Was East LS intended to be Vago Turf?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic
chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

Do you think East Los Santos was designed to be a Vago turf during early development process? The official SA website links to the Vagos description in East Los Santos, and in "OG Loc" CJ says when they reach East Los Santos "Isn't this Vago hood?".

Gary-X
  • Gary-X

Introducing Bats to Faces since 2001

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Perhaps it was intended.

But they'd probably have replaced it with Ballas Territory to make that Gang look bigger Territory wise.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

East Los Santos shouldn't be Ballas turf. In real life East Los Angeles [or east LA] it is run by hispanic gangs. So Chapapote, you are probably correct, very good catch with the dialogue in "OG Loc".

Gary-x That would have been my best guess also, considering that Ballas do seem to out number most the other gangs, but rightly so do to their importance in the game.

lukb13
  • lukb13

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

I agree that Vagos (Vargos) were meant to be in East Los Santos. And I also agree on why they changed it.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:27 AM

It is a Vagos hood isn't it? I'm sure it is...

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:07 AM

pretty sure that when you return to LS that East LS is balla territory , and you can tell it should be as ELS doesn't have the same architecture as Los Colinas or Los Flores for example

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

Vercetti27
The topic is in reference to BETA game gang locations. smile.gif

Cash High
  • Cash High

Snitch

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:01 PM

Well like others have said ELS is based off of ELA (East Los Angeles), so it makes perfect sense for the Vagos to have turf there. And I think the reason the Ballas are in East Los Santos is because if you take a look in-game, those towers are based off the Watts Towers. And the Watts Towers aren't in East LS, they're in South LA (Watts). But since in San Andreas they're in East LS, Rockstar wanted to portray the area as realistic as possible, so they added the Ballas turf in a few portions of East LS. But when you get far up into the hills of East Los Santos then all that's straight Mexican neighborhoods, just like in real life.

UbK_families
  • UbK_families

YG Cash

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

there are vagos in east los santos

SirKnight2012
  • SirKnight2012

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (UbK_families @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 11:09)

east beach ?

UbK_families
  • UbK_families

YG Cash

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (SirKnight2012 @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 22:07)
QUOTE (UbK_families @ Saturday, Jul 2 2011, 11:09)

east beach ?

no east los santos last time i went to there i seen some vagos not alot but every now and then

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:47 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 07 July 2011 - 03:52 PM.

Nah, East LS is a deep Balla neighborhood. The only Vagos youll catch over there are the ones from Los Flores who strayed over the border. Like how you might catch some Rollin Heights Ballas in the Jungles yet that's Grove Street area and no Ballas live in the Jungles anymore nowadays. Dudes set trip over their border sometimes. Vagos and Ballas do the same thing on the Willowfield-Corona border. You might catch a Kilo Tray in Corona, or a Vago in Willowfield but that's not they hood nor are they from there.

The only part of East LS in my game that Grove Street got is a small block in and around the Jefferson Towers. The Jungles got that on lock. But everything else is and always has been Ballas. There used to be unity between the Balla sets, but not no more. In my game, it's Kilo Tray and Rollin Heights against Front Yards now. Vagos dont start till you hit Los Flores to the east, or cross Mulholland Drive to the north.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

This is driffing into subjects that are covered in the Cheats & Tricks Topics.
The Original Question was about the BETA game intent to have a gang in the location.
OP hasn't responded to any of these posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users