(WIP) GTA England

118 replies to this topic
TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

GTA V: San Andreas.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

soz to double post
i just installed the GTA Vice City HUD for GTA SA and this is the problem i have
user posted image
it covers the money!!
also the people on the moon are my Nan and Granddad
the moon will be the NORMAL moon but i decided to put my Grandparents on the moon out of respect

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:23 PM Edited by PrometheusX, 07 July 2011 - 09:29 PM.

QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 21:04)
the moon will be the NORMAL moon but i decided to put my Grandparents on the moon out of respect

I don't mean to be disprespectful in any way, but I think the one in the right doesn't look like a human.

EDIT: Oh I see now sry.

You should pay attention to the details, and do your best to make it fit right (for example making your grandparents' pic shape the same as the moon (circle), also making the moon light strong to look nice tounge.gif ) and stuff like that.

The_asshole
  • The_asshole

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

This isn't the help section, stop f*cking spamming. BTW you did a terrible job with the moon, it looks like sh*t. You just pasted the pitcure over the moon in a very poor way like you dont give a f*ck about your grandparents

I think the one in the right doesn't look like a human.

ROFLMAO

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (PrometheusX @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 21:23)
QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 21:04)

I don't mean to be disprespectful in any way, but I think the one in the right doesn't look like a human.

EDIT: Oh I see now sry.

yeah i had the camera too close so the pics are pixeled!
tomorrow im gonna reatke the pic but with the camera futher away so i can get (hopefully) good quality of my Nan and Granddad because in game i cant see my nans face too much

the pic was on their wedding day and the only pic i could find with both of them together

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (The_asshole @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 21:24)
This isn't the help section, stop f*cking spamming. BTW you did a terrible job with the moon, it looks like sh*t. You just pasted the pitcure over the moon in a very poor way like you dont give a f*ck about your grandparents

I think the one in the right doesn't look like a human.

ROFLMAO

i dont useally double post but this is a different matter
you are a low life
if your grandparents died and you had deep respect you wouldnt want that comment so think about that
do you have a youtube account? if so me and you can sort this out properly >: O

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 21:31)
i dont useally double post but this is a different matter
you are a low life
if your grandparents died and you had deep respect you wouldnt want that comment so think about that
do you have a youtube account? if so me and you can sort this out properly >: O

I'm so sorry that your grandparents died. sad.gif

Actually you frequently double post, just pay attention next time. icon14.gif

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

ahh he has been banned biggrin.gif
THANK YOU ADMINS

back on topic: i tried Exporting GTA VC Kent Paul (from the PS2 disc cos i dont have Vice City for PC) and when i selected "import" it said access violation and i couldnt import him

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

It's impossible to export from console to 3dsmax, only can import things from PC.

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (ManDog @ Thursday, Jul 7 2011, 21:52)
It's impossible to export from console to 3dsmax, only can import things from PC.

damn sad.gif i dont want it to look like i stle someone elses characters sad.gif i got GTA III so maybe i should import Salavatore and make him a football Manager in the story XD

madalin2009
  • madalin2009

Modder for every GTA except IV.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

No offense, but this mod is not going to succeed in my opinion. Like many others have said, you start out with smaller stuff.
Also, when you make a Total Conversion, you start on a clean copy of San Andreas, so the others will not be confused to what is included in the modification and what is not.
When you start a Total Conversion, you usually have a team - you cannot do an entire Total Conversion by yourself unless you dedicate many, many years (note- even 5 to 7) to launch a proper beta (see State of Liberty before it fused with VCO).
You are also showing immaturity - tons of it. On forums, you must be polite and try to accept criticism correctly. Try to prove people wrong by showing them your experience and what you can do RIGHT - and that seems NOTHING in your case.
When you start a total conversion, you must either be a very good modeller/mapper and/or a very good <insert something such as SCM scripter, etc here>.
You did nothing.

How old are you, anyway?
No offense, once again, but I despise those who cannot type properly in their OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE.
English is my third language, and I swear to God that you fail heavily.

-TheBetaFox

(This isn't my account, by the way. I'm registering to GTAForums right now. :T)

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (madalin2009 @ Friday, Jul 8 2011, 12:45)
No offense, but this mod is not going to succeed in my opinion. Like many others have said, you start out with smaller stuff.
Also, when you make a Total Conversion, you start on a clean copy of San Andreas, so the others will not be confused to what is included in the modification and what is not.
When you start a Total Conversion, you usually have a team - you cannot do an entire Total Conversion by yourself unless you dedicate many, many years (note- even 5 to 7) to launch a proper beta (see State of Liberty before it fused with VCO).
You are also showing immaturity - tons of it. On forums, you must be polite and try to accept criticism correctly. Try to prove people wrong by showing them your experience and what you can do RIGHT - and that seems NOTHING in your case.
When you start a total conversion, you must either be a very good modeller/mapper and/or a very good <insert something such as SCM scripter, etc here>.
You did nothing.

How old are you, anyway?
No offense, once again, but I despise those who cannot type properly in their OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE.
English is my third language, and I swear to God that you fail heavily.

-TheBetaFox

(This isn't my account, by the way. I'm registering to GTAForums right now. :T)

this si going to sound stupid i know but
nearly everyone who has posted in this topic has not offered to help
i am one person who can take critism well as you can probably tell
maybe your right i'll start with retextures first then gradually increase
im 13 by the way

GEtSTOKeD
  • GEtSTOKeD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:18 PM Edited by GEtSTOKeD, 04 October 2011 - 04:45 PM.

hey ignore the bad comments on here yeh , im from england and am willing to help build this mod , i have uk buses that could contribute to the mod which i made myself , if you need an extra modder then give me info on what else needs to be done and ill start work on it
also there is one thing that bugs me , is the traffic , to give it a real feel of uk is there any way to swap sides on which the traffic drives.

I also have knowledge makin some basic cleo scripts to make cars park on new maps etc ,
I also hav sum small knowledge on map editor as iv created bus stations in the past

Oh and just a small idea to save a lot of time , and i reckon it would also look better , is there anyway to get the map from the getaway games into san andreas as then one city wwould be done quickly and look good too .

FreeBirdYeah
  • FreeBirdYeah

­

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:49 PM Edited by FreeBirdYeah, 04 October 2011 - 04:51 PM.

I once thought it would be a good idea for a total conversion to "hide" San Andreas and just make a new big island using mostly roads and buildings that are already in the game (using Map Editor). Because it's really hard to "change the feeling" of the SA map that we already know so well into a different place, it's better to make a new map. And this is an easy way (except for the need to make paths, place the LODs and make scripts and stuff later on).
Just my stupid opinion turn.gif

EDIT:
QUOTE (GEtSTOKeD)
is there anyway to get the map from the getaway games into san andreas as then one city wwould be done quickly and look good too

that would be so awesome cool.gif , although it sounds nearly impossible

GEtSTOKeD
  • GEtSTOKeD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

yeh not a bad idea , but would be easier if we could tax the getaways london map cus saves makin or editing maps

Are these guys still working on this?

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (GEtSTOKeD @ Tuesday, Oct 4 2011, 16:50)
yeh not a bad idea , but would be easier if we could tax the getaways london map cus saves makin or editing maps

Are these guys still working on this?

Nobody offered to help so it was only me working on this.
But anyway before I resume work on this I'm working on my moddelling and texturing skills.
I'm using my own created player model...... JIMMY HOPKINS
Yes, that is right, I am working on a Jimmy Hopkins player model, which should I ever resume work on this will be the protagonist. biggrin.gif
Picture one.
Picture 2.
Picture 3
Last picture.
The player model IS mine, with a bit of help from some friends on YouTube and a good friend on my street.

juarez
  • juarez

Memory Hacking

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:36 PM Edited by juarez, 05 October 2011 - 07:33 PM.

Werry good.

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Please don't spam.
As Andrew said a few pages back, if you have nothing to contribute to the mod, don't bother posting.

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:05 PM Edited by Frank.s, 05 October 2011 - 07:14 PM.

The state of San Andreas is too American-y, a brand new map that removes SA would be awesome, is that gonna be in this mod?
Seeing as you can model, are you gonna do that? What 3d program did you use to model jimmys head? The model needs a bit of work to make it look more like him, are you using a blueprint in the 3d prog?
The eyes look too large and the jaw+nose are a slightly different shape, it's good as a player model but not identical to Jimmy though. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
If you make a good enough England style map then i might help but i wanna see what map would be like before.

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:35 PM Edited by TheNathanNS, 05 October 2011 - 08:48 PM.

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 19:05)
The state of San Andreas is too American-y, a brand new map that removes SA would be awesome, is that gonna be in this mod?
Seeing as you can model, are you gonna do that? What 3d program did you use to model jimmys head? The model needs a bit of work to make it look more like him, are you using a blueprint in the 3d prog?
The eyes look too large and the jaw+nose are a slightly different shape, it's good as a player model but not identical to Jimmy though. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
If you make a good enough England style map then i might help but i wanna see what map would be like before.

Gmax for Jimmy's head it is my very first player model so I wasn't expecting ZAZ-Styled perfection.
Since July, I have thought of a few things.

Instead of Gangs like Grove Street and Ballas I was thinking of remaking the gangs into Football gangs.
Grove: Manchester United Supporters ( biggrin.gif )
Ballas: Liverpool Supporters ( barf8bd.gif )
Vagos: Manchester City SUpporters (meh)

I also have studied some SA tools, like SA Map cleaner, SAAT, Sanny Builder (I barely know how to use that only managed 1 script) SA Code Generator, Timecyc Edit, TXD Workshop etc.
I am also going to attempt to replace some weapons like replace the Baseball bat with a cricket bat, Molotov's with petrol bombs.

I have found some brilliant police cars on someone's youtube video and he never stated who the author is so I AM NOT going to use the cars until I find out who the author is and I have permission, since mod ripping and mod theft is not allowed.

According to the videos description, he used to be a memeber here!
But he claims he had a fall-out with the mods and they deleted all his mods.

I reckon I could keep some of the SA cars, but changing the number plate on the though, because I have seen cars like the Admiral on my way to school, cos it looks like a Mercedes Benz W123 doesn't it?

Also as well I am thinking of making the drinks more realistic, like replacing the Vending machines with Coca-Cola and the snacks with a image of crisps and chocolate bars like I have seen in some lesuire centres.

As for the map I am not sure wether to use London or places in the West Midlands.
I am 100% sticking with the gangs though, but I have asked a few people on Facebook and they said they'd like to see either the West Midlands or London.
Which map would you prefer?

GEtSTOKeD
  • GEtSTOKeD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

well im from stoke in west mids aha happy.gif

Personal Space Invader
  • Personal Space Invader

­

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:55 PM Edited by Personal Space Invader, 05 October 2011 - 08:58 PM.

QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 20:35)
According to the videos description, he used to be a memeber here! But he claims he had a fall-out with the mods and they deleted all his mods.

Well, no sh­it. Most moderators here are complete douchebags unless you kiss their a­ss. Not all of them certainly, but the majority.
If you want to change the map, you should certainly do what has been said in that previous post. I would help you with the scripts, but I'm a lazy b­itch.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Oi! I support liverpool very much, u sayin' i'm a b*stard because of it? tounge.gif

Personal Space Invader
  • Personal Space Invader

­

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

I reckon the guy wants to turn GTA San Andreas into Hooligans

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

This is.. horrible.
Try learning how to texture stuff, jesus. How do you expect to make a total conversion with NO knowledge when mods like Myriad Islands were abandoned?

Personal Space Invader
  • Personal Space Invader

­

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:18 PM Edited by Personal Space Invader, 05 October 2011 - 09:24 PM.

It's gtaforums nowadays, expect no more.

EDIT: That Suction Testicle Man guy was making a mod called GTA: Great Britain a couple of years ago. The f­uck happened to that? confused.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

AKA PingPang

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:19 PM Edited by Frank.s, 05 October 2011 - 09:22 PM.

It's not horrible, but it's not good. (Thats if he's gotten better at texturing than those crappy old mspaint textures, if he still textures like that then... yea its horrible)

TBH i think that trying to exactly copy london or west midlands districts identicle in-game would be too difficult/time-consuimg, however creating a new city that is the same style of london or part(s) of the west midlands.

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

• Members

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:19)
It's not horrible, but it's not good. (Thats if he's gotten better at texturing than those crappy old mspaint textures, if he still textures like that then... yea its horrible)

TBH i think that trying to exactly copy london or west midlands districts identicle in-game would be too difficult/time-consuimg, however creating a new city that is the same style of london or part(s) of the west midlands.

I am using photoshop nowadays for textures.
I know MS paint is absolute sh*t for textures when I compare my newer textures compared to my older ones.

Yeah copying everything in London would take me years to make.

Also may I add to others, how is it horrible IF I haven't posted pictures? Please don't judge until I have posted a picture of McDonalds or Pizza Hut.

@mandog How can someone as smart as you support something as bad as that? lol jks
There again most of my family is Liverpool supporters. confused.gif Everyone execpt for me (Man U) and my cousin (Wolves barf8bd.gif )

Personal Space Invader
  • Personal Space Invader

­

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Wednesday, Oct 5 2011, 21:54)
Please don't judge until I have posted a picture of McDonalds or Pizza Hut.

Great. Now it will look like England. confused.gif

rootmanback
  • rootmanback

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

heya thenathan good to see that youre still determined in making this mod. and it seems you have improved a lil bit too. when getting the tools its always best to get a handle in how they operate and use so as to eliminate any suprises as you progress on. and yeh it takes ages even years to create a complex city like london. i was just thinking mate, if you have gotton onto google maps and really check out what london looks like on these satelite photos and then save those pics and use the land mass to get a sense of how big they are. im not sure what 3d map software you could go for as i only used blender a few times and theyre alright. theres one called gims, you should check that one out as it's always getting improved day by day.

anyhow, keep at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users