» «
Photo

[IV|REL] Mountain Landscape

86 replies to this topic
quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:22 AM Edited by quechus13, 18 June 2011 - 06:13 AM.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This mod will add 3 Mountains and as for a bonus it will add a bay to your GTA IV
if you want to disable any of the maps you will need to read the Readme for that.

Textures are really HD and IV handled them like a piece of cake

512 to 2048 textures.

Spec and Normal Maps applied to the model.

Maybe I will add some trees later to the mountains in life and if this gets successful of course.

Worship
  • Worship

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:28 AM

Nice work man love the textures. That would be good for parashuting video or somethins called like that tounge.gif

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

This is a good map mod and I like it very much.
But there are some things that could be improved.

-Smoothness: There are a lot of parts of the mountain that are just flat and blocky like San Andreas, this could be improved by adding more polys if possible while keeping that 'frame rate friendly' idea into play. Of course if you made it like that on purpose and it is not possible then I understand.

-Collision: There are a few spots on the mountain that don't contain any collision at all and thus going through the model.
This needs to be improved also.

Nonetheless good mod and if you made this mountain bigger or had a lot of them to surround the entire Liberty City perimeter whilst still having Liberty City there, it would make for a truly outstanding atmosphere.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 06:11)

-Smoothness: There are a lot of parts of the mountain that are just flat and blocky like San Andreas, this could be improved by adding more polys if possible while keeping that 'frame rate friendly' idea into play. Of course if you made it like that on purpose and it is not possible then I understand.

-Collision: There are a few spots on the mountain that don't contain any collision at all and thus going through the model.

Nonetheless good mod and if you made this mountain bigger or had a lot of them to surround the entire Liberty City perimeter whilst still having Liberty City there, it would make for a truly outstanding atmosphere.

Yeah I'm planning on fixing the whole polys thing but you know Shadow Link's Exporter just doesn't cut it when exporting high poly models originally the model was 80,000 polys cut down to 20,000

If you could please tell me where you get the bugs (collision wise I will fix it up)

I'm also gonna do trees and add a better atmosphere to it but I can't make it gigantic because you would get bugs in LC (graphic wise)

luckymanhog
  • luckymanhog

MacDiddy10

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 07:21)

Yeah I'm planning on fixing the whole polys thing but you know Shadow Link's Exporter just doesn't cut it when exporting high poly models originally the model was 80,000 polys cut down to 20,000

If you could please tell me where you get the bugs (collision wise I will fix it up)

I'm also gonna do trees and add a better atmosphere to it but I can't make it gigantic because you would get bugs in LC (graphic wise)

I suggest you do his idea make LC surrounded with mountains and your idea adding tree's and stuff.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (luckymanhog @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 07:29)
QUOTE (quechus13 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 07:21)

I suggest you do his idea make LC surrounded with mountains and your idea adding tree's and stuff.

Yeah I think I should do it then alright I'm gonna start working on it A.S.A.P

XTREME0235
  • XTREME0235

Aviation Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

It's a bit tricky to identify each and every little spot that fails to show collision but there are a few and they are mainly towards the middle/bottom of the mountain.

I noticed it mainly to be on the side of the mountain that is facing the airport runway.
As I said it is tricky to know each spot, it's probably best that you re-analyse it where you created the collision to see the missed spots for yourself.

I hope this helps. smile.gif

luckymanhog
  • luckymanhog

MacDiddy10

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (XTREME0235 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 08:00)
It's a bit tricky to identify each and every little spot that fails to show collision but there are a few and they are mainly towards the middle/bottom of the mountain.

I noticed it mainly to be on the side of the mountain that is facing the airport runway.
As I said it is tricky to know each spot, it's probably best that you re-analyse it where you created the collision to see the missed spots for yourself.

Just tested yes might need to redo collisions.When you do the idea's should add like island's or something small rocks in water.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (luckymanhog @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 08:11)

Just tested yes might need to redo collisions.When you do the idea's should add like island's or something small rocks in water.

Alright guys tested it on LAN with my bro and yep there are bugs (STARTS TO FIX)

luckymanhog
  • luckymanhog

MacDiddy10

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 08:42)
QUOTE (luckymanhog @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 08:11)

Alright guys tested it on LAN with my bro and yep there are bugs (STARTS TO FIX)

Good to hear.

guruhuru
  • guruhuru

GTA San Andreas won't die (o:

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

nice, finally some nature in IV smile.gif good work

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:44 PM Edited by Exxon, 08 June 2011 - 04:18 PM.

I swear, I'm not gay tounge.gif but I love you for this Q biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
And by the way, are you also going to release that '100.000 poly map' which you have (that I wanted)?
And what about that desert you told me about?

-----

I made a few pictures of glitches I found so you know where it is

user posted image

Another one at the front (close to the runway)

user posted image

And again, another one tounge2.gif It's close to the beach-like part besides the highway, close to the swing

user posted image

Just again, about the same part biggrin.gif

user posted image

turn.gif

NOTE
I'm just doing this to help you! smile.gif

-----

The mountain is just so darn high that the map disappears at 25 View Distance and 50 Detail Distance biggrin.gif
And there's another glitch at this picture wink.gif

user posted image

-----

You should also make a road going uphill, first one with asphalt, a second (or just primary/only) road from dirt smile.gif
Also, you should make a bay all the way down the mountain smile.gif

user posted image

I know, I ask a lot tounge2.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:15 PM Edited by nkjellman, 08 June 2011 - 07:12 PM.

Nice work. I will DEFINITLY put this on my GTA smile.gif . Nice work. Textures and envierment remind me of the Uncharted videos for the NGP. But the black Z fighting bug (far away land) will be an issue on GTA IV patches 6 and 7, and all EFLC versions mostly noticable with the original Timecycle.

Edit: Tryed it. Its pritty cool but there are some things I would do. First is maybe roads going around the island so we can drive up to the top. (dirt or paved). Secondly Id make it easyer to get to the top. (with out air brake or helicopter). It adds more fun. Last thing is you should move it farther away from LC. There is a lot of room around the LC map where it could be moved to. It would be better rather then right at the end of the airport runway, because planes fly right through it, and its kinda weird having a super tall mountan right at the end of the runway. Also there are alot of uncolled spots where you fall through. But overall you did a great job. Keep it up man.

Edit2: Exxon, you can go higher than that with a heli in TBOGT, and it does not disapear. That has to be a bug. Also it does not do that for me, and Im also using ENB series.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

Alright guys hopefully you will understand that I'm not so good at creating vegetation but this is what I'm gonna do.

user posted image

I'm gonna add that to the mod and I will do more mountains far away and less big (some for ragdoll fun and other for basejumping

The view distance really is up to you I can't modify all the LC map just for this mod XD

I also have this image of the map I showed before but it was in early stages
CLICKY TO FACEBOOK

Alright guys I'm gonna work smile.gif

luckymanhog
  • luckymanhog

MacDiddy10

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 22:58)
Alright guys hopefully you will understand that I'm not so good at creating vegetation but this is what I'm gonna do.

user posted image

I'm gonna add that to the mod and I will do more mountains far away and less big (some for ragdoll fun and other for basejumping

The view distance really is up to you I can't modify all the LC map just for this mod XD

I also have this image of the map I showed before but it was in early stages
CLICKY TO FACEBOOK

Alright guys I'm gonna work smile.gif

Nice.

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:25 PM

Alright I made 3 New mountains 1 of the size of the empire state building, 1 half the size of it and 1 half the size of the other one tounge.gif

3ds max Screens coming...

luckymanhog
  • luckymanhog

MacDiddy10

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Wednesday, Jun 8 2011, 23:25)
Alright I made 3 New mountains 1 of the size of the empire state building, 1 half the size of it and 1 half the size of the other one tounge.gif

3ds max Screens coming...

Nice update.Can't wait to see the screens biggrin.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Alright had problems with the mountains I created before so I had to re-do them

I've got a new Mountain ingame with bugless collision smile.gif I had to put 20K more polys to the collision for that though no more holes or broken model either

Now don't be fooled this mountain is bigger than the old one.

Screen:

user posted image

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Can we download it now already or not? dontgetit.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 15:00)
Can we download it now already or not? dontgetit.gif

not yet I still have to do the other 2 and arrange the bay.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 15:06)

biggrin.gif So you actually are gonna do the bay?!? biggrin.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 15:09)

its already done I showed you guys screens of it one of an early stage and one completed.

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (quechus13 @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 15:12)
QUOTE (Exxon @ Thursday, Jun 9 2011, 15:09)

its already done I showed you guys screens of it one of an early stage and one completed.

Yes, ok, but there are no houses and roads like this

user posted image

NVM, I'll see what comes out of it smile.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

lol houses XD

I tried to make a house for it once but the wood collision sucked so much it made my game crash. we'll see bro smile.gif

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Ok, but don't wait too long I don't have the patience for it xD

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:10 PM Edited by quechus13, 09 June 2011 - 08:37 PM.

Converting last Mountain then I'm gonna test drawing distances.

EDIT:

It seems that the collision of the 3rd mountain doesn't want to stick to the position I told it to :S

Will re do the whole mountain (any requests on the shape and height?)

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:42 AM Edited by Exxon, 10 June 2011 - 05:45 AM.

About a little bit lower than the Empire Building, but make it long with those small rocks at the end smile.gif
And if posible, a road (on all mountains if possible) because I want a bit of a road I can rally on smile.gif

user posted image

That would be awesome biggrin.gif

luckymanhog
  • luckymanhog

MacDiddy10

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

Well i like islands and mountains big 1's and small.

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Exxon @ Friday, Jun 10 2011, 06:42)
About a little bit lower than the Empire Building, but make it long with those small rocks at the end smile.gif
And if posible, a road (on all mountains if possible) because I want a bit of a road I can rally on smile.gif

SCREENSHOT

That would be awesome biggrin.gif

That reminds me of something I modeled years ago, never finished it though. sad.gif

user posted image

Exxon
  • Exxon

The Obvious Child

• Members

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:16 PM Edited by Exxon, 10 June 2011 - 02:18 PM.

Blaster You should finish that man! Looks awesome! biggrin.gif
But, I gues you use 3DS to make those models right?
I made a model once in Sketchup and imported it to 3DS, that won't work for IV I gues?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users