Vice City: Remastered

22 replies to this topic
Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:29 AM

So, if a Remastered version of Vice City came out for Next Generation Consoles, or the current... would you buy it?

I would, heck Vice City was my childhood!

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

I'm still waiting for R* to strike up some deal and release all the III-era games, remastered, on Live/PSN.

I tried playing VC on my 360, but it hadf quite a few bugs as far as I can recall, and just wasn't the same experience as playing it on original console.

I'd definitely buy it though. Although not the best one in the series, it was still a great game and kept me entertained for hours on end. I just wouldn't want them to change it that much though, just maybe add some nice shiny graphics and maybe an online feature?

Node
  • Node

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Tuesday, Jun 7 2011, 11:29)
So, if a Remastered version of Vice City came out for Next Generation Consoles, or the current... would you buy it?

Straight up yes! no hesitation on my mind, even a remastered GTA 3 would shock me.

BadaBing15
  • BadaBing15

Capo De Tutti i Capi

• Members

Posted 11 June 2011 - 03:09 AM

That's definitely a Y-E-S , but a remake of GTA II would be nice, but instead of top down, it would use the GTA IV engine

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 12 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

I don't feel like buying for something I already own... or even made better by myself already.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:49 AM

Hands down YES!!!

I'd totally buy it, same as if they remastered III and SA for 360.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

I think personally if Rockstar had a studio prioritised to Remastering previous titles in the franchise for the PS3 / Xbox and maybe PC, I think they could make a heck of a lot of money.

GTA SA on XBL really pissed me off, because you can't be connected to xbox live while you play? Thats very stupid..?

Sorry to bump my own thread:D

I would like to see

Vice City Remastered because it was literally my childhood, the game I grew up playing

San Andreas remastered simply because it was a good game

Perez84
  • Perez84

Playa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:02 AM Edited by Perez84, 09 July 2011 - 02:04 AM.

It would be wonderful to see a GTA:VC remastered. Last week I played it on my old PS2 and seemed too coarse after having played GTAs on next-gen consoles.

CutToSleep
  • CutToSleep

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

A remake would be really great.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:57 AM

A remake or remaster of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, for the current generation consoles would be fantastic! Infact, I would also love to see Vice City redesigned into a completely new game, with a completely different storyline, too. Either would be fantastic.
  • sqre likes this

TrevorSpeed914
  • TrevorSpeed914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE (DTUMan @ Sunday, Jul 10 2011, 02:57)
A remake or remaster of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, for the current generation consoles would be fantastic! Infact, I would also love to see Vice City redesigned into a completely new game, with a completely different storyline, too. Either would be fantastic.

I think you just predicted V.

Black7
  • Black7

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

I would buy it. But I'd love to see the whole III series remastered and released for the PS Vita. Along with the long missing episode of San Andreas Stories.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:24 AM

Since I collect GTA games, yes. Besides, I love this game. I would definitely buy it again.

l0cKd0wn-UnIt
  • l0cKd0wn-UnIt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

If you did a PC version..f*ck YEAH! man vice city is like the gold of gta, but needs more stuff, like bigger map/islands, missions, guns, vehicles, and getting rid of the stupid hollow jet that lands at the airport mad.gif

but otherwise yes, i'm all for it biggrin.gif

sqre
  • sqre

Vice City Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:07 AM

i would in a second!

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Tuesday, Jun 7 2011, 07:48)
I'm still waiting for R* to strike up some deal and release all the III-era games, remastered, on Live/PSN.

I tried playing VC on my 360, but it hadf quite a few bugs as far as I can recall, and just wasn't the same experience as playing it on original console.

I'd definitely buy it though. Although not the best one in the series, it was still a great game and kept me entertained for hours on end. I just wouldn't want them to change it that much though, just maybe add some nice shiny graphics and maybe an online feature?

vice city is the best in the series.it is in my book anyway.Didnt like san andreas all that much.

but yes.i'd definitly buy it if it was rereleased on the ps3.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (ViceDiaz @ Saturday, Jul 23 2011, 16:17)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Tuesday, Jun 7 2011, 07:48)

vice city is the best in the series.it is in my book anyway.Didnt like san andreas all that much.

but yes.i'd definitly buy it if it was rereleased on the ps3.

Agree.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

Would certainly be a novelty to see vice city remastered in HD, soaking in the disco lights at the Malibu club in high def? Yes please

d00d
  • d00d

Common sense with a baseball bat

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

I would buy the sh*t out of that.

Sammy Starrock
  • Sammy Starrock

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:51 PM

It would be a dream come true for me.Vice City is a timeless classic that deserves to be remembered and revisited. I try to play it whenever I can but it is very hard to deal with the chopply old physics engines and the lack of ability compared to even San Andreas as far as gameplay.

I think they could remaster it with all new models, add in some audio clips for npc's and characters, and even some missions that surely exist but were cut due to disc space.

I also think they could add a couple more streets in all directions to the city blocks without disrupting the overall feel of the city to add some size and depth to the city. Maybe even add a new whole section.

A few more hours of radio, some new songs, a couple more cars and npc models, and more interactive buildings and side activities while NOT removing any of the features or activities that made the game great could not only be a good idea, but could be one of the best selling games of its release year.

Lets see it rockstar!!

Dalamo
  • Dalamo

Social Butterfly

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by Edwin, 28 July 2014 - 12:39 PM.

Even if it sucks I'dget it, just because...Vice City *_*

Highly doubt it would suck, the single player, at least.

karl2
  • karl2

kaaaarl!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

I would not buy it. It will be boring with slightly better graphics. I rather keep the good memories about the game.

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

LC IV

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:04 AM

I would in a way. As long as it doesn't have an overrated Multiplayer added, maybe a small Multiplayer, no DLC's, then yes. And definitely if it was in HD, but nothing changed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users