GTA SA not working
Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:31 PM
AMD Phenom II X4 820 Processor 2.8 GHz
4.0 GB RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
ATI Radeon HD 5450
I've tried uninstalling, re-installing.
And deleting User Folder which worked, but I can't keep save =(
Is there anything I can do???
Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:02 AM
If you tried to MOD the game, that would be a part of the problem as V3 (Steam) can't be Modded.
Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:58 AM
1. Did you downloaded your game?
2. Are you using any no/cd cracks?
Try and do these things:
1. Run your game in Windows 98 compatibility mode OR in Windows XP Service Pack 2/3 Compatibilty.
2. Delete gta_sa.set file in found here: C:\Users\You User\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files
3. Run the game as Administrator.
4. Check for overheating.
5. Check if the CD is working or not (because it might have scratches, etc.).
6. Download OFFICIAL patches from the internet and install it into game. I recommend you to use the v1.01 Patch.
7. Check if your savegame is corrupted.
8. Either disable your Anti-Virus or do these:
a. Click on the "Start".
b. Next, Click on "Run" ( or simply press Windows + R )
c. Type in "systempropertiesperformance" (without the quotes)
d. On the Visual Effects Tab, Click on "Adjust for best Performance"
e. Then Click on "Apply"
f. Lastly, on the "Data Execution Prevention Tab", Click on "Add" then browse for
your GTA San Andreas Directory.. Ex. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas"
g. Then Click on gta_sa.exe or if you have a steam version, click on gta-sa.exe
h. Tell us if it worked!
Or if that didn't work, do this:
If you're on Vista/7, you'll need to do this:
1) Uninstall SA.
2) Delete the installation folder if it still exists. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
3) Delete the Virtual Store copy of the installation folder too. The Appdata folder might be hidden. (e.g. C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas).
4) Delete the gta_sa.set file from your user files folder.
6) Reinstall SA.
And if it still didn't work, this is you last option:
REINSTALL YOUR WINDOWS OR UPGRADE IT TO WINDOWS 7
If that didn't work too, then your last and final option to do is:
LIVE WITH IT!
That is all I can think of.. Sorry.. if all of that didn't work..
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users