San Andreas Nostalgia!

164 replies to this topic
Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:33 PM

..In a good way! This may be R*'s most ambitious game to date. What they managed to pull off running on a PS2 is nothing short of a miracle. Havent played the game since 2015 and I recently started a new game. Theres so much to do and so much to see. I guess this is a SA appreciation thread  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What is your favorite thing to do in this awesome game?

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Starting a new game is always so special. All of a sudden there's so much ahead of you to do. As for my favourite thing? It's more of a combination of things. I don't quite go for the starter save but I definitely get a bulk of the side missions out of the way. It was a great way to get reacquainted with the city and earn some extra cash early on. Don't bother even buying weapons because you'll end up with nothing by the time you reach the countryside. Save it for properties and businesses later on.
  • Nostalgia, Dee. and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Long live 2pac, Tupac, Makaveli, THE LEGEND

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:18 PM Edited by GTA_The_Series, 21 June 2017 - 08:22 PM.

This is back in the day when R* weren't greedy f*cks with D*ckTwo. Back when they made gta games with heart. IV was their last grate game imo. V was good up until their online sh*t. Then at the end R* was f*cked with T2 making their moves with the modding.

OT: What's my favorite thing to do in SA?

Just play it...that's all. Playing this in 2017 and will for years to come. SA was the sh*t for it's time in 2004 and still is. Makes you realize R* weren't always the way they were as they are today. T2 made them worse in a whole other way.
  • Official General, GrudgefromSanAndreas and nader91 like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:23 AM

My favorite, and most nostalgic GTA game. Here's how it went.

Hello darlings! This thread is dedicated to sharing your good or bad memories of playing GTA...SA is definitely the most nostalgic for me, mainly because it's the first "official" GTA game that I played...And despite the fact that the disc is more used up and worn out than my asshole, I still keep it safely in its box, and in my game drawer...Why? Because of all the fond memories I have of playing it...And it happened during summer vacation, so I didn't need to worry about homework, or my parents telling me to go to sleep because it's a school day tomorrow...This was also the same summer that I got my first computer(ergo, my introduction to internet), and started listening to extreme metal...So the whole day I was playing the game, looking for random sh*t on the internet(most of it related to SA and R*, and doing research on extreme metal), and listening to the aforementioned music while taking notes on its sub-genres and their respective bands...Yep, it was the best summer vacation I ever had, so what stories do you guys have?

As for my favorite thing to do, cause havoc with the hydra, gamble, drive through the whole state, the little things, you know? :)

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

Driving a train across the whole state for the sub-mission. Even if the job is very easy with the passengers' train and doesn't give anything fancy it's very agreable. I love trains in general and seeing the landscapes of the countryside, the desert, the lights changing with the day time, the sound of the train, it reminds me good memories.

• Neon_Dreaming and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Dooqx
  • Dooqx

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:35 AM Edited by Dooqx, 11 July 2017 - 11:36 AM.

Back in the day GTA San Andreas was way ahead of its time. A whole state recreated with 3 cities and nearly a dozen small towns and ghost towns. Couldn't believe what I saw! I remember the first time I played it. Such a different vibe than that of GTA Vice City but with its own charm. It took me a few days to get used to the movement controls (cars steered more slowly in comparison to those in GTA VC) but after I got that under control I fell in love with the game. I still play it every now and then and I got to say, there is no game in the world that can give me the same feeling as GTA SA still does.

To be honest, I wish for R* to do one thing only; recreate GTA SA with the GTA 5 graphics and release this game again. Man.. would that be awesome.

ScupperMan
  • ScupperMan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

I would buy a next gen SA.
  • lil weasel likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:06 AM

Cruising in Aldea Malvada or Las Brujas in a remington with the blue-white flames painting during a foggy night while listening to Nirvana - Come as you are.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Listening to The 60's on gotradio.com; Green River - Creedence Clearwater Revival just pop up; I was like " GTA SAN MOTHERf*ckING ANDREAS ????!!!"

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

Playing the vigilante sub-mission on a HPV-1000.

The bikes' handling is much better than in Vice City, with the code to explode the vehicles on touch, an invincible CJ, infinite ammo for my SMG and minigun (among others), nearly empty roads and the alternations between cities and countryside this job is very pleasant although it takes a longer time than in the other episodes.

• Neon_Dreaming and GrudgefromSanAndreas like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Playing around with cheats, using the flying cars cheat with a tank, indestructible CJ, like Superman with all the bullets bouncing off him. Radio X and KDS-T playing when flying the Hydra. Good times playing this game.
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:15 AM

I love the gangsta theme. theme. I hope Rockstar do it again. NWA, gangs, pimps and lowriders, all dope.

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

Cluckin Bell commercial jingle, nuff said.
  • Evil empire likes this

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

Everything is random in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, Thanks to it RenderWare engine this game successfully always make me surprised.
For example:
If you're on the middle of El Castillo del Diablo you might see a Ranger chasing random car/bikes, Random Rustler plane crashing into arches and (might false) ghosts.
That's why i relly love Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. I still have 1.0 SA on PC and i consistently making videos of it.
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas likes this

nader91
  • nader91

B.G.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

it's the game that shaped me who i am today in terms of clothing and music taste... 1 month left until the 13th anniversary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users