Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA : great problem - Can someone help me?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

On my pc grand theft auto 3 was working fine cool.gif , but then i moved it to another location, a glitch started. The gta3 opened as normally, but when i started a game, the textures didn't loaded angry.gif /except for claude, 8-balls and the kuruma, but not it's wheels/ ,sound was missing and controls didn't worked.please help

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Is your game fully original? Is it modded? Why did you move the game to other location if you could reinstall it, you can backup your saves only?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're not playing it in Windows ME, are you? tounge.gif

winme05
  • winme05

Ignore username. It's ATOS Productions.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Monday, Jun 27 2011, 14:11)
Is your game fully original? Is it modded? Why did you move the game to other location if you could reinstall it, you can backup your saves only?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're not playing it in Windows ME, are you? tounge.gif

I have tried full v1.0 and v1.1, both with and without mods, downloaded from torrents, because CDs in stores are rare at Latvia, and mostly they're glitchy versions in russian with hidden virus.

I moved it because it was annoyng to dig through the files every time i needed to copy or replace something.

I am playing on Windows XP, with AMD Athlon XP running on 1,83 GhZ with 256 MBs of RAM and NVIDIA graphics card - GeForce 4 MX 440 with AGP8X

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

Get out of here. We don't like warez around here- it causes problems and is illegal anyways. (And against the rules)

Go download it from Steam or something.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

downloaded from torrents, because CDs in stores are rare at Latvia,

CD games may be rare in your country, BUT...If you have internet access(since you are accessing GTAForums, it means you do have internet), you can access the Steam AND D2D AND Amazon websites, These are LEGAL DOWNLOADS of games...anything else is illegal(both a violation of Forum rules AND Statue 812.014-a federal crime)...

SO, either BUY a LEGAL version from Steam OR D2D OR Amazon.com OR we CANNOT help here, as there is a NO WAREZ policy in place and fully enforced..So, stop making excuses(or being cheap-the game is less than $10) and just BUY the game if you want it to work right...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 22:57)
anything else is illegal(both a violation of Forum rules AND Statue 812.014-a federal crime)...

..So, stop making excuses(or being cheap-the game is less than $10) and just BUY the game if you want it to work right...

Look, man, he's not in U.S., and as we know, U.S. laws don't work outside USA, just like in any other country.

In our country, for instance, we don't have DVD version games at all - all games are No-CD programs, even those that were intended by the original publisher to run on DVDs. And I don't thik that this is a violation of the publisher rights, as the game is being sold, and we still play it and pray to the creators for having made those games.

So give the guy a rest. Just saying that it's a violation of the GTAForums rules is enough.

I am sure that everyone from Central and Eastern Europe will confirm my words: in Central and East European countries DVD games are VERY hard to find, mostly there are No-DVDs games.

About the price... For you, in U.S., it can be cheap, but you, most probably, are unaware of currency course for different countries. It may appear that $10 builds up to half of the month's salary of a medium-class citizen in that certain country... So it's cannot be THAT cheap...

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 15:28)
QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 22:57)
anything else is illegal(both a violation of Forum rules AND Statue 812.014-a federal crime)...

..So, stop making excuses(or being cheap-the game is less than $10) and just BUY the game if you want it to work right...

Look, man, he's not in U.S., and as we know, U.S. laws don't work outside USA, just like in any other country.

In our country, for instance, we don't have DVD version games at all - all games are No-CD programs, even those that were intended by the original publisher to run on DVDs. And I don't thik that this is a violation of the publisher rights, as the game is being sold, and we still play it and pray to the creators for having made those games.

So give the guy a rest. Just saying that it's a violation of the GTAForums rules is enough.

I am sure that everyone from Central and Eastern Europe will confirm my words: in Central and East European countries DVD games are VERY hard to find, mostly there are No-DVDs games.

About the price... For you, in U.S., it can be cheap, but you, most probably, are unaware of currency course for different countries. It may appear that $10 builds up to half of the month's salary of a medium-class citizen in that certain country... So it's cannot be THAT cheap...

I know, that is why I said "CD games may be rare in your country..." That is why they have legal download sites such as Steam and D2D and Amazon game downloads and Gamestop game downloads...as alternatives to buying games on CD(or DVD in some cases)...So, what I was getting at, is..If your country does not have games on CD for whatever reason, there are legal game download sites that sell games, so there is NO excuse/reason to download a pirated version of games...right? confused.gif

I know a little about currency exchanges, as my best friend is from Germany and I have a few friends from Bulgaria(which I talk to quite often via Skype. My Best friend from Germany lives here in the USA as of 2005. From what they tell me, there is not really much difference in the exchange rate between the USA and those regions... Also, $10 is not really that expensive-even if you have a job making minimum wage(which right now ranges from $7.25/hr to $8.67/hr depending on the area you live in(pretty much all countries have a minimum wage, right?)

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Friday, Jul 1 2011, 23:48)
Also, $10 is not really that expensive-even if you have a job making minimum wage(which right now ranges from $7.25/hr to $8.67/hr depending on the area you live in(pretty much all countries have a minimum wage, right?)

Well, there are some countries, especially in Asia and central Africa, that have over-inflation, so $ 10 may be half a month's wage.

In Eastern Europe a medium class citizen earns like $ 800 - $ 1.500 per month, depending on a country. Still, not that expensive though.

Personally I got my GTA games fro PC via Direct2Drive, as I couldn't find a DVD version for any of those.

On, topic, I think this topic is due to be locked, as it lived out its usefullness.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

Make sure you have a legally purchased copy as not having one might explain your problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users