Photo

Rap/Hip Hop music is DEAD!

120 replies to this topic
Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 21:04)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 18:38)
QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 18:03)
this guy doesn't know Sh@t about Hip-Hop Music or Rap for that matter.!

Am guessing you're the expert on the subject? And in relation to your post above, I think the OP meant that Rap/Hip-Hop died with the 90's.

well no I'm not a expert but he did say "HipHop music died in 90's" he did talk about Tupac being the truth, well Tupac sang in the 90s to.

which 2 Pac were you listening too.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

People need to look past 2Pac and realize there are more and better artists out right now than him

Suihkubad
  • Suihkubad

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

IMO 2Pac is still one of the best rappers ever. And by best rapper I mean I like his music not how technical he is or other bullsh*t, but things like these are always matters of opinions. Dissing other artists even T-Pain is stupid since a lot of people like what T-Pain does and that's completely OK and his fans are not worse people than us "real" hip hop listeners.

Rap/Hip Hop in Finland has never been better and from what I've heard its not bad in the rest of the world either.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 12:55)
QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 21:04)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 18:38)
QUOTE (BabeRuth @ Saturday, Jul 16 2011, 18:03)
this guy doesn't know Sh@t about Hip-Hop Music or Rap for that matter.!

Am guessing you're the expert on the subject? And in relation to your post above, I think the OP meant that Rap/Hip-Hop died with the 90's.

well no I'm not a expert but he did say "HipHop music died in 90's" he did talk about Tupac being the truth, well Tupac sang in the 90s to.

which 2 Pac were you listening too.

he goes by tupac & 2pac man just two different names.

@Mr-Mister bplease name some arists that you think are the same please I'm dying to hear

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:50 AM

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

Just going by the topic heading, I'd say, that would let some other music genres finally breathe! It's somewhat over-saturated media wise, and I feel you have to branch out for different musical styles. A lot of the new breed in any genre need something of a re-boot

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

I eat people?

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

How much actual rapping is there in mainstream Hip-Hop? Not much - At least in the traditional sense. While it's fun to look at Rihanna in redhair, I can't say I pay much attention to any of it. I have just recently gotten into old eighties/nineties stuff, and let me tell you: Half of it was literally a joke, half of it was serious. People took it waaaaaaaay too seriously, because it's meant to be pretty funny.

QwelzaarKane
  • QwelzaarKane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

Rap itself isn't dead, but the mainstream scene definitely is. Now, that's not to say Pop-Rap domination is a new thing (MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice both had albums certified diamond), but in the past there were always at least a handful of legitimate artists to balance things out. The problem, contrary to popular belief, is not with the record labels. At least not completely. They've always been in it mainly for the money. You can't blame them for wanting to survive as a company. The problem is mostly with the artists.

Question: what do Common, DMX, 2Pac, OutKast, and Jay-Z all have in common?
Answer: They were able to retain artistic integrity as well as be marketable.

It seems like nowadays an artist chooses to either be popular and (relatively) simple or stay underground and artistic. There are, obviously, exceptions, but for the most part this is what I have noticed. Like I said above, the record labels aren't completely innocent. Take the whole ordeal around Lupe Fiasco's Lasers album for example. sh*t like that is why major record companies are so hated by the fans.

But, the artists and record labels should work together in order to help get the album/singles airplay and exposure. I think Joe Budden could have been successful on Def Jam if they let him do what he wanted while maybe making him include a couple radio-friendly singles like with his first album.

That's my take on it, anyway.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 August 2011 - 02:35 AM

There's always going to be hype about 2pac, arguably more than he deserves. It's what happens when celebrities die. Same thing happened with Heath Ledger, and it's now happening with Amy Winehouse. On 'pac, a remix I stumbled across:

Also, probably a dumb question, but anyone else into Scottish hip-hop? ph34r.gif You will struggle with the accent, but take my word for it, these guys have dyno rhymes.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Mister @ Tuesday, Jul 19 2011, 16:46)
People need to look past 2Pac and realize there are more and better artists out right now than him

please give me some names I would love to hear who is better than Tupac/2Pac.

POZEST
  • POZEST

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

I don't think Rap or Hip Hop are dead. Rap & Hip Hop are not in my top 5 favorite genres of music any more; and I do have quite a bit of it in my ipod. I grew up with Rap and watched it change from Mix Master Spade to The 2 live Crew to Eazy E to Dr. Dre.

Music is universal. Times change; Music evolves.

As an old fart now, I give props to what some of the new talent out there is doing. And it can be mainstream or underground. The other day I heard a instrumental track on a youtube gta4 video; I shazamed it, streamed a few songs from the album compilation it came from, noticed the album was a double cd of instrumentalas & spoken rap, bought the album, and loaded and jammed to 60% of the tracks. The music has a 1996 Wu Tang sound to it. I was amazed I had never heard these tracks. As I began to listen closely to the lyrics it hit me it was Christian Rap. And you know what, the rhymes and beats are Boss!!!

I was born and raised in L.A. and out here Rap/Hip Hop is always being bumped on the streets from South Central to East L.A. to the artists villages to Hollywood. I used to bump it when I had my show cars and I still bump it from time to time when at work or in the car.

The music industry as a whole is financially in the crapper because they did not keep up with technology and decided to keep their old business models. Not for lack of talent; there will always be good music and bad music put out. But that is subjective; what one person may like, someone else may not.

LSPD Skippy
  • LSPD Skippy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Fat jeo and akon and 50 cent are awsome icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Rokas.
  • Rokas.

play it f*cking loud

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

awesome fakers, yes, indeed icon14.gif But they're not rappers or not even anything near that

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:04 PM Edited by SmC12, 06 August 2011 - 04:08 PM.

QUOTE (LSPD Skippy @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 15:19)
Fat jeo and akon and 50 cent are awsome  icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif

I hope your being sarcastic. Since when is Akon a rapper? And 50 Cent is nothing but a b*tch complaining that his album sales aren't what they used to be, maybe if he actually released something good for a change.

Hip-Hop isn't dead though. You just have to look around a little. MTV plays a load of sh*t that's "topping the charts". That's not what real hip-hop aims to do, it was never about being on the charts. There are still many old artists releasing good music, like Nas, Slaughterhouse, Jay-Z, Ice Cube, Dre, Wu-Tang, and many many more.

There are new artists who have done things a little differently, but that's not a bad thing. Hip-Hop has changed, look at anything from the past decade, it's changed. But there are so many talented and underrated artists out there who are doing great things. Hopsin for example, in my opinion he should be huge right now. People are always so quick to mention Lil Wayne and Soulja Boy as what current hip-hop has become, maybe if people stop mentioning them on every damn YouTube video they wouldn't be so famous!

Really you just have to search deeper than your local radio station, MTV, and the Top 40 or whatever. You'll find that there is still a huge Hip-Hop culture that is very much alive. And that's not to say all mainstream rapper are bad anyway, I respect what some people are doing, and everyone knows that going mainstream equals more money, and in economical times like this it's no wonder why there are so many rappers going down that route. Mainstream isn't bad, it's just that many fake rappers see it as an easy opportunity for some fame. Which is a shame really cause it's given the whole genre a bad image that's unessecary.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (LSPD Skippy @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 15:19)
Fat jeo and akon and 50 cent are awsome icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

you my friend have no taste for music..... icon13.gif sad.gif.

Scifen
  • Scifen

✞☐Δ

• The Connection

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:47 PM

You are all the same.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Scifen @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 17:47)
You are all the same.

Care to explain that?

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (LSPD Skippy @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 10:19)

Who the f*ck is "Fat Jeo"? Some kind of wannabe thug pretending to be a fat version of G.I Joe?

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 20:27)
Fat jeo and akon and 50 cent are awsome  icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif  icon14.gif

Who the f*ck is "Fat Jeo"? Some kind of wannabe thug pretending to be a fat version of G.I Joe?

He means Fat Joe I assume. Who is actually not bad compared to the other two fools he mentioned. I also think he was just trollin'.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:35 PM

I changed my mind.

Now it's officially dead.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

he's got good flow, justin Bieber, I'm actually suprised.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:09 PM

I have to agree the flow of his rap was pretty good, but nonetheless it sounds like every other typical "Hip Hop" track out there today. The beat is mediocre, and I can tell not much work was put into that.

It reminds me of your average Lil Wayne song. icon13.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:13 PM

A dog barking is better than Lil Wayne.

The worst thing about that is his vid is blowing up, so that will just encourage him to start a rap career. His flow was medium, but that isn't the only thing that goes into a rap. It's a SKILL. And break down his lyrics and that was some f*cked up gay sh*t. Go on any vid for a real rap song and you'll see just how much Bieber is not welcome in the hip-hop community. I seriously see him ruining his career if he takes this seriously. Cause it's not just some playground it's serious sh*t and Bieber isn't popular for rapping, he's popular for singing and it should remain that way.

Mockage
  • Mockage

deadringer

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

I'm surprised much hasn't been said about Nicki Minaj... she's way more awful then Lil Wayne. I'd rather listen to a dying cat than listen to Super Bass! icon14.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 23:20)
I'm surprised much hasn't been said about Nicki Minaj... she's way more awful then Lil Wayne. I'd rather listen to a dying cat than listen to Super Bass! icon14.gif

Wouldn't say she's worse than Wayne. But I haven't really heard much from her lately.

Still, I'm sure Bieber rap career will be very short. Unless he wants to contribute to killing hip-hop.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:37 AM Edited by cidamelo, 07 August 2011 - 01:41 AM.

I don't agree, I think that there're good rappers nowadays, like Nas, Lupe Fiasco, Ghostface Killah, Dizzee Rascal and Lady Sovereign. And I think 'Lil Wayne has good songs!! Oh and I liked Justin Bieber rapping! I think the lyrics are kind dumb but he has a good flow! I think Justin Bieber is talented, and way better than Chris Brown.

LSPD Skippy
  • LSPD Skippy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (SmC12 @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 14:02)
QUOTE (Mockage @ Saturday, Aug 6 2011, 20:27)

He means Fat Joe I assume. Who is actually not bad compared to the other two fools he mentioned. I also think he was just trollin'.

http://www.google.co...ved=0CD0Q9QEwAg]
this is fat joe

LSPD Skippy
  • LSPD Skippy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

and i like mr X to the Z Xzibit and snoop dog

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:44 AM Edited by Mati., 07 August 2011 - 07:47 AM.

Who's snoop dog?

Anyway, I'm hoping that other good rappers show up.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:28 PM

Yeah Snoop Dogg was great back in the "G-Funk" days and with N.W.A. and DPG. But lately he's really changed, in a bad way. And Xzibit is just.. nothing anymore. He wasn't really that great to start with anyway.

They still consider what they're doing as Hip-Hop though, and people like Dr. Dre still support snoop even when he does stupid songs with the likes of Katy Perry. They need to go back to where they started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users