» «
Photo

WD&P Mega Topic(depreciated)

26 replies to this topic
Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:22 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 14 September 2011 - 08:42 PM.

user posted image
What Is This Topic About?
Since the old topic is now old, thus meaning alot of outdated links and whatnot, I thought it was about time this section got a new Mega Topic. This topic will provide links to all your needs when it comes to Web Design, Coding, Hosting and more. I hope it helps alot of members out who don't know where to start. Yes, there is Google, but it helps to have all websites in one mega topic, rather then individually searching through a search engine. smile.gif
.:Web Hosting:.
+ Free Web Hosting
  • 110mb || Really good options for the free service, but also allows paid options.
  • x10Hosting || 3 simple steps for setting up your own site.
  • 000webhost || Another great free host that offers paid options aswell.
  • Batcave.net || Also offers paid options.
  • Webs.com || Again, offers paid options.
  • Tripod || WYSIWYG Web designer.
  • Free Web-Hosts || Not a web host itself, but provides tons of links to help you out.
  • Host Ultra || Free web host with paid options aswell.
  • T35 || ..
  • Free Web-Hosts || Not a web host itself, but provides tons of links to help you out.
+ Paid Web Hosting

- Please Note that when a site offers free hosting aswell as paid-for options, the site will fall under "free-hosting", rather then duplicating the links.
  • 123-regs || Alot of options available for paid hosting, and other tools available aswell.
  • NameCheap || Paid options, comes with free E-Mail, URL forwarding and more...
+ Domain Services
  • CYDots || Lots of options available.
  • .TK || Simply enter the URL you wish to convert, and by simply giving them your E-Mail address, you can control your domain.
  • Unonic || Various options available.
  • VZE || Both sub-domain and domain support.
  • O-F || Only one option avilable, but very short.
  • Free Domain.co.nr || Only offers .co.nr.
  • CJB || Offers image hosting aswell.
  • Joynic || No comment as site is uder maintenance.
  • Ulimit || Lots of options avilable.
  • NotLong || .Notlong.com is only available option.
  • No-IP || Offers paid for options aswell.
  • VV.CC || Offers free hosting plus a free E-Mail. Check site for more information.
  • .co.cc || Only allows the .co.cc domain option, but free.
  • FreeDNS || Hundreds of options, all completely free.
+ Various
.:Forum Hosting:.
+ Free Forum Hosting
  • InvisionFree || Runs on IPB v1.3, and one of the most used free forums.
  • Zetaboards || My personal favourite free forum host. From the same team who do IF (I believe), these forums allow for infinite sub-forums, multiple add-ons and themes, and great support.
  • PHPBBWeb || Runs on PHPbb v2.
  • ProPHPbb || Run on the latest version of PHPbb.
  • FreeForums.org || Runs on PHPbb, and offers hundreds of pre-installed tools and themes.
  • Forumer.com || Runs on PHPbb, and again, offers pre-installed themes to get you started.
  • FreeForums.org || Runs on PHPbb, and offers hundreds of pre-installed tools and themes.
+ Paid Forum Hosting
  • PHPbb || Download the PHPbb software here, and find links to hosts.
  • IPB || Get hosted IPB boards here, at various prices.
+ Forum Software
  • PHPbb || Download the PHPbb software here, and find links to hosts.
  • VBulletin || Download the VBulletin software here.
  • Phorum || Check the link for all the information you need on this software. There is also a demo of the software available on the home page.
  • SMF || SMF stands for Simple Machines Forum. Very professional looking forum software that even has lots of tools to customize your forum on their site.
  • MyBB || Another smart looking forum software that allows for customisation.
+ Forum Services
  • IPBCustomize || Forum full of resources for your IPB board.
  • InvisionModding || Another community offering all your IPB needs, from themes to mods and tools.
  • Invisionize || A site I used alot when I ran my own IPB forum. Offers everything you could need, all laid out in in simple links.
  • IPBForumSkins || Professional themes, but comes at a price. confused.gif
  • Zathyus Network Resources || The official community forum for Zetaboards and InvisionFree, with access to hundreds of themes, mods, tools and support.
  • ZetaboardThemes || Not many, but has quite a few nice looking themes for Zetaboards.
  • Graphic Force || Another great site for Zetaboards.
  • Outline || Another personal favourite of mine for Zetaboards themes, mods, tools etc.
.:Coding Tutorials:.
+ HTML Tutorials
  • CodeTutorial || Has everything you need to know here.
  • EchoEcho || Easy to navigate site.
  • Tizag || Another site with everything you need to know.
  • HTMLDog || Great guide for beginners.
+ BBCode Tutorials
  • Nookkin || Nice, small guide on BBCode.
  • GTAForums || Our very own guide on BBCode. smile.gif
  • Absitomen || A complete list of all # color codes that can be used with the [*color=] Tag.
+ CSS Tutorials
  • CSSTutorial.net || Apparently has everything you need to get you started in minutes.
  • EchoEcho || Lots of guides and tutorials.
+ PHP & MySQL Tutorials
  • PHPFreaks || Useful guides on PHP.
  • CodeWalkers || Lots of handy tutorials.
  • PHP.net || More PHP tutorials.
  • Talk PHP || "TalkPHP is more than just a resource for PHP related information. Here at TalkPHP, we pride ourselves on our friendly, active and experienced community. From beginners to professionals, everyone will find something to talk about at TalkPHP."
+ Javascript Tutorials
  • Javascriptkit || Great list of tutorials on here.
  • PageResource || Tutorials, plus the chance to just copy and paste pre-designed code.
.:Graphic/Image Resources:.
+ Free Image Hosting
  • Imgur || Quite easily one of the simplest and best image hosts there is. Allows you to either upload from your computer or drag & drop your image onto the page.
  • Imageshack || Can't remember whether or not people were told to stay away from this...
  • Uploadit || Have to register for full use.
  • Photobucket || Unlimited storage on your account.
  • TinyPic || Another simple-to-use image uploader. Allows for upload of videos aswell.
+ Free File Hosting
  • Filedropper || Allows for free hosting of files up to 5gb.
  • YouSendIt || No file host as such, just allows you to send files to Emails.
  • Rapidshare || Just create an account and get hosting.
  • MediaFire || Includes a Drag & Drop feature.
  • MegaUpload || Massively used file hosting site.
+ Graphics Tutorials
  • Pixel2Life || One of my personal favourite sites back in the day.
  • Tutorialized || Lots of graphic programs covered.
  • PSD.Tutsplus || Very professional looking site with great PS tutorials.
  • Good-Tutorials || Personally use this site alot, since it's a databse of all tutorials.
+ Stock Image Resources
  • DeviantArt || Had to be first on the list. Find various images and whatnot on this amazing site.
  • IStockPhoto || Requires payment.
  • SXC || Free images can be found here.
  • GettyImages || Used by ALOT of publishing companies, these images can be free or paid-for.
+ Various
.:FTP Applications:.
+ Windows+ Mac
.:Free Text Editors:.
+ Text Editors
.:GTAForums Tools:.
+ Add-Ons & Downloads
  • GTAF FF extension || Great tool that allows you to just right-click when in the "post" part of GTAF, bringing up a list of all the tags you can use.
  • GTAF Youtube Thingy || Simple to install script (requires Greasemonkey) that makes posting YT videos much easier.
  • GTAF Sidebar Remover || Hate the sidebar taking space up? Install this and you can remove the sidebar from any skin on the forum.
  • GTAF-Enhanced || Excellent add-on for Firefox. Changes/edits alot of the features on GTAF. Check the topic out for full information.
  • Table Code Generator || Helped me ALOT when it came to this topic. Absolute must for anyone wishing to create tables on the forum. So easy to do aswell.
  • Multi-Quote Tool || A great tool that allows you to multi-quote without copying-pasting everything you want to add. Requires Greasemonkey.
.:Various:.
+ Myspace Layouts
Credits & Whatnot
+ Credit
  • Dalpura || For creating the Original Topic.
  • flotwig || Giving quite a few good links, thanks man. smile.gif
  • Girish || For pinning the topic and the Verbal Commendation. Much appreciation. icon14.gif
  • GTArv || Cheers for the links. smile.gif
+ Updates
  • 19th June 2011 - First posted.
  • 20th June 2011 - Added some more links.
  • 21st June 2011 - Cheers to Spider-Vice, added some more links for Forum Services.
  • 23rd July 2011 - Added a few more links.
+ And Lastly...

With alot of contributions from the community, am hoping to get one of the best list of resources on the web. If you feel anything should be changed, then please PM me as to not clog the topic up. If you wish for something to be added, then feel free to either post below or PM me.

Thank you to the member of staff that pinned this topic for me. The reason there aren't that many links is because I didn't want to be putting alot of effort into something that would get locked. Now it has been pinned though, I will try my best to put as much effort into maintaining this topic and regularly updating it. smile.gif

* Please note that this is a WIP, so ignore all the "example" links, they are just to help me with the coding.

flotwig
  • flotwig

Lurk more.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:43 AM Edited by flotwig, 20 June 2011 - 04:49 AM.

You should add Phorum, SMF and MyBB to the forum software section. Also add Notepad2 to the text editor section. I use it and love it. It has built in FTP, tabs, syntax highlighting, and it is very lightweight. Add Tinypic to image hosting and Megaupload to file hosting. Under free domains: vv.cc, co.cc, cz.cc, and freedns.org, which offers thousands of subdomains. Free web hosts I can personally vouch for: freezoka.net and x10hosting.com. 000webhost.com is decent but has management/uptime issues.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:26 AM

Well done!
Worth adding the following to the list:
- W3Schools : plenty of helpful and easily digestible tutorials.
- FileDropper : quick and dirty filehost.
- 110mb : Excellent free webhosting

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:38 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 20 June 2011 - 05:43 PM.

Cheers guys, will add the links when I have some time on my hands, as it's quite tricky with all the coding. The links I posted are just quick Google searches and added from the old topic.

*edit* There we go guys, cheers for the links. smile.gif Although, flotwig, Freezoka didn't seem to work when I checked it out. Could you possibly get me a good link if you can get it working?

Again, thank you for the links, and keep it up guys and girls. smile.gif

kizzck
  • kizzck

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Also you might wanna ad Dropbox it's a very good online file storage application for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android and IOS.

flotwig
  • flotwig

Lurk more.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:37 PM

Freezoka.net seems up to me, I dunno what the problem could be.
You might want to note that 110mb makes you pay if you want to use MySQL (I think).

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Very nice, I love it! Though you could add Invision Modding, Invisionize and some more modding/support sites to the Forum Services category wink.gif Including the IPB official support board.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Cheers Spider. smile.gif Added some to the list, and yes I know there are hundreds more, but takes alot of time searching, so the updates will come regularly. As the now updated last bit states, I didn't want to be adding hundreds of links, just for this topic to be locked or something.

Thank you to whoever pinned it aswell. smile.gif

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killaô

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

This topic is awesome, man. smile.gif
I like the layout and all those links seem quite useful. Great addition to this forum, will link to here soonish when I'll update my guide.

Brilliant work, friend. icon14.gif

Josh
  • Josh

It starts and ends with you

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:10 AM

Another script for the GTAF Tools section mate. BBCode Fixer. It fixes all anchor and jumpto tags within posts. There were plans afoot for Ed to translate it into javascript but I don't know how he's getting on.

Excellent guide mate. I was actually thinking that this guide needed shaking up a little bit, and I was going to make one myself, but indolence prevailed and I figured that somebody else would do it. Good job. icon14.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

Just want to add if anyone does need a proper domain. I've found 123-regs rates to be fairly reasonable. Especially if you opt for the .co.uk, you're looking at a cost of £6 for 2 years.

flotwig
  • flotwig

Lurk more.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

Namecheap has some good deals about to go down. $2 for a .com/.net/.org.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:46 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 23 July 2011 - 03:49 PM.

QUOTE (Josh @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 08:10)
Another script for the GTAF Tools section mate. BBCode Fixer. It fixes all anchor and jumpto tags within posts. There were plans afoot for Ed to translate it into javascript but I don't know how he's getting on.

Anyone able to access this topic, as it says am not authorised to view it. confused.gif

And cheers guys, finally updated it abit more. Keep them coming. smile.gif

On a side-note, is everyone happy with the current layout, or should I change it around abit?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 21:16)
QUOTE (Josh @ Tuesday, Jun 28 2011, 08:10)

Anyone able to access this topic, as it says am not authorised to view it. confused.gif

The topic's been binned as Josh is banned and will no longer be able to update it.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

This is a great topic, nice work Butters icon14.gif

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:12 AM

That is nice topic.

JimmySwag
  • JimmySwag

*Go cheese go!*

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Useful one mate. I should have seen it before switching from Phpbb to IPB. Whats Zetaboards? And does Vbulletin require money?

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (JimmySwag @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 11:48)
Useful one mate. I should have seen it before switching from Phpbb to IPB. Whats Zetaboards? And does Vbulletin require money?

Zetaboards was a new forum software developed by the team behind InvisionFree, and adds lots of new options to your forum, including unlimited sub-forums, and many tools to get you started. I suggest checking the website out, and clicking on 'Features' to find out more. At the moment, it's my favourite forum software to use.

And yes, VBulletin requires money.

JimmySwag
  • JimmySwag

*Go cheese go!*

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 12:54)
QUOTE (JimmySwag @ Friday, Aug 19 2011, 11:48)

Zetaboards was a new forum software developed by the team behind InvisionFree, and adds lots of new options to your forum, including unlimited sub-forums, and many tools to get you started. I suggest checking the website out, and clicking on 'Features' to find out more. At the moment, it's my favourite forum software to use.

And yes, VBulletin requires money.

Just checked it out. I must say its real nice. The software doesn't seem much different than IPB. But the unlimited subforums thing sounds cool.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Just thought I'd post in here to mention that I'm currently working on a massive overhaul of this topic, which should hopefully include a lot more information for people who wish to use the topic. I'm also thinking about maybe adding some kind of tutorials within the topic, but not sure if they would be really needed or not, since a lot of sites tend to have all the information you need anyway.

Anyway, the reason for the post is that I'm wanting some suggestions on what needs to be added/changed to this topic, and any other suggestions.

Thank you. icon14.gif

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

A few worth adding for webhosts.

GoDaddy
Domain

As for Text Editors, I personally recommend Sublime Text 2, it's free to use (I think you can donate, but it's optional.), and really useful. Customizable as well, fully recommend it.

flotwig
  • flotwig

Lurk more.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (blitz @ Sunday, May 13 2012, 02:00)
A few worth adding for webhosts.

GoDaddy
Domain

As for Text Editors, I personally recommend Sublime Text 2, it's free to use (I think you can donate, but it's optional.), and really useful. Customizable as well, fully recommend it.

GoDaddy? Eugh.

sorv
  • sorv

The Hero

• Members

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:59 AM Edited by sorv, 02 August 2012 - 10:03 AM.

Well done.Topic is so cool with lot of helpful links.I think you should add to free forum hosting category:-
Forumotion.com+=It's very good with 7000 themes & Skins.
createaforum.com
makeforum.org
cool.gif

flotwig
  • flotwig

Lurk more.

• Members

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Should add the links in my sig to the free hosting thing as well.

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

I think you should add Geany to your "Free Text Editors" section.

Great little light weight IDE which works on Windows & Linux, and covers loads of syntax (No idea what the plural of that is).

Anyway, used to use Notepad++ but once I started working on Linux at work I moved to Geany. Which after a few days also replaced Notepad++ on my home (Windows) machine.

http://www.geany.org/

Phil96
  • Phil96

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:37 AM Edited by Phil96, 20 November 2012 - 09:42 AM.

Pretty interesting topic mate. But you should consider adding MyBB

MyBB is the best Open Source forum software and voted as the Best Forum Software of 2011. MyBB comes laid with many attractive features and has a wide variety of plugins to choose from. MyBB runs on php, SQL & uses CSS3 in themes. The latest release is 1.6.8.

BAF-stueycow
  • BAF-stueycow

The Car Place Founder

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

for coding tuts you should add http://www.codecademy.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users