The original, with slightly less sax, but Bob's voice is (still) real husky

• Mister Pink likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE (Marlowe. @ Friday, Oct 14 2011, 20:33)

Sorry, that isn't the Grateful Dead. That is Jerry Garcia and David Grisman. Curse youtube for teaching people wrong info.

But I want to give you a big hippie hug for posting it. Brings a tear to my eye when I see that people still listen.
  • Marlowe. likes this

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:43 AM Edited by Slamman, 01 November 2011 - 12:08 AM.

God, Good to share the best tunes in the WORLD with you guys again, I got into a debate and that led to more Moderation, you know, I'm a loose cannon, but my taste in music is GODLY

I used to hate this song, it was overplayed, but I betcha none of you know it here! hahahaha
Except Trip

OK, Bob Welch, for you all, member in the earliest Fleetwood Mac, but even solo, a notable musician in the period, he crafted songs that really were unlike any other.

Rock ain't dead, check this...
Remember the Styx track from GTA? .... Renegade

UFO classic, since you can never have enough, Where are you peeps?

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:06 PM Edited by Slamman, 27 April 2012 - 02:14 AM.

Because of Tyler blocking me and generally being rather rude about my ideas, This is my reply, take it or leave it, buddy:

Because of the age of these threads that get no love
you say "don't answer"
Well perhaps you didn't get the point about me getting messages from moderators for many bumps being too dated?!?
Perhaps there better be some shared approval among mods on the terms of this forum's policies, I've felt you can, or should be able to bump anything within reason for years (my opin)
On my forum, we offer a BUMP button instead of using a reply, this is what's needed at GTAF, in that area...it could be abused, but I think it's better then adding posted replies.

Something to think about

And Rock out to this in turn;

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Thursday, Apr 26 2012, 17:06)
On my forum, we offer a BUMP button instead of using a reply, this is what's needed at GTAF, in that area...it could be abused, but I think it's better then adding posted replies.

That'll just be extremely overused by people with multiple accounts bumping topics from a decade ago. Let's not add it.

Since you've already bumped this dozingoff.gif , let me contribute.

Heard this song for the first time in three years back in February. The first time I heard it was unfortunately from Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, which has one or two classic songs and awful dated punk rock from 2005.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:55 AM Edited by Slamman, 27 April 2012 - 02:04 AM.

Reasonable sorts don't abuse it, but I think it's a great option, maybe make it available only to those higher in the Forum Food Chain, those who are known to put logic into it

Anyway, If you all take part, we'll keep this going as it should.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Well...

I guess more Led Zep wouldnt hurt, right?

Great drums, init?

Anyway, these are my personal favorites by them.

Kansas and Ram Jam have made some awesome music as well.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:08 AM Edited by Slamman, 28 April 2012 - 03:23 AM.

Yep, not long ago we had a thread honoring just one Zep album, and we celebrated there as well

Tony Carey I included some time ago, and for the Rate a song topic, but it was probably THIS song that got my attention initially

With Planet P which I was not so aware it was him initially
My big sister's name is Leah, This is HER SONG! haha

Where are they now files....

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

I made a sampler for the classic rock station for my mod, if anybodys interested:

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:59 PM Edited by ShaneHunter, 15 October 2012 - 01:01 PM.

I've been in a bit of a Bruce Springsteen mood lately.

Born To Run

Atlantic City

And i think you guys should check out Badfinger and The Velvet Underground if you haven't already. Two of the most underrated bands, incredible music though.

Sunday Morning

Baby Blue

MajorMinor81
  • MajorMinor81

Embarrassed

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

I remember when I only listened to dadrock.

dadrock is just and older version of what is on the radio today.
Your opinions are just your parent's opinions.
Eventually you'll realize that there's more to music than this what was popular 30 or 40 years ago.

Also, just because it's old doesn't make it good. Just look at hair metal in the 80s.

Los Santos Pedestrian
  • Los Santos Pedestrian

Then as it was, but again it will be

• Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Felt like bumping this thread, simply because this event is too good to pass up.

Led Zeppelin's fifth album, Houses of the Holy, was released 40 years ago, on March 28, 1973.

Here's my favorite song from it.

PerceptortheShootist
  • PerceptortheShootist

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:32 AM

I'm bumping this!

My main bands are Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Pink Floyd. I used to like bands such as Journey and Foreigner but now they fell out of my range. Every now and then I'll listen to softer rockers such as Elton John.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Slamman, 18 April 2014 - 03:36 PM.

Yeah, This is needing a bump cause I'm back! I love Rock and Metal, will till I die

The song that broke Rush from obscurity, but also one of the best rock songs of all time, I don't think it gets better then WORKING MAN

Here you can sample Foreigners short lived lineup change when original vocalist Lou Gramm left, I was getting into this album brand new, and I had no qualms with it.

To give historical perspective, I was on my way to Milwaukee for Metalfest, this was getting airplay on MTV for Low Down and Dirty, and making local news was serial killer Jeffery Dahmer being caught at that time, big news then.

http://musicmp3.ru/a...ml#.Uyya9qiwKXs

@Majorminor81, sounds to me like you're just too young to even understand music effectively. Appreciation of music used to be taught in school when I was growing up;

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:37 PM Edited by Slamman, 18 April 2014 - 03:33 PM.

Sorry Tyler, or any Mods who might object beforehand, but I don't want this to get old before we add more content, I found this nice interview with rock vet Lou Gramm of Foreigner among the YouTube suggestions I stumble across. Though clips like this can get dated, it's still catching up with Lou since his split from Foreigner and his close call with death.

Gotta get his new book For Sure!

Oh, and if I want to post some rock news, should I make a new thread or bump this one or similar? A serious query to avoid unpleasantries.

UPDATE editing, for now, I'm afraid to bump anything at this point. The Ban Hammers fall relentlessly around here, at least the more you post! hahaha

Here's probably the best BEATLES track ever, that and She's So Heavy is an all time favorite, and I'm a Stones guy!

Hope things can stay on a much more even keel now, Didn't get an update warning, but I'm sure some people got upset somewhere, over something. So useless in the end though.

Think happy thoughts... THE DOORS, this video has audio more exclusive of it's source, but I think the video helps sum up the turbulent live show events that happened over the course of their history, not all of them as chaotic. Same with the Beatles and the Stones really. Some shows got out of hand with fans bum-rushing the stage!

Arrests, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxXmDlMq13o

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

I'm looking for the name of an album. The cover is an artwork of a bent pipe. Used to listen to it when i was little, but i don't know the name. Pretty sure it was classic rock.

Can anyone help?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:11 PM

Suppose this can fit in here :p

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:19 PM Edited by Slamman, 23 April 2014 - 01:11 AM.

I'm looking for the name of an album. The cover is an artwork of a bent pipe. Used to listen to it when i was little, but i don't know the name. Pretty sure it was classic rock.

Can anyone help?

Ammonia Avenue might be it, or The Tubes as well?

The first being Alan Parsons Project.

As a new post offering, a comment about Woodstock 94, of the few Pay Per View events I paid for in the 1990s, this was one of the all time best, no doubt. I had to step out for a concert in Milwaukee that weekend so I bought a BASF tape that ran for 10 hours in EP, still have my collection of VHS and Beta, including this PPV and my uploads to YouTube are from those master tapes. Now since then, a lot more people have posted clips of the same! I think I was the first though.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

Just bought tickets to Paul McCartney July 9th =D Had to buy two so either my friend who it wouldn't be awkward to bring gets the day off that day or I desperately look for a girlfriend within the next month.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

Shame I don't know many Neil Young fans.

Special Members
  • Special Members

Der Hund abides!

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

I was just listening to The Stooges-"I Wanna Be Your Dog". Pretty hardcore song for 1969.

Boaaats
  • Boaaats

I'm a princess

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:37 AM

Johnny Winter died a few days ago aged 70... feels bad man. I was supposed to see him and his brother in LA next month :(

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

Oldies goldies..

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States