Questions for admins

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:00 AM

So how do admins come about getting a job for the site and do they get paid?

Do the admins that run the website have connections to R* or are they just made up of a fan community?

If the admins do have true connections with R* do they get the information hook-up to get info about games b4 they come out?

Do the admins work from home or is there a little office In A building somewhere with a bunch of admins talking to eachother saying stuff like "dude check out this losers post. He needs to get laid."?

Exactly how much power does an admin have over users and thread posts?

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

As far as I'm concerned, being an Admin is more of a favor than a job. They don't get paid, they get asked to do so, no charge.
They don't have connections to Rockstar, they just administrate the GTA Network, which has nothing to do with R*.
So, no they don't get information regarding stuff like the next Grand Theft Auto or its release date.
They work from home as far as I know, or at least their own computer located somewhere not necessarily a household.
And an Admin has A LOT of power in the forums and should be highly respected, as they can get you banned if they want and can just block you and make your life miserable. wink.gif

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:08 AM Edited by fireguy109, 09 June 2011 - 02:10 AM.

Most admins are the guys who have been here for, like forever. Guys like illspirit and Tank etc, they were the oldest of old school. All admins are volunteers and fans of Grand theft Auto (or were once whatsthat.gif ). Nobody gets paid- all revenue comes from the banner on top of the sites and goes toward's Tank's operating costs.

This may be R*'s official forum but we have a free hand in running it.

@blitz. Actually we are their official forum. Check the newbie guide history section if you want more info.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 23:08)
@blitz. Actually we are their official forum. Check the newbie guide history section if you want more info.

Newbie guide is wrong then. This a fan run forum, not an official Rockstar forum.

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:48 AM

do they get paid?

No, but the old school admins get invited all the time for R* events. That includes playing the GTAs first hand. Plus a few members of the staff, admins and mods, get R* goodies(GTA and other titles) from time to time.

Do the admins that run the website have connections to R* or are they just made up of a fan community?

It's not R*'s forum per say, but this is the biggest official R* fan-network in the world. So they pretty much aware of us, and this site is well know along them. There's R* staff on the IV forums, plus mentions in GTAs manuals etc etc we just got mention in the R* newswire as well.

Do the admins work from home or is there a little office In A building somewhere with a bunch of admins talking to eachother saying stuff like "dude check out this losers post. He needs to get laid."?

The staff members are located all around the globe so no.

They don't have connections to Rockstar, So, no they don't get information regarding stuff like the next Grand Theft Auto or its release date.

False, I won't comment on it though.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

Nice quoting there uni!

We do communicate with Rockstar, as do other fansites - for example. Otherwise we're all just fans of the series.

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (uni @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 02:48)
do they get paid?

No, but the old school admins get invited all the time for R* events. That includes playing the GTAs first hand. Plus a few members of the staff, admins and mods, get R* goodies(GTA and other titles) from time to tme.

do they get paid?

It's not R*'s forum per say, but this is the biggest official R* fan-network in the world. So they pretty much aware of us, and this site is well know along them. There's R* staff on the IV forums, plus mentions in GTAs manuals etc etc we just got mention in the R* newswire as well.

do they get paid?

The staff members are located all around the globe so no.

They don't have connections to Rockstar, So, no they don't get information regarding stuff like the next Grand Theft Auto or its release date.

False, I won't comment on it though.

Very nice uni I rly appreciate the answers I was very curious and its very nice of you guys to moderate the site site free. Y'all are doing a fantastic job running the site and yall are very kind to most of the members. Maybe one day ill work for R* and i would make sure that this forum got all the funds and info it needs but I'm broke and I'm jyst now about to start college so its a long shot but I really want to work for a game producing company one day and I can only hope I work with great, friendly people like y'all. Thank yu so much for answering all my questions and I hope you guys have a peacful and prosperic lives.

Kyle.
  • Kyle.

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 18:17)
Nice quoting there uni!

We do communicate with Rockstar, as do other fansites - for example. Otherwise we're all just fans of the series.

STM, dude...I so need to try "steal" those goodies! tounge.gif Who ever helps me get past the admins invited at the R* events will get -1,000! lol.gif

I'd love to get my hands on those goodies though, I must admit to that. smile.gif

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

I would give anything to gey my hands in the intel that the admins have lol bit it'll never happen I'm just a noob to tha site that's waiting for I.fo o. Gta V lol

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:03 AM

Nice quoting there uni!

That's the last time I'm browsing the forums when drunk, I dodn't even remember posting that.

Going to fix the damn quotes, at least the answers were right! tounge.gif

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE (uni @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 01:03)
Nice quoting there uni!

That's the last time I'm browsing the forums when drunk, I dodn't even remember posting that.

Lol I'm so stoned half the time I don't rember half the sh*t I post

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (uni @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 06:33)
Nice quoting there uni!

Good that you didn't get your drunken ass banned. tounge.gif

Anyways, topic's done, I see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users