Just look at unlisted credits and take a wild guess what I found. biggrin.gif
http://www.imdb.com/...277723/combined

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

This is somebody's mistake, because Claude didn't say a word in GTA III and what's more he's listed as Claude 'Claude' Speed, which is kinda strange.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

Because he played Claude Speed in the GTA2 mini-movie

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

I mean, Claude was supposed to speak.

Claude 'Claude' Speed (voice) (uncredited)

Didn't you know?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:12 AM

Claude was not supposed to speak at all, R* stated that from the off, because you were supposed to be the protag,

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

I know, but from the beta trailers, you can state, that they have just changed their minds, so every R* statement is bullsh*t - for example look what they have said about the game - nothing has changed? Bullsh*t. Blue police vechicles, darkel etc.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

They actually said they had changed things because of 911, and no in the trailers he speaks once, most likely because they just ported all the audio from GTA2.

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (MAN IN THE DARK @ Saturday, Jun 25 2011, 04:17)

you can't really trust IMDB.Anyone can edit it and put what they want.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:47 PM

They actually said they had changed things because of 911, and no in the trailers he speaks once, most likely because they just ported all the audio from GTA2.

I know, but this is no argument.
+ in the beginning they were talking that nothing was changed.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

It is in fact a very valid argument, and afaik the quotes from the time, and I'm paraphrasing, but basically that GTA3's release was put back due to 911 attacks effecting the staff working for R* and the fact they wanted to make certain changes to the game, because some of it felt insensitive given the time.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Saturday, Jun 25 2011, 08:47)

They did not change stuff BECAUSE of 911, it was released in October.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

I wonder who voiced all the grunting and panting noises for Claude?

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Sunday, Jun 26 2011, 21:44)
I wonder who voiced all the grunting and panting noises for Claude?

That would be my guess as to why Claude has an uncredited speaking part.

Plus, it's VERY possible they intended Claude to speak at some point.

MAN IN THE DARK
  • MAN IN THE DARK

WHITE

• Members

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:31 PM Edited by MAN IN THE DARK, 16 December 2011 - 05:33 PM.

The whole point of this topic was to question "who did animation for Claude Speed?" And imdb telling us it was Scott Maslen

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Wow, you guys sure know how to pull "facts" out of your asses.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (ViceDiaz @ Saturday, Jun 25 2011, 12:39)
QUOTE (MAN IN THE DARK @ Saturday, Jun 25 2011, 04:17)

you can't really trust IMDB.Anyone can edit it and put what they want.

Except this is actually true, as pointed out, Scott Maslen is the actor who played Claude Speed for the GTA2 Movie.

edit: Didn't notice it was linking to GTA3, yeah, this is false, Scott was only involved with GTA2.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Whoever edited IMDB might have meant to credit the use of Maslen's likeness as Claude's model on the theory that a number of video game franchises had a live actor play the character in full motion video during the early CD-ROM era and however that actor looked stuck even in sequels the actor had nothing to do with. Example: Kyle Katarn in the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series.

Claude in the GTA III era isn't considered to be Claude Speed of GTA 2 now, but I think when GTA III was made the designers at DMA probably thought of Claude as being the avatar in both games, before there was all this "GTA III era" story continuity to think about.

dc_ae
  • dc_ae

n/a

• Members

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Sunday, Jun 26 2011, 18:06)
QUOTE (Filip454 @ Saturday, Jun 25 2011, 08:47)

They did not change stuff BECAUSE of 911, it was released in October.

They actually delayed the game by three weeks. It was going to be released in the last days of September or beginning of October
"Take-Two Interactive has announced that it has revised its fourth-quarter publishing schedule as a result of the terrorist attacks last week. In particular, Grand Theft Auto 3 and Smuggler's Run 2 for the Sony PlayStation 2, which were originally slated for release later this month, have now been pushed back to the second half of October. The delay is a result of the company's desire to alter specific content in both games. Grand Theft Auto 3 includes particular references to New York City"
They did change stuff and delayed the game due to the 9/11 attacks

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

That's right. So they have changed some things.

Niall
  • Niall

• Members

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Rockstar says:
About 1% different. We removed only one mission that referenced terrorists and changed a few other cosmetic details car details, a couple of ped comments, lines of radio dialogue etc the game came out a very short time later. The biggest change was the US packaging which remixed the previous packaging into what became our signature style because the previous packaging [which was released as the cover of the game in Europe] was, we felt, too raw after 9/11. All of the more extreme rumours are amusing but impossible to have been achieved in such a short period of time.

Sauce

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by DarrinPA, 29 May 2013 - 03:19 AM.

QUOTE (Niall @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 20:48)
Rockstar says:
About 1% different. We removed only one mission that referenced terrorists and changed a few other cosmetic details car details, a couple of ped comments, lines of radio dialogue etc the game came out a very short time later. The biggest change was the US packaging which remixed the previous packaging into what became our signature style because the previous packaging [which was released as the cover of the game in Europe] was, we felt, too raw after 9/11. All of the more extreme rumours are amusing but impossible to have been achieved in such a short period of time.

Sauce

But even that quote falls short of naming eveything they changed. They didn't mention taking out pedestrians, only their "comments" yet in this IGN quote of Sam Houser it mentions removing the pedestrians.

Sam Houser publicly announced GTA III's release would slip three weeks, then the whole team combed Liberty City -- their thinly veiled New York -- for inappropriate content. LCPD squad cars were repainted to look less like the NYPD. Aircraft-based missions, a GTA first, were curtailed. School kids and elderly pedestrians pushing walkers vanished off the sidewalks. Missions doled out by homeless anarchist Darkel got the chop; only his ice cream truck-bomb job survived, transferred to El Burro with the targets switched from cops to rival gangsters.

I have to agree with Philip454 "every R* statement is bullsh*t" because they have been caught in so many lies.

Salvatore Leone Is a Don
  • Salvatore Leone Is a Don

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

so is Claude english?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

It seems to me that Sam Houser is trying to play a nice guy, trying to be on everyone's good side, while at the same time, hide all the truths and give a convenient version of events that went behind the scene.

In an attempt to spread a web of lies and half-truths to soothe everybody's burning questions, he messed things up so much that we won't know for sure now if any truth has been told at all.

One thing is for certain though: it became undoubtedly evident that he is a liar.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2KSG

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

The two paragraphs that DarrinPA posted don't really contradict each other. The first one is a bit vague, I'll give you that, but we don't know who made those statements. The second paragraph is more detailed it seems but it's still vague in a way. They should have quoted his exact words. Instead IGN gave us a description of things that got removed without any real sources whatsoever. Have you seen any "school kids and elderly pedestrians pushing walkers" in any of the pictures? That info seems suspicious.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 19:04)
The two paragraphs that DarrinPA posted don't really contradict each other. The first one is a bit vague, I'll give you that, but we don't know who made those statements. The second paragraph is more detailed it seems but it's still vague in a way. They should have quoted his exact words. Instead IGN gave us a description of things that got removed without any real sources whatsoever. Have you seen any "school kids and elderly pedestrians pushing walkers" in any of the pictures? That info seems suspicious.

I have to agree, we will never know for sure what exactly was removed.

But there were numerous misappropriations over the course of the interviews given. Often there was no answer to the question at all, instead, there was an ambiguity which gives an answer to nothing.

Just check the Q&A page on Rockstar's site and you'll know what exactly I meant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users