.

By this I mean the previous games.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

More than willing to show you some videos that I made, but I've mostly played Carmageddon 2.

Carmageddon I must've been one of the most controversial games in the history of gaming, it was banned in several countries and they had to replace the pedestrians with "zombie versions" in the first release, later leaking a blood patch over the internet themselves. And after the expansion pack "Splat pack" you could turn on the blood again.

The games are based on the movie "The Death Race 2000". In which it's a competition to score as many points by driving over pedestrians and destroying the other opponents. Apart from that you could also be boring and follow the checkpoints to win the race. It has some pretty dark humor and it was one of the first games to use 3D physics and feature (almost) complete freedom in what you could do. The racetracks aren't just... racetracks, they're cities or factories in which you could go wherever you want and explore the environment.

Here's some Carmageddon 1 footage:

The last good Carmageddon by Stainless was Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now! released in 1998. It was the first one I played so I also think it's the best one. It contained actual polygon pedestrians and such a good damage model that it still stands up for todays standards. Deformable frameworks and all that stuff. Here's a video I made about it (mods installed though, the modding community is still alive after 12 years):

After C2 Stainless took a break but Sales Curve Interactive (who had the rights) wanted to continue to make a game. So another company took over, the game wasn't Carmageddon stylish and received mostly bad review, kinda ruining the franchise. NOW HOWEVER, Stainless has bought the rights for Carmageddon and they can do with it what they please! So Reincarnation will be great. Check out www.carmageddon.com for more information on the NEW game.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Seems fun.I'll keep an eye on this topic.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:43 PM Edited by Fireman, 27 May 2012 - 02:58 PM.

The Kickstarter goal has been reached! But we want to go onward to $600.000 for Linux and Mac versions.

Also a nice chance for you guys to get the classic Carmageddon + the new one for only $25,- if you pledge on Kickstarter before the time runs out!

Check the Kickstarter site here.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Great to see they smashed the target and they still have 10 days to go. Naturally I finally got around to pledging, this will be the most I have ever spent on a video game ($150) but hell I put hundreds of hours into Carma 1 and 2 it is worth it.

Really looking forward to the free GOG version in September, it has been so long since I played Carmageddon 1 that it will be fresh and new again. Now we just have to wait and hope they don't run off with all the moolah tounge.gif

But it is a pleasure to support these guys, watching their videos is a bit like harking back to the old days of video gaming where developers had FUN making FUN games and there were no suits going "we can nickle and dime people a little bit more".

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:23 AM

More stretchgoals!

$650,000!
At this level, we'll be able to guarantee that Sim will be appearing in the game as the new Die Anna PratCam (this will be an option, even if we manage to get the original Die Anna to reprise her role. In this event, we'll create a new character for Sim!). As a BONUS, both nobby and Patrick will also appear - as PratCam movies for opponents Pitbull and Vlad! This will mark the planned start of a programme to create PratCam movies for ALL the opponents!

Our FINAL Stretch Goal will layer on the AWESOMENESS even MORE! It will need us to get to:

$750,000!
Because at this level, we're committing to add not one but TWO (inter-related) extra features to Carma:R! Those features being:

Split Screen Support for PC & Co-Op Multiplayer!
These features will transform both local and online play! You'll be able to play split screen, with a close friend, in the comfort of your own home - playing regular competitive games, or Co-Op against AI... And you'll also be able to go online as a team or individuals, and take on all-comers, in regular MP battles or playing a whole new set of Co-Op based MP games! It'll take Carmageddon to a whole new dimension! Imagine actually working together, rather than smashing each other to smithereens constantly... WOW. NOVEL!!

We think this is such a good plan, we're SURE you can get us that extra STRETCH and make it HAPPEN!

Unlikely that they'll make them but hopefully they'll activate people to donate enough to get to $600k.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users