Photo

Physical Fitness Topic

57 replies to this topic
Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Hey guys, I don't know if any of you really work out and or play sports at all, but I thought I'd make a topic in here to discuss physical fitness.

I currently go to the gym about 5 times a week and lift weights as well as do cardio. My training schedule is as follows:

Monday- Chest
Tuesday- Back
Wednesday- Day Off
Thursday- Shoulders
Friday- Arms
Saturday- Off
Sunday- Legs

I've been going to the gym for about 5 years now, and I truly believe that I will be going for the rest of my life.

Anyway, enough about me, I want to know about your guys training. I just thought I would make this topic to see what your guys life style are like.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

A Better Tomorrow 12/02/14

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

I don't actually go to the gym but I do weights, press-up's and sit-up's every day icon14.gif

Josh
  • Josh

I wasn't born so much as I fell out

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

I have always been fascinated by triathlons and do some informal triathlon training. I run 5k every other day and I do weights, I am currently thinking of getting a swimming club membership and I need to fix my bike. But until that point I'm rowing and doing weights to strengthen my shoulders (I have a weak left shoulder due to an old rugby injury which means that I can't carry too much weight on it so I need the weight training to try and get it working normally). And to add to that I do press ups and sit ups because I find them pretty therapeutic.

WF the Hobgoblin
  • WF the Hobgoblin

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

Used to lift weights and do push ups every night but haven't done them for a while since having an operation in april.

Go running round the park at least twice a week, sometimes three or four times. Other than the occasional long walk or cycle, that's about it.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Eating is my workout. What can I say? I am a fat man stuck in a skinny man's body.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (κενιη @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 11:20)
Eating is my workout. What can I say? I am a fat man stuck in a skinny man's body.

You never kept any training habits from the army man? You look like your in pretty good shape to me.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

I hate going to gyms, so I don't. All I need is a few weights and gravity to get the job done. Besides, I often like to smoke weed during my routine and gym culture doesn't take too kindly to that. I've found a nice little workout that I practice in waves throughout the year.

I don't even know what to call the kind of lifts I do, but I do some sh*t with dumbbells to my work my arms, back, and shoulders. Then do sit-ups and pushups to try and get my torso in shape.

I don't do it for the personal satisfaction of looking/feeling good (at least I try to believe this), but more so out of respect for my body. I play sports as often as I can - football/soccer, tennis, chess - and the least I can do is try and prepare it for physical activity to the point where I don't feel out of my depth. Plus, I'm granted only one body in my lifetime and I think it'd be a damn shame to not take care of it. I hate running. But I try and run sometimes, probably no more than 2k in one session.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (TheCacti @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 12:16)
I hate going to gyms, so I don't. All I need is a few weights and gravity to get the job done. Besides, I often like to smoke weed during my routine and gym culture doesn't take too kindly to that. I've found a nice little workout that I practice in waves throughout the year.

Ironically enough, I've had a few work out buddies that would smoke weed before working out. I don't know why, but it seems like weed and bodybuilding/weight lifting go hand in hand. I've never tried it before, so I don't know what it's all about (smoking weed before training I mean).

Kirst
  • Kirst

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

I do climbing, rowing, running, swimming and anything else that comes to mind, randomly though I don't really have a "routine" tbh

Kippers
  • Kippers

皆さんこんにちは

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:31 PM Edited by kippers., 28 June 2011 - 04:37 PM.

Treadmill 20 mins
Rower intervals 200m/1 min active rest (x4-6)

All 8-12 x 2

Leg press (100kg)
DB Push press (16kg)
Cable single arm rows (55kg)
Cable Wood chop (55kg)
Assisted/BW Pull ups (40kg)
DB Chest Press (16kg)
Lat Pulldowns (50kg)
Seated Rows (50kg)

Russian Twists - 20 x 2
Oblique Curls 10 each side x 2
Ab curls
-Hands on Knees 10 x 2
-Legs crossed 10 x 2
-Legs up 10 x 2
Back extensions on ball 15 x 2

+ an extra half an hours strength training with barbells (dead lifts and the like)

And I play basketball during the week.

Every other day, every week. Some of those weights may not seem very heavy but it keeps me healthy icon14.gif

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

A Better Tomorrow 12/02/14

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Oh yeah and I also play a lot of sport too which helps my fitness too icon14.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:35 PM

I don't really "work out", because I get my exercise from work.

But I do ride bikes, which has never done me wrong.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 12:35)
I don't really "work out", because I get my exercise from work.

But I do ride bikes, which has never done me wrong.

Your a contractor aren't ya? That is some of the hardest work around, in my opinion. Gyprock is the biggest pain in the ass there is.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:40 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 28 June 2011 - 04:43 PM.

Try 3/4-inch plywood on the ceiling.

Feel that sh*t for a week.

Edit: Or soaking wet/ frozen 20 foot 2x12s, or 15-foot 6x6s or 600 sheets of 'rock, etc, etc.......

biggrin.gif

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 12:40)
Try 3/4-inch plywood on the ceiling.

Feel that sh*t for a week.

I helped my dad do the basement ceiling with the 3/4 inch 12 ft drywall. My shoulders were sore for about a week.

Also, I used to work at a building supply center called Kent up here and we used to have to deliver hundreds of sheets of that sh*t all the time. If anything is going to make you sore, it'll be that stuff.

Kevin...
  • Kevin...

Bringer of Dramageddon

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (LithiuM @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 10:40)
QUOTE (κενιη @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 11:20)

You never kept any training habits from the army man? You look like your in pretty good shape to me.

Between working around the house, on the far with the horses, or on my or someone's vehicle, I guess I keep busy enough. In all honesty, my caloric intake should far outnumber my use. I thought for sure my body would stop all the teenage metabolism sh*t when I stopped growing but it hasn't yet. I actually gain more weight during the summer when I am more active and eat less than I do in the winter when I eat and sit on my ass most of the day.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Liftin'Em)

I helped my dad do the basement ceiling with the 3/4 inch 12 ft drywall. My shoulders were sore for about a week.

Also, I used to work at a building supply center called Kent up here and we used to have to deliver hundreds of sheets of that sh*t all the time. If anything is going to make you sore, it'll be that stuff.

Yeah, that sh*t can be quite a pain, especially the water-resistant stuff too.

The plywood I was putting up was 9-ply, pretty expensive and very, very heavy, but on the bright side, the money for that job was excellent!

Still, carrying that sh*t up a ladder is no fun.

Der_Don
  • Der_Don

2014 FIFA WC Prediction League 15th place.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

I go jogging once a week (about 10 km). It was hard the first few weeks, but it's actually really satisfying.
I used to play club-football (soccer) for about 12 years. But when I was 16, I had other things in mind than playing football. I don't like gyms at all. Don't know why. It's not my thing, but I've been working out at home recently, doing sit-ups, push-ups etc.

Fleckz
  • Fleckz

~ Sierra Lieutenant ~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:47 AM

I lift dumb-bells at home, and do sit ups and press ups. I did go to gym last year alot, but I've also seen great improvement in my arms and body that I never got at the gym. I'm quite happy with my body at the moment.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Look at his little spots!

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

When I was younger, I used to swim semi-professionally. Competed in the national championships when I was about 16, but didn't make it past the early heats. These days I still swim from time to time, plus I do about a 3 mile run every other day and gym three times a week.

ska
  • ska

Hemiplegia

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:10 AM

I didn't used to be very in to physical fitness, but about a year ago I started P90X and have pretty much kept the same routine as in the program, even after it ended. Didn't follow the eating plan or anything, but that's because I already eat pretty decent in general.

Monday usually consists of core work, you know, like everything except the arms and legs. Tuesday is cardio day. Wednesday I usually work on shoulders and arms, but sometimes I switch it up with chest and shoulders. Thursday, an hour and a half of yoga. And finally, Friday consists of legs and back.

It's all pretty much perfect for me, and I've been able to stay in great shape too which is always a plus.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

I've been trying to bring my left calf in line with my right one lately. They're not terribly large, 40 and 41.5 cm respectively (15" and 15.6-ish") but the size difference is so painfully obvious, not to mention the difference in definition. Been laxing with the right one and burning out the left one like all hell. First time I tried my 'new' calf routine I had veins a-poppin' all over the place and the DOMS had me hobbling around like a gimp for a good three days.

My overall goal is to gain enough lean mass to be able to cut my bodyfat below 15 % and not look tiny and scrawny. I lost a good deal of muscle going on a 1,500 calorie deficit diet for a few months last year (nigga was FAT) so I'm going to take it a lot slower on the next cut.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

I simply don't care enough to keep in shape TBH.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm not a gym guy. I hate gyms. In fact, if my friends ask me to go to the gym with them, I just come up with a lazy excuse. I hate the idea of working out while other people are around you.

This is why every Wednesday I go cycling at a local park. It's a nice place to exercise with the cool breeze from the river and if I am ever hungry I just go to a nearby chicken restaurant.

Oh did I mention I love cycling?

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Wednesday, Jun 29 2011, 05:28)
I simply don't care enough to keep in shape TBH.

I'm sure many people on here feel the same way or this topic would be bigger.

On a side note I had an awesome chest workout last night. Did 315 on bench press for 4 reps and I'm happy with that because I haven't done that in a long time! I just need to get my nutrition in check, and I'll be all set.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Well, I've lost about 15-18 lbs. in around a month and a half, so I'm doing pretty well.

dills
  • dills

Work it Carlton!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

How's your weight loss going Lithium? You were doing pretty good IIRC.

Lithium
  • Lithium

Draugr

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (dills @ Wednesday, Jun 29 2011, 09:45)

I've managed to keep about 20 lbs off from what I originally started at. I'm still eating generally healthy, but fast food is my weakness. If I didn't work out I'd probably be about 400 lbs, lol.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

My weakness is probably soft drinks, but I've been drinking soda and stuff less and it definitely helps.

dills
  • dills

Work it Carlton!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (LithiuM @ Wednesday, Jun 29 2011, 14:52)
QUOTE (dills @ Wednesday, Jun 29 2011, 09:45)

I've managed to keep about 20 lbs off from what I originally started at. I'm still eating generally healthy, but fast food is my weakness. If I didn't work out I'd probably be about 400 lbs, lol.

Fair enough mate. I've managed to drop 85lbs from September but haven't lost any weight throughout June, I'm still about 50-60lbs off my target and so going a month without losing any weight is a bit irritating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users