Photo

Can't Start Gang War

27 replies to this topic
namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

I've taken over 69 gang territories, but there are only two left which I'm having a great deal of difficulty with, one of which belongs to the Ballas and the other to the Vagos.

Both of the territories are in North San Fierro. The Ballas erritory stretches horizontally along Esplanade North, north of Juniper Hollow and Calton Heights. The Vagos territory is immediately adjacent to the east on Esplanade North (includes Pier 69), north of Downtown.

The difficulty I'm experiencing is starting the gang war. In the first place, the Ballas and Vagos hardly ever spawn in these areas, and when they do, it's usually in pairs rather than in threes. In the second place, on the very rare occasions they do spawn as a trio, gunning the three down doesn't provoke the desired effect (gang war).

There are other gngs in the areas, the Rifas, Triads and Da Nang Boys are very visible in both of these terrritories and seem to co-exist relatively peacefully. They aren't aggressive at all.

What's going on here Suggestions anyone?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:53 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 July 2011 - 04:56 PM.

Equip CJ with a Sniper-Rifle. One is available on the stairway of the Studio 25 parking lot

If you find more than 2 foes in the area and do not get a response when they are shot check to see if a Zone is under attack. When they try to take back a zone you cannot start a war in another zone. The 'work around' is to have a sub-mission vehicle (Taxi/Firetruck/police vehicle) and to start the sub-mission and cancell it immediatly after it starts.

When there arn't enough foes in the area. You can use the Sniper-Rifle. Stand CJ solidly in the zone where you want the fight. Aim at and snipe the foes who are in other zones.

There is a method of blocking the road/street. When two or more cars carrying foes are stopped either blow them up OR pull a foe from a vehicle (Don't Allow CJ to get in) and kill him. Other foes will exit their vehicles so you may do for them.

When you don't see anybody except CJ's homies: Face CJ away from them so you can't see them. Wait a minute or four then turn around. Sometimes they chnge to foes.
Standing CJ on a roof or high point can sometimes help with this method.

Saving the game and then going back to the zone after a brief delay may halp. Or having CJ eat.

these are tricks that have worked for me.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

Each time I've ventured forth to take over other gangs's turf I've always gone in an R3 missions vehicle just for that purpose - make certain none of the other territories are under attack, and did the R3 trick just prior to insigating the gang war.

The problem here is that taking down the three relevant members doesn't provoke the war at all - they drop dead, I receive a wanted star and bno gang war is started. I've always checked that I and the gang members are in the correct location before doing the R3 trick, but so far I've taken out twpo lots of Ballas in the Ballas turf in Esplanade Narth, and four lots of Vagos in the Vagos Turf in Esplanade North and Pier 69 without any success in provoking a war. However, the Ballas and Vagos always act aggressively when approached, despite CJ being dressed in neutral colours.

I've tried the sniper rifle from several rooftops, but have yet to see any Vagos or Ballas, although there are plenty of Triads, Rifis and Da Nangs crawling all over the place.

The only place where CJ's homie's ar located close to the Ballas' turf is in Battery Point, and then they're in constant shootouts with the Rifis, so I leave them well-enough alone as shooting at them serves no purpose. None of the cars being driven around the main drag going along Esplanade North seem to be driven by Vagos or Ballas at all, goodness knows I've pulled out a fair amount of drivers to see, but the vehicles normally associated with Ballas and Vagos aren't found being driven along that road.

It's not being unable to find the gangs (after a lot of patience) that irs me, it's not being able to start a war once I've located a few and shot them.

I've tried the saving and coming back later, as well as eating, going to the gym, shopping for clothes previously, but none of this seems to have the desired effect. I feel like [ulling out my teeth and eating them.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:22 AM

My error, I missed the point that you are not playing a Standard Published Game.
Since the Game doesn't have any War Zones near Pier 69, it must be the Mod/Cheat/Gimmick you used to put Extra zones on the map. Apparently the Game doesn't recognize them as valid war Zones.
How did you get there zones?
Are you using a Disc for game play?

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:53 AM

I'm playing on a standard published PS2 (UK PAL version) game. I have no idea if there was only one version of the game released in the UK, or a v2.0 released because of the "hot coffee" issue in the game. Anyway, it was purchased around the time it was first released in the UK back whenever-it-was.

I haven't used any cheats in the game, and I wouldn't even begin to guess how to mod it for the PS2 (if that's at all possible). After the mission "Homecoming" towards the end of the game, I decided to take over all the territories before proceeding onto "Riot". Over the course of a few evenings I had taken over all the gang territories in Los Santos. Checking the stats, I noticed that there were still several Ballas and Vagos territoriesheld. Scrolling around the map I saw a few faint areas in Bayside Bayside and Bayside Marina) and in San Fierro. I managed to take over all but for the two adjacent territories in Esplenade North. The stats bear this out as they state that the Ballas and Vagos still hold a territory apiece.

I'm aware of some territory glitch that occurs if you fly away from San Andreas for an hour or so, whereby the whole of San Andreas becomes a patchwork quilt of about 170 different territories, but I haven't done this. The furthest away I've flown from SA was in the ""Freefall" and "Saint Marks Bistro" story missions.

It's not so much the gangs not appearing (they do, but you need patience), but rather the fact that when three or more of them are taken out in their respective territories, there's no gang turf war.

You're giving me too much credit for the ability to add new territories to the game, but it's just a bog-standard off-the-shelf UK PS2 release, no bells or whistles attached, free fom artificial flavourings and coluorings and no added sugar.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

PS2... Well, now you've got me. . I only know of One official Zone outside of the Los Santos City (which was removed for the PC Game). That being in the Marina. I do remember having found some ballas, once, just South of Katy's condo up on the hill. But, that never happend again to me
I really don't have any idea what more can be done for the problem...

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:17 AM

The Bayside marina is not an "official" territory...it's just usually the first glitched territory to appear (sometimes just from the short distance travelled in Freefall or St.Mark's Bistro). And moving away from land is not the only way to obtain such territories...areas you are currently at can become mixed if attackers are wiped out in a current random war.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

On the PS2 the Marina IS a proper Territory during the Second War series.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

As an aside, there are two territories, one large and one small around Las Colnas area where I was killed during the third waves of the takeover. After ending up at the hospital, I noticed that the yellow Vagos turf had turned green and my stats had added these two to the Grove Street territories.

However, the green colour was much lighter than that of adjacent territory which I'd acquired and hnot been wasted, as if it were an overlay of the yellow and green. Drove back to the areas and there were no gangs on the street other than CJ's homies, although looking in a Hermes stopped at the lights I spotted a Vago in the driver's seat. Pulled him out, at which point several other Vagos exited their vehicles, and shot him and a few others...gang war provoked. After successfully eliminating three waves, the territory turned the darker green of the other territories. I repeated this with the other pale green territory - same result. The gang territory stats didn't change.

Later on tonight, I'm going to create a separate save game file, do the territories glitch by flying away from SA and crashing and see if anything interesting changes with the situation at Esplanade North. I'll let you know.

Trawling throuh Google the other night, I found a few other posts on some obscure forums where the posters had experienced the same problem, although no-one seemed to have an answer to it then, and that was back in 2004/5.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Im an ex-PS2 regular. I used to activate the Territory Glitch quite a lot - perhaps i can help.
Firstly, about the two area in Los Colinas, these appear much lighter because you dont have, what they call, total control of the zone. However, it will still be added to your stats as a territory, because you do partly own it.
What also causes the lighter gang zones is zone attacks by other gangs. Personally, when i have been playing on PS2, i have never, ever had a zone removed from my stats because of another gang attacking it and winning it. Regardless of whether i actually go and defend the attack or not, the zone colour will simply change to a very light green. It never switch to purple, or yellow. Its kinda strange. After i realised this, i never went and defended attacks because my zones could never be taken over.

About the zones in San Fierro - there is a topic that used to float around this forum about it. This person (i forget their name) found that they could turn San Fierro into a whole new gang city with zones and everything simply by activating the territory glitch. There are different methods for this. Doing the Saint Marks Bistro mission will always give you the Bayside Marina territory. You may also notice gang zones around the Easter Basin area.
Personally, i've never seen Pier 69 territories, but im in no way doubting that you have them. But these could only come about through going out to sea and dying. Because, what happens is, the map becomes so small, it confuses the console into showing where the gang territories are and then when you die and appear at a hospital, the map enlarges really quickly and these zones appear at various places around SA.
On my PS2 game, i have GSF controlling LS, SF and LV and most of the small towns in between, except Palomino Creek. This is run by Ballas and i can never find any to beat them. Since then i have found i new and very awesome trick that, given your own personal time and patience, could give you 100% San Andreas map coverage of Grove Street colours - i'll tell you about that soon enough....

But yeah, those pale coloured territories are still yours. I believe the correct term for the colour of the gang zone is called "influence". When you let a gang attack go, after a while, a message will come up and say that you 'hood has lost "influence" and the colour of the zone will go to a lighter shade. Now, you can regain this influence by going to that territory and defending it when there is an attack, or perhaps if the influence is very low, if you find another 3 gang members in your area, attack them and start a war yourself, this will for sure regain your influence.

Ok, who'd like to hear this f*cking awesome trick to get any gang zone you want to go green? (Note: I have not tested this on PC, so i have no idea whether it will work, but it certainly does for PS2).
Here we go. First of all, you need to still have a few enemy territories present around the map. This is so that they try to attack your zones and get their gang back.
When the message appears on your screen that a gang war has started at one of your territories, you need to equip yourself with Satchel Charges. Once you have done this, you must go to the zone that is being attacked. Because the attackers will only have baseball bats (and maybe the odd 9mm) you have very little chance of being killed. They will only have these weapons because im assuming that your GSF gang is controlling most of LS and if you do this, you'll notice that they have pathetic weapons because they dont have access to decent weapons being such insignificant gangs.
Right, so when this wave appears, you need to go up to every single one of the attacking gang members and place a satchel charge on them. You have to get every one or it may not work.
(What you could do, theoretically, because i have not tried it myself, is to kill all but one of the attacking members and place the satchel charge on the last dude).
But yeah, once you have placed the charge on them, do not detonate them, except fly, drive, ride to anywhere on the map. I suggest another city just to emphasise how awesome it is. Once you get there, just stand on the side of the road and detonate the charges. As soon as you do this, you will notice that the territory that you are standing it will go a very nice shade of green. Like i said, if you have the patience, you could actually do this for every single territory in San An, making sure you leave that one last enemy territory so that they can still attack you.

Im thinking that you can also win territories this way. Again, i have not tested it, but you could possibly put the charges on the guys attacking and then go to a territory that is owned by another gang and then detonate it to take control of that area, but i have a feeling that it may take 2-3 goes at that to make it fully GSF as it might go a light shade of Purple/Yellow (depending on who you're taking).
So yeah, have fun with that, i sure did!

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

I tried the terrotories glitch in a separate file. Now, instead of ywo territories I can't start a war in, I have fifteen that I can't start a war in. I came across a novel way to spawn the gangs in the territories, and that was by jacking a ca that the gangs use (e.g. Hermes) and cruising around the neighbourhood where I wanted the gangs to spawn. They didn't on the streets, but all of a sudden I was surrounded by othe Hermes driven by Vagos smile.gif . All well and good. Pulling one of them out of their car caused a few more of them to exit theirs and start to become a little aggressive. Even better colgate.gif .

So far, so good. I'm in Vagos turf, surrounded by half a dozen Vagos. Ideal biggrin.gif . Desert Eagle, bang,bang, bang, three Vagos dead...no gang war mad.gif ...bang,bang,bang, three more Vagos dead...still no gang war angry.gif ...bang, bang, bang, bang, bang five more Vagos out of the picture and gone to where all the good (or bad) Vagos go...still no gang war confused.gif . WTF am I missing something dontgetit.gif ...and no, no other territories are being attacked anywhere on the map - I don't beleive that once GSF have control of their territiries in LS any of the other gangs will attack them.

Whwere's the Valium, or the prozac, or the xanax, or all three when you really, really need them suicidal.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:45 AM

I think I know what territorys your talking about the one territory when you do the mission "REUNITING THE FAMILIAS" & that other small territory I had trouble with them the most.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

"Reuniting the Families" is quite early on in the game, during the first Los Santos missions. After the Las Venturas missions, you get bak to Los Santos and the final part of the game starts. There's a mission called "Homecoming" whereby you need to reclaim several of your territories which you lost when you got kicked out of LS at the end of "Green Sabre" mission. It's never worth taking over any extra territiries before that because you'll lose them all and have to reclaim them all over again.

After "Homecoming" you'll see on the map a "patchwork quilt" of yellow. purple and green territories in Los Santos. There are also a few that appear in San Fierro, and it's the two of those at the northmost part of San Fierro that are a real pig to get a gang war started in.

I won't go into the territory glitch here as it'll just complicate matters.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Did you say it's not worth the trouble to take all the territories during the first War series (pre Green Sabre)?
If so I differ. Maxing out the Respect, and picking up the couple of hundred thousand dollars as well as increasing if not maxing out the weapons skills is well worth it.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (namor @ Tuesday, Jul 5 2011, 18:05)
"Reuniting the Families" is quite early on in the game, during the first Los Santos missions. After the Las Venturas missions, you get bak to Los Santos and the final part of the game starts. There's a mission called "Homecoming" whereby you need to reclaim several of your territories which you lost when you got kicked out of LS at the end of "Green Sabre" mission. It's never worth taking over any extra territiries before that because you'll lose them all and have to reclaim them all over again.

After "Homecoming" you'll see on the map a "patchwork quilt" of yellow. purple and green territories in Los Santos. There are also a few that appear in San Fierro, and it's the two of those at the northmost part of San Fierro that are a real pig to get a gang war started in.

I won't go into the territory glitch here as it'll just complicate matters.

ya uh dude i'm talking about the gang territory. Not the mission "Reuniting the familias" & as far as the territorys in San Fierro those territorys weren't suppose to be there in the 1st place (I.e. not suppose to have them) the only way to get territorys is to fly way off the map which to me is a waste of time especially when the density is really weak not worth flying off the map. Your better off doing the Satchel Charge way.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:38 AM

Maxing out the respect so early in the game is about the only worthwhile thing about doing the territories early. Maxing out the weapons skills, I managed to get that done prior to starting any of the story missions by collecting all the weapons icons ling around LS, jacking a car and continuously blowing the cr@p out of it in a garage. Weapons skill upgraded to hitman level in just a few minutes.

Completed the burglary mission before the main story missions as well and used the cash to gamble at the betting shop to accumulate more than $25 million in less than an hour, so cash was not a problem. After the tedious stuff was out of the way (Firetruck, Paramedic, Taxi, Pimping, Tags, Oysters etc), I could just go ahead and enjoy doing the fun stuff like the story and side missions. Sorry, got off-topic there.

I've tried the satchel charge trick, but have you tried sticking the bombs onto these idiots who aren't only running around like headless chickens, but trying to shoot you at the same time. Managed to attach two charges at most before I was wasted. After you've taken over the Los Santos territories the other gangs won't attack your territory anymore, so it's rather difficult at that point.

After the game's been finished, all the remaining territories in San Fierro and Bayside (that appeared probably because of the Freefall and Saint Marks missions), there is only one wave of gangs that comes at you before the hood is yours.

I've completed the game 100% (including stuff you don't need) and I really, really want to take over ALL the territories available and eliminate the other gangs from the map. it's called being anally retentive or having OCD or something like that. I'm sure ther's medication for that sort of thing these days....now where did I put that bottle of tablets confused.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

If you are having so much trouble taking over the last few territories, and you cant start a gang war like you are saying, then yes, the best way to do this will be through the Satchel Charge trick. Effectively, it is sure-fire to take over the territories.

Ok, you know how you said that you died trying to put the Charges on the members that are killing you? Have you actually tried to shoot those guys so that they are dead and therefore cannot kill you? Then you will be left with the "headless chickens" which you can easily place satchel charges on and then go and blow up the Satchel Charges once you have arrived at the territory that you are having difficulty taking over.

BlackGuard
  • BlackGuard

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

Does Triads, Rifas or Da Nang Boys spawn in those Ballas and Vagos territories that you can't start a war with? If so I think that is the problem.
If I'm not mistaken you can only start a gang war with the rival gang that have the highest influence in the territory. Since those extra territories are really light shaded any original territories will be primary and since you can't start a war with the San Fierro gangs you can't get those territories by killing gang members.
So I think the satchel charge trick is the only way to get them.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yes, they do. In the Esplanade North territiry just north of Juniper Hollow and Calton Heights, I get the Triads and the Rifas, and in the Esplanade North territory I get the Da Nang Boys and the Triads. But since I couldn't start a war with these I tried the satchel charge trick...tried, and that's about it. Each time I walk uo to a trio of Vagos or Ballas in another territory, all i manage to succeed in doing is attaching one charge to a gang member before all Łuck!ng he!! breaks loose and I get wasted by the other members before I get a chance to stick the second charge to another one.

Sticking a charge to a gang member is akin to taking a shot at one of them, as they react to it as an act of aggression. I'm loathe to start using the "gangs" cheats to spawn gang members in the territories, but there's got to be an easier way. Oh well, back to the TV set.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

@Namor what did you do to get the territorys in San fierro.? did you fly way off the map.? if you did the density is probly extreamly weak thats why you can't take those territorys. I use to do it the satchel Charge way but. but I go to this link to get territorys all over the map.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=322332

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

Only flew far off the map as far as was necessary for the Saint Marks and Freefall missions in LV. At that time there weren't any territories visible on the map. Once I'd done "Homecoming" all the territories appeared. I took over as many as I could with the exception of the two northern San Fierro ones in Esplanade North. Then I finished the story missions with those two territories still "loose" on the map.

The satchel trick looks as if it works only if you attach them to the gang members which are attacking one of your territories. The problem at this late stage is that after having taken over the LS territories, the Vagos or the Ballas don't attack your turf in LS since they've all been driven out.

I took a look at the links and the "territory codes" (OMFG), although that doesn't mean anything to me, not being a computer programmer or possessing these codebreaker or gameshark things. I just have the bog-standard PS2 without any add-ons, and can't be bothered to buy one of these devices just to sort out the territory issues.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (namor @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 09:38)
But since I couldn't start a war with these I tried the satchel charge trick...tried, and that's about it. Each time I walk uo to a trio of Vagos or Ballas in another territory, all i manage to succeed in doing is attaching one charge to a gang member before all Łuck!ng he!! breaks loose and I get wasted by the other members before I get a chance to stick the second charge to another one.

Sticking a charge to a gang member is akin to taking a shot at one of them, as they react to it as an act of aggression. I'm loathe to start using the "gangs" cheats to spawn gang members in the territories, but there's got to be an easier way. Oh well, back to the TV set.

You have misunderstood how the satchel charge trick works....you cant just walk up to a territory where there are other gang members and put a charge on them, walk away, detonate the charge and expect the territory that you're standing in to become yours.

QUOTE (namor @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 09:38)
The satchel trick looks as if it works only if you attach them to the gang members which are attacking one of your territories. The problem at this late stage is that after having taken over the LS territories, the Vagos or the Ballas don't attack your turf in LS since they've all been driven out.

Now, you seem to understand it slightly better.
Yes, of course another gang needs to attack your territory for the trick to work. Because when another gang attacks your territory, they only attack in one wave so if you defeat this wave you regain control of the territory, right?

So, like i said in my previous post, if you kill all the guys that are attacking you that have guns, then surely, you aren't going to be killed by someone wielding a baseball bat, are you?
Ok, so now its just you vs. 2-3 guys with baseball bats (you have killed all the guys using guns). If it makes you feel better, go ahead and kill 2 out of the 3 menacing baseball bat guys, so now it is just you vs. 1 baseball bat guy, right?
The territory wont be defended until you have killed everyone attacking. So, put your satchel charge on this one person, then go to the territory that you want to take over and detonate the charge. This territory will now become yours.

Of course, if you have eliminated all the other gangs from Los Santos then no one can attack you and you're pretty much screwed.
But, you did say that there were 2-3 zones in Los Colinas that you hadn't taken over yet, didn't you? If so, then you should still be having attacks.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

It appears as though I'm screwed, in that case. I did mention Las Colinas in my fourth post in the thread, but it was an aside from the main problem, and something I noticed and resolved - those Los Colinas territories have been fully part of GSF turf for a while now. Consequently, I now possess all the LS territories and neither of the other two gangs are capable of attacking me, so I'm unable to do the "satchel trick" properly. I tried the trick on another gang in another San Fierro territory (obviously they didn't attack until I attached the charge to someone), drove to the terriory I wished to acquire and detonated from there. Obviously I was unsuccessful.

I might try (in another save file) to enter the "gangs appear everywhere" cheat and see if I can do something with that.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (namor @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 05:22)
I might try (in another save file) to enter the "gangs appear everywhere" cheat and see if I can do something with that.

Unfortunately, i dont think that will work either.

Um, just a question, so you've only got those few territories left in Northern San Fierro, right? Like around Pier 69 etc?
And you say that Rifa and Da Nang boys appear there....but what colour are the territories on the map?

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:20 AM

The one just north of Calton Heights and Juniper Hollow is a Purle Ballas colour, and the one north of Downtown is a yellowish Vagos colour. The Ballas and vagos do appear in those territories once in a while, if I hang around long enough or if I leave and return a little later, but shooting three of them when they appear on their turf contributes nothing to starting a gang war. I've also tried shootin three Ballas on Vagos turf and vice versa, as well as having a go at shooting Rifas, Da Nang Boys and Triads in those two territories, all to no avail.

I did the "gangs appear everywhere cheat" in a separate file, and I shot three Ballas in an unmarked territory near Easter Bay Airport, provoked a gang war and won the hood. This didn't add to my gang stats, as I don't think it was an official territory marked out on the map.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:16 AM

In regards to the glitch territories. Some gang territories that appear in San Fierro because of the glitch just can't be taken over, no matter what you do, or what cheat you use. This is because though the owner gang is either the Ballas or Vagos, they share the territory with the San Fierro gang that originally appears there (San Fierro Rifa, Triads or the Da Nang Boys, as well as the Varios Los Aztecas, which appear in Los Santos). This is similar with the Battery Point territory in northern San Fierro which, in my game, shows up as Vagos territory but I cannot take it over as the territory is shared with the San Fierro Rifa, which is a gang that you cannot originally take territory from.

In my experience, I have found that when doing the gang territory glitch, gang territories only get added, all original territories (in Los Santos) are kept as they are regardless of whether you have taken them all or not. And the only territories that are "added" as a result of the gang glitch are Ballas, Vagos and Grove Street Families territories (the gang territories that you can initiate gang wars with, and your gang). The Varios Los Aztecas, Triads, Da Nang Boys and San Fierro Rifa stay where they are (the gangs you cannot initiate gang wars with in the game). This means that doing the glitch, as mentioned above, will spawn Ballas/GSF/Vagos territories over the Da Nang/Rifa/Varios/Triads territories (gangs territories that cannot be taken over, which is why you can't take these "shared" territories) as they are not formally recognized as gangs in the game (gangs that you can't initiate gang wars with.)

I hope the above makes at least some sense! tounge.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (namor @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 00:27)
Only flew far off the map as far as was necessary for the Saint Marks and Freefall missions in LV. At that time there weren't any territories visible on the map. Once I'd done "Homecoming" all the territories appeared. I took over as many as I could with the exception of the two northern San Fierro ones in Esplanade North. Then I finished the story missions with those two territories still "loose" on the map.

I took a look at the links and the "territory codes" (OMFG), although that doesn't mean anything to me, not being a computer programmer or possessing these codebreaker or gameshark things. I just have the bog-standard PS2 without any add-ons, and can't be bothered to buy one of these devices just to sort out the territory issues.

for the satchel charge trick just activate the infinite health cheat it'll be much easier but be aware activating cheats will ruin your game, then again most people don't care if it does ruin the game.

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Any cheats I use now don't make any difference to the game, since it's been 100%ed and I use the cheats in a separate save file, just in case.

No, my point was that once I have all the LS GSF territories none of the other gangs will attack at all (despite there being presence of Ballas and Vagos in San Fierro) - this is in my original (no cheats) game. After the "Homecoming" episode, the SF territories and two Bay Marina territories were already there (probably as a consequence of "Saint Marks" and "Freefall").

I activated the territory glitch in a third saved game, with even more territories appearin; I let the plane fly overnight while I went to sleep). many of the new territories in SF and LV can be acquired by surviving one wave of gang attack, although some add to your "Gang" stats, and others don't. In some territories it's easy to provoke a gang war, yet in others it's nigh on impossible.

The main problem with determining the positions of the gang territories is because many of them overlap and the faint colours aren't all that visible. On several occasions I've shot at a few gang members in an area which was unmarked, only to find the whole of Bone County, Bay Marina, San Fierro and a part of Red County flashing red (a quarter of the map!!!!), bearing in mind that there were territories within this territory I'd acquired.

Still, having finished the game, it gives GTA:SA a lot more playability, with things to actually accomplish, rather than making challenges up for myself to do, which aren't recorded in the stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users