Modern Warfare 3

1,331 replies to this topic
Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 19:21)
Have to admit, BF3 is definitely looking better, but this will still be fun to play through.

Fun will last only first 4-5 missions during 1st walkthrough.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 12:02)
Too right, but when first playing through I hated seeing camping snipers who thought they were well hidden or well protected by their team mates, so it was fun to just blast them with the shotgun and then try and quickly clear the remaining enemies. I died quite alot, trust me, mainly due to how loud the shotguns are, and adding a silencer to it was f*cking pointless as the range just shot down to 0. The AA-12 is great, but only if you know exactly where the enemy is going to be when entering a building, since the range was sh*t and the recoil meant you were going to lose in a face-to-face fight.

I just hated long range as my aim was pretty sh*t, but the UMP45 is great for this because of how light it is, so if the enemy is moving around alot, you can still get them easily enough.

I'm hoping the MP map design is slightly better in MW3, and gets rid of some of the annoying stuff, such as on HighRise where someone was guaranteed to be shot by a sniper within 5 seconds of the game starting. Same goes for Wasteland and Afghan, where a well placed noobtube would clear out a few enemies. End of the day though, won't be long before the maps are exploited to their best, like on Domination where you'd go to secure a position at the start of the match, and end up getting killed by some noobtuber.

i actually had a mini epiphony last night tounge.gif what about having Primary shotguns and Secondary shotguns?

@Sreet Mix: But then theres the MP which lasts most people days and days worth of gameplay. smile.gif

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 18:21)

Have to admit, BF3 is definitely looking better, but this will still be fun to play through.

If that video didnt have a title at first glance i'd think it was MW2, they haven't changed the way it looks, it still looks very similar to MW2

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 19:15)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 18:21)
[youtube/]J73SfuOeaOQ[/youtube]

If that video didnt have a title at first glance i'd think it was MW2, they haven't changed the way it looks, it still looks very similar to MW2

Don't know like, the graphics seem a tad shinier and smoother. I know it's no big advance, but the graphics weren't that bad on MW2 anyway. And why should they change their graphics engine anyway, just because all other games are advancing? Just because the graphics are slightly dated doesn't mean it won't be as fun to play through, in reference to Street's post.

My only gripe is that, after watching BF3, the action seems low-scale and boring in MW3. It still seems to have that run-and-then-gun action, as in, make your way to a certain point, have a fire-fight, then run on some more with no trouble until you hit another bunch of guys. Don't get me wrong, some of the best parts of the MW2 campaign were when you were faced with a whole bunch of guys, such as the mission where you try to take back Burger Town. Just please don't have the whole campaign like this.

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

I'd also like to know what you guys prefer, as soon as you get COD do you stick the disk in and the first option you clicko on is "multiplayer" or do you do the campaign? i personally prefer doing the campaign first it gets me used to the games guns and stuff, ive heard some people say "COD is only good for online, its made for online, the campaigns are sh*t" Well firstly you are wrong, if COD was made for online then why are the campaigns totally awesome, its less stressing than online, well this is turning to be an argument with myself lol, ill let you guys answer.

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 20:54)
I'd also like to know what you guys prefer, as soon as you get COD do you stick the disk in and the first option you clicko on is "multiplayer" or do you do the campaign?

Always, always do at least 3 or 4 missions first. But sometimes as lots of my friends get it on release day also, I end up getting invite spammed so therefore sidetracked and dragged onto multiplayer. tounge.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Its been confirmed, there is quickscoping.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:01 PM

I personally think (And this is my own opinion so i dont expect anyone to agree) MW2 was a good game, i played threw the campaign twice, ive spend 25 days and over playing it online on the xbox 360, and just over 12 days on the PS3, so to say i was a fan of MW2 is an understatement.

Now i expected a few more changes to MW3, hell it looks almost identical to 2, but as i enjoyed it so much, for me, keeping that same look and feel might not be a totally bad thing. Obviously until ive played threw i cant totally judge, but as it stands right now im excited for this.

Even pre-ordered my copy from Game today inlove.gif
And to any UK fans, Game are doing a deal at the moment where if you pre-order MW3, you get Cod4 for 10, i snapped that up as i didnt have Cod4 for the 360 tounge.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

Before I had live, I used to play the campaign and spec ops.

To bad I can't understand the story, it was in German.

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 21:57)

Link please?

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

user posted image

There you go.

tubbs51
  • tubbs51

Superbowl 48 Champs! GO SEAHAWKS!!

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 20:54)
I'd also like to know what you guys prefer, as soon as you get COD do you stick the disk in and the first option you clicko on is "multiplayer" or do you do the campaign? i personally prefer doing the campaign first it gets me used to the games guns and stuff, ive heard some people say "COD is only good for online, its made for online, the campaigns are sh*t" Well firstly you are wrong, if COD was made for online then why are the campaigns totally awesome, its less stressing than online, well this is turning to be an argument with myself lol, ill let you guys answer.

I always play through the Campaign first. No matter what.

Ok i think they need to tweak second chance a bit...

An upper chest shot/Headshot by any weapon shouldnt put you into last stand if the shooter is short to medium range for Pistols, Shotguns, and SMGs and Short to long range for Snipers, ARs, and LMGs...

kinda ridiculous on BlOps where i can shoot a guy in the chest with my M60 and he goes down on his ass and still has the ability to shoot.

So in other words a shot to the extremities (minus the head) and abdomen should put you in Last Stand...

ChossenOne
  • ChossenOne

Ditched!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 06:54)

I do the campaign first, always, multiplayer will always come second. And I agree about them being awesome. They're the only reason I but the damn things.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 05:57)

Motherf*cker! cry.gif

The gameplay looks like MW2 but I don't mind since it's a new setting and story. We need to see some multiplayer gameplay!

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 02:41)
We need to see some multiplayer gameplay!

I'm no wizard, but I'd assume it's the same as the past four COD's. ph34r.gif

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:43 AM

No last chance or second chance.

I would provide the link but I am tired and I am going to sleep.

OnlineGamer
  • OnlineGamer

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (Remix. @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 02:58)
QUOTE (Piperka @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 02:41)
We need to see some multiplayer gameplay!

I'm no wizard, but I'd assume it's the same as the past four COD's. ph34r.gif

Funny when MW2 MP is totally different (and in my opinion much, much better) than the rest of the cods turn.gif

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Genuine question here, what is the excitement over QS? Surely you are just taking the whole point of the sniper rifle away. I don't mind those who use snipers purely on big maps, but then when it comes to small maps, such as Skidrow, and they're still using a sniper rifle, then it bugs me to f*ck. Sure, it looks smart in killcam mode, but so f*ck?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 14:24)

Genuine question here, what is the excitement over QS? Surely you are just taking the whole point of the sniper rifle away. I don't mind those who use snipers purely on big maps, but then when it comes to small maps, such as Skidrow, and they're still using a sniper rifle, then it bugs me to f*ck. Sure, it looks smart in killcam mode, but so f*ck?

To be honest, there were two, perhaps three, MW2 maps that were large enough to truly utilise the proper, full-bore-zoom sniper rifles. On every single other map, the ACOG was a much better choice.
Quick-scoping doesn't bother me at all in principal; in practice however, it's a pain. But that's mainly due to the fact that the magnification levels on the sniper scopes are actually very low. If you forced people into using a fixed 12x magnification on the standard scopes, then it would make quick-scoping at mid range a hell of a lot more difficult as it would be nigh-on impossible to track any moving target close in.

Bates_GTA
  • Bates_GTA

Twitter - @ChristianBates_

• Members

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:26 PM

Apart from the fact it will bring out the screaming 12 year olds, isn't anyone else chuffed Quick Scoping will be back? Variety lacks so badly in Black Ops its horrible, Just people being lazy & spraying everywhere. Quick Scoping is the only thing that keeps MW2 alive still. I'm all for it.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

I have a massive conspiracy theory about IW staff being the first ever quickscopers and that's why they enforce it to this day, but i'll leave that for another day.

Also heres the link if anyone wants to read it.

I completely agree and we have changed a lot of how XP, match bonus, challenges, rewards, and other incentives are distributed in objective gameplay, much on how we are encouraging gun on gun gameplay in TDM modes, in objective modes we are making it so being an objective focused player in objective gametypes.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

There is a new feature in spec ops to call in an AI controlled squad of 4 men.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Sunday, Jun 12 2011, 01:01)

Why the f*ck do you never back your stuff up with links?

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 20:02)

I agree, if you're going to post info, we would appreciate some sort of source.

Chinatown Wars
  • Chinatown Wars

<3 Chris

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (*MURDOC* @ Sunday, Jun 12 2011, 01:06)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Saturday, Jun 11 2011, 20:02)

I agree, if you're going to post info, we would appreciate some sort of source.

We want links, not a twitter pic too

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:12 AM

Butters relax man.

MSNBC has been able to film some Spec Ops footage at E3. To be precisely, they filmed some guys playing Survival on the map "Dome". You can watch the video here: http://www.msnbc.msn...349883#43349883.

First of all they say some interesting stuff:
- Improvement of MW2
- Lots of bonusses/upgrades/weapons to buy
- Improved AI
- You can buy your own AI, your own squad to fight with you
- The gameplay feels as tight(?) as it has ever been from MW2
- They are using Multiplayer maps instead of Singleplayer maps

Now a breakdown with some pictures.

user posted image
The two guys playing Survival on "Dome".

user posted image
The new blood screen, a "wave complete" sign at the top and what looks to be the Model 1887 shotgun.

user posted image
Some stats that are shown at the end of each wave (a column for each player?).

user posted image
A different part of the map "Dome" (or a whole new map). And what is that small white/yellow bar below?

user posted image
A look at what's probably the AI you are going to be able to buy, and some sort of harrier sign and a grenade sign. Those are the shops you can buy stuff.

user posted image
Here you can see the sign of last shop, the gun shop.

user posted image
Here you can see the wave they are currently in (looks a lot like Spec Ops in MW2). Also, the HUD hasn't changed that much either. At the left screen you can see a sentry gun.

user posted image
A good look at the screen. Two sentry guns, all the shop signs and his teammate + some AI teammates.

Sorry for stretch.

Piperka
  • Piperka

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Australia

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for that vertical limit, looks interesting icon14.gif

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Sunday, Jun 12 2011, 02:12)
A look at what's probably the AI you are going to be able to buy, and some sort of harrier sign and a grenade sign. Those are the shops you can buy stuff.

That's no Harrier. It looks more like an F-15 to me, which is usually the icon used for the precision airstrike killstreak, is it not?

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:07 PM

I'm glad Spec Ops is going to be more fleshed out than the MW2 counterpart, and all this purchasing of items reminds me a bit of Zombie's, pretty cool that IW are trying to keep up with the current want for a survival-type game mode, and at least they haven't 100% ripped off Zombie's, they've made it a shootout, not avoid getting mauled to f*ck. I like it.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Piperka @ Sunday, Jun 12 2011, 08:19)
Thanks for that vertical limit, looks interesting icon14.gif

Welcome mate, will post info once it is out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users