» «
Photo

GTA SA Mouse Glitch Compatibility Problems

15 replies to this topic
trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:12 PM Edited by trashmenclan17, 24 July 2011 - 02:52 PM.

I have had this mouse glitch problem in the past. However i changed it to Compatibility mode for 98/ME and that worked. Recently i got the latest version of sercurity tool virus, and got the virus removed. But i went to play GTA SA sometime later and i rellized that had switched back to non compatiblity mode. So to again fix the mouse problem i switched it back. however when i went to play it this came up:
"gta_sa.exe- Application Error"
"The exception unkown software exception (0xc00409) occurred in the application at location 0x03157dcd."
It only does this when i try to run it in compatibility mode (all compatibility mode options)
I do have a mod installed, but i had it installed before the virus and compatibilty problems.
My operating System is the following
Dell 2006ish Inspiron with windows XP

Does anyone know how to fix this so my mouse works well again?

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:18 PM

Reinstall the game, delete the gta_sa.set file from the User Files folder and try compatibility mode again.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

You left out A LOT of information from the Pinned Troubleshooting topic, as posted by Justin(a moderator):

What are your System specs:
What SP do you have for you OS?-the latest for XP is SP3
What is your Processor? Processor speed?
What is the RAM and what type-DDR, DDR2, or DDR3?
What is your Video card?
What is the VRAM?
What is the Sound card?
Are ALL your drivers up to date?
Do you have the latest DX? Which is DX11?
Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Downloaded version?
If Downloaded, from where? How much paid?
If Retail, Is this the Original DVD OR a Copy of the DVD?
Any No-DVD cracks?
Any Mods? Any Cleo mods?
Any trainers?

Have you tried disabling the AV before starting the game? That might be blocking it...

Please answer ALL the above questions, so we can better help you....

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:56 PM Edited by trashmenclan17, 21 June 2011 - 08:01 PM.

2006 Dell inspiron E1705
Processor: 1.60Ghz
RAM: 2.0GB
I am 97% sure My drivers are up to date
GTA SA CD ROM
I Used to have a crack
THe mod is the female CJ mod aand its crash fix
I Used to have a CLEO Mod
I have Various Data files modded (i have had these excaact files modded for a long time b4 the problem)
No Trainers
Video Card idk, i know its a good one for 2006 standards.
Ram type idk
I have XP 2002 SP3
If this helps i have INTEL CORE 2 DUO
Whats AV?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

First you want to have a clean install of the Game from your Original DVD disc.
No mods/cracks/cleo/NEB

i believe on XP you don't need Mode or Admin Priv.
it should run.
If the system updated something and Deleting the GTA_SA.set file didn't work you may have to Roll back to when the game was working.

Nothing, like Kespersky, is running in the background?

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

deleteing gta sa set didnt seem to work.. i will try again.. but what should ALL the "properties" settings be? just incase one was by accidently cvhanged

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:25 PM Edited by trashmenclan17, 22 July 2011 - 10:29 PM.

Okay i reinstalled the game, but i am still having the same problem. The only thing is I cant delete the GTA SA Set file from userfiles b/c i cannot find the user file folder in my documetns. How do i get the Userfiles folder to appear. I probably should have also told you this: Sometimes when starting the application it just says no disc inserted even though it is in the Drive. When i try to eject it, sonicdla pops up and prevents it from ejecting.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:25 AM

A simple way might be to use Windows Search to locate a file: GTASA*.b
Or file GTA_SA.set
Or file User File
All of these files should be in your GTA San Andreas User File.
The User Files maybe located at a different location depending on the OS. Check all the following locations:
1. C:\Users\your username\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files
2. C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files
3. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\
If a Windows User account name has a period (.) in it, then it becomes impossible for you to save the game. It either asks you to check the directory or shows the savefile as corrupt. In order to tackle this, you have to create a new user account without a period.

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:51 PM Edited by trashmenclan17, 23 July 2011 - 06:59 PM.

I located it by starting gta sa and savinga new game (i can run it i just have the seemingly unfixable mouse glitch). i then deleted the "gtasa.set" file in userfiles. I switch the properties to compatibility mode (98/ME) and tried to play GTa Sa. The same thing happend: "gta_sa.exe- Application Error"
"The exception unkown software exception (0xc00409) occurred in the application at location 0x03157dcd.". So i unistalled Gta Sa and reinstalled it, checked the userfiles and "Gtasa.set" was not there, so i preceded with to try launching Gta Sa again with 98/me compatibity mode, and same message came up, which i closed, preventing me from launching it. I tried to eject the disk and Sonic DLA Came up and said something like this: "The (Disk/file) is still in use..... to aviod data loss...[please close the apliccation and try again (I will have to attempt again to get the exact and full message"
However the was nothing running. So i went to the start menu and clicked all programs and the rockstar games was highlighted in peach color. so i then game up and proceeded to shut down the system (without pressing the power Button). And ejected the disk while the system was "windows is shutting down".
"If the system updated something and Deleting the GTA_SA.set file didn't work you may have to Roll back to when the game was working" I cannot rol lback my system to anytime before the problem started so rolling back is not an option.
-HOW DO I FIX THIS?!?!?!? What could the problem be?!?!? This problem is getting really annoying.
-For a reason a while back (in may) i tried to update my drivers, and think i by accinently disabled it(because the everything got all enlarged until i restarted computer), then enabled it.
I also rolled back the computer for some reason back in May, to a period in march) I dont quite remember when this started exactly but i think it was sometime after this (i did playit after the rollback and it did work with compatibility mode [94.3%sure i did at least])

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Have you considered that the "sonic dla" might be the problem?
Can't you start the game using another program to access the Drive?

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Yah i just did while reading something. However could the sonic dla also be preventing compatibility mode problem? What would the altnernate program be to access the drive? Also does anybody know what this exactly means: "gta_sa.exe- Application Error" "The exception unkown software exception (0xc00409) occurred in the application at location 0x03157dcd."?

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:15 PM

Sonic DLA is not the problem
I got rid of th e no disk glitch... but the compatibility mode glitch still remains. How to i get GTA SA to run in Compatibility mode because it still wont let me!?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Please, don't double post, Use the EDIT button to change/add/delete a previously unanswered posting.

Windows Media Player might allow games to start.

I believe you've done the Mode setting before? find the .exe file in the Rockstar San Andraa File. Right click and select Mode: W98/XP and also Run As Administrator.

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:00 AM Edited by trashmenclan17, 24 July 2011 - 11:09 AM.

i have been able to run 98/me compatibility mode in the past. i will try the administrator thing asap.
EDIT: Which san andreas file (Userfiles or program files)?
EDIT2: How do i run it in administrator mode?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

right click on the .exe file then check the Run as Admin.

trashmenclan17
  • trashmenclan17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:59 PM Edited by trashmenclan17, 24 July 2011 - 01:29 PM.

Okay, it wont let me set it to administrator. The error: "The exception unknown software exception (0x000409) occured in the application at location 0x02f47dcd." pops up. What does that mean? Possibly should i take it off compatibility mode?
Maybe i byaccidently deleted a file in R* games/ sanandreas or changed one of the properties of GTA SA.EXE, c ould someone give me the whole list ofd gta sa properties and files.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users