Photo

San Andreas Nostalgia!

141 replies to this topic
slowhands111
  • slowhands111

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Cole Phelps Gta @ Wednesday, Mar 7 2012, 05:10)
SAN Andreas has really sh*tty graphics their crappy. i'm not a graphics natzi but after playing iv the graphic are horrible. im playing on my hd tv which makes it worse. im still enjoying it but its tripping me out i usually adjust to graphics quickly but not this time

The colourful graphics and bright nights are still enjoyable. I can run full hd resolution with good framerates with a cheap graphics card and the graphics are quite clean and sharp.
I hated the blur filter on all the time on GTA4 Xbox360 version.
The car handling and gamepad support has been improved a lot with GTA4, but you can improve GTA SA with tools like Xpadder and I like bicycles ;-)

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

Big Mouthed Prick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by lil weasel, 18 August 2013 - 03:19 PM.

EDIT: << merged 'new' topic into existing topic >>

With the biggest GTA game to date fast approaching, it's no secret that the sheer scale of what we've seen is a big factor of the hype. This brought me back to 2004, and the feelings I got when playing San Andreas for the first time.

I'll always remember as soon as I took control of Carl I rode the bmx west for what seemed an eternety at the time. I eventually reached the Santa Maria lighthouse and thought I had finally found the side of the map. I then decided to try out swimming and swam further out west from the lighthouse. As I saw flint county fade into the distance from what I thought was the ocean horizon I was in complete amazement. I then brought up the pause menu map and saw I had only covered about a third of the map width. Just how big was this damn game?

Did anyone else have a moment similar to this back in '04? I'd love to hear it, and thought it would be something fun to get us a little more hyped for V.

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:58 AM Edited by lil weasel, 11 January 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Considering I was only 11-12 when I played san andreas and much of the stuff included weren't found me/the missions weren't really understandable, I am gonna play this piece of awesomeness game again on my pc.

Can't wait to fly around with the hydra.

• latigreblue likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Good luck doing the Supply Lines mission =D

Girl_Next_Door
  • Girl_Next_Door

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:29 AM

Good luck doing the Supply Lines mission =D

Don't remember this one but don't spoil it for me hun <3

Dap300
  • Dap300

GTA III, VC

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

I am not going to do Zero's missions, they are bugged in the PS2.

Have fun w/ San Andreas!

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

There's no bug. The Fuel is a 'Time Limiter', and bad flying is penalized harshly.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:22 AM

I just started a new SA playthrough as well. The nostalgia that I'm feeling is just amazing. I'm finally taking the chance to fully experience the game. Last time I did a playthrough, I was younger and didn't understand the missions fully.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:27 AM

Yo if you got the extra cash go get a nexus 7... 200 buks on sale at most places (often) 220 without sale... Get the Moble Android version and connect your PS3 controller in. They added shaders, increased draw distance... my cars got SHINE yo shine! looks sick on the HD screen the Nexus 7 has... Plus, you can take that sh*t anywhere... I have been playing more San Andreas than V lately... 

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:32 AM Edited by GoldenBlade, 11 January 2014 - 04:33 AM.

Yo if you got the extra cash go get a nexus 7... 200 buks on sale at most places (often) 220 without sale... Get the Moble Android version and connect your PS3 controller in. They added shaders, increased draw distance... my cars got SHINE yo shine! looks sick on the HD screen the Nexus 7 has... Plus, you can take that sh*t anywhere... I have been playing more San Andreas than V lately... 

Wish I could afford it. Unfortunately, I can't. From what I've heard, the Nexus 7 version of SA is pretty awesome. The gameplay looks great.

Deus Ex
  • Deus Ex

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

So many feels...such a great game.

I still remember the time when i first time played it and looked at the map. 

It was beatiful...

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Grove Street.. home, still get goosebumps thinking about that sentence

• Raptor013 likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:03 PM Edited by GoldenBlade, 12 January 2014 - 08:03 PM.

Grove Street.. home, still get goosebumps thinking about that sentence

Same with me. I started a new SA playthrough a few days ago. When I heard that sentence, the memories started flowing. :inlove:
  • Raptor013 likes this

Drake Johnson
  • Drake Johnson

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:46 AM Edited by Drake Johnson, 14 January 2014 - 12:58 AM.

Considering I was only 11-12 when I played san andreas and much of the stuff included weren't found me/the missions weren't really understandable, I am gonna play this piece of awesomeness game again on my pc.

Can't wait to fly around with the hydra.

Eh it wasn't the missions I was so overly fond of in this game, it's good but I like VC story better, it's the sandbox experience that kept me playing SA all these years

but yeah it does take a long time to unlock everything that's in the game, you can still cheat to get some of them like jetpack, tank, hydra ect. but its nice to unlock them instead, you feel a great feel of accomplishment when you unlock everything

I remember getting SA for christmas in 2004 when I was 14 and trying to figure out how to sleep with the hookers, took em back to CJ's house as I recall, thinking I had to get out my car and go in the house rofl To think it'll be 10 years this year since I played San Andreas for the very first time! I think an SA party will be in order later this year :D

Who remembers the good ole top down days? Use to love running over those orange jump suit guys

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:43 AM Edited by G_Masta_Phunk, 17 January 2014 - 04:44 AM.

Top down was where it started... I remember my buddy showing me GTA for the first time on his computer. We would just get cops chasing us and run over people trying to get as far as we can... way too young to have been playing that game but the graphics were so bad my parents nor my friend's parents really minded...

I played the hell out of China town because it bought me back to these times..... China town was actually really dope i remember too... funny and witty... might have to pick that up again... 

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Facade Corporation
  • Bhutan

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

SJOPdpM.jpg

June 2005 in the gtaforums IRC channel. Found this while looking through old stuff so I thought I'd share it.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

SJOPdpM.jpg

June 2005 in the gtaforums IRC channel. Found this while looking through old stuff so I thought I'd share it.

I was there! Holy hell nostalgia to the max!!!

• Gutslab likes this

StephenJLY17
  • StephenJLY17

Want me to get my dick out again?

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:11 AM Edited by lil weasel, 21 July 2014 - 08:35 AM. Merged topics.

EDIT: << new topic merged into existing topic of similar nature >>

Like back in the day, these graphics were stunning. Now they look horrible compared to current graphics

• LightningLord likes this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

"You ain't metal 'til you got a clutch pedal."

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:28 AM

Like back in the day, these graphics were stunning. Now they look horrible compared to current graphics

Lol

Those were the days. Being amazed at the game at the time. It doesn't look too bad on mobile devices in my opinion. :)

StephenJLY17
  • StephenJLY17

Want me to get my dick out again?

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:00 AM

It happens with every game, in about 8 years, GTA V will look really bsd

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:43 AM

GTA VC and GTA SA are the only two games ( in the series ) I'm most addicted to since release. During the release, I used to literally throw all my free time on playing. As soon as school ends, I would rush home so that I can continue from where I left. I totally lost interest in all other stuff, be it studies, food or even playing outside with friends. I was just too damn in love with this game, but soon I was facing way too many irregularities affecting my studies, I had to put an end from playing for almost upto 2012 .. lol.

Since then, I started to play again for a taste of video gaming you won't enjoy it more than GTA SA. I think that's what makes me keep coming back, big or small, boring or fun, or just anything worth for some good old fun alone, the interest has always been there to try it one more time. I carried away by the enjoyment and crazy silly fun of venturing out with CJ on a dynamic open world; things are not limited and you got an upper hand on the ability to freely choose whatever sh*t you like to do. There's a ton to do!!

I never got bored of playing the storyline whenever I begin afresh to choose my ways of taking CJ to the top, make new encounters while I complete every mission and also side stuff that I'm interested to either try or simply skip it.
Seriously, the way GTA SA gives a map you want to go deep into, what order you take it, and how much you want to repeat; any fan of non-linear open world won't be let down a bit.
Of course, there are boring sections too, but almost every game ends up being one afterwards anyways.
But, when it comes to GTA SA ( incl GTA VC ), the idea of complete fun with simplicity and general enjoyment easily made it the greatest game for me.
Had this game received few more polished and patching/fixing, It would become more easy than to trouble myself going through few annoying aspects of this game.
In the end, its one of the best game, I loved playing it and still manage to enjoy it without getting bored :^:
  • MetalMilitia89 likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

You guys are going to make me cry. These are all such beautiful stories.

What I love most is that back in GTA, Rockstar had already laid down the foundations of their cities. After Vice City was out and before any announcement for a new game was ever made, EVERYBODY started assuming that San Andreas was next, going by the cities featured in the first GTA game.
Everybody wanted it.
Everybody needed it.
And then, Rockstar delivered with their best game yet, and we had already gave them our hearts. This time, we gave them our souls.
  • Raptor013 likes this

Bender
  • Bender

Swiss Army Dildo

• Daily Globe
  • Netherlands
  • Best Kitchen Appliance 2016

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

San Andreas was my first GTA.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2014 - 01:34 PM Edited by HeroBrineR007, 15 September 2014 - 01:34 PM.

Well, starting from GTA IV, EVERYTHING SUCKED MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!111!1!222@@[email protected]!1
OM6 GTA V ZUCKZZZZZZZ

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

RACINGM8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Man... Playing SA. VC. Gran Turismo 4, NFS Most Wanted, NFSU2, whit friends... Damn those where the gold times for me, remember playing San Andreas in my PS2 whit my friend in 2 player mode, So much time enjoying SA and other games, time that new games cant give me :die:

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Man... Playing SA. VC. Gran Turismo 4, NFS Most Wanted, NFSU2, whit friends... Damn those where the gold times for me, remember playing San Andreas in my PS2 whit my friend in 2 player mode, So much time enjoying SA and other games, time that new games cant give me :die:

You're right.
Old games like Final Fantasy VI or Tomb Raider rock.
You play them like 30 hours and you're still not finished.
New games are too quick and no good gameplay at all.

Like i said, GTA IV AND HIGHER ZUCKZZZZZZ1!!!!!11!!1111111!!!!!!11111!!@^"(0),$3^:
OM6 SA AND VC ARE AWEZUM!!!1!!!!111111111!!!@@!!!

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

RACINGM8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by xHELLAFLUSHx, 15 September 2014 - 09:03 PM.

You're right.
Old games like Final Fantasy VI or Tomb Raider rock.
You play them like 30 hours and you're still not finished.
New games are too quick and no good gameplay at all.

Like i said, GTA IV AND HIGHER ZUCKZZZZZZ1!!!!!11!!1111111!!!!!!11111!!@^"(0),$3^:
OM6 SA AND VC ARE AWEZUM!!!1!!!!111111111!!!@@!!!

I think GTA 4 whit EFLC was good... But gta 5 was a joke man... Still SA and VC and 4 my favs, But the best is SA...

BlueRoseGirl_xx
  • BlueRoseGirl_xx

BlueRoseGirl_xx

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:37 AM

Yes.... I am with you on this. It bring back days of me pregnant and having nothing better to do but to play San Andreas. I will be playing it again this afternoon.. 

BlueRoseGirl_xx
  • BlueRoseGirl_xx

BlueRoseGirl_xx

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:44 AM Edited by lil weasel, 16 September 2014 - 09:56 AM. Caution on multiposts.

Yes i loved playing 2 player with my friends. I also recall searching for big foot on xbox and scaring the sh*t out of my friend because we though we found it lol.. false alarm

Sorry I must comment on your signature...

Tommy in a red shirt? But how?

<Caution> If your previous post goes unanswered Do Not make a new Reply.
Use the EDIT function on that post to add/change/delete text/images in the that first post.
Double-Posting is not approved unless there is a significant time lapse, like days between the posts.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

Yes i loved playing 2 player with my friends. I also recall searching for big foot on xbox and scaring the sh*t out of my friend because we though we found it lol.. false alarm

Sorry I must comment on your signature...

Tommy in a red shirt? But how?

Skin packs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users