Photo

GTA IV (PC) - .net.dll scripts not working

4 replies to this topic
Quince99
  • Quince99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

I have GTA IV (PC) patched presently to 1.0.2.0 (later patches crash the game when attempting to load).

There is the simple ingame trainer loaded (ASI) and the PigeonsDetector Plus (not that I think it works).

There are the latest versions of:

DSound.dll
ScriptHook.dll
ScriptHookDotNet.asi

In the Scripts folder I have tried the following either singly or as a whole:

Business.net.dll
CarShop.net.dll
ClayShooting.net.dll
Crime_City.net.dll
FirePatrol.net.dll
Kidnapping.net.dll
OrganTrafficking.net.dll
Smoke.net.dll
TrafficControlSystem.net.dll

Starting a new game rather than an old savegame, I can find no indication that any of the above scripts works. I have tried blowing up cars to test the FirePatrol script, as well as hijacking taxis (Kidnapping), shooting car passengers (Organ Trafficking) and standing on street corners loitering (Smoke). None of the relevant keys for these scripts seem to function and I am unaware of finding out whether they have loaded when I am in the game. I understand it is not possible to pull down the console in the PC version.

If any of the experienced forum members can please advise as to how I may get some or all of these scripts to work, I should be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

ikt
  • ikt

• Members

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Quince99 @ Monday, Jun 13 2011, 15:15)
I have GTA IV (PC) patched presently to 1.0.2.0 (later patches crash the game when attempting to load).

There is the simple ingame trainer loaded (ASI) and the PigeonsDetector Plus (not that I think it works).

There are the latest versions of:

DSound.dll
ScriptHook.dll
ScriptHookDotNet.asi

In the Scripts folder I have tried the following either singly or as a whole:

Business.net.dll
CarShop.net.dll
ClayShooting.net.dll
Crime_City.net.dll
FirePatrol.net.dll
Kidnapping.net.dll
OrganTrafficking.net.dll
Smoke.net.dll
TrafficControlSystem.net.dll

Starting a new game rather than an old savegame, I can find no indication that any of the above scripts works. I have tried blowing up cars to test the FirePatrol script, as well as hijacking taxis (Kidnapping), shooting car passengers (Organ Trafficking) and standing on street corners loitering (Smoke). None of the relevant keys for these scripts seem to function and I am unaware of finding out whether they have loaded when I am in the game. I understand it is not possible to pull down the console in the PC version.

If any of the experienced forum members can please advise as to how I may get some or all of these scripts to work, I should be most grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Try patching to a more recent patch, like 1.0.4.0, that works best with the mods. Try getting it working. You can also use an older version of the scripthook, but I doubt that will be compatible with newer script mods.

Quince99
  • Quince99

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:26 AM

Thank you for this. I have patched to v1.0.4.0 and at least the majority of scripts seem to load correctly and function, as far as I can tell.

The only problem now is the ENB Series graphic enhancements which crash the game every time, regardless of their settings. Have been using enbseries_gta4_v0077a and enbseries_gta4_v0077b, which seem to produce the best-looking game experience to this level of patch.

What, if any, other steps could I take to make this work?

fahadhasin96
  • fahadhasin96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (Quince99 @ Tuesday, Jun 14 2011, 01:26)
Thank you for this. I have patched to v1.0.4.0 and at least the majority of scripts seem to load correctly and function, as far as I can tell.

The only problem now is the ENB Series graphic enhancements which crash the game every time, regardless of their settings. Have been using enbseries_gta4_v0077a and enbseries_gta4_v0077b, which seem to produce the best-looking game experience to this level of patch.

What, if any, other steps could I take to make this work?

Just update your patch to 1.0.7.0 its better.... and be sure to have xliveless-0.999b7. It solves all the problems in most of the cases.

AngryAmoeba
  • AngryAmoeba

Symbiote

• Members

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

I disagree about 1.0.7.0... Most notably, ENB Series is not 100% compatible with 1.0.6.0 and 1.0.7.0 some effects don't work. There are ENB settings for those patches, but they don't take full advantage of what ENB Series can do.

I use 1.0.4.0 with ENB 0.82 (not sure which exact version... maybe 0.82b7?). Boris, the maker of ENB Series, doesn't recommend using 0.82 because some people have reported video card damage. But a few months ago he told me the problem is that DX11 Nvidia cards sometimes overheat and get damaged, so I could just force higher cooling fan speeds. I did that, and I also have my computer sound an alarm when the GPU temperature is too high, and I haven't had any trouble.

If you don't want to risk it, I think 0.79 is probably the second-best version.

Were you using user-created settings for the ENB versions that crashed? Sometimes they are designed for only a specific patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users