» «
Photo

[Help]How to fix Car Half Sink to the ground

6 replies to this topic
edwinjr
  • edwinjr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:01 AM Edited by edwinjr, 02 July 2011 - 08:04 AM.

How to fix this problem?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This bug is random, not every car has it. But almost all cars that involved directly to the mission have this bug.

The car height will be normal when niko get close to it or touch it
user posted image
When niko touch the car, its normal
user posted image

Please help me and Thanks for your attention.
Sory my bad english.

#Edit
Why the spoiler didn't work?
[I]

edwinjr
  • edwinjr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:14 AM

I assume there is no solution for this problem

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

I'm not sure why but for some reason most addon cars have that problem in misssions. I get the same problem too.

sJay420
  • sJay420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

My guess is its something to do with the related handling.dat information on the vehicles, the suspension settings, causing them to sink into the ground.

There are also flags on the model/handling like low, hydraulics, low rider, etc.

Use computermassters handling editor to try and fix a car that does it by messing with the suspension or flags.

edwinjr
  • edwinjr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (sJay420 @ Monday, Jul 4 2011, 19:43)
My guess is its something to do with the related handling.dat information on the vehicles, the suspension settings, causing them to sink into the ground.

There are also flags on the model/handling like low, hydraulics, low rider, etc.

Use computermassters handling editor to try and fix a car that does it by messing with the suspension or flags.

I thing the problem is come from the modelling.
I revert back the vodoo car model+texture (vodoo.wtd+vodoo.wtf) to the original and still using custom handling.dat, vehicle.ide, dll.
And retry the mission "Have a Heart", the car is normal along the mission.

Screenshoot original vodoo car in the Have a Heart mission (compare screenshot with 3rd in my 1st post):
user posted image

desertfox11194
  • desertfox11194

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:59 AM

It's because there's a set X-Y-Z position for the car to be spawned based on the original's height and size. If the modded car doesn't conform then it will be slightly wrongly positioned half inside the ground until the player contacts it. Same for people inside. Mission/cutscene characters will not always be sitting correctly in modded cars because they have a set position to be relative to the vehicle. For example in one mission, Francis McCreary pulls up to the curb in what should be a landstalker. But I have replaced it with a Lincoln Navigator, which is smaller. There were EIGHT wheels, four of which wider than the vehicle and not lined up with the Navigator's wheels. And McCreary was levitating about a foot off the seat, half of his head clipping through the roof. Also the back of the seat was nowhere near his back, though he appeared to be leaning into it and not forward. There is another mission in which an enemy is driving a Super GT, which I've replaced with a Dodge Ram SRT-10. The man was still sitting in his original position, so the vehicle appeared to be unmanned.

You can test this by spawning a modded car with a trainer. Often times it will be half sunk in the ground as you have described, until you shoot it/hit it/open the door/warp into it. Objects in the game remain in their original position until the player interacts with them, with almost no exceptions. If I'm not mistaken, a car spawned in this way will be bulletproof to police and act like an immovable object to AI vehicles that may contact it. Also if you spawn one in midair (such as while freefalling) and do not warp into it, it will never fall unless shot at.

domenecbf
  • domenecbf

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Spain

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

I have problems with this in a some misions. One mission I can't complet because car destroy before. I changed for other car and solved, but now the car in mission are flying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users