Photo

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

92 replies to this topic
flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

Earl is extremely talented. I hope he gets off that sh*t hole island some day soon.

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2011 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Padmasana @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 07:49)
"I'm not homophobic. I just think fa**ot hits and hurts people," Tyler told NME Magazine. "It hits. And 'gay' just means you're stupid. I don't know, we don't think about it, we're just kids. We don't think about that sh*t. But I don't hate gay people. I don't want anyone to think I'm homophobic."

Yeah, that makes a ton of f*cking sense.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (-ska @ Sunday, Jul 3 2011, 06:31)
QUOTE (Padmasana @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 07:49)
"I'm not homophobic. I just think fa**ot hits and hurts people," Tyler told NME Magazine. "It hits. And 'gay' just means you're stupid. I don't know, we don't think about it, we're just kids. We don't think about that sh*t. But I don't hate gay people. I don't want anyone to think I'm homophobic."

Yeah, that makes a ton of f*cking sense.

From what I'm getting, he's saying he's using the word "fa**ot" to get a reaction. He knows he could use words like "ni**er" and "c*nt" (and does often) but the word "fa**ot" seems to have a lot of impact. It leaves an impression on the impressionable, and while the attention that comes from it may be negative, it's still attention. We've all been at that age where we've called something "gay" and not meant anything homophobic about it. I've called my toaster gay when it broke, and I've called a bus gay when it didn't turn up. Everyone that worked in the bank were gays. Granted, he's 20, but it's working for him. I ain't saying it's right, but he's certainly making a mark.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱい

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 11:31)
If you hate him/his music at least watch this, explains a lot:

[youtube]ZNENl0Cg[youtube]

I love what he says right there about progession as an artist. Everyone expects artists to stay the same. The most recent examples I can think of right off the top of my head for the sake of this is Eminem and Linkin Park . Recovery/A Thousand Suns are nothing like their other material but they've progressed with thier age, interests and different mentalities in music, and alot of fans of both don't understand that. So i've just gained a new respect for Tyler that he pinpoints his awareness that the material he's making now and making him popular won't be what, hopefully, carries on that trend for him in 2 years from now. Not a lot of artists admit to changing, so artists that say it out loud can have my money. (assuming it's still good)

LuisBellic
  • LuisBellic

8 Balls

• Members

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 11:11)
I have couple of idiotic friends who go about yelling "Golf Wang!" "Swag!" and even spray painting 'golf wang' with 666 around it. Quite f*cking stupid, considering they only listen to Tyler and such, but whatever. I am a fan of Earl, dude can rap and I cannot wait for him to get back into music, but it is unfortunate hearing people say 'Free' Earl' when they have no f*cking clue of whats going on.

I agree. It's f*cking annoying hearing people scream "GOLF WANG!" "SWAG" "F*CK STEVE HARVEY!". I wouldn't say it unless I knew Odd Future in some kind of way.

Drift-Kingz
  • Drift-Kingz

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 06:31)
If you hate him/his music at least watch this, explains a lot:

[youtube]-OoZNENl0Cg[youtube]

In my opinion, his character doesn't really tell how his music is like. Like he says, he doesn't give a sh*t. I didn't necessarily have a ton of respect for him at first, but wow, he's really the independent type. His stuff goes on MTV, and like he says - people think that's selling out, and in reality, that's what most artists wanna do today. They wanna become famous for their mediocre beats, and incompetent lyrics. Nothing but no hard work and stress put into it. But then we see Tyler, who states the logic that he worked hard for it, while many mainstream artists today don't put feeling and hard work into their songs (take Wayne for example). Seeing someone actually work hard and try to achieve a goal, and not care about what others think, earns my respect hands down.

Now about the music at hand, I'm just gonna say most of their songs consists of a nice beat, with a decent rhythm to it. As for the lyrics, I can't really say much about them. I'm a not big fan of them, but in my opinion, they shouldn't really suffice.

Benjamin
  • Benjamin

Kye on KTT

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:12 AM

Oh wow. My friend was telling me about Tyler and I didn't know he was from this..I fail.

springsteen_fan
  • springsteen_fan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

Have any of you guys seen them live? I highly recommend it. I did two times and it's f*cking insane. Everyone was crowdsurfing, whole crowd got on stage during the last song, Radicals. Got to speak to Tyler and Hodgy, they're really cool and friendly.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, Jun 30 2011, 06:18)
I love RA the Rugged Man's music, but I despise the man himself because he's an utterly disgusting example of humanity in it's utmost form

can you explain that part? as in what way he's disgusting etc. it's not that I'm challenging your intelligence or anything, but after listening to Uncommon Valour, I've been getting into RA more and more.

OF are great in my opinion, mainly for the impact they've made, like Yonkers, I remember hearing that I think at the beginning of the year (?) and thinking it was awesome because it was different, it had the "challenge everything" mentality. when I listened to more than whats on the surface, I realized they were just in it for the fun really, hell yeah they're gonna make money out of it, at least Tyler has been honest about it, even if he meant it with two sides to that coin. it's like the stark contrast from them and people such as Atmosphere, Sage Francis and E&A. Slug remains pretty grounded despite being famous, and I respect that a lot, and I just think it's cool to see the like of Odd Future swaggering into the metaphorically house party that is music, calling the host and c*nt, saying his bitch is ugly and then trashing the place then looting it after.

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 21:25)
and I just think it's cool to see the like of Odd Future swaggering into the metaphorically house party that is music, calling the host and c*nt, saying his bitch is ugly and then trashing the place then looting it after.

I really really really like that metaphor.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 15:25)
I love RA the Rugged Man's music, but I despise the man himself because he's an utterly disgusting example of humanity in it's utmost form

can you explain that part? as in what way he's disgusting etc. it's not that I'm challenging your intelligence or anything, but after listening to Uncommon Valour, I've been getting into RA more and more

Aside from his obvious slightly nauseating obsession with sex, a big part of his image (atleast from my point of view) is the fact that he got kicked from his record label back in the day because he happens to be a generally disgusting individual with an even nastier personality. It's rumored (atleast from what I remember, I'm probably wrong) he assaulted studio personal on several occasions, as well as fairly consistent accusations of sexual harassment.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Monday, Jul 18 2011, 02:28)
QUOTE (Claude4Catalina @ Sunday, Jul 17 2011, 15:25)

can you explain that part? as in what way he's disgusting etc. it's not that I'm challenging your intelligence or anything, but after listening to Uncommon Valour, I've been getting into RA more and more

Aside from his obvious slightly nauseating obsession with sex, a big part of his image (atleast from my point of view) is the fact that he got kicked from his record label back in the day because he happens to be a generally disgusting individual with an even nastier personality. It's rumored (atleast from what I remember, I'm probably wrong) he assaulted studio personal on several occasions, as well as fairly consistent accusations of sexual harassment.

This was suppose to be RA's first single to hit the RADIO... If you know about RA, then you would've understood where King was comin' from.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:23 AM

looks like I've been bandwagoning a bit then; RA sounds like an interesting personalityto say the least...

back on the subject of OF, whats the opinion of the "She" music video?
(or is it "Her"? damn you Tyler for having two similar tracks with similar names!)

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

Yeah, She. It's a good video, very well shot and looks like it's had a bit of money spent on it. It certainly helped me visualise the song a little better. Frank Ocean's voice just makes it one of the stand-out tracks of Goblin in my opinion.

Here it is for those who haven't seen it.

Padmasana
  • Padmasana

say wha?

• The Connection

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

Listening to Forest Green a bunch lately, making me really excited for GOLD to drop.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:12 AM

Oh, Mike G has something new planned? When's that due?

Rokas.
  • Rokas.

play it f*cking loud

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

I can't believe it's Odd Future. Sounds f*cking badass

Rokas.
  • Rokas.

play it f*cking loud

• Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Bump!

The Internet realeased a new single. I think it's f*cking amazing

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:43 AM

Does Syd Tha Kyd have any solo material? I mean, just beats or something? I love her.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Yeah. It's called "Raunchboots." Definitely check it out.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

So UK tour tickets are on sale friday. So want to go but they will sell out quick as f*ck and I'm poor sad.gif

Rokas.
  • Rokas.

play it f*cking loud

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

well at least they're coming there. They would never come here because I'm like the only one who likes them in this village called lithuania?

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

Best interview ever.

Got in to these guys a few months back. I really dig "Radical" and "Bastard", seems like a great breathe of fresh air in a stagnant industry.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

I was listening to them, especially to Tyler. The whole group is just f*cking awesome.

Bitch.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

Announced title of the album: Purple Naked Ladies

Along with the new EP, The Internet have offered up details on their first full length, Purple Naked Ladies. The collection is set to run 14 tracks, including those on the Cocaine EP. The LP will be released through Odd Future Records on December 20 digitally, and January 17 with bonus tracks physically. Check out the tracklist.

The Internet Purple Naked Ladies
01 Violet Nude Women
02 They Say/Shangrila [ft. Tay Walker]
03 She Dgaf
04 C*nt
05 Cocaine/Tevie [ft. Left Brain]
06 Ode to a Dream [ft. Kilo Kish and Coco O.]
07 Gurl [ft. Pyramid Vritra]
08 Love Song -1
09 Lincoln [ft. Mike G and Left Brain]
10 Web of Me
11 She Knows
12 Fastlane
13 Visions [ft. Coco O.]
14 The Garden

Sounds f*cking radical. Really glad to see Kilo Kish making an appearance, I really loved her on Jet Age's Want You Still

Pupsy
  • Pupsy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:11 PM

Definitely getting PNL on CD in Jan - a day after my Bday biggrin.gif awesome bday present.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

I can't wait for PNL, I'll be getting that from iTunes the very morning I get in from work.

kareljanis
  • kareljanis

Player lover

• Members

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

I was super into these guys when i first heard em, but that's kind of changed. I still dig domo, mike g, frank ocean, and earl has a lot of potential. But with tyler and the others...it just seems so gimmicky. Being shocking just to get attention, it kinda pisses me off.

one of my fav songs in general right now

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (kareljanis @ Thursday, Dec 15 2011, 00:39)
But with tyler and the others...it just seems so gimmicky. Being shocking just to get attention, it kinda pisses me off.

Tyler and the others? Pretty sure Tyler and Earl are the only ones who do that. It's pretty typical these days to say someone only does something for attention. I think it's bullsh*t and pretentious to say that's why he does it. The dude just likes to write about that sh*t. Just because it's kind of out of the ordinary... That kind of thinking stifles creativity. Same with this "hipster" nonsense. Anything with a little bit of individuality gets labeled hipster because internet armchair critics think anything that deviates from the status quo is "doing it for attention." f*ck people.

You know, people said the same thing about Eminem and South Park in the late 90s/early 00s. Interesting how they've become two beacons of genuine creativity in a continuously stagnating popular culture scene.

Hodgy Beats > all of them, is what I'm saying. I love the Dena Tape; MellowHype BlackenedWhite, and I'm waiting for Numbers and for him to do a proper solo release.

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:29 PM

All these artists show how sh*tty the rap genre really is. It's not about making music, t's about causing the most offence and getting attention that way.

I say, if an artist really had talent, they would get attention by making sick music, not by putting out disgusting lyrics...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users