» «
Photo

Hard Boiled: Red County

15 replies to this topic
Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:24 PM Edited by Jackal1337, 14 June 2011 - 05:41 AM.

user posted image

Download: http://dyom.gtagames...t=show&id=12971

You play as William "Willie" Crawford, Deputy of Red County.

Storyline takes place during original Hard Boileds serial killer case.

There are total of 7 "cases", each case contains one or more missions.

Main cases:

Liquor Store Robbery - Mission Icon: MC . Motorcycle Club called "Cobras" rob liquor store and one biker get killed, hunt for rest of Cobras members begins.

Black Sage - Mission Icon: BS . Black man called Melvin Harris moves to Dillimore, but he is immediatly noticed by local racist redneck, Jerry Williamson and his gang.

Criminally Insane - Mission Icon: C . Mental patient Leo Kasper(heavily inspired from Manhunt 2) escapes from asylum and goes on killing spree.

Hunter - Mission Icon: Blue Skull. William and his son Matt go hunting in Shady Creeks where they meet three hunters.

Small cases

Problems at Home - Mission Icon: Green House. Williams son, Matt goes missing.

Factory Robbery - Mission Icon: Truck. Gang is robbing Dillimore factory and must be caught.

Domestic Disturbance - Mission Icon: Red House. Woman is being harrashed by his ex husband.

Some tips:

Since this storyline is pretty long. I suggest you use Saving and Loading function of DYOM in case of crashes and similar.

Press Y + N at same time to open box to Quit, Save and Load storyline progress.

Select Save storyline progress between missions to save.

I suggest you use PROFESSIONALKILLER cheat to get hitman skill in all weapons which you will need.

IF ANY PROBLEMS:

If u have problems with some missions crashing, i suggest you save the storyline (Y + N and Save storyline progress) before any "big" missions like Black Sage 3, Criminally Insane 3.

And if any troubles in mission Black Sage 3, when you are on roof, just go to cover and let enemies focus on sheriff and others , then pick them one by one

Aand about the ending Its not like i make all main characters die, like in original Hard Boiled, its just when i chose that this storyline would be played as Deputy of Red County, ending was locked from the second i started making the storyline

And in ending/outro mission i didnt bother making that mission any more further because i was already running on edges of crashing and if u have played original Hard Boiled, u will know what happens next

HOOLS ZG
  • HOOLS ZG

DYOMER

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I will play that definitely.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:37 PM

AWESOME! Another Hard Boiled Storyline! Im going to load it soon and give feedback on this.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

Hmm Ok I finished the mission pack and it took me a good 2 hours to complete.

I simply loved this story. One of the best i played. Not too much action and not too little, just perfect. You put hell a lot of work into both and I loved how I could do any Case in any order I wanted. I find it difficult to see what you need to improve on as I was so focused on everything awesome about it.

The crossover was put together and I already knew how it would end, however what is neat is the player can play either stories first and understand the entire thing without really being completely spoiled. I mean the killer is not someone the protagonist is connected to from the beginning, so it really doesn't surprise the player that Barry Thorne is the killer.

My only question in this series, is it a possibility that Barry Thorne's parents were not his real parents?

I say that because you see his parents in the beginning of this storyline and you know the KKK were raiding the barn they lived in and I would of sworn one of the KKK killed Barry's mom.

But Welsh says they have been dead for over 3 years.

Anyway that story was pretty awesome, and whether you plan to make a Hard Boiled 3 or not, I want to see more stories from you.

BTW have you played L.A. Noire yet, and what do you think of their comparison??

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Doublepulse @ Tuesday, Jun 14 2011, 08:28)
My only question in this series, is it a possibility that Barry Thorne's parents were not his real parents?

I say that because you see his parents in the beginning of this storyline and you know the KKK were raiding the barn they lived in and I would of sworn one of the KKK killed Barry's mom.

But Welsh says they have been dead for over 3 years.

In beginning KKK was burning another barn, not barrys

Anyway that story was pretty awesome, and whether you plan to make a Hard Boiled 3 or not, I want to see more stories from you.

I kinda designed Hard Boiled to be "storyline trilogy" so there will be third storyline too, with new characters ofc, but having references to other parts and stories intercepting like in same style like in Hard Boiled Red County

BTW have you played L.A. Noire yet, and what do you think of their comparison??

ye i have played it, liked it biggrin.gif , i found some similarties, like serial killer, but i guess thats plot being used in dozens of movies/games

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

Absolutely awesome, I loved the 1st HB.

yo-g
  • yo-g

disegner mission

• Members

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

a beautiful mission jackal1337 smile.gif

kmlwin.1996
  • kmlwin.1996

Hold upô

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Mission Review

Awesome Missions!

Good Things: The missions are nice and good rollin' as a police officer. If you are country side lover and loves the justice, being a cop, hates thugs, this is a good storyline for to choice.

Nice cut-senses. Dialogues are perfect.

Bad Things: At the first of the game, you have to play with cut-senses only. Some missions are too short and too easy. There are some mistakes in the missions.

Bugs: Not found for now.

Rating: ****

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

This is another amazing pack Jack lol. I'm getting a crash on one of the criminally insane missions though. Its the cutscene after we chase Casper from his hideout.

Jackal1337
  • Jackal1337

Gayest Boy in Town

• Members

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

uh might because of mods again? Anyone have similar problem?

Dno if this helps as crash happens during the mission, but just Y + N before that mission and Save storyline progress

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

That seemed to do the trick for me. Thanks!

TheDru1d
  • TheDru1d

DYOM Designer & Player

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

This was even better than the first one, great work dude. I loved the mission where you had to pop the tires and then use that car to chase, unfortunately the chase was waaaaay too short. It's also really impressive how you keep picking the best possible settings for your missions and show us, or at least me, places in SA that I hadn't explored yet. If I have to give one point of crit it'd be that it was a bit of a drag to replay most of the ending mission of part 1 again, this could've been shortened imho

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

• The Yardies

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:36 AM

I still thought it was fun he included the last mission from the first HB. I think having the ending like that, gives 1 last mission to players who have not played the first HB. I would say it is somewhat Recommended to play the first HB, however any order can be played without spoiling too much.

Platinum Card
  • Platinum Card

DYOM mission maker

• Members

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:02 PM

This was amazing Jackal. Everything gave the sort of feel like you were playing an extension series of san andreas. Everything flowed evenly and fit perfectly. The cutscenes were amazing and the gameplay was awesome. I love your work man. Hands down one of the best. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Chimpso
  • Chimpso

Be a king.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

This was stellar man. Truly amazing work biggrin.gif icon14.gif

Now I'm gonna go play the original.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

THE MISSIONS WERE AWESOME, MAN.

I liked the variety of gameplay you have kept in the whole storyline. From simple hand combat, intensive gunfights, to the chases. I was never bored while playing the storyline. Even when my mission fails, I did not feel frustrated from starting again.

I also liked the effort you put into each mission. I don't think I saw any cutscene where the actors did not have animations. Moreover, the animations suited the sistuation in which the actors were. You really put in a lot of effort in making route points. I found the use of walk, run, drive along some route points.

I also liked the fact there was unneccessary long drives to reach a certain area. The drives were either short or you just teleported the player.

I have not yet played the original, BUT THIS ONE IS AWESOME.

Looking forward to your next project. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users